BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 34 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tier 1 players received invites a month ago. You can judge yourself if it’s worth going by looking at the players that are attending. College coaches put their players in for invites.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all
Committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are all
Committed.

Actually, they are not. I know at least 2 going who are not committed. They will be but are not yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida has 10 commits according to Laxbytes. 7 in the 2022 class. Not 50 but close 43 girls on the current roster. I guess 43 is getting back to a normal size roster for some.

Not to be snarky but if your going to give facts give all the facts. UF roster has 43 current players - 9 seniors and 14 juniors. Thats a lot of graduating players over next 2 years that need to be replaced.

Wonder why their top player, laxplayer, who had another year of eligibility decided not to return for a 5th year?

She is a fantastic player and I'm sure UF or any other program would have loved to have her another year. UF lost a lot to graduation this year. I know a few girls who just graduated from other schools who chose to forgo the 5th year because they had a job offer too good to pass on, or were starting a grad program with requirements that don't work with playing a sport. Not every elite college lax player plans to keep playing/coaching after college, and the cost of an extra year (both time and money) may not be worth it to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd love to see a breakdown of the non-hotbed commits. The number seems to be growing. Florida, Colorado, Texas, Oregon, Ohio, Georgia. would you put New Hampshire in there? lots of Tomahawks committing. Doesn't seem to be a ton of California girls this year.

Check the Commitment Center at the top of this page... Also check Laxbytes and Inside Lacrosse.... You will get a pretty good breakdown.

Laxbytes worked well. They are pretty up to date - I can only see a few missing that I know of. Of the 267 recruits in Laxbytes, 74 are not from MD, NY, PA, NJ, VA. And of the 74, about 35 are going to strong lax programs. And only a few top 20 schools have any or more than 1 from outside the hotbed. Penn is an exception. Northwestern and Notre Dame have a few more also.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all
Committed.

Actually, they are not. I know at least 2 going who are not committed. They will be but are not yet.

Yes - I saw two on the IG posts who are still uncommitted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tier 1 players received invites a month ago. You can judge yourself if it’s worth going by looking at the players that are attending. College coaches put their players in for invites.

Where can you see who is attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/event/players/288/2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jacksonville with a roster close to 50. Good grief.

They have a 92% acceptance rate, so I would imagine no player ever gets turned away for academic reasons, that can lead to many players reasons to go there. Pretty good lacrosse, they beat Florida last year. Good weather, on the beach, not a bad option for those looking for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a 92% acceptance rate, so I would imagine no player ever gets turned away for academic reasons, that can lead to many players reasons to go there. Pretty good lacrosse, they beat Florida last year. Good weather, on the beach, not a bad option for those looking for that.

Acceptance Rate is irrelevant when discussing Lacrosse Recruits.... Recruited Athletes do not go through the normal admissions process. Roster size at most programs are up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida has 10 commits according to Laxbytes. 7 in the 2022 class. Not 50 but close 43 girls on the current roster. I guess 43 is getting back to a normal size roster for some.

Not to be snarky but if your going to give facts give all the facts. UF roster has 43 current players - 9 seniors and 14 juniors. Thats a lot of graduating players over next 2 years that need to be replaced.

Wonder why their top player, laxplayer, who had another year of eligibility decided not to return for a 5th year?

She is a fantastic player and I'm sure UF or any other program would have loved to have her another year. UF lost a lot to graduation this year. I know a few girls who just graduated from other schools who chose to forgo the 5th year because they had a job offer too good to pass on, or were starting a grad program with requirements that don't work with playing a sport. Not every elite college lax player plans to keep playing/coaching after college, and the cost of an extra year (both time and money) may not be worth it to them.

You mean the one that chose nursing school? I think as the years go one we may see more players choose not to take the option now that they actually got in a full season.

It is different when your senior season is the one that was taken from you. Or you are not finished your degree yet anyway/are going into a grad program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the one that chose nursing school? I think as the years go one we may see more players choose not to take the option now that they actually got in a full season.

It is different when your senior season is the one that was taken from you. Or you are not finished your degree yet anyway/are going into a grad program.

True! Shannon was a first team All-American. Incredible player and person from Smithtown East. She did her job and more at Florida and time to move on to bigger and better things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Acceptance Rate is irrelevant when discussing Lacrosse Recruits.... Recruited Athletes do not go through the normal admissions process. Roster size at most programs are up.

Roster sizes are down at most programs except for ones in Florida apparently. I would detest to be one of the 25 middies they have on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is an impressive list of girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like a great opportunity for girls still trying to find a home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or for a parent still trying something to spend their stimulus check on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it really necessary? If you have nothing nice to say, you don't have to say anything. That's what I teach my kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practically all of the girls are committed. Good for them!
Will there be many coaches there though?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless the data is outdated, it looks like a lot of players attending are not committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless the data is outdated, it looks like a lot of players attending are not committed.

It is a non-contact period for coaches, so it can’t be used for recruiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not believe the above statement to be accurate.

The event takes place Sunday, October 24th…. October 24th is within the “contact period”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The event takes place Sunday, October 24th…. October 24th is within the “contact period”.

Looks like it may have changed. It used to be called contact period with no evaluation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like it may have changed. It used to be called contact period with no evaluation.

That's correct Fall evaluation was done only on the 3 weekends in November . May have changed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened with the Tufts clinic that was abruptly cancelled today? Many girls from out of state came to play. I know Tufts is a school that only takes you if you come to a camp. Hopefully everyone is OK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened with the Tufts clinic that was abruptly cancelled today? Many girls from out of state came to play. I know Tufts is a school that only takes you if you come to a camp. Hopefully everyone is OK

The team suffered a loss of a player. devastating no real info just that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's correct Fall evaluation was done only on the 3 weekends in November . May have changed

Yes, October is now a contact period defined as:

That period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

However evaluations are limited per below:

13.1.7.3.1 Evaluations During Contact Periods -- Women's Lacrosse. Evaluations of live athletics activities during a contact period shall be limited to:
(a) Regularly scheduled high school, preparatory school and two-year college contests/tournaments and practices; and
(b) Regular scholastic activities involving prospective student-athletes enrolled only at the institution where the regular scholastic activities occur.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classes are now starting to get numbers in the top schools - almost a month in. And, most of the top schools are saying they will have a small 2023 class. But nothing yet from Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins.

BC: 3-4
UNC: 5
UVA: 6
Syracuse: 4-5
Princeton: 6
Penn: 5
Florida: 5
Duke: 4-5
Maryland: 3
Rutgers: 2
Notre Dame: 1-2
Northwestern; 0
Hopkins: 0
Stanford: 0

How many of the commits are from The Island?

Currently, I believe that there are probably around 20 Long Island players committed to Top 15 or so college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classes are now starting to get numbers in the top schools - almost a month in. And, most of the top schools are saying they will have a small 2023 class. But nothing yet from Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins.

BC: 3-4
UNC: 5
UVA: 6
Syracuse: 4-5
Princeton: 6
Penn: 5
Florida: 5
Duke: 4-5
Maryland: 3
Rutgers: 2
Notre Dame: 1-2
Northwestern; 0
Hopkins: 0
Stanford: 0

How many of the commits are from The Island?

Currently, I believe that there are probably around 20 Long Island players committed to Top 15 or so college programs.

Florida - 5
Boston College - 2
North Carolina - 2
Virginia - 2
Stanford - 2
Princeton - 1
Notre Dame - 1
Duke - 1
Syracuse - 1

Are there more than that from the island committed to any of the Top 15 - 20 programs?

I think there are 2 committed to Loyola which is probably one of the top 20 programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the above list of LI players to top ~20 programs:

James Madison - 1
Navy - 1
Stony Brook - 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the above list of LI players to top ~20 programs:

James Madison - 1
Navy - 1
Stony Brook - 2

Navy has had a couple of great years but I’m not sure that Navy should be considered a Top 20 Program, I don’t believe that they consistently finish in the Top 20. That said, Congratulations to the young woman and her family what an incredible person she must be! Thank you in advance for your service and commitment to our country! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️. Navy has a great coach, maybe the best based on what she has accomplished over the years, she has built an excellent program.

Stony Brook is definitely one of the top 20 programs maybe even one of the top 10 programs but just about all of their players come from Long Island so SBU skews the numbers when it come to how many LI girls commit to the 15 - 20 strongest college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add 2 to Jacksonville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMass- 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Georgetown?

Virginia Tech?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there will be coaches at the Inside Lacrosse IDX Experience on Sunday? My daughter was invited and attending but she is not committed yet. The invite and website don't list any college coaches attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there will be coaches at the Inside Lacrosse IDX Experience on Sunday? My daughter was invited and attending but she is not committed yet. The invite and website don't list any college coaches attending.

They were supposed to update the information earlier this week with rosters, coaches and a schedule. They sent nothing. The boys ID event is being run much more organized, and has a big article about it on the IL website. Again the girls are pushed to the side. Disappointed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were supposed to update the information earlier this week with rosters, coaches and a schedule. They sent nothing. The boys ID event is being run much more organized, and has a big article about it on the IL website. Again the girls are pushed to the side. Disappointed.

It looks like the rosters are on the website with a schedule. No mention of coaches though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what was the criteria?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites were emailed end of Sept. unclear of how they were chosen. But all top and earliest commits were invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked over the list of girls participating in the ID event and there are ZERO committed Boston College recruits. i know for sure 2 of those girls committed for 2023 are top 20 girls. odd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked over the list of girls participating in the ID event and there are ZERO committed Boston College recruits. i know for sure 2 of those girls committed for 2023 are top 20 girls. odd

What is your point?

Top 20 according to who?

So what if there ZERO Boston College Commits? Who cares? Why do you care?

What is your point?

Page 24 of 34 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard