BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 249 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 248 249
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fun weekend of lacrosse. It’s difficult to know how much weight to put on fall ball since most teams are missing kids. But given that several teams have altered their rosters since the summer I think they have some weight as data points with current players. If nothing else, they provide fodder for speculation. Here’s my revised Bored MD Dad Rankings. Parenthesis is the prior ranking.

1. Annapolis Hawks (1). Quality wins over 3D New England and Long Island Express this weekend. Loss to Freedom is a little surprising, but I don’t think quite enough to drop them. Still, Madlax is gaining here.

2. Madlax (2). Quality win over Next Level and took care of business again. Strong argument that they have the best resume since the start of the summer. I’m keeping Hawks ahead for now given the two HOCO wins since I think those games are the best tests we have. But I think the Madlax dads have a good argument for the top spot and those HOCO wins will get stale eventually.

3. 3D New England (5). Team of the fall so far. So many quality wins already. Really impressive results against the strongest competition anyone has faced in fall ball. Definitely among the very best.

4. Team 91 Venom (4). This is a very strong team with a strong chance to grab the top spot at year’s end. They haven’t been out yet this fall, so we are flying a little blind, but I expect they will climb the rankings once they get started.

5. BBL (6). Very impressive showing this weekend in Delaware going 5-1. They have proven that they can play with the top teams.

6. 2Way (4). Went undefeated this weekend in Long Island so feels a little unfair to drop them two spots, especially since they took 2 of 3 from 3D New England this summer and split with BBL. Too bad we didn’t get a 2way and 91 Venom matchup this weekend to give us a better sense of where to put 2way.

7. Express North (9). Idle this weekend but move up two spots because of inconsistency among the rest of the teams in this range. We will see if they can earn it.

8. Long Island Express (10). They had a nice string of victories over LI teams on Columbus Day, solidifying them as the second best team on Long Island. Also had a nice win over Freedom this weekend, but sustained some losses against strong competition.

9. Next Level (8). Loss against Madlax this weekend. Keeping them ahead of Freedom based on the head to head this summer with them taking 2 of 3.

10. Freedom (11). They had the win of the weekend over the Hawks. But they also had four losses, albeit against very strong competition. 7-12 all seem very close in terms of overall resumes.

11. FCA (7). Probably not the start to the fall they were hoping for. By all accounts there are a lot of new pieces to this team and they might need more time to gel.

12. Mad Dog West (12). Idle this weekend as far as I know.

13. Thunder (14). Idle this weekend but get a shot against Madlax next weekend. I agree with those praising the athleticism of this team.

14. Crabs (15). Idle this weekend.

T-15. Legacy (14). Lost to Express on Columbus Day. Tough start to the fall so far.

T-15. Laxachusetts. Some nice wins up north this weekend, but no marquee wins. They seem to be trending in the right direction.

Watch list is same as before, but I’d add Iron Horse (TX) who had some nice results in Lone Star State and Kings (CO).

Also we should give a HOCO shout out to Bethesda who had some nice results this weekend. Good to see a team that stuck it out in Elite last year when others folding looking like they are improving.

West Coast Starz will be in your top 6-8 after their trips East later this fall. Definitely playing Adrenaline in DE Nob 6-7.

As for 1-2 Hawks/Madlax. Since the end of HoCo in May, Madlax is 26-1 with a blowout win over the Hawks (7-2 at NAL). Their only loss was in OT after a blown 3 goal lead against NL. Like them or not, they are your #1 team at the moment.

Madlax is 1-3 against the Hawks in 2021. Nuff said. Your 7-2 blowout is quickly trumped by Madlax’s performance in the HOCO championship where I think the Hawks led 8-1 or something at halftime.

Guys, the Hawks just lost BADLY to a mid level Freedom team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 Hawks not going to NAL is weak sauce. Not #1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax should play in 2027AA this coming weekend in Madlax National Tourney. I believe they are playing 2027-2028. Should be a cake walk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 Hawks not going to NAL is weak sauce. Not #1.

Anne Arundel County Football championships that day. Would love to play in that one even though Cab runs it. We can have a discussion on multi sport athletes after fall winds down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must have been hot this summer playing football when 28 Hawks missed summer NAL.

ML plays a lot of Hogan tournaments. Silly dig.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other local teams are going to NAL? NL, Crabs, FCA etc,.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun weekend of lacrosse. It’s difficult to know how much weight to put on fall ball since most teams are missing kids. But given that several teams have altered their rosters since the summer I think they have some weight as data points with current players. If nothing else, they provide fodder for speculation. Here’s my revised Bored MD Dad Rankings. Parenthesis is the prior ranking.

1. Annapolis Hawks (1). Quality wins over 3D New England and Long Island Express this weekend. Loss to Freedom is a little surprising, but I don’t think quite enough to drop them. Still, Madlax is gaining here.

2. Madlax (2). Quality win over Next Level and took care of business again. Strong argument that they have the best resume since the start of the summer. I’m keeping Hawks ahead for now given the two HOCO wins since I think those games are the best tests we have. But I think the Madlax dads have a good argument for the top spot and those HOCO wins will get stale eventually.

3. 3D New England (5). Team of the fall so far. So many quality wins already. Really impressive results against the strongest competition anyone has faced in fall ball. Definitely among the very best.

4. Team 91 Venom (4). This is a very strong team with a strong chance to grab the top spot at year’s end. They haven’t been out yet this fall, so we are flying a little blind, but I expect they will climb the rankings once they get started.

5. BBL (6). Very impressive showing this weekend in Delaware going 5-1. They have proven that they can play with the top teams.

6. 2Way (4). Went undefeated this weekend in Long Island so feels a little unfair to drop them two spots, especially since they took 2 of 3 from 3D New England this summer and split with BBL. Too bad we didn’t get a 2way and 91 Venom matchup this weekend to give us a better sense of where to put 2way.

7. Express North (9). Idle this weekend but move up two spots because of inconsistency among the rest of the teams in this range. We will see if they can earn it.

8. Long Island Express (10). They had a nice string of victories over LI teams on Columbus Day, solidifying them as the second best team on Long Island. Also had a nice win over Freedom this weekend, but sustained some losses against strong competition.

9. Next Level (8). Loss against Madlax this weekend. Keeping them ahead of Freedom based on the head to head this summer with them taking 2 of 3.

10. Freedom (11). They had the win of the weekend over the Hawks. But they also had four losses, albeit against very strong competition. 7-12 all seem very close in terms of overall resumes.

11. FCA (7). Probably not the start to the fall they were hoping for. By all accounts there are a lot of new pieces to this team and they might need more time to gel.

13. Thunder (14). Idle this weekend but get a shot against Madlax next weekend. I agree with those praising the athleticism of this team.

T-15. Legacy (14). Lost to Express on Columbus Day. Tough start to the fall so far.

T-15. Laxachusetts. Some nice wins up north this weekend, but no marquee wins. They seem to be trending in the right direction.

Watch list is same as before, but I’d add Iron Horse (TX) who had some nice results in Lone Star State and Kings (CO).

Also we should give a HOCO shout out to Bethesda who had some nice results this weekend. Good to see a team that stuck it out in Elite last year when others folding looking like they are improving.

West Coast Starz will be in your top 6-8 after their trips East later this fall. Definitely playing Adrenaline in DE Nob 6-7.

As for 1-2 Hawks/Madlax. Since the end of HoCo in May, Madlax is 26-1 with a blowout win over the Hawks (7-2 at NAL). Their only loss was in OT after a blown 3 goal lead against NL. Like them or not, they are your #1 team at the moment.

Madlax is 1-3 against the Hawks in 2021. Nuff said. Your 7-2 blowout is quickly trumped by Madlax’s performance in the HOCO championship where I think the Hawks led 8-1 or something at halftime.

It was 10-3 at half. MadLax has certainly played better since that half.
Hawks have lost 6 players from that team, 2 starters and 2 contributors and two players who didn’t play much. There are 5 new kids who don’t match what had left… yet. One of our other middies is playing attack now. It’s a work in progress but the new kids need time to gel. It’s fall, the team will be fine.

Why did the 2 starters leave? Where did they go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically....True Annapolis, ML, LI Express, Express North, Mesa, BBL, BLC Igloo, Sweetlax. I'm sure I am missing some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 10-3 at half. MadLax has certainly played better since that half.
Hawks have lost 6 players from that team, 2 starters and 2 contributors and two players who didn’t play much. There are 5 new kids who don’t match what had left… yet. One of our other middies is playing attack now. It’s a work in progress but the new kids need time to gel. It’s fall, the team will be fine.

Why did the 2 starters leave? Where did they go?

One is taking time away from lax, the other went to FCA. Both were middies. Don’t think there was some big issue but don’t really know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must have been hot this summer playing football when 28 Hawks missed summer NAL.

NAL was a joke last summer. So poorly run, the fields were awful, and the competition wasn’t great. This is a clear case of reputation not meeting reality.

I could ask why Madlax didn’t play in Delaware this past weekend, which was clearly the more competitive tournament, but it’s fall ball. It’s like winning a baseball spring training game…so what?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NAL was a joke last summer. So poorly run, the fields were awful, and the competition wasn’t great. This is a clear case of reputation not meeting reality.

I could ask why Madlax didn’t play in Delaware this past weekend, which was clearly the more competitive tournament, but it’s fall ball. It’s like winning a baseball spring training game…so what?

Accurate about NAL and the cow pastures they played on. There is a respectful rivalry between ML and Hawks and my guess is that they will square up 4-5 times between now and the end of summer between Hoco and tournaments. Fall ball is an indication of things to come but really only preseason play days in the scheme of competition for 6th graders. That being said is provides a lot of bulletin board material and discussion topics for all the bored dads out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL was a joke..um okay. The fields were superior to NLF....

I don't set the schedule but we are already going to DE two times this Fall. I guess that's probably why. You wouldn't have wanted ML there anyway because we would have walked away with that championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL was a joke..um okay. The fields were superior to NLF....

I don't set the schedule but we are already going to DE two times this Fall. I guess that's probably why. You wouldn't have wanted ML there anyway because we would have walked away with that championship.

darn!!!!! That's some solid trash talk!

There was no championship. It's fall ball. And you saying the NAL fields weren't a joke because they were better than NLF is exactly the kind of cracked-brained thinking we've come to expect. Field conditions at both were terrible.

Way to go playing the Predators and winning the championship this weekend! Sounds like a great tournament!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welp, most of the other Hawks age groups will be at NAL so they don't seem to care about the fields, excuse-making-sad-28-Hawks-dad. Someone is rattled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welp, most of the other Hawks age groups will be at NAL so they don't seem to care about the fields, excuse-making-sad-28-Hawks-dad. Someone is rattled.

Madlax couldn't play against better competition because they're already going to Delaware twice? Nothing like trying to call out a team for not playing in the tournaments you want them to play in while you beat up on A teams. Who knows how and why teams choose which tournaments to play in. And why do you care so much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax couldn't play against better competition because they're already going to Delaware twice? Nothing like trying to call out a team for not playing in the tournaments you want them to play in while you beat up on A teams. Who knows how and why teams choose which tournaments to play in. And why do you care so much?

They didn’t like the turf in Frederica, too many turf turds. 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do LI teams bother playing Maryland teams when those kids are clearly older? Then when LI teams get beat they complain those kids are older. So why go play them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the key point. All the other Hawks Green teams are playing NAL, just not 2028. Ducking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do LI teams bother playing Maryland teams when those kids are clearly older? Then when LI teams get beat they complain those kids are older. So why go play them?
This right here is everything that is wrong with Maryland youth lacrosse. The only sport where cheating is widely accepted and expected. Clearly all the other teams who play kids of age and don't hold back grades in school are inferior. Hard to believe but there are still teams out there with integrity, and zero holdbacks ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the key point. All the other Hawks Green teams are playing NAL, just not 2028. Ducking.

Dear Cab, your logic and anger is definitely consistent over the years. As featured in the Chronicle of Higher Education...

"Mr. Maddux is a Big Man on Campus. But the senior is known almost as much for his cocksure attitude and his self-described “notIntelligent” behavior off the field as for his flashy exploits on it.

He had never faced formal disciplinary action, however, until last fall. Late one night in October, he and several fraternity brothers were returning from a party when they got into a fight with another group of students. Two of Mr. Maddux’s friends did most of the fighting, but as the scuffle ebbed, he intervened and further bullied one of the students, who filed charges against Mr. Maddux and two friends."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are holdbacks in LI, NJ,PA etc. It’s more prominent in HS up there than it is here at youth ages I’ve been told.

There is also a board for this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who close in talent is the 2027 DMV team to 2028 [ChillLaxin]?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This right here is everything that is wrong with Maryland youth lacrosse. The only sport where cheating is widely accepted and expected. Clearly all the other teams who play kids of age and don't hold back grades in school are inferior. Hard to believe but there are still teams out there with integrity, and zero holdbacks ever.

I dislike holdbacks as much as the next guy (my son lost his starting spot to one), but it's not cheating since it's a grade based system. Also, the notion that there are no holdbacks in LI is just false. It may not be as prevalent, but they definitely exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2028 Capital would beat 2027 DMV by double digits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2028 Capital would beat 2027 DMV by double digits

Well obviously, because anyone who could have kept it competitive would have been reclassed to 2028 ages ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only Hawks 2027 and 2029 are playing NAL in Nov. per the Hawks tournament page on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Older Hawks play on Sunday at NAL but that doesn’t conflict with football playoffs like the Sat games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Cab, your logic and anger is definitely consistent over the years. As featured in the Chronicle of Higher Education...

"Mr. Maddux is a Big Man on Campus. But the senior is known almost as much for his cocksure attitude and his self-described “notIntelligent” behavior off the field as for his flashy exploits on it.

He had never faced formal disciplinary action, however, until last fall. Late one night in October, he and several fraternity brothers were returning from a party when they got into a fight with another group of students. Two of Mr. Maddux’s friends did most of the fighting, but as the scuffle ebbed, he intervened and further bullied one of the students, who filed charges against Mr. Maddux and two friends."

He played D3 lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He played D3 lax.

He’s got a D1 ego

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He played D3 lax.

He’s got a D1 ego

And it was D3 when there was only like 15-20 D3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we talking about Madlax's owner now or the fact 28 Hawks went from good to average quickly and now are dodging top teams including the dreaded "holdbacks" from Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ppl are jacking the Hawks parents because after HOCO they couldn't have been more obnoxious. From what I have seen since summer you will be lucky to make 3rd place in spring.

I remember one particular Hawks-donkey-dad posting in this forum that the days of the Hawks losing "are over!"

Hahahahaha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of big talk here from the Madlax parents. I hope their children are able to pull through for them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we talking about Madlax's owner now or the fact 28 Hawks went from good to average quickly and now are dodging top teams including the dreaded "holdbacks" from Long Island.

We’re talking about you, Cab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ppl are jacking the Hawks parents because after HOCO they couldn't have been more obnoxious. From what I have seen since summer you will be lucky to make 3rd place in spring.

I remember one particular Hawks-donkey-dad posting in this forum that the days of the Hawks losing "are over!"

Hahahahaha.

Not a Hawks parent, but what did you see? A fall play day?
Same coaches, players, they will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahaha.

Who would be 1 and 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahaha.

Well, apparently not the same players, someone said they lost a couple since summer. And over their last 3-4 games dating back to July they got smoked by Madlax and lost 9-5 to a mid level Freedom team. So, maybe not all is well in Hogan Land. And they’re skipping NAL, where their other green teams are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahaha.

Well, apparently not the same players, someone said they lost a couple since summer. And over their last 3-4 games dating back to July they got smoked by Madlax and lost 9-5 to a mid level Freedom team. So, maybe not all is well in Hogan Land. And they’re skipping NAL, where their other green teams are playing.

It’s wild to think a team has to be undefeated to not be crisis. Most of the teams in Delaware were great. Madlax is a great team. Is it binary? You’re either undefeated and amazing or lose a couple game and are trash?

Nobody is buying what you’re selling, Cab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the Madlax bragging here (and it's all from 2 dads), their record is 2-3 against both Next Level and Hawks over their last 5 matchups with each team. They're a very good team. Just nowhere close to dominant, and that .400 winning percentage over 10 games and 18 months is factual proof. The Hawks are still the top team of 2028. They post their tournament schedule online months in advance. Anyone who wants to play them can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahaha.

It’s wild to think a team has to be undefeated to not be crisis. Most of the teams in Delaware were great. Madlax is a great team. Is it binary? You’re either undefeated and amazing or lose a couple game and are trash?

Nobody is buying what you’re selling, Cab.

Screenshot all this Madlax garbage so they can eat D’s later this season.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 249 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 248 249
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard