BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 97 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I’m misinformed but I’d be thrilled if my town had the program that Yorktown has

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re not misinformed. Everyone should be so lucky. Don’t take any anonymous comment serious. You would be shocked if you knew who some of these people were.
Vin D’Andria

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe I’m misinformed but I’d be thrilled if my town had the program that Yorktown has
What town do you live in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What town do you live in?
John Jay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re not misinformed. Everyone should be so lucky. Don’t take any anonymous comment serious. You would be shocked if you knew who some of these people were.
Vin D’Andria
Vin Dandria? Why do you guys care so much? A programs dominance in any sport won't last forever. Its time for others to shine.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the detest for Yorktown? They’ve done their best to promote the game in all of Westchester including letting out of town kids join the youth program. The YAC website is informational as to how to get better
There are ex Yorktown coaches all over the county.

No they won’t dominate as they did because club ball has changed the landscape. Actually it is surprising it took this long for other to catch up. They will win some years and others they won’t.

Yorktown should be applauded for what they achieve without the money that the lower county parents have.

You sound like angry sour grapes. I’d rather see the positive

No sour grapes, no detest, just reality and disappointment. The program has been stuck in the mud while others have continued to improve. Club ball has absolutely changed the landscape and Ytown has refused to change. The down county programs especially have embraced club ball and their players have improved immensely as a result. Players playing in the most competitive environment possible with great coaching has enabled 3 or 4 programs like Rye, Larchmont, etc. to leap frog Ytown. Many thanks to all the coaches who volunteer their time, some things are impossible to overcome.

Are you disappointed in the Yorktown youth program or the high school program? Because the HS coach is being replaced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is Shurr,Marr and Dooley are the final 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Town choose a coach yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supposedly Tim schurr left John Jay for Yorktown. Who will coach John Jay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great news for John Jay!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nick Savastano hopefully coming back to clean up the mess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't John Jay make the state final game in 2019? Who coached that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of these jay kids left for lacrosse, they have crazy unrealistic parents. If Timmy was such a great coach, they wouldn’t leave they would want to play for him. It’s just a fact from a parent who knows. Time for a major change.

I don't know if "crazy unrealistic parents" would be accurate. Already some of the boys have committed to Lafayette, Bucknell, Colgate and Tufts. Seems pretty good to me. I am sure Tim Schurr or who ever is the new coach would have loved to have these commits. And this is just the beginning. John Jay would have been killing it for a few years with these boys as well as those who haven't committed yet. The bottom line is John Jay has recently had a poorly run town and HS program (and yes they made the state finals in 2019 but that was a senior laden team and the writing was on the wall). It will take a few years to turn around. Hopefully whoever they bring in understands that the youth program feeds into the HS and needs to be involved and make it fun and that its not just about being on Primetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nick Savastano hopefully coming back to clean up the mess.

With 2 boys on the team I don't see this happening although he was a very good coach when he was there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Find a coach with no conflict of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to Eclipse 23s, very impressive showing at NAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to Eclipse 23s, very impressive showing at NAL

I think the DC Dogs won the NLF this past summer. The went 0-3 yesterday. Eclipse beat them. Who knows who was there and who was missing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing ALOT of kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They took the top players from Express North and one from Wolves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing ALOT of kids

DC Dogs that is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news on the John Jay coaching vacancy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Mike lungtree is the new coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Mike lungtree is the new coach!

Just did a google search on him - nothing came up. What is his back ground?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s the brother of Joe bagodonuts you smuck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s the brother of Joe bagodonuts you smuck!

I guess it was a joke? I still don't get it but OK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So maybe the haters are right that Jay will never get another good coach once Schurr leaves….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So maybe the haters are right that Jay will never get another good coach once Schurr leaves….
This didn't age well.... Solid Hire for John Jay. Going to be interested to see who the assistants are. I can't imagine the heads of 91 and PrimeTime coaching the same kids will go well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bocklet and Daniello have 2 different philosophies. Biggest issue for Bocklet is the lack of players in the school district. He has almost no players to work with. JJ does not have 1 D1 commit on their roster. cant imagine this program can win many games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bocklet and Daniello have 2 different philosophies. Biggest issue for Bocklet is the lack of players in the school district. He has almost no players to work with. JJ does not have 1 D1 commit on their roster. cant imagine this program can win many games

Sorry - who is the new head coach at John Jay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike Bocklet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He left purchase? Or is it Chris?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is partially true. While NOW there are not the boys in the school district its not bc the families are not here. As has been mentioned before approximately 10 boys (2022 and 2023 class) including many d1 and d3 commits have LEFT John Jay and much of it was attributed to coaching and lack of contact with the youth. About 10 boys left to go to private (Hotchkiss, Kent, Avon, Berkshire, Salisbury and a cpl of others) and other public schools (Ridgefield). With these 10 or so boys JJ would be winning or state finalists for a 4 year period. This happened bc these boys wanted to play the best HS lacrosse they could and under Schurr that was not possible. I think if Bocklett can connect with the youth and prevent them from quitting or leaving the team JJ can come back. It should be noted that with al of the talent that Schurr had he never won a a state title and he should have. He also should have beaten Yorkltown more. He is an average coach at best who for years was living off of the talent of the area without winning the big one. The year they got destroyed by GC in the playoffs I think they had something like 16 kids committed to d1-d3. No excuse not to win. Bocklett could be a great hire and exactly what john jay needs. Too bad he cant work with the 10 or so boys that left otherwise JJ would be state finalists this year and next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is partially true. While NOW there are not the boys in the school district its not bc the families are not here. As has been mentioned before approximately 10 boys (2022 and 2023 class) including many d1 and d3 commits have LEFT John Jay and much of it was attributed to coaching and lack of contact with the youth. About 10 boys left to go to private (Hotchkiss, Kent, Avon, Berkshire, Salisbury and a cpl of others) and other public schools (Ridgefield). With these 10 or so boys JJ would be winning or state finalists for a 4 year period. This happened bc these boys wanted to play the best HS lacrosse they could and under Schurr that was not possible. I think if Bocklett can connect with the youth and prevent them from quitting or leaving the team JJ can come back. It should be noted that with al of the talent that Schurr had he never won a a state title and he should have. He also should have beaten Yorkltown more. He is an average coach at best who for years was living off of the talent of the area without winning the big one. The year they got destroyed by GC in the playoffs I think they had something like 16 kids committed to d1-d3. No excuse not to win. Bocklett could be a great hire and exactly what john jay needs. Too bad he cant work with the 10 or so boys that left otherwise JJ would be state finalists this year and next.

All of your points have been well documented in this forum already. We get it, you're not happy with Tim and now it's on Bocklet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding JJCR lax with Mike Bocklet.
I'm guessing that Mike has left SUNY Purchase Lacrosse, which the timing isn't great (SUNY P's first game is March 5) and he is going to stay on as the Team 91 Tristate director. That is going to be awkward for Team 91 as they use the SUNY P facilities as their base location.

So can Directors of T91 and PT, who both are JJCR alumni work well with each other.

Coach N Daniello, has been a volunteer assistant coach at JJCR and so has Coach S. O'Rourke (who happens to be on the PT staff). You would think that ND has been providing supplemental compensation for O'Rourke through PT, because O'Rourke is NOT a JJ alumni and lives in CT.

The coaching staff and clubs will be interesting to watch going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of your points have been well documented in this forum already. We get it, you're not happy with Tim and now it's on Bocklet.

I am surprised so many kids would leave their public school system just to get a better high school lax experience. At this point, I guess nothing in lacrosse shocks me including the ends I seem to go to.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone here provide a recommendation for a sports psychologists in the Northern Westchester / Fairfield county?

I have a HS child that just texted me saying that isn't happy playing sports, not feeling like themselves and not doing school work. The kid is asking for help and I want find someone that has HS clients that play sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am surprised so many kids would leave their public school system just to get a better high school lax experience. At this point, I guess nothing in lacrosse shocks me including the ends I seem to go to.....

For many who have played their entire life and spent weekends at tourneys and weekdays on the field and in the weight room its more than just a means to an end. We all agree lacrosse is not going to EVER pay professionals like the other sports and as a result, most (if not all) should be using lacrosse as a springboard for a better college. However, we all know players that are going to syracuse, maryland, ohio state, denver over better educations at Lafayette, Bucknell, colgate, holy cross etc . . For most of these boys its temporarily about lacrosse. Most here would be hard pressed to say the big schools mentioned are better academically then the patriot league schools mentioned but many kids pick the better lacrosse bc that's what they want. (yes I am leaving ivy league, duke and Virginia out of the conversation). If you spend the majority of your waking hours thinking about a passion and playing at a high level it doesn't surprise me at all. Its the same for the arts and other sports as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word I heard is that Daniello won't be on staff at JJ. He's still working with the youth program though for what all that is worth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great hire by John Jay to get an alum who can connect with the players. It’s going to take a few years to undo the damage as mentioned in posts last night. Looking forward to watching Ytown unravel with their new coach! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For many who have played their entire life and spent weekends at tourneys and weekdays on the field and in the weight room its more than just a means to an end. We all agree lacrosse is not going to EVER pay professionals like the other sports and as a result, most (if not all) should be using lacrosse as a springboard for a better college. However, we all know players that are going to syracuse, maryland, ohio state, denver over better educations at Lafayette, Bucknell, colgate, holy cross etc . . For most of these boys its temporarily about lacrosse. Most here would be hard pressed to say the big schools mentioned are better academically then the patriot league schools mentioned but many kids pick the better lacrosse bc that's what they want. (yes I am leaving ivy league, duke and Virginia out of the conversation). If you spend the majority of your waking hours thinking about a passion and playing at a high level it doesn't surprise me at all. Its the same for the arts and other sports as well.

I guess I need to start making more money!! The cost of private schools on top of the cost of living in a solid school district is just too much for me to entertain.

Like Reply Quote
Page 78 of 97 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard