BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we just joined empire and my son likes the team and coaches a lot. that's all i could ask for. love seeing him happy and wanting to go to practice. good luck and i hope all the kids/parents are happy for whoever they're playing for

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo will field a B team. And bring down kids from the A to serve double duty. A win for the kids playing both. A loss for the kids that are slated for B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo will field a B team. And bring down kids from the A to serve double duty. A win for the kids playing both. A loss for the kids that are slated for B

Will it make the parents feel better who wrote the checks thinking they're playing on the A team? What happens when both team have tournament same days? I guess next you'll tell me there will be no conflicts because this was all planned out in advance, wink wink. I can't wait to see the post from Igloo bragging about winning B tournaments. At least they'll have something to brag about. #winning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will it make the parents feel better who wrote the checks thinking they're playing on the A team? What happens when both team have tournament same days? I guess next you'll tell me there will be no conflicts because this was all planned out in advance, wink wink. I can't wait to see the post from Igloo bragging about winning B tournaments. At least they'll have something to brag about. #winning

In theory, great plan. But those A players, the ones who made the team are not going to be that anxious to play with the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna work out just great.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They brought down some of their A kids last summer and we still beat them. It's a shame what's happening over there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They brought down some of their A kids last summer and we still beat them. It's a shame what's happening over there.

This is absolute untrue, no A team kids were brought down. You people really need to a life it’s club lacrosse nobody is gonna care in a few years much less next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolute untrue, no A team kids were brought down. You people really need to a life it’s club lacrosse nobody is gonna care in a few years much less next year.

Oh come on now, if they weren't from the A team then there were guest players there from other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez you Igloo people are easily offended. Maybe if you weren't too busy writing checks to your owner you wouldn't have such a short fuse. You are correct, nobody cares about Igloo this year, next year or last year. You haven't won a thing at 2025, maybe that's why you have a 40 man roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DONEGLOO Where Lax dreams go to die...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we just joined empire and my son likes the team and coaches a lot. that's all i could ask for. love seeing him happy and wanting to go to practice. good luck and i hope all the kids/parents are happy for whoever they're playing for

I feel like I heard that Empire got some new coaches in the past couple years and that the team has gotten a lot better. I've only heard good things. My son tried out for them and was offered a spot, but we just went in a different direction. I'd recommend Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel like I heard that Empire got some new coaches in the past couple years and that the team has gotten a lot better. I've only heard good things. My son tried out for them and was offered a spot, but we just went in a different direction. I'd recommend Empire.

In theory, great plan. But those A players, the ones who made the team are not going to be that anxious to play with the B team.

I don't think that's true. My son will play lacrosse with ANY team, any day, any time. There are a lot of kids like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo a mess Lets see if they play Blatant this weekend and how that goes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant has 4 of top 6 teams on island. Need 91 and iglioo to join. Step up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is banned. They too busy adding more kids to bring their roster to 50 kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think that's true. My son will play lacrosse with ANY team, any day, any time. There are a lot of kids like that.

There are some, but I have seen first hand a player choose to stand on the sideline of the A team vs going to play with the B team. I don’t agree with it, but it’s all mindset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the hornets bring back most of their team from last season or were they replaced?

There were a lot of changes

why were there a lot of changes? i thought the team played very well last year. what kind of changes were made?

Looking to make improvements I suppose and try and take a step up.

Express and 91 scrimmaged on Sunday and it was a one goal game.Two very solid B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And both teams can clean up a lot and be even better. That scrimmage was very sloppy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are some, but I have seen first hand a player choose to stand on the sideline of the A team vs going to play with the B team. I don’t agree with it, but it’s all mindset.

Your club team has to match your ability and college goals.

Before your family invests in a premium-level club, do your research, contact your high school coach and kids in the area who have gone on to play at the next level. Then ask yourself how committed you are to the game? A premium club team will ask for a lot of time and commitment, and you have to be ready for that.

You can also find a nice home at mid-tier club that might be a little more regional or local – not a non-competitive club, but just like college, a different level. That being said, club lacrosse is not bad! But do your homework and don’t just chase the helmet, which is a common mistake made by lacrosse players experiencing the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your club team has to match your ability and college goals.

Before your family invests in a premium-level club, do your research, contact your high school coach and kids in the area who have gone on to play at the next level. Then ask yourself how committed you are to the game? A premium club team will ask for a lot of time and commitment, and you have to be ready for that.

You can also find a nice home at mid-tier club that might be a little more regional or local – not a non-competitive club, but just like college, a different level. That being said, club lacrosse is not bad! But do your homework and don’t just chase the helmet, which is a common mistake made by lacrosse players experiencing the recruiting process.

Yes, please go to the HS coach, who has nothing better to do than answer your silly questions about "club". Please do that, start dropping terms like "premium club team" would love to see how that affects his playing time. Keep us posted, it sounds genius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And both teams can clean up a lot and be even better. That scrimmage was very sloppy.

A lot penalties. Both teams have several new players and will likely get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot penalties. Both teams have several new players and will likely get better.

Decent B lineup at Blatant. Epic Jokers, Express, Legrush experiment, rumored re-tooled Rush, and Icon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we stop with the AA and A divisions. Call them what they are A and B and really bad B team divisions. Are we that woke that we can't call a second tier team a B team, or is it that the so called elite teams want to be listed as AA? Either way it's annoying IMHO. And for all the haters out there, yes I have a Yukon XL with the team magnet, yes I have a red solo cup, no I never sit quietly on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of those "B" teams would beat the "self proclaimed" A teams. Blatant couldnt get many teams for this tournament from what I see. No 91... No Forcegloo, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we stop with the AA and A divisions. Call them what they are A and B and really bad B team divisions. Are we that woke that we can't call a second tier team a B team, or is it that the so called elite teams want to be listed as AA? Either way it's annoying IMHO. And for all the haters out there, yes I have a Yukon XL with the team magnet, yes I have a red solo cup, no I never sit quietly on the sideline.

Best post in quite some time. So true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of those "B" teams would beat the "self proclaimed" A teams. Blatant couldnt get many teams for this tournament from what I see. No 91... No Forcegloo, etc

Can someone tell me why Igloo is called "Forcegloo"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try to keep up. A few years ago 2025 Millon Force was a lower level A team as was Igloo. Millon folded their 2025 because the coaches kid (who was the best on team) went to another program. A lot of those Force kids wound up on the roster of Igloo. Did it make them better, maybe slightly, but they still haven't won anything as a team at 2025. All it left them was a bloated roster and an AA-- designation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try to keep up. A few years ago 2025 Millon Force was a lower level A team as was Igloo. Millon folded their 2025 because the coaches kid (who was the best on team) went to another program. A lot of those Force kids wound up on the roster of Igloo. Did it make them better, maybe slightly, but they still haven't won anything as a team at 2025. All it left them was a bloated roster and an AA-- designation.

No more AA -- Only A!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No more AA -- Only A!
Only 2 A level clubs on LI. Express and 91.
Igloo is way outside followed by the rest of the bunch (rebels, Regs, Legacy, S2S). FLG nowhere to be found.

People will say it doesn't matter so much since this is a transitional year to recruiting but if you aren't playing for one of the big clubs it get increasingly difficult. There are national showcase teams of course it thats the route you choose. On the flip side not everyone playing club lacrosse is in it to be recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No more AA -- Only A!
Igloo is way outside followed by the rest of the bunch (rebels, Regs, Legacy, S2S). FLG nowhere to be found.

People will say it doesn't matter so much since this is a transitional year to recruiting but if you aren't playing for one of the big clubs it get increasingly difficult. There are national showcase teams of course it thats the route you choose. On the flip side not everyone playing club lacrosse is in it to be recruited.
So what you are saying that if you are not on 91 / express then teams will not recruit you ... well i will tell you this you have zero clue about the recruiting process just becuase your kid is on those teams does not translate to being recruited ... last time i checked you have to perform and be on the field good luck with those big long benches .....you can tell Tillman , Breschi , and Danowski that you can fill a great water bottle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No more AA -- Only A!

So what you are saying that if you are not on 91 / express then teams will not recruit you ... well i will tell you this you have zero clue about the recruiting process just becuase your kid is on those teams does not translate to being recruited ... last time i checked you have to perform and be on the field good luck with those big long benches .....you can tell Tillman , Breschi , and Danowski that you can fill a great water bottle

You are absolutely correct! Take a look at how many Legacy and True Blue kids are committing. Also, don't let anyone tell you that you won't or can't be recruited if you are on a second team in an organization. My sons team had 24 or 26 kids go on to play college lacrosse, 17 of them went to D1 schools. The two that didn't play made the choice to choose academics over lacrosse and went to better academic schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No more AA -- Only A!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No more AA -- Only A!

Hey angry guy, go back and read what the poster actually said. I believe they were 2 separate points. Last I checked all the clubs on LI carry at least 25 to 30 kids so what short bench are you actually on. Perhaps you meant short bus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we get closer to recruiting, how could the clubs justify carrying 26-30 kids? At least on Chansters team you know that if you aren't on the first 15, you won't play very much. Is it the same at Igloo and Rebels and Regulators?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we get closer to recruiting, how could the clubs justify carrying 26-30 kids? At least on Chansters team you know that if you aren't on the first 15, you won't play very much. Is it the same at Igloo and Rebels and Regulators?

From what I’ve seen from the 2022’s is that the split the team up when they get closer to recruiting. The name of the team is still the same (Express CoachC) but not all the kids go to all the tournaments/showcases. As kids verbally commit they tend to play in less tournaments. The 2022 year was a little late with commitments due to Covid. Once my son committed he only played 2 more times. But the team played 4 more times. The 2023 class seems to be committing fast. They will focus the spring/ summer on the kids that did not commit. The commits will still play but not as much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on with CoachC??? Lost to Legarush at Blatant today? Not a good sign for Express. Legarush is not a top tier club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channys back! Champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Liked CoachC back as Champs" just in time for LegaRush to send kids to the B Team to Win that B bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t that the norm for express, bring kids down to win?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AA games were all good. Yes legacy sent 4-6 kids to play With B including FO. Kind of BS

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard