Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do schools pay all expenses for both parents to accompany their daughter on an official visit?

No, they dont.
For certain schools you can talk your way into going along all expenses paid. It happened with my in laws. Player was a goalie.

They did for my daughter.

Every situation is different. Recruits are not considered equal by coaches, programs have different budgets, not every player that a coach talks to is invited on an official visit.

My daughter took 4 official visits, the West coast teams paid her airfare, we paid for ours. They paid all other expenses for all of us. Room and food. The two east coast teams paid for everything including our gas and tolls. Obviously no airfare on the two east coast teams she visited.

That's awesome! Did your daughter receive formal offers on the visits, including scholarship amounts? Did they give her a time frame or try to sway you away from visiting other schools? Thanks for any information you can share.
Do schools pay all expenses for both parents to accompany their daughter on an official visit?

No, they dont.
For certain schools you can talk your way into going along all expenses paid. It happened with my in laws. Player was a goalie.

Every situation is different. Recruits are not considered equal by coaches, programs have different budgets, not every player that a coach talks to is invited on an official visit.

My daughter took 4 official visits, the West coast teams paid her airfare, we paid for ours. They paid all other expenses for all of us. Room and food. The two east coast teams paid for everything including our gas and tolls. Obviously no airfare on the two east coast teams she visited.

That's awesome! Did your daughter receive formal offers on the visits, including scholarship amounts? Did they give her a time frame or try to sway you away from visiting other schools? Thanks for any information you can share.

Yes she did receive offers while at each school. She also had a coach reach out while we were at another school, she increased her offer and asked us to call her at the end of our current visit. You usually get a private meeting with the Head coach on your visit. That’s when they usually offer. One of our trips there were 12 recruits there and only 4 players had the private meeting. Turns out only those 4 received offers. Every school is different though. Our 4 official visits all pretty much went the same way for us. Nobody gave her a time limit. She had around 15 calls on Sept 1. About 10 followed up that were serious. My daughter only wanted to visit four schools. But we made her contact all that contacted her to say Thank you and let them know she was not going to be visiting. My daughter ended up exactly where she always wanted to go. It was a great experience for us. It was all pre Covid also. She was a 2021

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax
B_O_T_C #347541 08/26/21 07:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So gross how Inside Lacrosse only writes stories promoting the Sept 1 recruiting date for boys. Time for girls to get equal treatment and not be the story hidden far down!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347546 08/26/21 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they dont.

Our daughter received offers on her 4 trips. We received an itinerary when we got on campus from the coaching staff. We had appointments to meet with the Head coach. In those meetings we received her offers. No one gave us a deadline. But from what I’ve heard that’s not the case with all schools. Also not all athletes on the visits receive offers on their trip. We were at one school with 12 athletes and only 4 received offers from what we know. On one of our visits our daughter received a call from a school that we already visited and increased her offer substantially. Told our daughter to please do not commit till she speaks to her again after the visit we were on. These coaches talk. How she knew we were at another school surprised us. After her 4th official visit she took about 4 days to make her decision. She knew all along where she wanted to go, but we made her take a few days anyway. We made her call the other schools to thank them and let them know she would be committing elsewhere just to be courteous.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350759 09/24/21 04:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did these plaques ever go out
Now that the Seniors started college, will Section XI get the plaques out for All County? Or is Tom Combs still on his power trip of being in control and allowing fall sports full steam ahead??? DON’T forget what those in charge did to our athletes!!!
Now that the Seniors started college, will Section XI get the plaques out for All County? Or is Tom Combs still on his power trip of being in control and allowing fall sports full steam ahead??? DON’T forget what those in charge did to our athletes!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350786 09/25/21 06:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should have went to the school. My daughter never received hers, All County and AA. I will follow up with the athletic director.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350839 09/26/21 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We didn’t receive anything yet either.I can’t see how they would not have gone out yet considering how long ago it was.The soccer plaques were handed out right after season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352096 10/07/21 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they dont.

NCAA rules do not allow schools to pay for parents airfare. This is not a West coast thing. They will pay for everything else on an official visit.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #353216 10/17/21 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s with this Team USA Brodgen cup? All of the games were blowouts, and the squads didn’t even have the top girls there. How did they pick these teams, and why would anyone waste their time and money to play non competitive lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353231 10/17/21 09:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s with this Team USA Brodgen cup? All of the games were blowouts, and the squads didn’t even have the top girls there. How did they pick these teams, and why would anyone waste their time and money to play non competitive lacrosse?

If you made the team it was free. They had tryouts all summer. And what a dense comment. If anyone can get an opportunity to wear a USA uniform most would. It was an awesome weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353298 10/18/21 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the coolest lacrosse experience my daughter has ever participated in....Running onto the field with USA on your uniform, meeting teammates from across the country that are now called friends. Lacrosse was just a small part, the relationships that were developed will hopefully last a lifetime. Incredible weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #353308 10/18/21 10:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the coolest lacrosse experience my daughter has ever participated in....Running onto the field with USA on your uniform, meeting teammates from across the country that are now called friends. Lacrosse was just a small part, the relationships that were developed will hopefully last a lifetime. Incredible weekend.

Yes. I unfortunately can't do a lot of these things due to financial limitations, and there are certainly a lot of money grab events to bash but to bash kids getting the opportunity to wear the USA uniform is just sad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353337 10/18/21 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We took 4 official visits, 3 of which required flights. The college picked up all travel costs for my daughter, including flights; our (parents) flights we had to pay for ourselves; college paid for hotel. Most meals were covered (we did go out on our own one night at our own cost, our choice to check out a particular restaurant). Based on the other experiences of parents of other girls on our club it has been pretty similar...the variable seems to be cost of meals....some are covered some are not...seems to be case by case....also, as above wrtier indicated, offers were made during the face to face meeting....on two occasions head coach met with each of the girls and their families privately (about 7 or 8 girls)....on the other two the coach met with about 4 of the 10 girls on the visit (although not sure if all 10 were on an official visit). Another thing to keep in mind (again, as previously posted but to confirm) it is not unusual for coaches to contact players when they are on an official visit with another school.....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353456 10/19/21 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We took 4 official visits, 3 of which required flights. The college picked up all travel costs for my daughter, including flights; our (parents) flights we had to pay for ourselves; college paid for hotel. Most meals were covered (we did go out on our own one night at our own cost, our choice to check out a particular restaurant). Based on the other experiences of parents of other girls on our club it has been pretty similar...the variable seems to be cost of meals....some are covered some are not...seems to be case by case....also, as above wrtier indicated, offers were made during the face to face meeting....on two occasions head coach met with each of the girls and their families privately (about 7 or 8 girls)....on the other two the coach met with about 4 of the 10 girls on the visit (although not sure if all 10 were on an official visit). Another thing to keep in mind (again, as previously posted but to confirm) it is not unusual for coaches to contact players when they are on an official visit with another school.....

If you are on a visit with other players/families - the girls they are most serious about may be the only ones to get a meeting with the Head Coach. We were on a visit with 7 total players and only 2 met with head coach (including my daughter), everyone else with assistants. Only those who met with head got offers which all happened right after the visit by phone. Not sure of their psychology there. But, probably want to meet to discuss how the meetings went? The coaches had a long list of questions they asked.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353463 10/19/21 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should have went to the school. My daughter never received hers, All County and AA. I will follow up with the athletic director.
Our daughter, Sect 8, got a wood beautiful plaque for soccer. We just received our award for lacrosse, a printed certificate. Really? I guess they're both made of wood, lol.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353468 10/19/21 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are on a visit with other players/families - the girls they are most serious about may be the only ones to get a meeting with the Head Coach. We were on a visit with 7 total players and only 2 met with head coach (including my daughter), everyone else with assistants. Only those who met with head got offers which all happened right after the visit by phone. Not sure of their psychology there. But, probably want to meet to discuss how the meetings went? The coaches had a long list of questions they asked.

what kind of questions do they ask? did your daughter have a list of questions that she asked? curious how this all works (I have a 2024)

Like Reply Quote
Page 489 of 492 1 2 487 488 489 490 491 492
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard