BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 73 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to come on here again to explain myself a little further since it seems that our coach and the parent I mentioned in my original post have starting mass posting insults. I never said my daughter was the best on the team, I stated she is one of the stronger players. I did not name any coaches and the reason I went to this website before making a decision was to see if there were other options. I did not say anything bad about the other girls, just that it was not the A level team we were promised when we got personal calls from the program and coaches to convince us to stay on this year. The majority of the girls are great, there are 2-3 girls and accompanying parents who are truly a dark cloud. Those 2-3 are probably being entitled by the fact that they are family friends with the coaches and now are on this website trying to attack me for asking for advice. Just because I am not happy with our families decision to stay on this year doesn't make our family the enemy. As many said following my post 91 isn't the greatest program, and we knew that.

We stayed for my daughters friends and because we felt it was too late to make a switch. When we were promised that we would be playing top 10 teams in the country with this new roster and told we were part of something new and great for the program we made the decision to stay, and that is on us. I now realize that it may have been foolish to think this team could compete with YJ A teams, M&D, NEMS, Skywalkers,etc. It was probably foolish on our part.

Sorry if anyone felt insulted by my original post, but at the end of the day my priority is my kid.

Due to the response of coach and his pal there is zero trust or comfort in him. If I can't find an alternate team for my daughter, I won't ruin her experience further by giving them gasoline for the fire with my daughters name.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's NOTHING wrong with what he did he didn't say any rude comments like every other parent is on here if they have the right to call him a clown and bash his team he can say call me if you have an issue. Which how is this "addressing the problem" saying false things no less not even saying your name!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All these sideline daddy coaches should shut their mouth. He played at the collage level and is a varsity assistant coach don't think that says he is some clown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so are you going to man up and speak to the coaches ? or just continue being a coward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the same thing , I heard they had some pretty legit kids , obviously it’s word of mouth so you have to wait and see . This parent sounds like maybe his kid doesn’t fit with this team , or possibly is not good enough to compete with this team . I guess rather than bow out gracefully he decided to make weak excuses and bash kids and coaches. Unfortunately everyone will figure who the parent is and the kid will be embarrassed and end leaving anyway . Well done daddy

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Mike Hall simmer down. Don't even know you but you posting on here with your name, and now anonymously is a riot. Your ego is showing. To the mom or dad who came on looking for advice, don't let these men bully you into silence. Keep using the forum to ask for advice. You didn't bash anyone. The only people who look ridiculous here are Hall and his single fan club member.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard the same thing , I heard they had some pretty legit kids , obviously it’s word of mouth so you have to wait and see . This parent sounds like maybe his kid doesn’t fit with this team , or possibly is not good enough to compete with this team . I guess rather than bow out gracefully he decided to make weak excuses and bash kids and coaches. Unfortunately everyone will figure who the parent is and the kid will be embarrassed and end leaving anyway . Well done daddy

you guys have reading comprehension issues... the poster-in-question never said anything bad about the team or players. All they did was reference it wasnt a good fit, with some bad seeds on the team, and that they felt they were sold a bill of goods with regard to level of play. An anonymous forum seems to be the best place to ask about a situation like this. And unfortunately, i think a lot of people are in the same boat even at other programs (with at least one of those 3 issues, if not a combination of them). My advice is that its never too late to find a better fit for you kid... although that does become more difficult as time goes on.

Based on the response from the alleged coach and his cronies, it sounds like a direct conversation will not go far... and based on the three issues you identified, they cannot be easily remedied in a single season even if the coach is receptive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches response was “call me”. I think that’s a great response. In other words, let’s talk about your concerns. I don’t think you could ask for anything more than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches response was “call me”. I think that’s a great response. In other words, let’s talk about your concerns. I don’t think you could ask for anything more than that.

No it wasn't. His response was disbelief. The coach could have just said "you have my contact info, reach out and let's discuss/address your concerns" and leave at that.

I find the quote I included below to be especially interesting. If you are a parent from our team, call me (you have my number). If you aren’t a parent on our team and you are simply a person using an anonymous web forum to stir the pot, create false hostility, trying to negatively affect what is a good thing or have nothing better to do, you need to seriously take a long look at your life decisions.

-Mike Hall

I seriously doubt any of the following is true…

“ There are a few issues. The first being that the team culture not going so well. There is obvious egos of kids and parents that make it not enjoyable. If the team was the skill level it is but our daughter was enjoying it that be one thing, but it’s not. They feel like certain girls are favored and think that the actual instruction from coaches isn’t helping. For example, they tried to teach them zone and it was so poorly explained that the team left and was all texting each other that they’ve never felt so lost at a practice because the way it was taught was not clear and went against things taught by their school coaches. There’s also rumors flying that the coaches are telling certain parents information about kids that shouldn’t be spoken about to other parents. I could gamble and stick it out or jump ship, but like you said when is it to late? Is my daughter good enough for another team and so on”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would find the “bad seeds” or favorites very offensive if it was my kid. Looks like someone is trying to find excuses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the OP should not have mentioned 2024 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you guys have reading comprehension issues... the poster-in-question never said anything bad about the team or players. All they did was reference it wasnt a good fit, with some bad seeds on the team, and that they felt they were sold a bill of goods with regard to level of play. An anonymous forum seems to be the best place to ask about a situation like this. And unfortunately, i think a lot of people are in the same boat even at other programs (with at least one of those 3 issues, if not a combination of them). My advice is that its never too late to find a better fit for you kid... although that does become more difficult as time goes on.

Based on the response from the alleged coach and his cronies, it sounds like a direct conversation will not go far... and based on the three issues you identified, they cannot be easily remedied in a single season even if the coach is receptive.

I appreciate you understanding where we are coming from. It wasn’t meant to make my child sound like the best or to insult anyone. I simply wanted advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would find the “bad seeds” or favorites very offensive if it was my kid. Looks like someone is trying to find excuses.

If they had really wanted to attack a specific kid they would have been more specific. I’ve spoken to people on this team who all mention one child in particular who rubs everyone the wrong way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh now it’s one particular kid who rubs everyone the wrong way ?? You just keep moving the goalposts, you can’t keep your story straight anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh now it’s one particular kid who rubs everyone the wrong way ?? You just keep moving the goalposts, you can’t keep your story straight anymore.

I didn’t say it was one kid a different poster did…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outsider (non 24) looking in... I commend the coach for putting his name to the post, I think the parent was only looking for advise and not meaning to bash anyone in particular....
The rest of y'all are bananas.
That is all, Ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one spoke to me and I have never seen anything that this person is explaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have a few questions, the team is already not getting along ? How many practices have they had together? Seems early that kids aren’t getting along already . And parents are already labeling kids as bad seeds and rubbing kids the wrong way ? This is really odd , considering the amount of practice they have had , which I’m assuming aren’t many. Could it be some kids are better than others ? And that doesn’t sit well with mommy and daddy? It sounds like some parents can’t handle the competition. If you can’t handle the competition on a 91 team , then you won’t be stand a chance on higher level club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one spoke to me and I have never seen anything that this person is explaining.
how can anyone speak to you your anonymous!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is exhausting. Someone please start a new topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I have a few questions, the team is already not getting along ? How many practices have they had together? Seems early that kids aren’t getting along already . And parents are already labeling kids as bad seeds and rubbing kids the wrong way ? This is really odd , considering the amount of practice they have had , which I’m assuming aren’t many. Could it be some kids are better than others ? And that doesn’t sit well with mommy and daddy? It sounds like some parents can’t handle the competition. If you can’t handle the competition on a 91 team , then you won’t be stand a chance on higher level club

If you can’t hang at 91 you might as well just quit. Can’t get much lower tier on long island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Hall even reading this thread..?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? If someone bashing people and/or A club… they have every right to respond. Plus, I think they should. It’s their business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? If someone bashing people and/or A club… they have every right to respond. Plus, I think they should. It’s their business.

It’s obvious you know him. Lax on ladies replied on here once and you crucified them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I distinctly remember a bandits player moving to our club and her parents on the sidelines telling us how horrific her experiences were with the bandits coaches. The coaches mentioned before are the same are they not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s obvious you know him. Lax on ladies replied on here once and you crucified them

No, do not know him or the Lax On ladies. Crucified?? I do believe if someone or their club is being bashed on here and they are made aware, I think they should defend themselves. It’s their reputation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, do not know him or the Lax On ladies. Crucified?? I do believe if someone or their club is being bashed on here and they are made aware, I think they should defend themselves. It’s their reputation.

I think coming on to defend yourself makes you look more guilty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To late for that , you already started a dumpster fire

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that coach did with how he chose to reply.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a parent ANONYMOUSLY
* questions the culture of a coach's team
* says the coach confused kids with how poorly he explained a defense (and the parent probably has no clue about the defense)
* says that the coaches favor kids
* says there are kids that are "bad seeds"
* accuses coaches of talking to parents about other kids

And the Coach
* says call me
* says he's surprised to hear this and is in disbelief
AND RESPONDS WITH HIS NAME LIKE A GROWN UP

If you think the coach did anything wrong you are part of the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that coach did with how he chose to reply.

It proves the coach is an stunad and further proves the original poster's concerns. Plus the fan-boy makes it even more true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the best college recruiting sites? ConnectLax, SportsRecruits, CaptU or other? Thank you in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a parent ANONYMOUSLY
* asks for advice from other parents
* is concerned for their child
* is concerned for the culture of a team
* states that many different kids were confused
* later says they feel uncomofrtrable with these coaches

And the Coach
* says call me with an attitude
* says he's surprised to hear this and is in disbelief not because it isn't true, but because his ego is too big to accept he may not be a lax god
* responds with his team because there is truth to these rumors.

The coaches are the problem, not the parent, not the kids. You have two coaches on that team with inflated egos who are looking to get their kid further in the lacrosse world regardless of who they need to step on to get there. The female coach was a nightmare on Yellow Jackets, and from what the parent posted it seems like she has taken this man downhill with her. If he works alongside her I believe that there is validity in this statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only stunad is the fella repeatedly using the word stunad... over and over and.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
only stunad is the fella repeatedly using the word stunad... over and over and.....

There are no other posts that are using the word stunad? Pretty sure multiple people are capable of using the same term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can CH get off of here already you're beyond obvious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connectlax seems to be pretty user friendly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the best college recruiting sites? ConnectLax, SportsRecruits, CaptU or other? Thank you in advance

SportsRecruits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SportsRecruits

Connectlax and sports recruits both good. We had an issue with sports recruits with our account after our club activated an account. Stuff got messed up. They were great to deal with and fixed it fast. One thing I did read at one point is to email directly with coaches, not via the websites. Not sure how true that is though.

Page 17 of 73 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard