Re: Girls 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #352460 10/11/21 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing Hero’s and M&D are mostly lacrosse first but what about most of the other teams. The results could be deceptive but curious to see how things are looking this year. Hoping for more parity but might be tough with these two top teams. Hopefully in different brackets in the Spring. Then the 2nd place in each would be up for grabs.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #352723 10/13/21 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wondering if we’ll get to see most of the teams at full rosters in the Fall Tournaments or if soccer will make a major impact on some teams? Just interested to see if some teams with the new additions will close the gap with M&D and Coppermine (along with MDU & Crush). Just glad to have lacrosse back soon. Should be another exciting season.

Most multi-sport athletes wont miss a lax games. They may miss some practices.

My kid is on club lax and club soccer and I can tell you most coaches of club soccer won't tolerate missing a tournament or even a league game in Fall for another sport.

They don't even like you missing Spring soccer games.

that being said, we likely aren't doing club after this year, too much time involved.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352759 10/13/21 12:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame parents to have act that way. They don't realize their actions reflect poorly on their daughters.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352762 10/13/21 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if we’ll get to see most of the teams at full rosters in the Fall Tournaments or if soccer will make a major impact on some teams? Just interested to see if some teams with the new additions will close the gap with M&D and Coppermine (along with MDU & Crush). Just glad to have lacrosse back soon. Should be another exciting season.

My kid is on club lax and club soccer and I can tell you most coaches of club soccer won't tolerate missing a tournament or even a league game in Fall for another sport.

that being said, we likely aren't doing club after this year, too much time involved.

Must be very difficult juggling between two club teams. I don't think it's fair for any coach to have players that aren't 100% committed to practice and games. May have to play club lacrosse and rec soccer or vice versa.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352764 10/13/21 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be very difficult juggling between two club teams. I don't think it's fair for any coach to have players that aren't 100% committed to practice and games. May have to play club lacrosse and rec soccer or vice versa.

Issue is, the best athletes are often times the best players in both sports.

I don't think its fair to expect a 12 yr old to only play one sport. The coaches know the deal and they can and often do move the multi club kids to the B team of soccer. Soccer has no break. Tournaments are year round.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #352769 10/13/21 01:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing Hero’s and M&D are mostly lacrosse first but what about most of the other teams. The results could be deceptive but curious to see how things are looking this year. Hoping for more parity but might be tough with these two top teams. Hopefully in different brackets in the Spring. Then the 2nd place in each would be up for grabs.
M&D and Heros are not mostly lax first, as many play soccer. Both push fall sports first before fall lax. There isn’t a club team I know that promotes lax first in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #352773 10/13/21 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, that's the same experience I had at SW and Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352801 10/13/21 05:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Issue is, the best athletes are often times the best players in both sports.

I don't think its fair to expect a 12 yr old to only play one sport. The coaches know the deal and they can and often do move the multi club kids to the B team of soccer. Soccer has no break. Tournaments are year round.

I don't think its fair to ask a kids to play multiple club sports. Sometimes parents need to say no. Also realize that some club practice lax much more in the fall than others. (especially in northeast)

We have lots of multiple sport athletes, but the only ones who play multiple sports at the club level are hockey goalies. Lots play soccer, volleyball, basketball or cross country with rec or school teams. We may see some practices missed or league games, but i cant remember a girl missing an outdoor lax tourney. (many miss indoor during hockey/basketball season)

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #352892 10/14/21 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally know more than a dozen girls including my daughter that play both Club soccer and lacrosse. All coaches are fully aware of situations and fine with it long at soccer is the priority in Fall & lacrosse in Spring. The girls are just good athletes that love both sports. We tell ours it’s fine but in few years once in HS we will back it down to one club sport along with what ever school sports she wants to play and makes the team. Bethesda soccer tournament is the same weekend as Mid-Atlantic so we hope for scheduling that accommodates both. Soccer takes prior but we’ll drive all over to get her to as many games as possible because she doesn’t want to miss either. Feel for all you parents in the same situations. But we know we love watching our girls enjoy themselves out there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352921 10/14/21 01:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally know more than a dozen girls including my daughter that play both Club soccer and lacrosse. All coaches are fully aware of situations and fine with it long at soccer is the priority in Fall & lacrosse in Spring. The girls are just good athletes that love both sports. We tell ours it’s fine but in few years once in HS we will back it down to one club sport along with what ever school sports she wants to play and makes the team. Bethesda soccer tournament is the same weekend as Mid-Atlantic so we hope for scheduling that accommodates both. Soccer takes prior but we’ll drive all over to get her to as many games as possible because she doesn’t want to miss either. Feel for all you parents in the same situations. But we know we love watching our girls enjoy themselves out there.

This.

I know on my DDs lax team, there is at least 5 girls who play club soccer and another 7-8 that play Field Hockey.

We don't know which sport these kids will be more into in 4 years, why not give them the chance to foster love for all sports?

LAx coaches seem to be the most understanding to this.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #352950 10/14/21 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This.

I know on my DDs lax team, there is at least 5 girls who play club soccer and another 7-8 that play Field Hockey.

We don't know which sport these kids will be more into in 4 years, why not give them the chance to foster love for all sports?

Good point. I also think clubs self select around this issue too. The ones who practice more than 1x / week during fall tend to have fewer multi-sport athletes, at least at the club level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352966 10/14/21 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This.

Good point. I also think clubs self select around this issue too. The ones who practice more than 1x / week during fall tend to have fewer multi-sport athletes, at least at the club level.

DD team practices 2x/week (1 weekday and 1 weekend until tourneys) but often the weekday practice maybe has half of the players due to other sports and we will sometimes combine with another age group. Our coaches always tell us that if there is any conflict in the fall/winter to choose the fall/winter sport. They just ask for the same consideration in reverse come spring/summer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352978 10/14/21 09:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am thinking of the future, soccer would be the least of my choices based on popularity. If your xhild is really a top athlete, playing for a top lax club like M and D, ride that train for all it is worth. The chances of post high school play are much higher with lacrosse, or even field hockey for that matter, than soccer. Soooooo many kids play soccer, which is whittked down to 22 on a HS team and 2 those going on to the next level in a given year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #352982 10/15/21 06:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am thinking of the future, soccer would be the least of my choices based on popularity. If your xhild is really a top athlete, playing for a top lax club like M and D, ride that train for all it is worth. The chances of post high school play are much higher with lacrosse, or even field hockey for that matter, than soccer. Soooooo many kids play soccer, which is whittked down to 22 on a HS team and 2 those going on to the next level in a given year.

Someone thinking logically.

Especially in this area, you’d be nuts to chose soccer over lax if you excel in both but I guess if the kid loves one more. Soccer also allows my school options, lax is limiting potential schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard