A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wasn’t it like $700 to play?
Why risk injury or travel when the tournaments start in earnest next weekend?
Do they BC girls have any to prove?
Were there not any coaches in attendance?
Were any of the coaches employed as college coaches yet?
I don’t think the write ups were that great. Not too many girls were mentioned, and I was looking for names that never got a mention. I wonder how those kids feel? I think that is what this tourney was good for- a mention or tag.

Was a fun event but didn't seem to be many evaluators at the games so curious to see how the "rankings" shake out. Would have been great to have all stats posted for games because the writeups in IL were pretty weak. There was a girl on our team who had at least 4 assists in one game and probably 6-8 on the day with no mention at all.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354196 10/26/21 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think the write ups were that great. Not too many girls were mentioned, and I was looking for names that never got a mention. I wonder how those kids feel? I think that is what this tourney was good for- a mention or tag.

Was a fun event but didn't seem to be many evaluators at the games so curious to see how the "rankings" shake out. Would have been great to have all stats posted for games because the writeups in IL were pretty weak. There was a girl on our team who had at least 4 assists in one game and probably 6-8 on the day with no mention at all.

"didn't seem to be many evaluators at the games" How do you even know who they are? In the past, the IL Player Rankings have been based on the players body of work on the club circuit, the UA Underclass Games and maybe the IL Committed Academy.... not on one game or particular event. As far as stats being the barometer to evaluate a player... well, lets just say that over the years many of the best players do not put up a lot of goals or assists. Maybe that is why some people carry on so much about the rankings, they see their daughter score some goals and wonder why they are not ranked ahead of other players who do not score a lot of goals. Many traditional midfielders do not put up a lot of points but get ranked higher than and more importantly get recruited ahead of many girls who score a lot of goals. You seem like one of those parents that would be happy if your daughter scored 3 goals but the team lost. I would be willing to bet that you would never notice the 3 or 4 dense shots she took that should be classified as a turnover or the 3 or 4 times she didn't feed the ball to that wide open cutter or the 3 times she tried to force it to the goal only to lose the ball or the 2 or three times she cut to goal when she should not have or the lack of effort while redefining etc...

There is a lot more to this game than scoring goals....

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: SAT1234
Anonymous #354201 10/26/21 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"didn't seem to be many evaluators at the games" How do you even know who they are? In the past, the IL Player Rankings have been based on the players body of work on the club circuit, the UA Underclass Games and maybe the IL Committed Academy.... not on one game or particular event. As far as stats being the barometer to evaluate a player... well, lets just say that over the years many of the best players do not put up a lot of goals or assists. Maybe that is why some people carry on so much about the rankings, they see their daughter score some goals and wonder why they are not ranked ahead of other players who do not score a lot of goals. Many traditional midfielders do not put up a lot of points but get ranked higher than and more importantly get recruited ahead of many girls who score a lot of goals. You seem like one of those parents that would be happy if your daughter scored 3 goals but the team lost. I would be willing to bet that you would never notice the 3 or 4 dense shots she took that should be classified as a turnover or the 3 or 4 times she didn't feed the ball to that wide open cutter or the 3 times she tried to force it to the goal only to lose the ball or the 2 or three times she cut to goal when she should not have or the lack of effort while redefining etc...

you are both making the same point

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354202 10/26/21 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just described Charlotte North. She forces the ball and hardly ever passes to wide open players. Yes she scores a lot, but also turns the ball over a lot. Best player in college lacrosse, lol. Why were the stats kept for the boys ID event but not the girls? Hard to know how most girls did based on the write ups. They sounded like they were written by a 6th grader who knew little about the sport.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354207 10/26/21 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read the notes on the Inside Lacrosse ID event. Some key LI girls were mentioned in the article but seems like 2023 Grizzlies attacker had the most love and was pretty much gushed over. I think she had something like 15 goals in the three games..no other player had more than 6. Safe to say she has that #1 spot locked up when the rankings are released in January. and i'd agree. If you see her play or watch her game tape you'll realize she's a special talent

Two TG girls had over 6 goals as well. Two YJ girls had 6. IL did should have shown all the stats including assists, saves and draw controls. CH was the best attacker for sure. Would have been nice if all the teams wee able to play each other to see how the girls matched up.

Don't worry about worthless rankings. The girls will have their opportunity to shine at the next level.

BINGO!
Look back at the 2020 grads and see where they are today or in '21 season (I know its hard w covid but really try to think creatively)
It doesn't matter and just pray that the school you are going to is really going to use you vs. being part of the practice squad or god forbid - ever be able to dress for a game. If you don't know what that last part means brush up on it and warn yourselves and your daughters. Yes, some girls never get to even put on the uniform.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #354215 10/26/21 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just described Charlotte North. She forces the ball and hardly ever passes to wide open players. Yes she scores a lot, but also turns the ball over a lot. Best player in college lacrosse, lol. Why were the stats kept for the boys ID event but not the girls? Hard to know how most girls did based on the write ups. They sounded like they were written by a 6th grader who knew little about the sport.

Why do you even post such nonsense ? CN had 102 goals last year Vs 34 Turnovers, true that she does not assist much but obviously that is not her role on the team. CN had a shooting percentage of .630 which is incredible and her Shots on Goal percentage was .840 which is off the charts. She also had 174 Draw Controls, another unbelievable stat.

The post you were responding to does not describe CN at all.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354220 10/26/21 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you even post such nonsense ? CN had 102 goals last year Vs 34 Turnovers, true that she does not assist much but obviously that is not her role on the team. CN had a shooting percentage of .630 which is incredible and her Shots on Goal percentage was .840 which is off the charts. She also had 174 Draw Controls, another unbelievable stat.

Watched her play in the sixes last weekend. She ran past wide open girls. Didn't even look at them. Selfish lacrosse. Yes, she is a one man team, but is that the objective of the game? Not fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #354221 10/26/21 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The event was great. The write ups not so good in fact some of the write ups has the incorrect player names. My daughter didn’t do 1 draw yet she was attributed as doing so. No it was no where close to $700. These players Were given the opportunity to meet each other and play together for the first time. These games meant nothing. So they played with fun and more fun. No stress. All of the committed girls there knew this and it showed. No selfishness. This was not a recruiting event nor was it sold as being such.
Rankings? This had Nothing to do with that either. Well done and thank you to IL for inviting us.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354223 10/26/21 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was offered from 2 schools listed above. She chose a school not on the list but still in top 30 for lacrosse. Strictly because not everyone financially is prepared for tuition and you have to look at the better financial offer and academic degree for your future! If your telling your daughters to select for lacrosse prestige its a huge disservice to them, unless they plan on teaching lacrosse for their career. My daughter looked at it like a job offer- some go where they are getting paid more! Coming out of college owing 100 grand is not smart for some girls. Top tier girls are being offered by these schools listed and choosing elsewhere. Don't rush to judge why some top girls are choosing wisely !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354224 10/26/21 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched her play in the sixes last weekend. She ran past wide open girls. Didn't even look at them. Selfish lacrosse. Yes, she is a one man team, but is that the objective of the game? Not fun to watch.

When you have the ability to do what she can do, yes, you do what she does. The problem arises when parents coach their daughters to try and do what CN does but they lack the athleticism and ability to do so. We have all seen it, Dad or Mom telling their daughter to "go to goal" or "keep shooting" even when it is not the right thing to do or when they do not have the ability. Selfish lacrosse is ugly, selfish teammates will always hurt the team and coaches that allow selfish play will never win a championship.

Before all of the Go to Goal parents chime in, when a player has the ability to do what CN does, it's not selfish it's part of the overall team strategy. The reality is that there are very few players that have that kind of ability.

As for the "one man team" comment, CN is far from a one man team. BC won the National Championship because they played incredible Team Defense and had great Goalie play... in addition to what CN does, total Team Effort. As usual, that is what wins championship games.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #354225 10/26/21 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just curious why the "rankings" are so important? It does not justify a great player vs. a not so great player. There are many great players that are not ranked and that's OK. My daughter was being recruited by a top 5 college and has never been ranked. So, again why is it so important? Or is it only important to the parent?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354239 10/26/21 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just curious why the "rankings" are so important? It does not justify a great player vs. a not so great player. There are many great players that are not ranked and that's OK. My daughter was being recruited by a top 5 college and has never been ranked. So, again why is it so important? Or is it only important to the parent?

Just curious, did she receive an offer from that program?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354244 10/26/21 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, did she receive an offer from that program?
Yes, and there are many aspects of why she chose a different school.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354249 10/26/21 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was offered from 2 schools listed above. She chose a school not on the list but still in top 30 for lacrosse. Strictly because not everyone financially is prepared for tuition and you have to look at the better financial offer and academic degree for your future! If your telling your daughters to select for lacrosse prestige its a huge disservice to them, unless they plan on teaching lacrosse for their career. My daughter looked at it like a job offer- some go where they are getting paid more! Coming out of college owing 100 grand is not smart for some girls. Top tier girls are being offered by these schools listed and choosing elsewhere. Don't rush to judge why some top girls are choosing wisely !

I'm pretty sure that Princeton, Penn, Duke, Northwestern, Hopkins, Notre Dame, Virginia etc... all have pretty good "Lacrosse Prestige" and that the majority of young women who graduate from those schools choose a career path other than Lacrosse. However, you seem a bit arrogant, do you feel there is something wrong with choosing a career involving something you love? Is teaching and coaching beneath you?

The top programs will make it very affordable for their top recruits. To each her own.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #354251 10/26/21 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to your daughter but I don't think that there are all that many "great players" that do not get ranked or get overlook, there are some for sure, I just do not believe there are that many. If there were so many great players being overlooked we would see more parity and we do not. The reality is that the large majority of the best players go to the best programs, that's what makes them the best programs, they consistently bring in the best players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 86 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard