BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 34 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
She is the best 2023 player period……

Chill - lax Dad, there are many top 23 players! Very strong class!

Have you seen her play? She is far better than the next group of goalies, she plays at an elite level already. There are 100 good righty attackers and not much gap between top 10-20. Best player in my opinion is the one that distinguishes themselves far about their piers. I know it hurts when it is somewhere from Colorado but take the daddy goggles off and stop drinking you NY whine.

What about that 23’ Grizzly player!!? She’s a standout ! Have you seen her play?

She is solid for sure, probably the best attacker. Why didn’t she make the NTDP? Anybody know?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you seen her play? She is far better than the next group of goalies, she plays at an elite level already. There are 100 good righty attackers and not much gap between top 10-20. Best player in my opinion is the one that distinguishes themselves far about their piers. I know it hurts when it is somewhere from Colorado but take the daddy goggles off and stop drinking you NY whine.

What about that 23’ Grizzly player!!? She’s a standout ! Have you seen her play?

23' Grizzly player is definitely the best in the class. She has dominated all these "top" LI clubs and every national all star tournament she's been in since 8th grade. After her it's a toss up. The 23' YJ girl and 23' Jester girl that committed to BC and the Monster Elite girl going to Syracuse are gonna up there.

Agree with the Grizzlies girl, not the others. There are a few others from LI just as talented, and a bunch others from, NJ, PA, and MD that could all go into that second spot. Splitting hairs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT Grizzlies I think are the winners:

UNC

Princeton

Harvard

Stanford

Dartmouth (2)

Cornell

Navy

UVA

Richmond

Syracuse

Michigan (2)

Grizzlies have done very well, but this was comparing LI teams. But since you brought it up, Michigan, Richmond, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Navy although excellent schools, they’re not top 20 lacrosse programs. I think the prize is to get into a top academic and lacrosse school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is solid for sure, probably the best attacker. Why didn’t she make the NTDP? Anybody know?

It's pay to play. Not all girls are interested in every money grab out there. Some want to wait until it is an invite only event not based on a donation. Like the U19 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may be the prize for the player that is a tip top student and wants an Ivy school and can handle that. Many of these players are very good students and top of the heap players but an Ivy or almost Ivy is not what they want. That’s a demerit for them ? Less of a “prize”? Come on. Everyone has different boxes to check off. Look at the talent going to Fla and Cuse so far for example. I don’t know the out of staters. But the LI kids headed there are in the top tier players out of LI. Everyone has their own story. How about the $$ part? Take the big $ offers and go to lesser tier academic undergrad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC

Princeton

Harvard

Stanford

Dartmouth (2)

Cornell

Navy

UVA

Richmond

Syracuse

Michigan (2)

Grizzlies have done very well, but this was comparing LI teams. But since you brought it up, Michigan, Richmond, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Navy although excellent schools, they’re not top 20 lacrosse programs. I think the prize is to get into a top academic and lacrosse school.

The prize is top academic and lacrosse school? for what their professional womens lacrosse career? Cmon!! As a LI parent, that list is impressive no matter how you slice it and to try to disparage it is ridiculous! those young ladies are setting themselves up for life with their choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies have done very well, but this was comparing LI teams. But since you brought it up, Michigan, Richmond, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, Navy although excellent schools, they’re not top 20 lacrosse programs. I think the prize is to get into a top academic and lacrosse school.[/quote]

And those would be….? Thoughts?

Princeton
Penn
Duke
Northwestern
Hopkins
Stanford
Notre Dame

UVA?
Georgetown?
Dartmouth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC

Princeton

Harvard

Stanford

Dartmouth (2)

Cornell

Navy

UVA

Richmond

Syracuse

Michigan (2)

“Comparing LI teams”?… Long Island will be lucky if 20 players commit to perineal Top 20 Programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may be the prize for the player that is a tip top student and wants an Ivy school and can handle that. Many of these players are very good students and top of the heap players but an Ivy or almost Ivy is not what they want. That’s a demerit for them ? Less of a “prize”? Come on. Everyone has different boxes to check off. Look at the talent going to Fla and Cuse so far for example. I don’t know the out of staters. But the LI kids headed there are in the top tier players out of LI. Everyone has their own story. How about the $$ part? Take the big $ offers and go to lesser tier academic undergrad.

Yes, this. Not every family can afford every college option or qualify for enough need based aid generously available at ivies. One of my kids was recruited by a couple top lax ivies and had grades/SAT to get into any school as an athlete. Chose a non-ivy for multiple reasons. Both of my kids in college are getting a good education at affordable public universities. Their scholarships and choosing schools with total cost about half of an ivy or pricey private means no loans for us and we can now help them with their graduate school plans.

The most important thing is for players to pick a school for the right reasons, and those reasons vary for every player/family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pay to play. Not all girls are interested in every money grab out there. Some want to wait until it is an invite only event not based on a donation. Like the U19 team

She didn’t try out. U had to pay for try out. Kids that made it play free next weekend travel cost and lodging and gear all paid to represent ur country.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not the top LI players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOPKINS starting to get some commits. Saw 2 yesterday. One from DC and one from Oregon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question. I think she was injured for awhile, but came back well before the combine. Maybe she pulled out? Now that i think about it, there are alot of curious ommissions from that list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island has a very impressive list of girls this year! Congrats to all the 2023's that went through a lot to get the final reward!!

UNC, BC, Duke, NU, Stanford, and many more great programs not located in the traditional hot beds are only getting stronger as the sport grows. They have always had to recruit away from campus and it's how they have always done business. It's amazing the NC schools created such strong lacrosse brands without much, if any local talent. Maryland is the obvious team that needs to expand their recruiting. Lets just enjoy the growth of the game and great schools adding the sport and creating more opportunities. I really think the sport of lacrosse is going to explode in the next 15 years. I'm fairly new to it, but it will not take 50 years like soccer did in the United States.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island has a very impressive list of girls this year! Congrats to all the 2023's that went through a lot to get the final reward!!

UNC, BC, Duke, NU, Stanford, and many more great programs not located in the traditional hot beds are only getting stronger as the sport grows. They have always had to recruit away from campus and it's how they have always done business. It's amazing the NC schools created such strong lacrosse brands without much, if any local talent. Maryland is the obvious team that needs to expand their recruiting. Lets just enjoy the growth of the game and great schools adding the sport and creating more opportunities. I really think the sport of lacrosse is going to explode in the next 15 years. I'm fairly new to it, but it will not take 50 years like soccer did in the United States.

So, the winningest program in the history of the sport needs to expand their recruiting? Maryland seems to be able to consistently identify (and get) the players that they (the coaches) believe will help the program be successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched Rutgers beat Maryland in NJ this year and they barely beat Rutgers in College Park. How many times has that happened in the history of the winning program in history? Their roster has been all Maryland girls in the past and it has served them great. I'm looking forward. Keep living in the past if your a proud turtle. How strong is the Maryland brand outside of Maryland?? I'm sure Cathy Reese knows it and is doing something about it, but she is playing catch up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched Rutgers beat Maryland in NJ this year and they barely beat Rutgers in College Park. How many times has that happened in the history of the winning program in history? Their roster has been all Maryland girls in the past and it has served them great. I'm looking forward. Keep living in the past if your a proud turtle. How strong is the Maryland brand outside of Maryland?? I'm sure Cathy Reese knows it and is doing something about it, but she is playing catch up.

Maryland brought in 8 freshman this year 2 from NY, 2 from NJ and 4 from MD.

The Terps also brought in 5 Transfers (Penn, Princeton, Hopkins, North Carolina, Albany) 2 from NY, 1 from PA, 1 from Canada I believe and 1 from MD.

8 of the 13 new faces are not from MD…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Terps also brought in 5 Transfers (Penn, Princeton, Hopkins, North Carolina, Albany) 2 from NY, 1 from PA, 1 from Canada I believe and 1 from MD.

Last year Maryland brought in 7 freshman…
2 from NY, 1 from PA, 1 from NJ and 3 from MD….

Over the past two years 13 of 20 recruits were not from MD…

The numbers do not support arguments..,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number support the argument perfectly that top talent is not all in Maryland. The next few years will determine "how strong is the Maryland brand outside of Maryland". It's easy to get recruits, but are they the best recruit to live up to the winningest programs in history?? Maryland is playing catch up to recruiting outside of Maryland just like what was stated previously.

I'm not anti Maryland(Cathy Reese is a terrific person), it's a different recruiting world than it was 5 years ago and some teams are better equipped to compete in my humble opinion.

I would bet on the ACC being the dominant conference over the Big 10 going forward, but that is cyclical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, the winningest program in the history of the sport needs to expand their recruiting? Maryland seems to be able to consistently identify (and get) the players that they (the coaches) believe will help the program be successful.

They’ve been looking much more weak the last couple years. Other programs have surpassed them. They are not getting the top recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After MD's 2018 National Championship over BC both teams were decimated with graduating talent. Both teams lost 2/3's of their starters many of which were AA level players - ie Sam Appuzzo. Both teams struggled tremendously in the short 2019 Covid season even more than people expected (even with CN being at BC). BC obviously bounced back stronger than ever in 2020 in part due to their young talent. MD to the surprise of everyone did not bounce back. I'm not certain what exactly the reason is. Are more MD players looking to play outside of the state? Has the talent level in MD dropped a bit? For the longest time top MD talent - (ie. Cummings, Whittle, etc) were thrilled to simply stay at home and automatically be part of a title run. MD also had the great advantage of offering in state tuition to its home grown talent. It was their depth as much as their high end talent that made them unbeatable for so many years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After MD's 2018 National Championship over BC both teams were decimated with graduating talent. Both teams lost 2/3's of their starters many of which were AA level players - ie Sam Appuzzo. Both teams struggled tremendously in the short 2019 Covid season even more than people expected (even with CN being at BC). BC obviously bounced back stronger than ever in 2020 in part due to their young talent. MD to the surprise of everyone did not bounce back. I'm not certain what exactly the reason is. Are more MD players looking to play outside of the state? Has the talent level in MD dropped a bit? For the longest time top MD talent - (ie. Cummings, Whittle, etc) were thrilled to simply stay at home and automatically be part of a title run. MD also had the great advantage of offering in state tuition to its home grown talent. It was their depth as much as their high end talent that made them unbeatable for so many years.

People are funny… pretty sure Maryland will be just fine….

I think they finished the season ranked 9th or 10th last year and some of you think the program has gone down the tube. Good grief .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland brought in 5 very good transfers:

Penn - All-American, All-Ivy attack

Hopkins - All-American, All-Big 10 attack ... 182 points in her career .

Albany - All-America East, AE Defensive Player of the year.

North Carolina - Under Armour All-American Senior. Inside Lacrosse #13 Recruit.

Princeton - Under Armour All-American Senior. Inside Lacrosse #17 Recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they finished the season ranked 9th or 10th last year and some of you think the program has gone down the tube. Good grief .
I mean..compared to where they used to be they have certainly declined. you can't argue againt that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean..compared to where they used to be they have certainly declined. you can't argue againt that.

Yes, I think that about sums it up. And they have no real chance this year either. Too much better talent elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NCAA decision to allow transfers was not a good one. My daughter is a 2024 but I feel so bad for all of the 2022s and 2023s that aren't getting the chance to play in college because of spots being taken up by 5th and 6th year players. Those girls lost part of their High School careers and now aren't even getting the chance to play in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the time the 2023s arrive the older girls will be gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019s are the last class to be automatically given an extra year due to Covid, so a few of them could potentially be around for the Freshman year of the 2023's.

It's the 20's and 21's I worry about a little more - between fifth years and transfers there is a risk of a lot of roster spots being taken all through their careers!

But as I tell my daughter, "it is your coaches job to win as best they can, with the best players they can get. its your job to only worry about playing to your best ability and knowing that you gave it everything you had".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I think that about sums it up. And they have no real chance this year either. Too much better talent elsewhere

Yes, thanks for summing it all up…. You have no idea what will happen this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the time the 2023s arrive the older girls will be gone.

No they won’t. Ivies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NCAA decision to allow transfers was not a good one. My daughter is a 2024 but I feel so bad for all of the 2022s and 2023s that aren't getting the chance to play in college because of spots being taken up by 5th and 6th year players. Those girls lost part of their High School careers and now aren't even getting the chance to play in college.

This couldn’t be more true. So many 22’s won’t even get the opportunity to play in college at all. If you look at the overall number of commits from the laxbytes/laxpower site, the impact is in black and white:

Girls:
2020: 3,445 commits
2021: 2,659 commits (77% of pre-5th year level)
2022: 1,703 commits (49.4% of pre-5th year level)
2023: too early to tell

Obviously there will be a few more 22 commits but with the focus now on the 23’s, the 22 class is filled for most colleges at this point. At this point, the 22 recruit class lost half the roster spot opportunities compared to years past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 of the past 3 National Champions were given “no real change” JMU in 2018 and Boston College in 2021 and yet they won. Imagine that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The UNC commit is the best goalie. Fast in close, making the impossible - possible. Solid on free positions. Commands the field. Great handle with perfect clears. I don't know if she's the best 2023 overall, but she is the best goalie. Anyone who says differently either has never seen her play, doesn't know what they're looking at, or can't admit when someone is better than their daughter. Grizzlys and Skywalkers are very good. This girl is in another class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The UNC commit is the best goalie. Fast in close, making the impossible - possible. Solid on free positions. Commands the field. Great handle with perfect clears. I don't know if she's the best 2023 overall, but she is the best goalie. Anyone who says differently either has never seen her play, doesn't know what they're looking at, or can't admit when someone is better than their daughter. Grizzlys and Skywalkers are very good. This girl is in another class.

Thanks for the update dad. Glad to see you believe in your daughter, but you are a little delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop your are embarrassing yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This couldn’t be more true. So many 22’s won’t even get the opportunity to play in college at all. If you look at the overall number of commits from the laxbytes/laxpower site, the impact is in black and white:

Girls:
2020: 3,445 commits
2021: 2,659 commits (77% of pre-5th year level)
2022: 1,703 commits (49.4% of pre-5th year level)
2023: too early to tell

Obviously there will be a few more 22 commits but with the focus now on the 23’s, the 22 class is filled for most colleges at this point. At this point, the 22 recruit class lost half the roster spot opportunities compared to years past.

Not sure that the data is accurate .... do we really believe that 1,700+ players took a 5th year?

The transfer portal and the additional year of eligibility definitely make it more difficult for recruits but the numbers seem a bit extreme to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 25’swill be in high demand, once the fifth years get out of the way. It’s not like you can call back additional 22’s and 23’s from retirement to fill rosters .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The commit numbers you post are misleading due to timing and lower division recruits (e.g. D3) committed at this point (or lack of).

By my count, there are :
- roughly 1100 D1 commits in the class of 2020,
- roughly 1050 in the class of 2021 so far (count will increase as all 2022 college rosters are posted), and
- roughly 1000 in the class of 2022 so far (they are still trickling in).

Bottom line - for D1 in total, very marginal impact. Now I would posit that a number of the top programs are taking a few less recruits, and there is more space as you go further down the pecking order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

Have your Club Director or even your HS Coach reach out to see if they have any interest at all.

Page 19 of 34 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard