BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 251 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3D NE '28 has never played the hawks

The Hawks are all caw, no claw. 3dNE is gonna show the Hawks what blue collar, real lax looks like.
Yeah I’m not sure 6th graders from the mean streets of Waltham or Annapolis know much about blue collar. Gotta love lacrosse dad thinking. Hopefully the styles are a bit different so the boys learn and have some fun

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks are all caw, no claw. 3dNE is gonna show the Hawks what blue collar, real lax looks like.
Yeah I’m not sure 6th graders from the mean streets of Waltham or Annapolis know much about blue collar. Gotta love lacrosse dad thinking. Hopefully the styles are a bit different so the boys learn and have some fun

You can hear the movie intro, "Lacrosse......a game of the streets...."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly crabs if they have the numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meant to say crabs might play the battle of the bay tournament if they have the numbers. Last minute tournament that was just added.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can hear the movie intro, "Lacrosse......a game of the streets...."

What if I told there was a game born on the plains that moved to the tough fields of the MIAA…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and Madlax will both go undefeated this weekend and the score differentials will be big. 3d NE is going to get smoked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody doing the elite six challenge?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Info on it is on their site. Just search for elitesixchallenge.
Looks like a cool format.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Links to Events not allowed, Contact Us to Help You Advertise Events
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody doing the elite six challenge?

There’s a Hawks team, a sidewinders squad, a Madlax squad, and several others registered I am told. Should be a cool event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What madlax year? Hasn't been brought up in a single practice or email.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What madlax year? Hasn't been brought up in a single practice or email.

Or is it DMV?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def not capital. Not in the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I’ll hand it to The Predators— not shying away from the big boys. Gonna get a a crack at Madlax next two Sundays (Blandair and Poolesville), as well as a game against an overlooked Thunder LB3 team from Atlanta— who had a solid showing at NAL in July. MD dad needs to acknowledge that team from GA, they are athletic and solid. They were a new team this summer at 2028, but clearly will make some noise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I’ll hand it to The Predators— not shying away from the big boys. Gonna get a a crack at Madlax next two Sundays (Blandair and Poolesville), as well as a game against an overlooked Thunder LB3 team from Atlanta— who had a solid showing at NAL in July. MD dad needs to acknowledge that team from GA, they are athletic and solid. They were a new team this summer at 2028, but clearly will make some noise.

Predators are playing better competition than True Annapolis, Crabs, Kelly Post and blue claws.

Maybe they should be the best considered for elite after all?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to MD dad updated rankings after tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are playing better competition than True Annapolis, Crabs, Kelly Post and blue claws.

Maybe they should be the best considered for elite after all?

Not when they lose 17-1. They are going to get demolished. I predict kids will quit before they ever get a ranking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction - Preds lose to ML, lose in a squeaker to NL and beat Mesa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LB3 has some very talented teams. Just look at the recruits coming out of that program now. UVA, UMD, etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll update the rankings after the games tomorrow since some of the more interesting games are to come this weekend. So far looking like 3D New England might be in the top 4 with solid wins over BBL and Freedom to go with their wins over Mad Dog and Next Level a couple of weeks ago. They get a crack at the Hawks tomorrow to see if they can break into the Hawks, Madlax, 91 Venom tier. The FCA and 3D New England game should also be very interesting.

-Bored MD Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a little update from the north east

Express LI beat Rebels 11-3 Monday
2Way won a B tournament yesterday beating rebels 7-5 2x
Legacy’s has had a rough start to Fall
Express North plays on 10/30 and then at NAL 11/13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little update from Blandair... kudos to Predators for organizing and throwing a team out there at every age division in a short period of time. But they are not Elite. They are not AAA. They are not AA. Prob 4th division at HoCo in the spring. Didn’t get the ball over midfield until it was 9-0 and the Madlax poles were taking FO’s. 17-1 final, someone nailed the prediction on the nose.

That said, some good athletes in the offensive zone, maybe they’ll pick off a few kids from Hawks/FCA/Crabs this winter....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little update from Blandair... kudos to Predators for organizing and throwing a team out there at every age division in a short period of time. But they are not Elite. They are not AAA. They are not AA. Prob 4th division at HoCo in the spring. Didn’t get the ball over midfield until it was 9-0 and the Madlax poles were taking FO’s. 17-1 final, someone nailed the prediction on the nose.

At least now we can stop hearing about how great they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll update the rankings after the games tomorrow since some of the more interesting games are to come this weekend. So far looking like 3D New England might be in the top 4 with solid wins over BBL and Freedom to go with their wins over Mad Dog and Next Level a couple of weeks ago. They get a crack at the Hawks tomorrow to see if they can break into the Hawks, Madlax, 91 Venom tier. The FCA and 3D New England game should also be very interesting.

-Bored MD Dad

Bored Md Dad has some updating to do. Freedom smoked the Hawks!?? That makes them 1-2 in their last 3 games wink

Despite a narrow loss to Hawks, NE 3d appears to be legit.

Madlax was dominant at Blandair with an easy win over NL and blowouts over Preds and VLC

And I think we can put the predator chatter to bed for now. Lower B team at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That said, some good athletes in the offensive zone, maybe they’ll pick off a few kids from Hawks/FCA/Crabs this winter....

Acc. to one of the Predator moms. Their goalie and FO kid did not play and 3 of 4 coaches not on sideline. I know they did not win one FO against us and used 5 or 6 kids. The Predator goalie was.....not a goalie.... So......if your boy is the #2 FOGO or goalie for Crabs here's your shot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why Preds director throws them in these Elite Tourneys. It’s a joke. The talent on Defense/Goalie is on a rec level; worse than Breakers. Poor attackman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks looked like a different team. Sloppy with the ball, not a finished product. Goalie is still amazing. Fall ball, they were probably trying new kids at new spots etc. I’m sure they will be humming in a month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why Preds director throws them in these Elite Tourneys. It’s a joke. The talent on Defense/Goalie is on a rec level; worse than Breakers. Poor attackman.

Maybe because it’s fall ball and they had a local tournament just to see where they were?

Honestly they are kids, not sure why you feel the need to belittle them. You know 90% of the chatter beforehand was not coming from the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Bored MD Dad

Bored Md Dad has some updating to do. Freedom smoked the Hawks!?? That makes them 1-2 in their last 3 games wink

Despite a narrow loss to Hawks, NE 3d appears to be legit.

Madlax was dominant at Blandair with an easy win over NL and blowouts over Preds and VLC

And I think we can put the predator chatter to bed for now. Lower B team at best.

Not really. Predators were without many players in all their teams. They will be there Spring and will be competitive with top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt get a call to join Predator's so this is your reaction?, Jealously and evy are not good traits. Preds will be there in Spring. Many teams are all over in fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many players were out including goalie. Spring will be different. Sorry you are bitter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn’t the Predators have come with a full team for this tourney. Makes no sense.

They should accept AA decision like many other very good clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun weekend of lacrosse. It’s difficult to know how much weight to put on fall ball since most teams are missing kids. But given that several teams have altered their rosters since the summer I think they have some weight as data points with current players. If nothing else, they provide fodder for speculation. Here’s my revised Bored MD Dad Rankings. Parenthesis is the prior ranking.

1. Annapolis Hawks (1). Quality wins over 3D New England and Long Island Express this weekend. Loss to Freedom is a little surprising, but I don’t think quite enough to drop them. Still, Madlax is gaining here.

2. Madlax (2). Quality win over Next Level and took care of business again. Strong argument that they have the best resume since the start of the summer. I’m keeping Hawks ahead for now given the two HOCO wins since I think those games are the best tests we have. But I think the Madlax dads have a good argument for the top spot and those HOCO wins will get stale eventually.

3. 3D New England (5). Team of the fall so far. So many quality wins already. Really impressive results against the strongest competition anyone has faced in fall ball. Definitely among the very best.

4. Team 91 Venom (4). This is a very strong team with a strong chance to grab the top spot at year’s end. They haven’t been out yet this fall, so we are flying a little blind, but I expect they will climb the rankings once they get started.

5. BBL (6). Very impressive showing this weekend in Delaware going 5-1. They have proven that they can play with the top teams.

6. 2Way (4). Went undefeated this weekend in Long Island so feels a little unfair to drop them two spots, especially since they took 2 of 3 from 3D New England this summer and split with BBL. Too bad we didn’t get a 2way and 91 Venom matchup this weekend to give us a better sense of where to put 2way.

7. Express North (9). Idle this weekend but move up two spots because of inconsistency among the rest of the teams in this range. We will see if they can earn it.

8. Long Island Express (10). They had a nice string of victories over LI teams on Columbus Day, solidifying them as the second best team on Long Island. Also had a nice win over Freedom this weekend, but sustained some losses against strong competition.

9. Next Level (8). Loss against Madlax this weekend. Keeping them ahead of Freedom based on the head to head this summer with them taking 2 of 3.

10. Freedom (11). They had the win of the weekend over the Hawks. But they also had four losses, albeit against very strong competition. 7-12 all seem very close in terms of overall resumes.

11. FCA (7). Probably not the start to the fall they were hoping for. By all accounts there are a lot of new pieces to this team and they might need more time to gel.

12. Mad Dog West (12). Idle this weekend as far as I know.

13. Thunder (14). Idle this weekend but get a shot against Madlax next weekend. I agree with those praising the athleticism of this team.

14. Crabs (15). Idle this weekend.

T-15. Legacy (14). Lost to Express on Columbus Day. Tough start to the fall so far.

T-15. Laxachusetts. Some nice wins up north this weekend, but no marquee wins. They seem to be trending in the right direction.

Watch list is same as before, but I’d add Iron Horse (TX) who had some nice results in Lone Star State and Kings (CO).

Also we should give a HOCO shout out to Bethesda who had some nice results this weekend. Good to see a team that stuck it out in Elite last year when others folding looking like they are improving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The preds benches were definitely shorter than the other teams. But their kids played hard and showed good sportsmanship. And the parents didn’t seem obnoxious. Kudos to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun weekend of lacrosse. It’s difficult to know how much weight to put on fall ball since most teams are missing kids. But given that several teams have altered their rosters since the summer I think they have some weight as data points with current players. If nothing else, they provide fodder for speculation. Here’s my revised Bored MD Dad Rankings. Parenthesis is the prior ranking.

1. Annapolis Hawks (1). Quality wins over 3D New England and Long Island Express this weekend. Loss to Freedom is a little surprising, but I don’t think quite enough to drop them. Still, Madlax is gaining here.

2. Madlax (2). Quality win over Next Level and took care of business again. Strong argument that they have the best resume since the start of the summer. I’m keeping Hawks ahead for now given the two HOCO wins since I think those games are the best tests we have. But I think the Madlax dads have a good argument for the top spot and those HOCO wins will get stale eventually.

3. 3D New England (5). Team of the fall so far. So many quality wins already. Really impressive results against the strongest competition anyone has faced in fall ball. Definitely among the very best.

4. Team 91 Venom (4). This is a very strong team with a strong chance to grab the top spot at year’s end. They haven’t been out yet this fall, so we are flying a little blind, but I expect they will climb the rankings once they get started.

5. BBL (6). Very impressive showing this weekend in Delaware going 5-1. They have proven that they can play with the top teams.

6. 2Way (4). Went undefeated this weekend in Long Island so feels a little unfair to drop them two spots, especially since they took 2 of 3 from 3D New England this summer and split with BBL. Too bad we didn’t get a 2way and 91 Venom matchup this weekend to give us a better sense of where to put 2way.

7. Express North (9). Idle this weekend but move up two spots because of inconsistency among the rest of the teams in this range. We will see if they can earn it.

8. Long Island Express (10). They had a nice string of victories over LI teams on Columbus Day, solidifying them as the second best team on Long Island. Also had a nice win over Freedom this weekend, but sustained some losses against strong competition.

9. Next Level (8). Loss against Madlax this weekend. Keeping them ahead of Freedom based on the head to head this summer with them taking 2 of 3.

10. Freedom (11). They had the win of the weekend over the Hawks. But they also had four losses, albeit against very strong competition. 7-12 all seem very close in terms of overall resumes.

11. FCA (7). Probably not the start to the fall they were hoping for. By all accounts there are a lot of new pieces to this team and they might need more time to gel.

13. Thunder (14). Idle this weekend but get a shot against Madlax next weekend. I agree with those praising the athleticism of this team.

T-15. Legacy (14). Lost to Express on Columbus Day. Tough start to the fall so far.

T-15. Laxachusetts. Some nice wins up north this weekend, but no marquee wins. They seem to be trending in the right direction.

Watch list is same as before, but I’d add Iron Horse (TX) who had some nice results in Lone Star State and Kings (CO).

Also we should give a HOCO shout out to Bethesda who had some nice results this weekend. Good to see a team that stuck it out in Elite last year when others folding looking like they are improving.

West Coast Starz will be in your top 6-8 after their trips East later this fall. Definitely playing Adrenaline in DE Nob 6-7.

As for 1-2 Hawks/Madlax. Since the end of HoCo in May, Madlax is 26-1 with a blowout win over the Hawks (7-2 at NAL). Their only loss was in OT after a blown 3 goal lead against NL. Like them or not, they are your #1 team at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guarantee the people posting about Predators don’t have a kid on the team. Talk to the parents, they know this is a AA team. Competing in AAA in the Spring would likely be a stretch. They will all tell you that. Wish these clowns would stop trolling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about west coast starz. They aren’t a real team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Coast Starz will be in your top 6-8 after their trips East later this fall. Definitely playing Adrenaline in DE Nob 6-7.

As for 1-2 Hawks/Madlax. Since the end of HoCo in May, Madlax is 26-1 with a blowout win over the Hawks (7-2 at NAL). Their only loss was in OT after a blown 3 goal lead against NL. Like them or not, they are your #1 team at the moment.

Madlax is 1-3 against the Hawks in 2021. Nuff said. Your 7-2 blowout is quickly trumped by Madlax’s performance in the HOCO championship where I think the Hawks led 8-1 or something at halftime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of points for Bored MD Dad:

1) Madlax pulled their starting attack and most of their D with 5+ minutes left vs. NL. It would have been an ugly game had ML not showed mercy.

2) Quick look at the schedules and it appears that the 28 Hawks are not playing NAL....and it looks like most of the other age groups at the club are attending. It's probably the best fall tourney with the largest demo of teams. If you don't play NAL this fall you can't be considered #1. Period. It also looks like you are dodging MDLX after NLF.

3) Preds parents are great and their kids have good attitudes. The parents I spoke to knew before the game what they were getting into and just wanted the kids to play. That approach usually leads to a decent team if they stick together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is 1-3 against the Hawks in 2021. Nuff said. Your 7-2 blowout is quickly trumped by Madlax’s performance in the HOCO championship where I think the Hawks led 8-1 or something at halftime.

It was 10-3 at half. MadLax has certainly played better since that half.
Hawks have lost 6 players from that team, 2 starters and 2 contributors and two players who didn’t play much. There are 5 new kids who don’t match what had left… yet. One of our other middies is playing attack now. It’s a work in progress but the new kids need time to gel. It’s fall, the team will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom is way too high, they went 2-4 on the weekend.

3D was impressive, the first half goalie was lights out. If they had a true tough game where they played him the entire game they would be tough to beat.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 251 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard