BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 34 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I watched Rutgers beat Maryland in NJ this year and they barely beat Rutgers in College Park. How many times has that happened in the history of the winning program in history? Their roster has been all Maryland girls in the past and it has served them great. I'm looking forward. Keep living in the past if your a proud turtle. How strong is the Maryland brand outside of Maryland?? I'm sure Cathy Reese knows it and is doing something about it, but she is playing catch up.

Maryland brought in 8 freshman this year 2 from NY, 2 from NJ and 4 from MD.

The Terps also brought in 5 Transfers (Penn, Princeton, Hopkins, North Carolina, Albany) 2 from NY, 1 from PA, 1 from Canada I believe and 1 from MD.

8 of the 13 new faces are not from MD…

Maryland brought in 5 very good transfers:

Penn - All-American, All-Ivy attack

Hopkins - All-American, All-Big 10 attack ... 182 points in her career .

Albany - All-America East, AE Defensive Player of the year.

North Carolina - Under Armour All-American Senior. Inside Lacrosse #13 Recruit.

Princeton - Under Armour All-American Senior. Inside Lacrosse #17 Recruit.

The NCAA decision to allow transfers was not a good one. My daughter is a 2024 but I feel so bad for all of the 2022s and 2023s that aren't getting the chance to play in college because of spots being taken up by 5th and 6th year players. Those girls lost part of their High School careers and now aren't even getting the chance to play in college.

This couldn’t be more true. So many 22’s won’t even get the opportunity to play in college at all. If you look at the overall number of commits from the laxbytes/laxpower site, the impact is in black and white:

Girls:
2020: 3,445 commits
2021: 2,659 commits (77% of pre-5th year level)
2022: 1,703 commits (49.4% of pre-5th year level)
2023: too early to tell

Obviously there will be a few more 22 commits but with the focus now on the 23’s, the 22 class is filled for most colleges at this point. At this point, the 22 recruit class lost half the roster spot opportunities compared to years past.

Not so fast, you need to dig a little deeper than just looking at total count on laxbytes. Their data includes Club, NAIA, D1, D2 and D3. Info is entered into the database much later for some divisions than others. I am seeing as many 2022 commits announced as 2023 so far this fall, but to different levels of programs. I don't have time for a deep dive into the data but here's a glimpse of what's going on when you sort by division, count pages of D1, NAIA, etc and multiply by # or commits per page.

2020: ~80 Club, ~260 NAIA, ~1200 D1
2021: ~30 Club, ~100 NAIA, ~1100 D1
2022: 0 Club, ~20 NAIA, ~1030 D1

2021 D1 is 92% or 2020, 2022 D1 is 86% of 2020 D1. This is likely a better indicator of reduced opportunity due to covid 5th year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is the best 2023 player period……

Chill - lax Dad, there are many top 23 players! Very strong class!

Have you seen her play? She is far better than the next group of goalies, she plays at an elite level already. There are 100 good righty attackers and not much gap between top 10-20. Best player in my opinion is the one that distinguishes themselves far about their piers. I know it hurts when it is somewhere from Colorado but take the daddy goggles off and stop drinking you NY whine.

The UNC commit is the best goalie. Fast in close, making the impossible - possible. Solid on free positions. Commands the field. Great handle with perfect clears. I don't know if she's the best 2023 overall, but she is the best goalie. Anyone who says differently either has never seen her play, doesn't know what they're looking at, or can't admit when someone is better than their daughter. Grizzlys and Skywalkers are very good. This girl is in another class.

I've seen her play at MidAtlantic last summer - she is legit and has an amazing presence in cage that really sets her apart. The coaches were lined up for her. She had top coaches fly to Colorado to recruit her, like a football player. It's crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you seen her play? She is far better than the next group of goalies, she plays at an elite level already. There are 100 good righty attackers and not much gap between top 10-20. Best player in my opinion is the one that distinguishes themselves far about their piers. I know it hurts when it is somewhere from Colorado but take the daddy goggles off and stop drinking you NY whine.

The UNC commit is the best goalie. Fast in close, making the impossible - possible. Solid on free positions. Commands the field. Great handle with perfect clears. I don't know if she's the best 2023 overall, but she is the best goalie. Anyone who says differently either has never seen her play, doesn't know what they're looking at, or can't admit when someone is better than their daughter. Grizzlys and Skywalkers are very good. This girl is in another class.

I've seen her play at MidAtlantic last summer - she is legit and has an amazing presence in cage that really sets her apart. The coaches were lined up for her. She had top coaches fly to Colorado to recruit her, like a football player. It's crazy!

UNC really did well getting her and the top Grizzly attacker. Will be strong leaders for that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would someone know so much unless it was a parent! Yikes! Please stop promoting your daughter. It's getting embarrassing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Her stance is really good in net. Allows her to kind of leap out and attack the ball like a cheetah and smother it. Reminds me of Caylee Waters but with quicker cat like reflexes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading through these posts made me look at the current 2023 player rankings. I hope that I am wrong but does Inside Lacrosse develop their rankings solely by video submissions that you need to pay for? (https://www.insidelacrosse.com/page/getevaluated). If I am correct, I don't believe in any rankings at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Her stance is really good in net. Allows her to kind of leap out and attack the ball like a cheetah and smother it. Reminds me of Caylee Waters but with quicker cat like reflexes
her very low stance will cause her problems against more experienced shooter in college. fakes on high shots will get out of position, also needs to stay on her feet more. she tends to jump for a shot. once they get her to a more balanced stance she will be even better. she is probably the best of the 23's .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this turned into a goalie discussion; here are a few dumbs questions regarding women(men also) lacrosse goalies. The space to the side of the hips and knees account for a large percentage of collegiate goals. I see these girls being taught to get the stick head down below their waists and also all the way to the ground. The current skill level and shot speeds are making some shots practically impossible to stop. Why is the bottom hand on the stick not taught to be a simple blocker to deflect shots on the right side? My other observation is how many straight on bounce shots work, there is time to simply block those with your body like a catcher in baseball. I know goalies are taught to go to the ball with their bodies, but It seems to me the stick head is still to often the primary hammerhead being used make particular saves despite have to travel the most distance. The goal is to block the shot, not catch it in the stick from a relative outsiders perspective.

That Colorado girl looks like a hybrid lacrosse/ice hockey goalie. She looks ready to pouch before she throws her body at the ball combined with a super quick stick. I think it's why see seems to stand out above the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

Have your Club Director or even your HS Coach reach out to see if they have any interest at all.

Agree here. See if you can get your club director/coach to get a read on her. Have they ever watched her play and is so, why don't they have interest? Is there something specific about her play? size? running mechanics? stick skills? speed? parents? that is causing them to not be interested? If they say they need to see her play more, that might just be a play to get her to camp. You want specifics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the 2023 player rankings

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading through these posts made me look at the current 2023 player rankings. I hope that I am wrong but does Inside Lacrosse develop their rankings solely by video submissions that you need to pay for? (https://www.insidelacrosse.com/page/getevaluated). If I am correct, I don't believe in any rankings at this point.

Yes, and pay to play events like Elite 8 and ID. They also look at where the girls have committed. The boys side does it much better. If you look at the IL website, you wouldn’t even know that girls play lacrosse based on the lack of attention they get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

May I ask, is your daughter receiving any interest from coaches at schools that are of similar caliber to school you are talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and pay to play events like Elite 8 and ID. They also look at where the girls have committed. The boys side does it much better. If you look at the IL website, you wouldn’t even know that girls play lacrosse based on the lack of attention they get.

No, that is not how IL comes up with player rankings. They watch the players play at the tournaments that the top teams are at was well as committed academy and UA underclass tournament. In the past, their Young Gun Senior Rankings (top 40) have been very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another big commit for TG to Loyola

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, that is not how IL comes up with player rankings. They watch the players play at the tournaments that the top teams are at was well as committed academy and UA underclass tournament. In the past, their Young Gun Senior Rankings (top 40) have been very good.

IL started years ago ranking the Top 30 then increased it to Top 40 and I believe for 1 year they did Top 50. It looks like they dropped it to 30 for the 2021's and to 20 for the 2022's. I do not believe that they have put out ranking for the 2023's. In the past, If a player did not play for a top club team at the top tournaments or if they did not play in the UA Underclass games it was obviously harder for IL to see them play. The rankings have been pretty good over the years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IL started years ago ranking the Top 30 then increased it to Top 40 and I believe for 1 year they did Top 50. It looks like they dropped it to 30 for the 2021's and to 20 for the 2022's. I do not believe that they have put out ranking for the 2023's. In the past, If a player did not play for a top club team at the top tournaments or if they did not play in the UA Underclass games it was obviously harder for IL to see them play. The rankings have been pretty good over the years.

Got a little more complicated this year with many top players choosing American Select. IL also adding the invite event ID Experience and stated it would be used for rankings. Pay to play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Below is cut and paste from the women's thread, they are talking about the 2016 Under Armour Senior All-Americans (just about every player that was ranked in the Top 30 by Inside Lacrosse also earned UA AA, Inside Lacrosse does a good job).

----- "There are always people on here saying: "Many of these "top recruits" will not turn into top college players" or something similar "they will never see the field" "they will disappear in college" etc... It is simply not true at all, it has been documented many times on BOC how the Top Recruits (Inside Lacrosse top 40 young gun seniors, Under Armour Senior All-Americans) do in college and in general the large majority do very well.

Here we go again...

- 2016 Under Armour Senior All-American Girls

- 48 Players

- 41 developed into Starters / Regulars playing every game.

- There were at least 22 All-Conference players

- There were at least 15 All-Americans.

- There were at least 15 Team Captains.

- There were 3-5 players that had an injury that affected or ended career.

- There were 4-5 players that were reserve players for their entire career, they did not see much playing time.

Despite the narrative that "top recruits will disappear in college", the reality is that the large majority go on to have very successful college careers at many of the very best college programs.

Keep in mind that the majority of these players go to the best programs, if you work your way into playing every game at a Top 10 program you are doing pretty well and would likely be a "star" at just about all other programs.

I choose this group because I am very familiar with this class and they have all gone through their full college career." ---

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Below is cut and paste from the women's thread, they are talking about the 2016 Under Armour Senior All-Americans (just about every player that was ranked in the Top 30 by Inside Lacrosse also earned UA AA, Inside Lacrosse does a good job).

----- "There are always people on here saying: "Many of these "top recruits" will not turn into top college players" or something similar "they will never see the field" "they will disappear in college" etc... It is simply not true at all, it has been documented many times on BOC how the Top Recruits (Inside Lacrosse top 40 young gun seniors, Under Armour Senior All-Americans) do in college and in general the large majority do very well.

Here we go again...

- 48 Players

- There were 4-5 players that were reserve players for their entire career, they did not see much playing time.

Despite the narrative that "top recruits will disappear in college", the reality is that the large majority go on to have very successful college careers at many of the very best college programs.

Keep in mind that the majority of these players go to the best programs, if you work your way into playing every game at a Top 10 program you are doing pretty well and would likely be a "star" at just about all other programs.

I choose this group because I am very familiar with this class and they have all gone through their full college career." ---

Please get off this thread. This is useless information! It's 2021, not 2016. Much has changed! Go worry about you college daughter and stop copying other posts. This is not relevant to the discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! YJB Goalie committed to Stanford, While YJA Goalie commits to UMass. Great for both, but further justifies the frustration with the YJ teams at this age group. Something strange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! YJB Goalie committed to Stanford, While YJA Goalie commits to UMass. Great for both, but further justifies the frustration with the YJ teams at this age group. Something strange

Not necessarily. Stanford is a very expensive school not to mention it’s on the West Coast. Could the YJA family afford that if they weren’t offered substantial scholarship money? Did UMass offer them more scholarship money also no travel across the country to see their daughter play? Who knows what went into their decision making but I guarantee it’s not as simple as you think it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duh. Maybe has to do with grades? And, what the players want to go to school for, logistics , etc . Not everyone is cut out for Stanford! Or, maybe not everyone wants to go to Stanford, even with good grades. To each their own, congrats to both and good luck!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

- 48 Players

Please get off this thread. This is useless information! It's 2021, not 2016. Much has changed! Go worry about you college daughter and stop copying other posts. This is not relevant to the discussion.

Someone asked how IL evaluated… and then stated that they didn’t believe in any rankings…

I think the information provided explains to some degree how IL does their rankings and also points out that the rankings are usually pretty good.

Why is that so offensive to you? No need to answer, we already know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duh. Maybe has to do with grades? And, what the players want to go to school for, logistics , etc . Not everyone is cut out for Stanford! Or, maybe not everyone wants to go to Stanford, even with good grades. To each their own, congrats to both and good luck!!

All together now… coaches recruit players not teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, they recruit players. Too often College coaches are weary on some players because they trust too much in the clubs team structures and player placement within the club. This is great to see because unfortunately on the YJ teams (and other clubs) some players get hurt by having their talents judged by coaches, and directors with agendas and favors to pay back, many deserving players are not properly placed on a team/line/position or promoted by the club. Many “just decent” players get blown up and promoted because of the friends and favors and sadly so many players just as good, get shorted. Goalie is probably the toughest position because there is only room for two. The college coaches are a much better judge of what they are looking for in players and it is great to see a player’s talents shine through and overcome the handicap or ceiling placed on them by the club. Congrats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

- 48 Players

Yeah, lets get back to bashing Clubs, Colleges, Teams, Coaches, Directors, Lists, Player Rankings, UA, AS, etc...

BTW, the information seem pretty relevant to the discussion, it is especially relevant in response to the original post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got a little more complicated this year with many top players choosing American Select. IL also adding the invite event ID Experience and stated it would be used for rankings. Pay to play!

Everything is pay to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again...

- 48 Players

Wow, what went wrong in your life? It appears that you have some anger and control issues, nobody appointed you arbiter and people are free to post what they want. I sincerely hope that you have not passed your negative traits on to your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus UMass is actually a good school and lacrosse program! UMass used to offer some automatic merit money to out of state students above a certain test score/GPA threshold. That stacked with athletic money can make it very attractive financially. Sheesh, it's not like one committed to Stanford and the other committed to one of the lowest ranked D1 programs at a school hardly anyone has heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, they recruit players. Too often College coaches are weary on some players because they trust too much in the clubs team structures and player placement within the club. This is great to see because unfortunately on the YJ teams (and other clubs) some players get hurt by having their talents judged by coaches, and directors with agendas and favors to pay back, many deserving players are not properly placed on a team/line/position or promoted by the club. Many “just decent” players get blown up and promoted because of the friends and favors and sadly so many players just as good, get shorted. Goalie is probably the toughest position because there is only room for two. The college coaches are a much better judge of what they are looking for in players and it is great to see a player’s talents shine through and overcome the handicap or ceiling placed on them by the club. Congrats!

Here we go again with the "friends and family" "many deserving players" ....

How many times have we read this on here? We have also read many times that "the only list that matters is the college coaches list". The recruiting process sorts most of the nonsense out, college coaches watch the players play and the make offers to the players that they like (the players that they believe can help their program win). It is not one coach watching players, it's all of them and they know what they are looking for. Every situation is different, we never really know the circumstances surrounding every commitment . At the end of the day, the coaches at the top programs obviously do a very good job at identifying the players who they believe to be the best. If the coaches were wrong often, we would see a lot more parity in DI women's lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again with the "friends and family" "many deserving players" ....

How many times have we read this on here? We have also read many times that "the only list that matters is the college coaches list". The recruiting process sorts most of the nonsense out, college coaches watch the players play and the make offers to the players that they like (the players that they believe can help their program win). It is not one coach watching players, it's all of them and they know what they are looking for. Every situation is different, we never really know the circumstances surrounding every commitment . At the end of the day, the coaches at the top programs obviously do a very good job at identifying the players who they believe to be the best. If the coaches were wrong often, we would see a lot more parity in DI women's lacrosse.

Interesting that none of the friends and family girls on YJA were recruited despite the shenanigans to keep those girls in the spotlight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said Jesters only had one good 23...they now have kids going to Jacksonville, Syracuse, BC, Loyola, and Umass. Pretty impressive list of 23s so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the top player at Skywalkers commit yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus UMass is actually a good school and lacrosse program! UMass used to offer some automatic merit money to out of state students above a certain test score/GPA threshold. That stacked with athletic money can make it very attractive financially. Sheesh, it's not like one committed to Stanford and the other committed to one of the lowest ranked D1 programs at a school hardly anyone has heard of.
But at the end of the day, does it matter if someone committed to "one of the lowest ranked D1 programs at a school hardly anyone has heard of"? What a comment!!! NO ONE has any idea of what happens behind closed doors when they make their decisions. There are MANY factors that go in to making THEIR decision. Money, playing time, destination of school, etc. I'm so over reading that players have to go to a "top" school for it to mean anything. The fact that these girls are playing D1 ("top" or "lowest") is a accomplishment in itself. Period. Get over yourself and YOUR expectations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that depends on who you are talking about. Yes, unless you are talking about the girl ranked #2 by Lacrosse Magazine, then no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 6 players at sky walkers are recruited now. They were the 6 best players on the team. I wouldn't say one was better than another they were all solid players going into Sept 1st. You can see they all went to pretty good lacrosse schools for one or the other reasons. 1 to Princeton, 2 to Duke, 1 to Maryland, 1 to Georgetown and 1 to Northwestern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 6 players at sky walkers are recruited now. They were the 6 best players on the team. I wouldn't say one was better than another they were all solid players going into Sept 1st. You can see they all went to pretty good lacrosse schools for one or the other reasons. 1 to Princeton, 2 to Duke, 1 to Maryland, 1 to Georgetown and 1 to Northwestern.
I thought the top Skywalkers player is from CO and hasn't committed yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the top tier recruits have pretty much committed, it looks like UNC will have the best recruiting class for 2023's. All 6 of them look like studs. BC didn't need much for this class and then it averages out after that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One commited to Stanford the other UMass Lowell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the top tier recruits have pretty much committed, it looks like UNC will have the best recruiting class for 2023's. All 6 of them look like studs. BC didn't need much for this class and then it averages out after that.

Pro teams wait 3 years before they assess their draft picks. You are ready to anoint the best recruit class without anyone stepping onto a college lacrosse field. Do you think your assessment is a tad premature?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pro teams wait 3 years before they assess their draft picks. You are ready to anoint the best recruit class without anyone stepping onto a college lacrosse field. Do you think your assessment is a tad premature?

Of course they don’t. Haven’t you read the nonsense on here by the buffoons on here who think they know who all of the best players are? It’s very amusing reading what these clowns write.

Page 20 of 34 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard