BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 34 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think Grizzlies has 15 commits already. That is amazing. Means kids that aren’t even starters are committed.

Yes, that’s great, but the discussion is about the LI teams. I think if you look at the quality of the commits, TG has the edge
OMG, is this really a competition?

Yes, it always has been. Now is the time the clubs are collecting their prize

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Grizzlies has 15 commits already. That is amazing. Means kids that aren’t even starters are committed.

"Yes, that’s great, but the discussion is about the LI teams. I think if you look at the quality of the commits, TG has the edge"

When is Long Island going to realize there is a big wide world of athletes out there? You guys are so small minded.

As a LIer, I will admit that what Grizzlies has done is impressive. 15 from 1 team shows how much coaches value the program. Maybe not top lax schools, but they’re top academic schools that would not be easy to get into without lax.

Are you aware that the majority of Grizzlies girls are extremely wealthy and are paying full price at the 80k schools they’re going to? That’s great for them since they can clearly afford it. Grizzlies also work off a different model than the LI clubs. They’re roster is double the size and they rotate who attends tournaments.

Oh…. So they were only offered spots because they are wealthy. College Coaches save all of their scholarship $$ for the LI girls…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Yes, that’s great, but the discussion is about the LI teams. I think if you look at the quality of the commits, TG has the edge"

When is Long Island going to realize there is a big wide world of athletes out there? You guys are so small minded.

As a LIer, I will admit that what Grizzlies has done is impressive. 15 from 1 team shows how much coaches value the program. Maybe not top lax schools, but they’re top academic schools that would not be easy to get into without lax.

Are you aware that the majority of Grizzlies girls are extremely wealthy and are paying full price at the 80k schools they’re going to? That’s great for them since they can clearly afford it. Grizzlies also work off a different model than the LI clubs. They’re roster is double the size and they rotate who attends tournaments.

Oh…. So they were only offered spots because they are wealthy. College Coaches save all of their scholarship $$ for the LI girls…

Daddy’s name on building certainly helps. Kind of like Liberty of LI, where girls are average at lax and commit to Ivies. The Grizzlies roster size is interesting. Basically like two teams. Makes the numbers of commited girls more realistic. When you play the Grizzlies you never know what girls will be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop the insanity.
There are plenty of spots for all our LI girls. And Everyone has their own story. Who cares Which team has more commitments soonest? The endgame is all our daughters are going to pretty much the college of their choice whether it be an Ivie, a powerhouse lacrosse school, a D2 or 3, or what have you. Kudos to all of them. These girls Are all friends. They all know each other. And they all are supportive of one other! Look at her Instagram posts. The only competition here between the parents. So dense. So Embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point but plenty of LI girls are also forgoing scholarship money. CSH, GC, Manhasset etc... Still doesn’t take away from what Grizzlies has done. Curious about their model though. Are there leveled teams or just one super sized team? How is their training?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to their websites, Grizzly roster has 27 girls and YJA has 24. Not close to double.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And sometimes grizzles have a girl with a higher grad year on their jersey. Pretty notIntelligent to put them there or nobody would know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to their websites, Grizzly roster has 27 girls and YJA has 24. Not close to double.

Spoke to Grizzlies dad and he said they change the travel roster every tournament because the team is so big

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, they attend 80k year private schools and get a great education and usually have high academic scores, have the $s to pay for full college tuition and are very good at lacrosse. Trifecta for many college coaches! Not surprised about all the commits from there. Coaches Don’t have to get so creative in getting them accepted to the schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Grizzlies has a B team (yellow). Sounds like abs they get older the B may not get enough kids so they absorb the better ones on A and make a larger team. From what I have seen they play kids pretty equally which is probably why so many have recruiting opportunities. Nobody is just sitting on the sidelines.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, they attend 80k year private schools and get a great education and usually have high academic scores, have the $s to pay for full college tuition and are very good at lacrosse. Trifecta for many college coaches! Not surprised about all the commits from there. Coaches Don’t have to get so creative in getting them accepted to the schools.

Darien, Greenwich High School, New Canaan , Wilton, Fairfield Ludlowe are all public High Schools.

As usual, most of you do not know what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Grizzlies has a B team (yellow). Sounds like abs they get older the B may not get enough kids so they absorb the better ones on A and make a larger team. From what I have seen they play kids pretty equally which is probably why so many have recruiting opportunities. Nobody is just sitting on the sidelines.

Recruiting opportunities also open up more for them due to their tax brackets, and education. Many of them would be able to attend the best colleges even without Lacrosse. That’s not the same situation with many other clubs. It’s usually the reverse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse finally included a Girls division for the ID Experience. How do they choose who to invite ?
I see many of the D1 commits are attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Recruiting opportunities also open up more for them due to their tax brackets, and education. Many of them would be able to attend the best colleges even without Lacrosse. That’s not the same situation with many other clubs. It’s usually the reverse.

I’m not sure if this really explains it tho. There are plenty of LI girls in that tax bracket too. It seems Grizzlies is doing something right when it comes to training and exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Darien, Greenwich High School, New Canaan , Wilton, Fairfield Ludlowe are all public High Schools.

As usual, most of you do not know what you are talking about.

You must not be one of the smartest grizzlies parents. 80k is in reference to the college’s they pay full price to attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies have a B team for 2023, or at least they did for G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kooks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You assume that the each player selects the best lacrosse school. You can have a better plater pick a lower ranked school for a variety of reasons; location, academic specialty, etc. not all coaches support all majors so many top players steer away snd go to weaker athletic programs for the career choice. (Engineering or nursing).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You assume that the each player selects the best lacrosse school. You can have a better plater pick a lower ranked school for a variety of reasons; location, academic specialty, etc. not all coaches support all majors so many top players steer away snd go to weaker athletic programs for the career choice. (Engineering or nursing).

This. We had family friends that only played 1 year at their program because they were forced to choose between nursing and lacrosse - and they chose nursing.

And some may choose a weaker lacrosse program because they know they are more likely to play earlier. Or the coaching staff/ current team was not the right fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you responding to a particular post? Who are you talking to? Who assumes?

Never the less, I will play along. The vast majority of the best players, i.e. the top 50 - 75 (IL Top 40, Under Armour AA caliber players) consistently choose to go to one of the perineal Top 10 -20 programs. Academics is obviously a big part of the equation as just about all of these programs are excellent academic institutions.

IMHO most would agree that it is not always where a player commits that indicates where the player stands but rather what schools made offers. If North Carolina, Boston College, Northwestern and Syracuse are offering I am sure she is an excellent player regardless of where she chooses to go to school. However, The reality is that the best players are offered spots by several of the best college programs and in most cases they choose to attend one those programs.

Boston College
Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Florida
Stony Brook
Penn
Notre Dame
Duke
Penn State
USC
JMU
Stanford
Hopkins
Loyola

Although the above are not equal, they do outperform the the other 100 or so programs on a consistent basis. As the sport continues to grow I'm sure we will see a few more programs compete with the above on a regular basis (who those programs will be is anyones guess). High caliber players can usually find the right fit at one of the schools listed above.

Not promoting any schools or programs and not knocking any schools or programs. Just pointing out the obvious, the best programs are the best because they get the majority of the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? Do you speak for the Island? Because down in Maryland it’s not like that. There are no studnads, or whatever you call them, playing lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What schools made offers on certain timelines is huge.
Look at the process the Ivies approached the 23’s.
A few Ivies picked girls quick, but then they got quiet and girls you would assume to be waiting for the Ivies went Duke or Carolina instead.
I think that the Ivies are taking their time, and the spots at Duke and Carolina were now or never.

Can we talk about who is behind the recruiting at CT Grz and if they freelance? Because they are putting a lot of other big clubs to shame! I thought a few clubs would have bigger name commitments by now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few Ivies picked girls quick, but then they got quiet and girls you would assume to be waiting for the Ivies went Duke or Carolina instead.
I think that the Ivies are taking their time, and the spots at Duke and Carolina were now or never.

Can we talk about who is behind the recruiting at CT Grz and if they freelance? Because they are putting a lot of other big clubs to shame! I thought a few clubs would have bigger name commitments by now.

The Ivy's did not delay, they actually came out of the gait pretty quick (sometimes Ivy's have to go out and find a player or two with crazy ACT/SAT scores and 100 average in order to help their Index). Most Ivy's are full or very close to it. As to who is behind the recruiting at CT Grizzlies it is the players. College Coaches especially at the best programs make offers to the players that they believe to be the best. It has very little to do with what club a kid plays for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Ivy's did not delay, they actually came out of the gait pretty quick (sometimes Ivy's have to go out and find a player or two with crazy ACT/SAT scores and 100 average in order to help their Index). Most Ivy's are full or very close to it. As to who is behind the recruiting at CT Grizzlies it is the players. College Coaches especially at the best programs make offers to the players that they believe to be the best. It has very little to do with what club a kid plays for.

Truth! You can always tell a poster who has been through the process before!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Painting the Ivy’s with a pretty broad brush. Not trying to be mean but I don’t think that you understand how the recruiting process works. It is not very complicated, coaches watch the players play and then they go after the players who they like. Most Ivy’s are not competing with Duke and Carolina.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ivies and near ivies (Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame) are typically much more aggressive at the beginning since they are recruiting from a much smaller pool of players. They will also tell some girls they want to offer, but need to see either another semester of grade or ACT/SAT scores. (This is actually why you are seeing more and more girls take standardized tests after sophomore year, not earlier in jr. year)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says who? Do you speak for the Island? Because down in Maryland it’s not like that. There are no studnads, or whatever you call them, playing lacrosse.

Maybe? But MD is def. No CT when it comes to the trifecta! Grades, talent and cash! Think CT wins there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Painting the Ivy’s with a pretty broad brush. Not trying to be mean but I don’t think that you understand how the recruiting process works. It is not very complicated, coaches watch the players play and then they go after the players who they like. Most Ivy’s are not competing with Duke and Carolina.

True. They’re competing with Stanford who is better or the same, as well as Northwestern and Duke. North Carolina does not big in to compete with those schools academically

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. They’re competing with Stanford who is better or the same, as well as Northwestern and Duke. North Carolina does not big in to compete with those schools academically

I think the poster was saying that all ivy’s are not equal when it comes to lacrosse… Carolina absolutely competes for some of the players that Penn and Princeton compete for but in general most Ivy’s do not get the same caliber of player that UNC, BC, NU, Duke, ND etc get.

For whatever reason, people like to group conferences together but in reality the programs can be very different.

UNC & BC get the talent over Va Tech & Louisville

Maryland & Northwestern get the talent over OSU & Rutgers

Penn & Princeton get the talent over Columbia & Cornell

Loyola & Navy get the talent over Bucknell & Lafayette

UNC is an excellent school and I am sure there are plenty of great Lacrosse players with excellent grades who choose UNC over Ivy’s as well as NU, Duke, Stanford, Hopkins etc….

It is not about “conference” for the best players they go where they want and the majority of the time it’s to one of the best programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we talk about who is behind the recruiting at CT Grz and if they freelance? Because they are putting a lot of other big clubs to shame! I thought a few clubs would have bigger name commitments by now.[/quote]

The Ivy's did not delay, they actually came out of the gait pretty quick (sometimes Ivy's have to go out and find a player or two with crazy ACT/SAT scores and 100 average in order to help their Index). Most Ivy's are full or very close to it. As to who is behind the recruiting at CT Grizzlies it is the players. College Coaches especially at the best programs make offers to the players that they believe to be the best. It has very little to do with what club a kid plays for.[/quote]

The Ivy's are in action early and not delaying or quiet at all. They will all have small classes due to girls who took time away and are back to play. Princeton had 19 girls delay. With these small classes. Columbia may get some good commits!
Penn - 7 and saying they are full.
Yale - 7
Dartmouth - 6
Princeton - 6
Brown - 5
Harvard - 5
Cornell - 4
Columbia - 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And back to our heated debate about the Lacrosse Magazine top 2023 list a month ago ..... 20 out or 25 are committed.
Lowest level schools on the list are USC, Penn State and Loyola - which are all pretty strong lax schools.
The 5 players left are from BBL, Big 4 HHH, Dewlax, Xtreme and Skywalkers. One is a goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And back to our heated debate about the Lacrosse Magazine top 2023 list a month ago ..... 20 out or 25 are committed.
Lowest level schools on the list are USC, Penn State and Loyola - which are all pretty strong lax schools.
The 5 players left are from BBL, Big 4 HHH, Dewlax, Xtreme and Skywalkers. One is a goalie.

Excellent schools as well. Looks like the coaches at the best programs agree with the assessment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Ivy's did not delay, they actually came out of the gait pretty quick (sometimes Ivy's have to go out and find a player or two with crazy ACT/SAT scores and 100 average in order to help their Index). Most Ivy's are full or very close to it. As to who is behind the recruiting at CT Grizzlies it is the players. College Coaches especially at the best programs make offers to the players that they believe to be the best. It has very little to do with what club a kid plays for.[/quote]

The Ivy's are in action early and not delaying or quiet at all. They will all have small classes due to girls who took time away and are back to play. Princeton had 19 girls delay. With these small classes. Columbia may get some good commits!
Yale - 7
Dartmouth - 6
Princeton - 6
Brown - 5
Harvard - 5
Cornell - 4
Columbia - 3[/quote]

Princeton only actually brought in 5 of their 2021 commits with others in this class being 2020s that delayed. So it will be interesting to see what happens with the 2022s and 2023s and how many end up deferring a year (makes me wonder how many already know they may need to defer)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale - 7
Dartmouth - 6
Princeton - 6
Brown - 5
Harvard - 5
Cornell - 4
Columbia - 3[/quote]

Columbia stinks, but gold digger parents will be thrilled that their daughter got their. Not to bad of a plan!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale - 7
Dartmouth - 6
Princeton - 6
Brown - 5
Harvard - 5
Cornell - 4
Columbia - 3[/quote]

Dartmouth picked up another today,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty impressed by the Princeton and Dartmouth commits from Elevate. Small numbers compared to some of the other teams but kudos to the girls regardless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty impressed by the Princeton and Dartmouth commits from Elevate. Small numbers compared to some of the other teams but kudos to the girls regardless.

Sing it with me sisters. Coaches recruit players not clubs.
Proven yet again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes!!! Big kudos to those girls!!! Especially since they probably didn’t get much help from that club in the recruiting process. Knew others who played there, who said they got no help. So, big congrats to them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proven yet again!

Although it is very true, many parents will never admit it. Certain parents will come up with all kinds of crazy excuses as to why their daughter didn’t receive any offers from the top programs. There is really only one reason that a coach doesn’t make an offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proven yet again!

Although it is very true, many parents will never admit it. Certain parents will come up with all kinds of crazy excuses as to why their daughter didn’t receive any offers from the top programs. There is really only one reason that a coach doesn’t make an offer.

Coaches also recruit kids whose parents have deep pockets and Legacy. C'mon, have you seen some of those recruited girls play? Teams do recruit some girls as practice players.

Page 22 of 34 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard