BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 73 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ Wiener has a lot of strong girls who will probably go to a lot of top schools! Even though my daughters team got a beat down by them it was awesome seeing the talent in the 2024 age group. Excited to see where these young ladies go!!

Thanks Wiener mom! Nobody from another team would go out of their way to pump another team. Hopefully you’re daughter is as good as you think she is!

Weiner beat most of the teams they played, and a 23 parent they looked very good. The level of talent on that team seemed to be unparalleled with the other teams playing on the turf. Kildare lost to Jesters 24 black and jesters 23 black, but beat jesters 23 pink. Seems like jesters 24 pink played lower aged teams and shore to shore who they beat. I think Weiner, Kildare, Jesters 24 black, shore to shore, and Jesters 24 pink were the only 24 teams there.

No matter where you stood for fields 1,2 and 3 you could see all the games clearly and there was some really strong talent from the 24s between Weiner, Kildare, and Jesters black. It was a good day of lacrosse and a chance for all the high school aged kids to get out there and get some time in together before fall tournaments.

Love the positivity here. Truly some great talent on some of those 24s teams and was enjoyable to watch.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Wiener has a lot of strong girls who will probably go to a lot of top schools! Even though my daughters team got a beat down by them it was awesome seeing the talent in the 2024 age group. Excited to see where these young ladies go!!

Thanks Wiener mom! Nobody from another team would go out of their way to pump another team. Hopefully you’re daughter is as good as you think she is!

Yes we would? Normal parents can judge another team in a positive light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we would? Normal parents can judge another team in a positive light.

Agree, not just about the LI teams! Hopefully we are routing for all the LI girls overall as eventually it comes down to that. Need to beat, MD, DE, CT , NJ and keep LI the #1 place where top Lax talent comes from! That helps all the girls on LI. So small minded to think you can’t compliment other girls/teams from LI! Let’s try to route for and Hope all the 24 LI players get to where they want to be and hopefully the strength of LI Lacrosse helps them! The competition between the teams, just makes them better.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by SAT1234
100% agree at least from midewst standpoint. The Midwest UA command team is an absolute joke. Practically the entire team was from the 3 coaches clubs. 3 coaches from MN, IL, MI. Guess what the team looked like 7 kids from MN, 7 from Il, 7 from MI. The kids from MN & MI with exception of one or two would not start for half of the top 10 club teams in the Midwest. Complete nonsense and waste of time! They need to figure a way to get the best kids on these teams. My kid did not deserve to make the team but I know quite a few who should have. I watched many of the tryout games. There were clearly many kids "missed" by the evaluators and plenty of obvious politically motivated kids that made the team.

If you look at Midwest, West or most of the non traditional marketing, American Select rosters were much strong than the UA rosters.

Politics, maybe? But also the two best clubs in the Midwest (Team 1 and MN Elite) had their coaches coaching the teams. In California, it was most STEPs girls, Coloardo was mostly Team180 girls. Connecticut was worst of all where the rosters was 90% CT grizzlies. All player for their clubs coaches.

Once these girls made the American select roster, most players didn't even tryout for UA.

American Select roster for North Carolina was a joke. It was obvious which club was running the tryouts. Definitely not the top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the legacy team at this age?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bit of a change of topic here

Our High school and club coach is advising our daughter to take her SATs a bit early (this summer instead of fall). She said it makes you more recruitable early in the cycle, especially at more academicminded schools.

Is anyone else's daughter doing the same?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think it would help your daughter if she plans on signing early in the recruiting process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Carolina Tar Heels head coach has a daughter in the 2024 class. She was at American select.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea do that if you think she’ll score 1200+
Helps admins approve daughter fir schools coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Carolina Tar Heels head coach has a daughter in the 2024 class. She was at American select.

True, I saw the UNC head coach watching the games at American Selects.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you should take early to see where you stand in the SATs, not lacrosse.
A coach will take a chance on you if you are academically flawless because your high scores fullfill the academic index, they now have more room to take less academically advantagednplayers.
So if you have a high SaT score the summer before junior year, coaches will recruit you quicker (if recruitable) vs waiting for January scores to come out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sAT was not an issue this year. The college coaches look at GPA and gamble. My daughter commited in the first 2 weeks to a big school and was never asked about SAT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sAT was not an issue this year. The college coaches look at GPA and gamble. My daughter commited in the first 2 weeks to a big school and was never asked about SAT
I agree. Plus, who knows if they are even going to require SAT. Many 2022's and 23's have not had to submit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Ivies say they don’t but a player has been recruited first because of her AI standing. ND says/not says it as well. Read thru the lines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you should take early to see where you stand in the SATs, not lacrosse.
A coach will take a chance on you if you are academically flawless because your high scores fullfill the academic index, they now have more room to take less academically advantagednplayers.
So if you have a high SaT score the summer before junior year, coaches will recruit you quicker (if recruitable) vs waiting for January scores to come out

Thanks so much. My daughter has good grades (3.8) but doesnt go to the best school (they only offer 2 AP classes). Her PSAT had her in 93rd percentile. Not sure if they care about PSAT scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Ivies say they don’t but a player has been recruited first because of her AI standing. ND says/not says it as well. Read thru the lines

Interesting. ND told one of our 23s that they want to offer her but will need to see her 7th semester grades. Admittedly our school went pass fair during covid for second semester so she only has 3 semesters of letter grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you taking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And she was playing for Team Maryland and her M&D Coach, not her home state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And she was playing for Team Maryland and her M&D Coach, not her home state.

Great example of how entitlement works in lax. Rules are only for some people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weiner beat most of the teams they played, and a 23 parent they looked very good. The level of talent on that team seemed to be unparalleled with the other teams playing on the turf. Kildare lost to Jesters 24 black and jesters 23 black, but beat jesters 23 pink. Seems like jesters 24 pink played lower aged teams and shore to shore who they beat. I think Weiner, Kildare, Jesters 24 black, shore to shore, and Jesters 24 pink were the only 24 teams there.

I am shocked Jesters 24 Black beat Kildare. Is something going on with the Kildare team???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am shocked Jesters 24 Black beat Kildare. Is something going on with the Kildare team???

The 7v7 def not good representation. Kildare top scorer wasn’t even playing for them. Looked like she was playing on her town/HS team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 7v7 def not good representation. Kildare top scorer wasn’t even playing for them. Looked like she was playing on her town/HS team.

Who’s the top scorer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters 24 black picked up some top players from other teams and they added a new coach and hired Pirreca for trainings within the club. Was not there so can’t say for sure but Kildare lost a few top kids and jesters added a few. It probably leveled the playing field a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes a 7 v 7 and both teams were probably missing a handful of strong players. There isn’t room for more than one club or team to be successful?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

‘C’ team top scorer didn’t play?? Wow, thats a new one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relying on one person whose a top scorer means that the team is not well balanced. Dependency on one persons presence is not a good sign.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Kildare the c team now? They like to tell people they’re b

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relying on one person whose a top scorer means that the team is not well balanced. Dependency on one persons presence is not a good sign.

Also pretty sure said top scorer should have been pulled up by now. Way better than the rest of the kids on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad for LI lacrosse when a clubs c team is ranked higher than most clubs A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, it’s prob. The Coach’s daughter. She’s a big part of the teams success. It wasn’t just her missing. 7v7 is never good representation. She is big part of the team. Not the only team that has a girl who’s a difference maker!!! Many teams have those girls ! Like a Charlotte Nirth at BC!!! Even colleges have that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who beat who. Can’t we just be grateful that kids are even playing anymore? the statement asking about what’s wrong with Kildare is rude towards that team not to mention unkind to jesters for your shock at them winning. Keep your snarky remarks to yourself. Kildare is doing just fine. Jesters outplayed us and that’s ok. No one wins 100% of the time, and there is no need to put down two groups of children because you want to stir the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the sign of a ball hog who will soon get a reality check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares who beat who. Can’t we just be grateful that kids are even playing anymore? the statement asking about what’s wrong with Kildare is rude towards that team not to mention unkind to jesters for your shock at them winning. Keep your snarky remarks to yourself. Kildare is doing just fine. Jesters outplayed us and that’s ok. No one wins 100% of the time, and there is no need to put down two groups of children because you want to stir the pot.

Agree with this. Jesters has been growing over the past few years and they made some smart business moves grabbing those new coaches and trainers. Kildare had a good summer and although we lost a few good players we will remain a top 50 team. Based on what I saw during the 7 v 7 we are just as strong as last year but it is still early in the season. The teams we played were all class acts as were their coaching staffs and those who ran the tournament. As a parent on the sidelines it was a positive experience for all the kids and that should be our focus for our children, not if we lost a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this. Jesters has been growing over the past few years and they made some smart business moves grabbing those new coaches and trainers. Kildare had a good summer and although we lost a few good players we will remain a top 50 team. Based on what I saw during the 7 v 7 we are just as strong as last year but it is still early in the season. The teams we played were all class acts as were their coaching staffs and those who ran the tournament. As a parent on the sidelines it was a positive experience for all the kids and that should be our focus for our children, not if we lost a game.

Parents can learn from the girls at these things! I was watching all the girls mingling around the fields, chatting with girls they know from other teams, laughing, taking photos together and looking like they were just having a good time. It’s the parents who are the crazy ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents can learn from the girls at these things! I was watching all the girls mingling around the fields, chatting with girls they know from other teams, laughing, taking photos together and looking like they were just having a good time. It’s the parents who are the crazy ones.

So many girls on different teams who are friends and supporting one another. Parents are the ones who cause all these issues between teams and clubs. The girls are fine they don’t care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So many girls on different teams who are friends and supporting one another. Parents are the ones who cause all these issues between teams and clubs. The girls are fine they don’t care.

Parent coaches generally cause the drama if you ask around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me why tournament directors pair top ranked team (top 20) with teams ranked over 100? How is this fun for anyone? Shouldn't there be some parity so the games are more challenging and fun for both teams? Primetime brackets just came out and I am left shaking my head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me why tournament directors pair top ranked team (top 20) with teams ranked over 100? How is this fun for anyone? Shouldn't there be some parity so the games are more challenging and fun for both teams? Primetime brackets just came out and I am left shaking my head.

Where were you able to view the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams are misplaced in their brackets ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams are misplaced in their brackets ?

There are multiple brackets where this is the case.

Page 19 of 73 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard