BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 34 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pretty impressed by the Princeton and Dartmouth commits from Elevate. Small numbers compared to some of the other teams but kudos to the girls regardless.

Sing it with me sisters. Coaches recruit players not clubs.
Proven yet again!

Although it is very true, many parents will never admit it. Certain parents will come up with all kinds of crazy excuses as to why their daughter didn’t receive any offers from the top programs. There is really only one reason that a coach doesn’t make an offer.

Coaches also recruit kids whose parents have deep pockets and Legacy. C'mon, have you seen some of those recruited girls play? Teams do recruit some girls as practice players.

Agree with ^ but being on a very good team where playing time was handed out equitably sure did help my daughter get seen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty impressed by the Princeton and Dartmouth commits from Elevate. Small numbers compared to some of the other teams but kudos to the girls regardless.

Proven yet again!

Although it is very true, many parents will never admit it. Certain parents will come up with all kinds of crazy excuses as to why their daughter didn’t receive any offers from the top programs. There is really only one reason that a coach doesn’t make an offer.

Coaches also recruit kids whose parents have deep pockets and Legacy. C'mon, have you seen some of those recruited girls play? Teams do recruit some girls as practice players.

More excuses….. it never ends. Some just can not believe that a coach believes that other players are stronger than their daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proven yet again!

More excuses….. it never ends. Some just can not believe that a coach believes that other players are stronger than their daughter.

Not an excuse. It's an observation. My daughter visited and was offered by three Ivies. It's what we saw. She ultimately committed to a non Ivy top 20 with a more robust lacrosse program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is the tops look at their 23 commit list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proven yet again!

Not an excuse. It's an observation. My daughter visited and was offered by three Ivies. It's what we saw. She ultimately committed to a non Ivy top 20 with a more robust lacrosse program.

You can't lump all Ivy's (or schools from any conference) together. That being said, if you daughter had offers from some Ivy's I am sure that you are aware of how the Academic Index works. If an Ivy's top recruits are at the lower end of the Index the coach will have to bring in recruits that are at the higher end of the Index in order to balance out the index average. Those recruits may not be high end lacrosse players but they will have crazy high grades and test scores. It has nothin to do with $$ or being a legacy, it has to do with their Index score. Other high end Academic schools have different ways to get players into school, Duke has a certain number of "slots" that they can use to bring in players with grades below the normal admission standards. Northwestern can bring in whoever they want, every school is different but the bottom line is that the top recruits do not have to have the same grades as the recruits with less lacrosse / athletic ability.
Not all recruits at Ivy's (or any conference) are equal, there is a wide range at individual schools and their is a wide range throughout the conference.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proven yet again!

Just curious, What Ivy's? Also, are you talking Top 20 Lacrosse or Top 20 Academic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You assume that the each player selects the best lacrosse school. You can have a better plater pick a lower ranked school for a variety of reasons; location, academic specialty, etc. not all coaches support all majors so many top players steer away snd go to weaker athletic programs for the career choice. (Engineering or nursing).

Are you responding to a particular post? Who are you talking to? Who assumes?

Never the less, I will play along. The vast majority of the best players, i.e. the top 50 - 75 (IL Top 40, Under Armour AA caliber players) consistently choose to go to one of the perineal Top 10 -20 programs. Academics is obviously a big part of the equation as just about all of these programs are excellent academic institutions.

IMHO most would agree that it is not always where a player commits that indicates where the player stands but rather what schools made offers. If North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern and Syracuse are offering I am sure she is an excellent player regardless of where she chooses to go to school. However, The reality is that the best players are offered spots by several of the best college programs and in most cases they choose to attend one those programs.

Boston College
Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Florida
Stony Brook
Penn
Notre Dame
Duke
Penn State
USC
JMU
Stanford
Hopkins
Loyola

Although the above are not equal, they do outperform the the other 100 or so programs on a consistent basis. As the sport continues to grow I'm sure we will see a few more programs compete with the above on a regular basis (who those programs will be is anyones guess). High caliber players can usually find the right fit at one of the schools listed above.

Not promoting any schools or programs and not knocking any schools or programs. Just pointing out the obvious, the best programs are the best because they get the majority of the best players.

How many Long Island Players are committed to the schools listed above? 20?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 FINAL IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – June 1, 2021

Boston College captured the program’s first national title, defeating top seeded North Carolina, 11-10 in the semifinals, and Syracuse, 16-10, in the NCAA Championship match, to lay claim to the top-ranking in the final Division I Coaches Poll of the 2021 season. The Eagles (18-3) collected all 25 first place votes, and are followed by Syracuse (17-4), North Carolina (20-1), Northwestern (15-1), and Stony Brook (16-3) to round out the top five. Temple, UConn, and Towson all entered the rankings for the final poll of 2021.

1 Boston College

2 Syracuse

3 North Carolina

4 Northwestern

5 Stony Brook

6 Notre Dame

7 Florida

8 Duke

9 Loyola Maryland

10 Maryland

11 Virginia

12 James Madison

13 Denver

14 Rutgers

15 Drexel

16 Stanford

17 Johns Hopkins

18 Jacksonville

19 Temple

20 Massachusetts

21 UConn

22 Towson

T-23 Hofstra

T-23 Penn State

25 Louisville

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College captured the program’s first national title, defeating top seeded North Carolina, 11-10 in the semifinals, and Syracuse, 16-10, in the NCAA Championship match, to lay claim to the top-ranking in the final Division I Coaches Poll of the 2021 season. The Eagles (18-3) collected all 25 first place votes, and are followed by Syracuse (17-4), North Carolina (20-1), Northwestern (15-1), and Stony Brook (16-3) to round out the top five. Temple, UConn, and Towson all entered the rankings for the final poll of 2021.

1 Boston College

2 Syracuse

3 North Carolina

4 Northwestern

5 Stony Brook

6 Notre Dame

7 Florida

8 Duke

9 Loyola Maryland

10 Maryland

11 Virginia

12 James Madison

13 Denver

14 Rutgers

15 Drexel

16 Stanford

17 Johns Hopkins

18 Jacksonville

19 Temple

20 Massachusetts

21 UConn

22 Towson

T-23 Hofstra

T-23 Penn State

25 Louisville

Thank you for posting, is there a point to the post?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't lump all Ivy's (or schools from any conference) together. That being said, if you daughter had offers from some Ivy's I am sure that you are aware of how the Academic Index works. If an Ivy's top recruits are at the lower end of the Index the coach will have to bring in recruits that are at the higher end of the Index in order to balance out the index average. Those recruits may not be high end lacrosse players but they will have crazy high grades and test scores. It has nothin to do with $$ or being a legacy, it has to do with their Index score. Other high end Academic schools have different ways to get players into school, Duke has a certain number of "slots" that they can use to bring in players with grades below the normal admission standards. Northwestern can bring in whoever they want, every school is different but the bottom line is that the top recruits do not have to have the same grades as the recruits with less lacrosse / athletic ability.
Not all recruits at Ivy's (or any conference) are equal, there is a wide range at individual schools and their is a wide range throughout the conference.

Very accurate and informative post. I'll just add that Northwestern can't bring in anyone they want, but their standards are well below any of the other more academic schools or even top publics (UVA, UNC, Michigan).

That said, they won't admit someone with a 2.5 GPA and 950 SAT. (not that she would be able to keep up at the school).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate and informative post. I'll just add that Northwestern can't bring in anyone they want, but their standards are well below any of the other more academic schools or even top publics (UVA, UNC, Michigan).

That said, they won't admit someone with a 2.5 GPA and 950 SAT. (not that she would be able to keep up at the school).

UVA, UNC & Michigan all have a very specific number of slots available. NU does not have a hard number and yes they have significant leeway but they are extremely cautious if they believe a player will struggle academically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to see how the coaches rank the programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 commits per LaxBytes, just for those of you who may be interested in such things:

1 Boston College 4
2 Syracuse 6
3 North Carolina 7
4 Northwestern 3
5 Stony Brook 4

6 Notre Dame 3
7 Florida 10
8 Duke 5
9 Loyola Maryland 5
10 Maryland 5

11 Virginia 7
12 James Madison 4
13 Denver 6
14 Rutgers 5
15 Drexel 1

16 Stanford 5
17 Johns Hopkins 2
18 Jacksonville 4
19 Temple 0
20 Massachusetts 4

21 UConn 2
22 Towson 1
T-23 Hofstra 1
T-23 Penn State 5
25 Louisville 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to see how the coaches rank the programs.

The coaches are not ranking “The Programs”, they are ranking individual “Teams” for that particular year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, What Ivy's? Also, are you talking Top 20 Lacrosse or Top 20 Academic?[/quote]

She visited Yale, Princeton and Penn and committed to a top 20 school in both Academics and Lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes thats correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Florida filled up fast! Still alot of openings for the remaing top girls to land. Very exciting time for these talented girls....(and stressful!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Boston College

2 Syracuse

3 North Carolina

4 Northwestern

5 Stony Brook

6 Notre Dame

7 Florida

8 Duke

9 Loyola Maryland

10 Maryland

11 Virginia

12 James Madison

13 Denver

14 Rutgers

15 Drexel

16 Stanford

17 Johns Hopkins

18 Jacksonville

19 Temple

20 Massachusetts

21 UConn

22 Towson

T-23 Hofstra

T-23 Penn State

25 Louisville

Media Poll was pretty much the same...

Women's Division I Media Poll

1 Boston College
2 Syracuse
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Stony Brook
6 Notre Dame
6 Florida
8 Duke
9 Maryland
10 Loyola
11 James Madison
12 Virginia
13 Rutgers
14 Denver
15 Drexel
16 Stanford
17 Temple
18 Jacksonville
19 Johns Hopkins
20 Virginia Tech

Receiving Votes:

Penn State, Louisville, UMass, Towson, Hofstra, UConn, Lehigh, Fairfield

It will be interesting to see how some of the non-traditional teams do this year with everything back to normal.

Rutgers, Temple, Drexel, Jacksonville etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Florida filled up fast! Still alot of openings for the remaing top girls to land. Very exciting time for these talented girls....(and stressful!)

I do not think that there are too many spots remaining at the top programs. Coaches will hold some spots until they see who enters the portal next May-June.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not think that there are too many spots remaining at the top programs. Coaches will hold some spots until they see who enters the portal next May-June.

Florida filled up no faster than any other top program. They did not get the top recruits either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida filled up no faster than any other top program. They did not get the top recruits either.

Typical negative hater post…

Go away pretzel…. Maybe they didn’t want your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida actually has one more in the class who hasn't posted to social yet. Bringing them to 11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 commits per LaxBytes, just for those of you who may be interested in such things:

1 Boston College 4
2 Syracuse 6
3 North Carolina 7
4 Northwestern 3
5 Stony Brook 4

6 Notre Dame 3
7 Florida 10
8 Duke 5
9 Loyola Maryland 5
10 Maryland 5

11 Virginia 7
12 James Madison 4
13 Denver 6
14 Rutgers 5
15 Drexel 1

16 Stanford 5
17 Johns Hopkins 2
18 Jacksonville 4
19 Temple 0
20 Massachusetts 4

21 UConn 2
22 Towson 1
T-23 Hofstra 1
T-23 Penn State 5
25 Louisville 5

This data gets stale fairly quickly during the first couple months of recruiting... Stanford is up to 8 and probably done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida actually has one more in the class who hasn't posted to social yet. Bringing them to 11

Florida filled a huge class very quickly. So far, biggest class in the country. Supposedly a roster of 50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Florida filled a huge class very quickly. So far, biggest class in the country. Supposedly a roster of 50.

I know a girl who came out of HS as a top player who is a Jr there. She has only played in a handful of blowouts. Says way too many girls on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for opinions on the Inside Lacrosse ID Experience coming up in October. It is the first year for the girls, so hopefully some of you have had boys participate in the past. It is supposedly an invite only event, but that could just be how they are selling it. My daughter is already committed, but it might be good to get evaluated and play against the top tier talent that they are advertising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the Syracuse mentality of carrying 50 girls has made its way down south. Not everyone will dress and travel with the team for away games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the Syracuse mentality of carrying 50 girls has made its way down south. Not everyone will dress and travel with the team for away games.

Florida has 9 commits with a very small 2022 class.
this is the first class with Regy Thorpe there. 50 on team??? not true and Cuse has a roster of around 30 this year. Rosters are getting back to normal and the bottom 20 girls on a 50 person roster no darn well they are never playing in big games. like practice squad players in football.
For anyone who played lacrosse in college or any sport for that matter; when you get there unless you are a 3X HS AA then you basically all start fresh slate. Even AA but they may get more opportunities early. It’s a different game in college so don’t matter if you commit on sept 1 or march of your senior year. You prove you can produce and help a team then you will find minutes. Committing is the first step of a your college career but that’s all it is. Time for these girls to work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for opinions on the Inside Lacrosse ID Experience coming up in October. It is the first year for the girls, so hopefully some of you have had boys participate in the past. It is supposedly an invite only event, but that could just be how they are selling it. My daughter is already committed, but it might be good to get evaluated and play against the top tier talent that they are advertising.

Looks like a lot of committed players. You just need to get a coach to submit a recommendation. If she's committed, she will get an invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a girl who came out of HS as a top player who is a Jr there. She has only played in a handful of blowouts. Says way too many girls on the team.

It doesn’t matter if a team has a roster of 30 or 50 players, in competitive games only 15 - 18 players will get in the game at most schools. It doesn’t matter if it is Boston College or Boston University, Maryland or Marist, Carolina or Cornell…. Not everyone plays in the competitive games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like a lot of committed players. You just need to get a coach to submit a recommendation. If she's committed, she will get an invite.

She already got the invite, just wondering if it is worth the time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jacksonville with a roster close to 50. Good grief.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a total money grab, but probably a fun experience for the players to be among the top commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd love to see a breakdown of the non-hotbed commits. The number seems to be growing. Florida, Colorado, Texas, Oregon, Ohio, Georgia. would you put New Hampshire in there? lots of Tomahawks committing. Doesn't seem to be a ton of California girls this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida has 10 commits according to Laxbytes. 7 in the 2022 class. Not 50 but close 43 girls on the current roster. I guess 43 is getting back to a normal size roster for some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be another day of lacrosse and probably fun with the pressure off. However, it's the same girls my daughter has seen at so many other events, UA, AS, NTDP, Elite 8...now that she is committed, feels good to pass on a money grab. Also, have seen so many injuries over the past year, just not worth it in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd love to see a breakdown of the non-hotbed commits. The number seems to be growing. Florida, Colorado, Texas, Oregon, Ohio, Georgia. would you put New Hampshire in there? lots of Tomahawks committing. Doesn't seem to be a ton of California girls this year.

Check the Commitment Center at the top of this page... Also check Laxbytes and Inside Lacrosse.... You will get a pretty good breakdown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida has 10 commits according to Laxbytes. 7 in the 2022 class. Not 50 but close 43 girls on the current roster. I guess 43 is getting back to a normal size roster for some.

Not to be snarky but if your going to give facts give all the facts. UF roster has 43 current players - 9 seniors and 14 juniors. Thats a lot of graduating players over next 2 years that need to be replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be another day of lacrosse and probably fun with the pressure off. However, it's the same girls my daughter has seen at so many other events, UA, AS, NTDP, Elite 8...now that she is committed, feels good to pass on a money grab. Also, have seen so many injuries over the past year, just not worth it in my opinion.

And what is the price of this play day? I did notice that the cariety of girls is much the same as UA and AS. Will there be coaches there? Is it a recruiting event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to be snarky but if your going to give facts give all the facts. UF roster has 43 current players - 9 seniors and 14 juniors. Thats a lot of graduating players over next 2 years that need to be replaced.

Wonder why their top player, laxplayer, who had another year of eligibility decided not to return for a 5th year?

Page 23 of 34 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard