BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 112 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes. TLC added some nice players to the roster this summer. They should be much improved this year.

Also remember this team was formed late Fall, didnt play NGLL and really got together in the summer. About half of last year's team is on their B team (white).

They also have probably one of the 5 or 6 best players (#18) at this age group in MD. If they could fill out their starting lineup, they could contend mid-table of A. They wont be close to Heros, M&D, Pride or NEMS. But they will compete will MDU, Integrity, and LBC.

You referring to a girl that was on Skywalkers last year?

No. She played for TLC last year and scored about half of their goals and took nearly every draw. Her mother was the former youth national coach and Georgetown coach. She's one of those players who you can already tell will play very high D-1.

A bit surprised she came back, but as long as they have her, they will be competitive.

😂 You can tell a ‘27 is gonna play high d1?! 😂

Petro couldn’t get hs freshmen recruiting right at Hopkins, but you can tell with 6th graders.

Classic BoTC!

Never seen this girl play live but I can name three at M and D and one at hero’s and two at YJ who will play D1 college without a doubt if they choose to.

You can tell some girls just have “it”

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to everyone as the scrimmages start this weekend and tournaments next weekend. No matter the banter we all have on here we all have one thing in common- we want our girls to enjoy lacrosse. Here’s to a healthy and enjoyable 21-22 season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to everyone as the scrimmages start this weekend and tournaments next weekend. No matter the banter we all have on here we all have one thing in common- we want our girls to enjoy lacrosse. Here’s to a healthy and enjoyable 21-22 season.

Well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited for the Fall Tournaments to start soon. Looking forward to see what impact TLC will make this year. Will Bethesda still be in the Top 3? Has NEMS made the roster changes to put them in the Top 3? Will Coppermine be able to complete with the Top 3 teams this year. Then curious to see MDU, Pride and SW.

BLC is not going to be in the Top-3, someone is going to overtake them, not sure if its NEMS, Coppermine, Pride, but someone will.

At this point, Pride is likely a step abover NEMS and Coppermine

Yes, AT THIS POINT, when we have no info on what teams have added or seen anyone play.

We can also say that AT THIS POINT any of those teams are better than M&D too.

😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Tournament Season starts this weekend. Looking forward to seeing how everyone does. Good luck to all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited for the Fall Tournaments to start soon. Looking forward to see what impact TLC will make this year. Will Bethesda still be in the Top 3? Has NEMS made the roster changes to put them in the Top 3? Will Coppermine be able to complete with the Top 3 teams this year. Then curious to see MDU, Pride and SW.

BLC is not going to be in the Top-3, someone is going to overtake them, not sure if its NEMS, Coppermine, Pride, but someone will.

Yes, AT THIS POINT, when we have no info on what teams have added or seen anyone play.

😂

Based on this AM, Eagle stix definitely is.

In all seriousness, was good to see high-level lax today. Hard to make much of today other than Eagle Stix clearly doesn't take the Fall off. (Parent mentioned they've been practicing 3x a week since early September) Looks much more polished than any of the MD teams and the results showed. (Despite, imo being less talented than any of the MD teams they played.)

Other thing i took from the day-- if Renegades stay in B level , they are going to roll the competition this year. Very solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂

In all seriousness, was good to see high-level lax today. Hard to make much of today other than Eagle Stix clearly doesn't take the Fall off. (Parent mentioned they've been practicing 3x a week since early September) Looks much more polished than any of the MD teams and the results showed. (Despite, imo being less talented than any of the MD teams they played.)

Other thing i took from the day-- if Renegades stay in B level , they are going to roll the competition this year. Very solid team.

Lol. Good for Renegades. If they are so "solid "...I'm sure Hero's and M&D would be happy to welcome them to actual decent lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂

Lol. Good for Renegades. If they are so "solid "...I'm sure Hero's and M&D would be happy to welcome them to actual decent lacrosse.

That's the problem, the massivegap between A and B. I'm sure renegades could probably beat FCA, SW and maybe Integrity. but after that there is a massive gap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the other Tournaments are better than the Prime Time Young Guns. The fields all of the top 27’s played on was way too small for these girls. It could not have been more than 60 yards goal to goal when it should be 90 yards. I understand trying to get as many fields as possible to maximize their profits but there were younger and much lesser talented teams playing over on the full size turf fields. Field size didn’t take away that M&D was still the best team out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the other Tournaments are better than the Prime Time Young Guns. The fields all of the top 27’s played on was way too small for these girls. It could not have been more than 60 yards goal to goal when it should be 90 yards. I understand trying to get as many fields as possible to maximize their profits but there were younger and much lesser talented teams playing over on the full size turf fields. Field size didn’t take away that M&D was still the best team out there.

Tourney App never updated the 2027s for Prime Time.

How did Coppermine and NEMS do? Anyone else do really good or bad unexpectly?

EagleStix had a statement weekend, gotta have them at #1 right now, with M&D then Hero's as top-3.

LBC and MD United also had good showings, maybe they are in the top-10 conversation?

YJ, BLC, Pride, NEMS, all there too.

FLG I never was impressed with their schedule in summer, not sure why they were ranked top-10. Heard their goalie left for YJ. be interesting to see how that plays out on the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D won out beating each team by at least 8 goals. YJ South lost to everyone. I heard NEMS and Coppermine tied with both having opportunities to win in the final minute. I know I saw NEMS really good players there but heard Coppermine was missing a new player that is a big players that may have made a difference. We’ll know more after Chesapeake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EagleStix had a statement weekend, gotta have them at #1 right now, with M&D then Hero's as top-3.

LBC and MD United also had good showings, maybe they are in the top-10 conversation?

FLG I never was impressed with their schedule in summer, not sure why they were ranked top-10. Heard their goalie left for YJ. be interesting to see how that plays out on the field.

I would say all of your information is accurate. EagleStix had a great weekend. Looked sharp. Aces.....who is really good..... had a rough weekend. They have a couple girls who are superior talents.

For Prime Time...M&D beat up everyone. But that was probably expected. If you were ranking nationally after one weekend (which is absurd...but hey, it's what we do)

1. EagleStix
2. M&D
3. Hero's
4. Aces (Just cant drop them lower. too good....although MD United beat them...maybe I am wrong about them being #4)
5. YJ Graz (just on reputation since they didn't play in Maryland this weekend)
6. MD United
7. Bethesda (again, on reputation...but always good)
8. LBC
9. Pride
10. Madskillz (Once again, reputation). But they were solid last year

Nems and Coppermine outside the top 10. FLG I believe was at Prime Time. But decided to play in a lower division I guess...Even though they were supposedly a top 10 team nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say all of your information is accurate. EagleStix had a great weekend. Looked sharp. Aces.....who is really good..... had a rough weekend. They have a couple girls who are superior talents.

For Prime Time...M&D beat up everyone. But that was probably expected. If you were ranking nationally after one weekend (which is absurd...but hey, it's what we do)

1. EagleStix
2. M&D
3. Hero's
4. Aces (Just cant drop them lower. too good....although MD United beat them...maybe I am wrong about them being #4)
6. MD United
8. LBC
9. Pride

Nems and Coppermine outside the top 10. FLG I believe was at Prime Time. But decided to play in a lower division I guess...Even though they were supposedly a top 10 team nationally.

Well, let's be honest, we have a year's worth of data on these teams, so its a good baseline, even though obviously teams change and add/lose talent.

I can't argue with this list, though I gotta have BLC over YJ and MDU until they prove they fell off since last year, obviously they did lose a key player on offense.

Coppermine/NEMS/Pride/MDU/LBC are all right there together.

I will also go out on a limb and say Hero's improved more than M&D in offseason. We will see how this plays out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the above information looks accurate. Definitely the Top 5 and Bethesda. The remaining 5 Maryland teams are all interchangeable if you look at the results between them. MDU, NEMS, Pride, LBC and Coppermine. All have beat each other at different times. Interested in how teams look once they are playing to win since I know some are using this time to test girls at different positions or lines plus feeling out new additions to their teams. Don’t know much about FLG and their tournament isn’t posting results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride beat FLG by a few. Agree NEMS, LBC, Pride, MD United and BLC are interchangeable. Not sure about Coppermine in that group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. EagleStix
2. M&D
3. Hero's
6. MD United
8. LBC
9. Pride

BLC scrimmaged MDU two weeks ago. Both teams played all the girls and both goalies on each team got equal time. I had BLC 10-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride beat FLG by a few. Agree NEMS, LBC, Pride, MD United and BLC are interchangeable. Not sure about Coppermine in that group.

Coppermine is in that mix from their results I saw in their rankings. Just tied NEMS Sunday I heard, beat MDU over the summer in Live Love Lax, beat LBC big last season, and lost to BLC in season by 1. For that fact and that all the results between those five teams are similar I would put them together behind M&D, BLC and Hero’s. They all beat up on FCA, Skywalkers, Integrity, HOCO and Hero’s White. The issue with Coppermine is they are always playing up in the best Division with M&D and Hero’s which makes up more than half their losses. I can agree to maybe put them at the bottom of the five but definitely with the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine is in that mix from their results I saw in their rankings. Just tied NEMS Sunday I heard, beat MDU over the summer in Live Love Lax, beat LBC big last season, and lost to BLC in season by 1. For that fact and that all the results between those five teams are similar I would put them together behind M&D, BLC and Hero’s. They all beat up on FCA, Skywalkers, Integrity, HOCO and Hero’s White. The issue with Coppermine is they are always playing up in the best Division with M&D and Hero’s which makes up more than half their losses. I can agree to maybe put them at the bottom of the five but definitely with the others.

Coppermine is fine. But yes, you are correct. They usually play up....not always. But usually. And they will continue to have a ".500" type record because they play the lower level A teams tight. But will struggle against the M&D and Hero's teams. But the same could be said for many of the local teams. Doesn't mean they aren't top 20 national teams. Just not "elite" at this point.

Let's keep in mind that since last summer, some things have changed. LBC is stronger. MDU looks stronger. BLC will continue to be good.

It's good for the game to have as many talented local 27' teams as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine is fine. But yes, you are correct. They usually play up....not always. But usually. And they will continue to have a ".500" type record because they play the lower level A teams tight. But will struggle against the M&D and Hero's teams. But the same could be said for many of the local teams. Doesn't mean they aren't top 20 national teams. Just not "elite" at this point.

Let's keep in mind that since last summer, some things have changed. LBC is stronger. MDU looks stronger. BLC will continue to be good.

It's good for the game to have as many talented local 27' teams as possible.

I follow the 26-30 age groups, and I gotta say the 2027 local teams just seem to be really talented.
NEMS, BLC, LBC, Pride you could make a claim that the top team is in the 2027 age group.

Hard to say its any different for Hero's and M&D. There just aren't many "easy outs" in local 2027s.

Yes, Eaglestix proved to be elite, but outside them and YJ, what non MD team is a real problem for MD teams? Madskills, had really one game vs M&D and they won, but didn't play any other locals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine in Live Love Lax looked different than the other Coppermine teams in the tourny. I can't explain why, the results were just way off.

LLL
Coppermine by 4 over MDU
Coppermine by 1 over YJ A
Coppermine by 5 over PT

Other tournaments
Coppermine by 2 ONLY over Stars A team
Coppermine Lost by 2 to LBC (Who they beat 12-3 in NGLL)
Coppermine by 1 ONLY to CT Grizzles
Coppermine lost by 11 to BLC (Who they lost by only 1 in NGLL)
Coppermine lost by 9 to YJ A (who they beat in LLL)
Coppermine lost by 12 to Pride

Hard team to figure out. Injuries? Conflicts to top girls? Not sure but they are really up and down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine in Live Love Lax looked different than the other Coppermine teams in the tourny. I can't explain why, the results were just way off.

LLL
Coppermine by 4 over MDU
Coppermine by 1 over YJ A
Coppermine by 5 over PT

Other tournaments
Coppermine by 2 ONLY over Stars A team
Coppermine Lost by 2 to LBC (Who they beat 12-3 in NGLL)
Coppermine by 1 ONLY to CT Grizzles
Coppermine lost by 11 to BLC (Who they lost by only 1 in NGLL)
Coppermine lost by 9 to YJ A (who they beat in LLL)
Coppermine lost by 12 to Pride

Hard team to figure out. Injuries? Conflicts to top girls? Not sure but they are really up and down.

I agree the scores don’t always make sense with them. They do have some really talented girls but the talent on the team seems to have a larger gap between the top and bottom kids. That’s not the case with some of the other teams with more consistent results. Maybe they cut some of the lesser developed girls because I heard they picked up several new girls? When we have beat them their issues start with possession at Midfield and Attack not being physical enough to get to goal. That poor defense is defending us 85% of the game it seems like. I did hear LBC, Pride and MDU all got better over the summer. Not sure about NEMS this year. Do agree our Maryland NGLL League is hands down the best in the country!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. TLC added some nice players to the roster this summer. They should be much improved this year.

Also remember this team was formed late Fall, didnt play NGLL and really got together in the summer. About half of last year's team is on their B team (white).

They also have probably one of the 5 or 6 best players (#18) at this age group in MD. If they could fill out their starting lineup, they could contend mid-table of A. They wont be close to Heros, M&D, Pride or NEMS. But they will compete will MDU, Integrity, and LBC.

It was clear this weekend, unless TLC was missing some major players, that they are not a A Division team.

3-11 loss to Integrity. Given that result, they aren't even a top end B division team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG Navy lost by 1 on a last second goal this weekend on Long Island to YJ A. FLG lost to Pride by 2. Game was tied with 3 minutes left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG Navy lost by 1 on a last second goal this weekend on Long Island to YJ A. FLG lost to Pride by 2. Game was tied with 3 minutes left.

When and where was the Pride FLG game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime

For some reason, tourney app never had updated scores.

Anyone know the score of the Pride vs M&D? I heard M&D won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Primetime

For some reason, tourney app never had updated scores.

Anyone know the score of the Pride vs M&D? I heard M&D won.

Pride and FLG played in a lower division with M&D Red. Upper division had Coppermine, Nems and M&D Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ played everyone. FLG didn’t sub

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think or has anyone heard of teams that were in the B Division last year moving up to the A Division this Spring? I hear a lot of buzz on here about TLC Red, overheard fathers talking about how good Skywalkers White is going to be this year, will FCA move to the B Division, will HOCO move up or anything else you heard about. Just curious after over hearing parents at the tournament this past weekend. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think or has anyone heard of teams that were in the B Division last year moving up to the A Division this Spring? I hear a lot of buzz on here about TLC Red, overheard fathers talking about how good Skywalkers White is going to be this year, will FCA move to the B Division, will HOCO move up or anything else you heard about. Just curious after over hearing parents at the tournament this past weekend. Thoughts?

Can't say for sure, but I heard there will be 16 teams in A division, so that would be 4 new additions.

CCLax, Stars Light Blue, TLC Red and HoCo Black would be my assumptions.

I think Skywalkers Blue and FCA Blue remain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't say for sure, but I heard there will be 16 teams in A division, so that would be 4 new additions.

I think it is important to keep things in context.

They may have 16 "A" Division teams for NGLL. But locally, really it is a tale of 2 halves. Hero's, M&D, Bethesda, Pride, Nems, Coppermine, LBC and Maryland United will make up the upper A Division. Maybe Hero's White.

Teams like CCLax, Integrity, Skywalkers Blue, FCA and a few others will play in a lower division.

You can't have CCLax and Skywalkers Blue or similar playing teams like Hero's or M&D. Those teams don't mess around in NGLL. And you are talking about 15-1 type games if any of those lower "A" teams play teams like Hero's or M&D.

That's not to say those other teams shouldn't participate in NGLL. They should all want to compete against the better teams. But nobody (including the parents) want to see anyone get drummed every week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That makes sense to me as well. I think we will be seeing the same 2 teams in the playoffs with the other 5 or 6 teams fighting for the other 2 spots. I could see Renegades possibly trying to play up. I can’t see Skywalkers White as they didn’t even play B last year and the Blue team gets crushed. They would be beat by 20 if played the big 3 teams and lose by double digits to all but FCA, SW Blue, and Hero’s White. Looking forward to the next two weekends. Good luck everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue is, if there is two divisions of 8 teams, with a 16 team A conference, you will be a very uneven schedule.

There will likely be a team that avoids playing M&D and Hero's while another team will ger them and also not play the bottom 2-3 teams.

If I were to take a stab at trying to even it up, I'd do it this way (you play all 7 teams in your division then one from other division).
You almost need to put logic in building the divisions to evenly disperse the talent and SOS.

Blue
M&D Black
Bethesda
Coppermine
LBC
Integrity
FCA Blue
HOCO Black
Stars Light Blue

Red
Hero's Green
NEMS
Pride Red
MDU
Hero's White
TLC Red
Skywalkers Blue
CCLax

Does Renegades, HLC or Next Level try to get there as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those look like a couple of nice well balanced brackets. Everyone gets some tough teams and some easier teams. Tops from each battle it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are a lot of other teams struggling to get a strong group of girls to commit to the Mid Atlantic this year due to soccer? We are and I heard of at least one other team is really short on players. Should be interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are a lot of other teams struggling to get a strong group of girls to commit to the Mid Atlantic this year due to soccer? We are and I heard of at least one other team is really short on players. Should be interesting

We are not at full strength this weekend or Live Love Lax.

Yeah, going to be interesting scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After this morning it is clear that M&D has the edge over Hero’s. The two are also better than the rest. Bethesda is still the #3. Pride is moving in the right direction while Coppermine is not. NEMS is still under review as they were short some of their top girls. Wish the two tops played tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. M&D is #1. BLC was up on Hero’s 4-1 at one point but Hero’s dominated the 2nd half and pulled away. Saw BLC’s best offensive player on crutches. Tough loss for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After this morning it is clear that M&D has the edge over Hero’s. The two are also better than the rest. Bethesda is still the #3. Pride is moving in the right direction while Coppermine is not. NEMS is still under review as they were short some of their top girls. Wish the two tops played tomorrow.

I wouldn't say an edge. Both are great teams. Probably trade wins back and forth when they play each other. And Bethesda is still really good.

But after those 3, there is a big drop off to number 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what did we learn from this weekend’s different Tournaments? Any teams performance impress you or have you scratching your head? Thoughts?

Page 14 of 112 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard