BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No BS, I am retired and living the life. Love Back Of The Cage, just trying to give some sound advice. Take it or leave it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Before 2025 tryouts, families should have decided what the end game is for continuing with club lacrosse. 5 to 7k all in for club, is a lot to ask if you're just hanging on for fun. If your son really wants to play in college, and as a parent most likely paying for that privilege, there is a college team for almost everyone. Very few from Long Island will ever play at large D1 program. Certainly smaller D1 programs, D2, D3 and MCLA are all options. The real question that families must honestly answer is exactly what you'll sacrifice just to play lacrosse in college (no judgements). The better club programs will give you some exposure, but quite frankly most of the legwork is the family realistically finding out where their player can and should play. Individual showcases, prospect days, letters, etc, all part of the process. You cannot let the college coaches phone call to your club coach be the deciding factor. Club coaches are human, play favorites, favor home towns.

Sounds like your son is not on a elite AA team. Nothing personal or fugaze. For my two older sons the elite AA teams successfully converted all of the above and more. Both played D1 and both were second line pole and mids until the end. Elite coaching and reps got them there. Both started on their high school due to elite club team. If you are not elite you are outside looking in. Measure elite by coaching, track record, and quality of practice.
Elite AA, what does that even mean? I call BS, but does their degree from Hartford just to play lacrosse really have Fortune 500 companies lining up to hire them after graduation. I guess you can all sit around talking about the glory days and NCC. #laxlife

Bet you are a snob from CT. Putting down NCC is something a snob does. No wonder your blaming others for your failure.

Nah, I'm a nassau guy so.. you're welcome. Pretty sure my taxes fund that place. What does the union have lined up for you tomorrow?

Says the guy who can't even capitalize Nassau. Seems like you scored pretty low on the education front. Maybe dial it back and go hug your kid who hates you.

lol. easy lax mommy. what grade do you teach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every once in a while this thread derails and this is one of those times. Folks, keep is classy and respectful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously! Bash the clubs, not each other!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, but just for clarification, the guy who bashes union workers, yet can't write a coherent statement on an anonymous lacrosse forum, then tries to deflect away from his lack of class and education by digging a deeper hole, should not be given the slightest pass.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, but just for clarification, the guy who bashes union workers, yet can't write a coherent statement on an anonymous lacrosse forum, then tries to deflect away from his lack of class and education by digging a deeper hole, should not be given the slightest pass.

you must be the foreman. Congrats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole point of my original post, was college athletes benefit from participating in athletics. Nothing else, again it’s a fact. This is my third post. Someone else, not very educated is on my coat tails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 1 million % correct !!! Jobs in sales and trading across Wall Street are filled with college athletes!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you must be the foreman. Congrats.

Typical Wall Street, coked up and drunk 24/7, kid never sees you, when he does you’re a hungover mess. Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats with this Igloo "World Series Team Tryout" banner on this site? Whats that all about?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats with this Igloo "World Series Team Tryout" banner on this site? Whats that all about?

Just another way Igloo has screwed people for $$$$. You tryout and make their 2027 team only to find out later that the WSYL tournament is an additional tryout and separate team. The only team from LI that I can recall doing something like that was Regulators but they were clear that the team was assembled to compete primarily at WSYL. Regs didn't get very far, but at least they were open and honest. Something that Igloo hasn't been is honest and transparent, especially for their 2025 group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if your son made the 2027 team he isnt necessarily assured a spot on the "WSYL team" And the Director gets to pound the parents for dual-tuition if the kid makes both teams? That is a total SCAM. RUN FOR THE HILLS or get out your checkbook. Sheesh...I heard they punked all of the kids that have been there for years. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take "SCAM" for $200 Chuck..............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, did parents from outside Igloo actually sign their kids up? I don’t believe that for even a minute.
They must have just been looking for older but eligible kids or something like when Leg a sea did it.
Someone has to know, did they add any new kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 45 kids all practicing together Nobody knows which kid is on which team. Parents fuming. Enjoy the show

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also not only do they have 45 kids they have inherited some real winner parents .....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 45 kids all practicing together Nobody knows which kid is on which team. Parents fuming. Enjoy the show

FLG is looking for 1-2 more middies (A/B+ players). Pass the word.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, did parents from outside Igloo actually sign their kids up? I don’t believe that for even a minute.
They must have just been looking for older but eligible kids or something like when Leg a sea did it.
What Igloo group are you asking about 2025 or 2027? I will answer for both. 2027 has over 30 kids that will compete at some point for only 24 spots on their WSYL team but not play for regular team. The 2025 program is has over 40 kids but some are A team, few are B team and most are both. How would that even work? They're all college recruits so it will all work out so pay up and don't ask questions. Didn't stick around to see how it all unfolds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Igloo group are you asking about 2025 or 2027? I will answer for both. 2027 has over 30 kids that will compete at some point for only 24 spots on their WSYL team but not play for regular team. The 2025 program is has over 40 kids but some are A team, few are B team and most are both. How would that even work? They're all college recruits so it will all work out so pay up and don't ask questions. Didn't stick around to see how it all unfolds.

40 kids A / B / Both is still probably better than being on a team of 30 kids like 91, Express, Regulators, Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

40 kids A / B / Both is still probably better than being on a team of 30 kids like 91, Express, Regulators, Rebels
I think the majority would disagree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you want to be executed via electric chair or by firing squad? Its really the same question.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you want to be executed via electric chair or by firing squad? Its really the same question.....
Exactly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I confirm math works on BOTC?
40 kids divided by 2 teams = 20 kids per team
30 kids divided by 1 team = 30 kids per team
Why is it better to be on a team with 10 more kids?
Firing squad please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poetry. Can the Penguin wear one of those Black hoods when he takes your money?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Firing squad please.

The problem is that the directors don't really care about the bottom 20 of the 40 (the same way they don't care about the bottom 12 of the 30). Parents need to grip reality when it comes to their kids skill level. If they "haven't picked up a stick since July" (heard this at a recent 40 kid practice and not injury-related), they probably don't belong on a AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Firing squad please.
Promises made promises broken. Over 40 kids were taken and told they made the A team. Half the former B team walked away because of an ugly incident during tryouts with a director who has no business being involved with children or parents. That's the real story that you'll never hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOWSA!!! And condolences to all those parents that feel little Johnny is now on an "A" team....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I've seen, FLG is more a B/B- team. Going for A players is always good though. wink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I've seen, FLG is more a B/B- team. Going for A players is always good though. wink
You people are ridiculous. Call FLG whatever team you want, they are still looking for 1-2 solid/good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? That was a premier club a little while back and I find it surprising, if true, they are looking for players in Oct. My guess is Igloo parents lit up their inbox by now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? That was a premier club a little while back and I find it surprising, if true, they are looking for players in Oct. My guess is Igloo parents lit up their inbox by now.

Igloo parents/kids should go to FLG (or equal). At this point, what's the downside?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo parents/kids should go to FLG (or equal). At this point, what's the downside?!

I couldn't agree more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't agree more.

Is FLG any better than where they are stuck now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't agree more.

Is FLG any better than where they are stuck now?

Igloo doesn't have enough to field a B team, so I would say yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is the team you want to be on. its not an AA team but they're pretty competitive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is the team you want to be on. its not an AA team but they're pretty competitive
Never heard of them. Are they competitive in the C bracket? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are ridiculous. Call FLG whatever team you want, they are still looking for 1-2 solid/good players.

What team is ever going to say they’re looking B/C players? Of course they’re looking for A players. Doesn’t mean they will get them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all amazing, critiquing other programs, putting down B/C players as if your superstar A player has a golden road to college. Speak with the 23s right now. A ton of outstanding players are struggling to get looks and their helicopter parents are freaking! Read the tea leaves, that’s you in 23 months.

And those B/C players you feel sorry for - most are playing because they enjoy the game, it’s not as a road to recruiting. I bet they are happier playing than your sons are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team always looking for A players... And Ben Franklin...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never heard of them. Are they competitive in the C bracket? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

You know why you couldn't resist... Because you're a small minded stunad. Why, why would you feel the need to say something like that? They are a solid B team, that's what they are. But, I guess it made you feel better to put them down.

Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard