BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 45 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke is not even close to a powerhouse in Womens Lacrosse. They had one good year, 2021, courtesy of several high profile transfers and a one year business degree that sets the school apart from other post-grad options. Other than 2020, they've been distinctively 'meh'.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any non traditional powers landing any top tier recruits?

Seems that way. No LI girls going to MD, NU, and Duke, Stanford, Cuse only have one a piece. Seems like the ‘23 class numbers are a little down for LI in general

Don’t understand how Stanford is even close to a traditional powerhouse, not even in the conversation. Don’t get me wrong I would give my right arm for any of my kids to attend, but the question was “traditional powers”

I would put Stanford in the conversation as a perennial Top 15 - 25 Program, certainly one of the overall Top 15 - 20 Programs in the country. I realize that Stanford is not Maryland but Stanford has a stronger, more consistent program than 100 + other programs.

IMHO and based on actual Perform over the past 5 - 10 years I would put the following as the Top Programs:

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

I am not the original person that posted but I will say that the above are the "traditional powers". I do not think that there are any other programs that are consistently ranked in the Top 20-25. The schools listed have proven it on the field and they are obviously many of the most coveted schools/programs by student athletes. Great Schools, Great Facilities, Great Programs....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke is not even close to a powerhouse in Womens Lacrosse. They had one good year, 2021, courtesy of several high profile transfers and a one year business degree that sets the school apart from other post-grad options. Other than 2020, they've been distinctively 'meh'.

And will continue to be. Coaching is weak, and they don't have the horses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems that way. No LI girls going to MD, NU, and Duke, Stanford, Cuse only have one a piece. Seems like the ‘23 class numbers are a little down for LI in general

Don’t understand how Stanford is even close to a traditional powerhouse, not even in the conversation. Don’t get me wrong I would give my right arm for any of my kids to attend, but the question was “traditional powers”

I would put Stanford in the conversation as a perennial Top 15 - 25 Program, certainly one of the overall Top 15 - 20 Programs in the country. I realize that Stanford is not Maryland but Stanford has a stronger, more consistent program than 100 + other programs.

IMHO and based on actual Perform over the past 5 - 10 years I would put the following as the Top Programs:

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

I am not the original person that posted but I will say that the above are the "traditional powers". I do not think that there are any other programs that are consistently ranked in the Top 20-25. The schools listed have proven it on the field and they are obviously many of the most coveted schools/programs by student athletes. Great Schools, Great Facilities, Great Programs....

Duke as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke year by year Final Ranking:

2010 - 5
2011 - 5
2012 - 6
2013 - 7
2014 - 8
2015 - 4
2016 - 11
2017 - NR
2018 - NR
2019 - 21
2020 - 18
2021 - 8

Duke is absolutely one of the powerhouse programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering the players Duke gets (I would say the same thing about UVA), they should be able to get over the hump more often than they do. UVA is as aspirational a program/school as UNC and Duke almost is. I would put both schools ahead of BC, MD, NW as far as players desire to go there and play there and yet neither program is consistently in position to play for a national championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using a screenshot of the other poster's Duke rankings:

2016 - 11
2017 - NR
2018 - NR
2019 - 21
2020 - 18
2021 - 8

in recent memory this program does not qualify as a powerhouse. Great school. would love to send my kid there but the facts dont put them in the powerhouse category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke year by year Final Ranking:

2010 - 5
2011 - 5
2012 - 6
2013 - 7
2014 - 8
2015 - 4
2016 - 11
2017 - NR
2018 - NR
2019 - 21
2020 - 18
2021 - 8

Duke is absolutely one of the powerhouse programs.

What have they ever won? Always a bridesmaid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

Mostly agree but why USC over Duke or Hopkins? USC gets some talented players, but has had a couple of great years and that's about it. They always seem to be lumped in as a top program, though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

Mostly agree but why USC over Duke or Hopkins? USC gets some talented players, but has had a couple of great years and that's about it. They always seem to be lumped in as a top program, though.

They went downhill after Devon Wills left. Keep an eye on Harvard, she is a good coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

Agree but tough to put in a particular order maybe 1-10 and then 11-20. In any case Duke is definitely one of the Traditional Power Programs.

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford
Hopkins
Duke

I don’t think there are any additional programs that consistently perform at the level of the teams listed above.

Michigan on the rise and has all the pieces in place to consistently be in this group.

Any other programs poised to compete on an annual basis?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

USC's inaugural season was 2013. over the past 6 seasons they have done very well.

Where USC finished the season:

2016 - 5
2017 - 8
2018 - 24
2019 - 17
2020 - 7
2021 - NR

significantly better than Hopkins and Duke during that time period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

USC's inaugural season was 2013. over the past 6 seasons they have done very well.

Where USC finished the season:

2016 - 5
2017 - 8
2018 - 24
2019 - 17
2020 - 7
2021 - NR

significantly better than Hopkins and Duke during that time period.

You're right, I stand corrected about Hopkins. I would still include Duke because they were top 10 2014-2016 and made a final four. Someone mentioned Michigan as an up and comer, and I would also add Denver as one to watch. In any case, all of these schools have a lot to offer and kudos to the players with the opportunity to play lacrosse at them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver has been very good, let’s see if they can keep it up. Arizona st should continue to improve. Colorado has shown some signs that they have potential. Virginia Tech is a great school with a lot to offer. Interested watch Clemson develop. Villanova will improve with the new coach. Someone mentioned Harvard, I would say Dartmouth was on their way up but new coach there as well.
At the end of the day coaches need to be able to identify and attract talented athletes in order to be competitive. The challenge coaches face is trying to pull recruits away from the traditional top programs, all of those programs are good/great schools with very strong lacrosse tradition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know how the preseason games are going this week? I can't find scores posted anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know how the preseason games are going this week? I can't find scores posted anywhere.

I do not believe schools will post scores of fall ball scrimmages. Also, performance in the fall is not indicative of how a team will do in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No because no one cares and they are meaningless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do on the mens side. They get full write ups in Inside Lacrosse. Nobody cares about women’s lacrosse is what your saying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do on the mens side. They get full write ups in Inside Lacrosse. Nobody cares about women’s lacrosse is what your saying?

Yeah, thanks captain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct...no one cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, thanks captain

No scores. Teams working on seeing who's playing well together and it which position. Lines, draws etc.... Ask the parents though...they'll tell you who won lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct...no one cares

Although fall performance is not indicative of how the team will perform in the spring…. Everyone cares how the players/ team performs. Players, coaches, parents all care. The actual score is not important but performance is certainly important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tufts Lacrosse Player

On behalf of the Nicpon Family, we love you, our dearest Madie. Madie Nicpon was a beautiful and brilliant daughter, granddaughter, sister, and friend. Her contagious smile and laughter lit up every room. Her generosity and kindness has left a lasting impact on those around her. Please consider donating to assist the family in covering funeral and medical expenses.

https://gofund.me/73a0d366

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tufts Lacrosse Player

On behalf of the Nicpon Family, we love you, our dearest Madie. Madie Nicpon was a beautiful and brilliant daughter, granddaughter, sister, and friend. Her contagious smile and laughter lit up every room. Her generosity and kindness has left a lasting impact on those around her. Please consider donating to assist the family in covering funeral and medical expenses.

https://gofund.me/73a0d366

This is so sad. May she Rest In Peace.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs appear to be committing the top 2023's? How do the numbers look, are coaches committing fewer players than normal? Will coaches hold some spots to see who enters the portal after the season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs appear to be committing the top 2023's? How do the numbers look, are coaches committing fewer players than normal? Will coaches hold some spots to see who enters the portal after the season?
Seems like UNC and Syracuse by looking at the list of commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Florida?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse? No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

How will Florida, Notre Dame, Duke, Michigan, Stanford, USC, Stony Brook, James Madison, Denver, Rutgers, Penn State, Hopkins, Penn Finish?

Can Drexel build on the success they had last year? How about Arizona St? Jacksoville?

Will there be any big surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take the bait and say either SB or Cuse will make the final four this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take the bait and say either SB or Cuse will make the final four this year.

Not this year. SBU will not finish Top 10. Syracuse has a chance but I don’t think that they will get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse will definitely be there, best offensive/defensive coaching duo in lacrosse and unbelievable talent top to bottom. Only thing I’m not sure on is the goalie situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I vote for Cuse with the hottest new coaching staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse will definitely be there, best offensive/defensive coaching duo in lacrosse and unbelievable talent top to bottom. Only thing I’m not sure on is the goalie situation.

Are you talking about the Syracuse Men?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse has several goalie transfers so they will be fine there but not sure about the offensive coaching , unproven at this point .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse has several goalie transfers so they will be fine there but not sure about the offensive coaching , unproven at this point .

Really? pretty sure Kayla ran the offense at BC, guess last year wasn’t enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

How will Florida, Notre Dame, Duke, Michigan, Stanford, USC, Stony Brook, James Madison, Denver, Rutgers, Penn State, Hopkins, Penn Finish?

Can Drexel build on the success they had last year? How about Arizona St? Jacksoville?

Florida, ND, Duke all have the same problem coaching. Michigan not enough talent. Out of the above listed teams I would go with JMU and Stony Brook to round out the top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

Florida, ND, Duke all have the same problem coaching. Michigan not enough talent. Out of the above listed teams I would go with JMU and Stony Brook to round out the top 10.

I too believed SB would drop off quite a bit from last season but happened to see them twice once with my one daughter against average competition and then went up to see my other daughter in Brown Play Day and was really really impressed fast and skilled they beat us handily as was expected but the game after I watched them go blow for blow with Boston College and while results do not matter they got upper hand on BC. I will also state the obvious but it was my first time watching Charlotte North in person and WOW is she something. Seemed like both teams were playing top players in that one. Left there also impressed with Umass think they will be a top 20 team,
Another team that I believe will be a top 10 besides SB will be Princeton they return so much talent.
Saw Loyola and really liked their talent level and to comment on the previous post I think Virginia is not very good My way too early prediction of a final 4 is
Syracuse
BC
UNC
Northwestern( Not sure about this one)

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 45 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard