BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watching YJ A play my daughter's team yesterday, the biggest thing I noticed was not stick-skills, IQ or coaching (I'm not saying they didn't have talent, they did).

It was physical maturity. In 7th grade, some girls are girls and some are young women. YJ had a lot of young women and the difference was very obvious.

Agreed. What usually sets youth YJ teams apart is physical maturity, speed and shooting abiilty. Lots of team have really good stickwork, but no youth teams shoot like YJ.

I dont think the 27s have the speed of past YJ youth teams, but there size (especially in midfield) and shooting ability is second to none. Not as much speed on this team. Not to say they are slow, but the last two YJ A teams could just fly past opponents when they were in 7th grade.

YJ teams have the physically mature teams and No youth teams shoot like YJ. They are second to none. Is this your first go-round in wlax?? Cmon man!!! Are you serious ?? This will be a fun thread to watch in the future.

ok YJ Dad! thanks for letting us all know they are "second to none" multiple times....outside YJA I'm not really sure what the heck you are talking about

Hmmmm, reading comprehension problem? Obviously not a YJ dad. Maybe have a fourth grader read it for you. Geeez

clearly was referring to the two "second to none" follow up posts...not sure who has the reading comprehension problem but thanks for your two cents....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching YJ A play my daughter's team yesterday, the biggest thing I noticed was not stick-skills, IQ or coaching (I'm not saying they didn't have talent, they did).

It was physical maturity. In 7th grade, some girls are girls and some are young women. YJ had a lot of young women and the difference was very obvious.

Agreed. What usually sets youth YJ teams apart is physical maturity, speed and shooting abiilty. Lots of team have really good stickwork, but no youth teams shoot like YJ.

I dont think the 27s have the speed of past YJ youth teams, but there size (especially in midfield) and shooting ability is second to none. Not as much speed on this team. Not to say they are slow, but the last two YJ A teams could just fly past opponents when they were in 7th grade.

YJ teams have the physically mature teams and No youth teams shoot like YJ. They are second to none. Is this your first go-round in wlax?? Cmon man!!! Are you serious ?? This will be a fun thread to watch in the future.

ok YJ Dad! thanks for letting us all know they are "second to none" multiple times....outside YJA I'm not really sure what the heck you are talking about

Hmmmm, reading comprehension problem? Obviously not a YJ dad. Maybe have a fourth grader read it for you. Geeez

clearly was referring to the two "second to none" follow up posts...not sure who has the reading comprehension problem but thanks for your two cents....

So let me get this straight. Some folks have their panties in a bunch over a post saying YJ have the best shooters at this age level in long island.

Some folks just looking for a fight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has a 3rd team. They bought another club. Blur Devils I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't that 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't that 91?

FLG merged with Blue Devil. 91 merged with Bandit

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bought the Brookhaven bandits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is North Shore Elite? They beat all 3 teams they played at Fall Fray today including Liberty Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is North Shore Elite? They beat all 3 teams they played at Fall Fray today including Liberty Black.

Liberty black is terrible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg has small roster 16-18 players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Shore Elite is a pickup team consisting of a large group of yj kids, I believe.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone got cut/demoted from Liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pick up team basically - lots of YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true and they seem to make sure they ply in tournaments they can win. Rumor I they pulled out of Queen of the Island. Don’t want to get showed up by YJ and FLG.

But you didn’t answer my question. Do you know who North Shore Elite is? have never heard of them. Was curious if anyone knew anything about them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone got cut/demoted from Liberty.

Can’t imagine they cut anyone. They are too busy plugging up the holes left by all the players leaving. Next year will be even worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true and they seem to make sure they ply in tournaments they can win. Rumor I they pulled out of Queen of the Island. Don’t want to get showed up by YJ and FLG.

But you didn’t answer my question. Do you know who North Shore Elite is? have never heard of them. Was curious if anyone knew anything about them.

Answered a bunch of times already….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showed up by flg? Fall Fray they beat them 11-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Answered a bunch of times already….

Easy there. They all posted at the same time mine did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty not listed for Queen. Shocker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall fray FLG team was the B squad....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that CT Grizzlies' B team at Fall Fray? Hard to believe their A team would lose to legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pick up team basically - lots of YJ

A bit more complicated -- its an all-star team across 4 or 5 rec leagues/teams. That said, i believe 12 or 13 players were YJ, mostly on the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy Liberty dad. Face facts. The team isn’t what it was. Going to be a long year with lots of excuses and pumping yourselves up when you beat B teams. Queens of the B team bracket. Nothing wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty not listed for Queen. Shocker.

Liberty dropped out and YJ Gaghan dropped to the B bracket. S2S has no shot to be competitive in that A bracket but at least they are willing to put themselves out there. Surprised YJ is willing to play their teams against one another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummmmm pretty sure they meant FLG Navy….not White

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that CT Grizzlies' B team at Fall Fray? Hard to believe their A team would lose to legacy?

Legacy is a brand new team with an amazing new coach, playing in their first 12v12 tournament. There is a lot of room for improvement but they got better with every game. They practice 2-3 times per week, have actual winter training and box lacrosse. With a few additions, by next year, they'll be one of the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy is a brand new team with an amazing new coach, playing in their first 12v12 tournament. There is a lot of room for improvement but they got better with every game. They practice 2-3 times per week, have actual winter training and box lacrosse. With a few additions, by next year, they'll be one of the top teams.

Not sure they will be a top team by fall, but they will be much improved. Liberty's record on player development on the island is as good as any. Biggest problem for the club, though, is preventing its top players from going to YJ or TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure they will be a top team by fall, but they will be much improved. Liberty's record on player development on the island is as good as any. Biggest problem for the club, though, is preventing its top players from going to YJ or TG

same problem for every club as they get older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much training does your daughter do outside of club practices and her own workouts? Privates? Groups? Clinics? Pick up leagues? Many of the clinics out there seem like money grabs and half the time is spent waiting around. Trying to figure out the ideal mix at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much training does your daughter do outside of club practices and her own workouts? Privates? Groups? Clinics? Pick up leagues? Many of the clinics out there seem like money grabs and half the time is spent waiting around. Trying to figure out the ideal mix at this age.

my take from a father who has had two daughters go on to next level (1 top 25 D1, another top NESCAC) and a highly rated 24.

Lots will depend on your club team and how much they practice Obv some teams practice much more than others. Beyond that, most important is to get wall ball nearly every day engrained (at least 4 days per week; 30-40 minutes per session).

Beyond that I would focus on stick work and agility training, depending on your daughters needs. (skip agility if she plays multiple sports). Ideally stick work should be position-based but this gets more important later. If she take the draw, some dedicated draw work is important too. Biggest goal at this level should be 1) ability to shoot and pass on multiple levels (high,middle,low) 2) no difference between right and left hands and 3) footwork on (a variety of) dodges

Personally think most clinics and pickup leagues are wastes of time developmentally, but your daughter enjoys them don't stop her.

From what i've seen, its the agility part, where i've seen lots of LI girls get behind. Though there are plenty of exceptions, i think defensive footwork at the top LI clubs is a well behind that at the top MD clubs.

Hope this helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my take from a father who has had two daughters go on to next level (1 top 25 D1, another top NESCAC) and a highly rated 24.

Lots will depend on your club team and how much they practice Obv some teams practice much more than others. Beyond that, most important is to get wall ball nearly every day engrained (at least 4 days per week; 30-40 minutes per session).

Beyond that I would focus on stick work and agility training, depending on your daughters needs. (skip agility if she plays multiple sports). Ideally stick work should be position-based but this gets more important later. If she take the draw, some dedicated draw work is important too. Biggest goal at this level should be 1) ability to shoot and pass on multiple levels (high,middle,low) 2) no difference between right and left hands and 3) footwork on (a variety of) dodges

Personally think most clinics and pickup leagues are wastes of time developmentally, but your daughter enjoys them don't stop her.

From what i've seen, its the agility part, where i've seen lots of LI girls get behind. Though there are plenty of exceptions, i think defensive footwork at the top LI clubs is a well behind that at the top MD clubs.

Hope this helps.

Super helpful info, thank you. Advice makes so much sense. Wall ball does make all the difference. Trick is making it a habit nearly every day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope this helps.

Super helpful info, thank you. Advice makes so much sense. Wall ball does make all the difference. Trick is making it a habit nearly every day.

Glad you found it helpful. One more point about wall ball. have your daughter focus on quality not quanity.

Too much wall ball is about getting max reps in a minute, 5 minutes, etc. The result is lots of flat footed reps with no football.

Focus on getting good footwork on every rep. 100 high quality reps are better than 1000 flat footed ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Empire Green or White the top team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Empire Green or White the top team?

Green

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And we know who it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And we know who it is

?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No surprise here…YJ A and B go undefeated at Queen. And B shutout flg navy? I guess this is what happens when your best players leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG Navy v. YJ B cancelled. Dope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A 6 - FLG Navy 5. I guess that’s what happens when your best players have no loyalty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A 6 - FLG Navy 5. I guess that’s what happens when your best players have no loyalty.
Is it the players or parents that have no loyalty?

Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard