Islip HS (NY) 2023 Faceoff, Midfield Mike Zecchini Commits to Adelphi University

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Islip High School (NY) 2023 Faceoff, Midfield Mike Zecchini of LI Legacy Lacrosse Mens has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Adelphi University.

High school: Islip High School (Islip New York, NY)
Grad year: 2023
Positions: Faceoff, Midfield
College committed to: Adelphi University
Club team: LI Legacy Lacrosse Mens
Lacrosse honors: Made the Suffolk team for NYSRL in 2019 and 2021. They didn’t have it in 2020 due to covid. LILJ watch list 2020,2021
Academic honors: Honor Roll since 8th grade I help coach special needs kids with Challanger lacrosse in bay shore. I also mentor special needs with ISF in Bohemia
Expected major: Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
Why did you choose Adelphi University, Men's D2? "I chose Adelphi for a few reasons; 1-It has my major (physical education) 2- Always liked and followed the Panthers 3- love coach Purdie he made me feel like family after meeting talking for an hour I knew I wanted to play for him. The players were very welcoming, they would step out of line drills during practice and come introduce themselves while I was talking to coach Purdie. 4- I can live on campus but I’m only 40 minutes from home so my parents can come to see me play."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thanks to Coach John Austin Coach Kieth Shidel Coach Tom Zummo Coach Kevin Quinn Coach Doug Lange Coach Tim Rau Coach Mike Taylor Faceoff coaches; Matt Schomberg Nick Barry (navy) Jake Naso (duke) Jordan Naso (holy cross commit) Dylan Pepe (sienna)."
What other colleges did you consider? "Wagner Limestone Southern Florida Kean"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Mike Zecchini on his commitment to Adelphi University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.
View College Profile Below: