BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 251 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone got a recap on the Apex PLL Youth Games in MD this weekend? Any standouts?

I spied Hawks, WCS, BBL, and Igloo helmets on their social media. Hawks kid was MVP.

$800 trophy

I can’t imagine the joy mom and dad get from buying a trophy for Johnny who is playing against kids who are younger, then come on a message board to try a humble brag. Nice!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid is a holdback it’s not his fault the rules allow. But if you know you are on a team with majority holdbacks and you beat teams with majority on age...you do have to think about that as a parent of the holdback teams, does it really feel legit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone got a recap on the Apex PLL Youth Games in MD this weekend? Any standouts?

I did hear that despite the sales pitch of 6 teams @ 2028, they ended up fielding 14 teams @ 2028, primarily out of staters (which Apex reps had said was a focus for them this year......not trying to have 6 teams of MD Elite and AAA kids @ each age who already know each other and know the coaches).

So the competition wasn’t that good?

Was great competition actually. Lotsa studs showed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spied Hawks, WCS, BBL, and Igloo helmets on their social media. Hawks kid was MVP.

$800 trophy

I can’t imagine the joy mom and dad get from buying a trophy for Johnny who is playing against kids who are younger, then come on a message board to try a humble brag. Nice!

Wait, the mvp was a holdback? Also, who cares. Why bash people you don’t even know about an event you didn’t attend. Guess that’s the BOTC way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid wasn't a holdback. He'd been playing up on 2027 and came back on class year. This was covered about 50 pages ago on this thread. This gets tiring. Quit the Hawks hating. Quit calling out specific kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$800 trophy

Wait, the mvp was a holdback? Also, who cares. Why bash people you don’t even know about an event you didn’t attend. Guess that’s the BOTC way

Event was not my cup of tea but to each his own. Adults should not call out players anonymously, pure cowardice and the worst aspect of BOTC. If you ever get the urge, just think of your 6th grade son getting called out by an adult stranger and how creepy that is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid wasn't a holdback. He'd been playing up on 2027 and came back on class year. This was covered about 50 pages ago on this thread. This gets tiring. Quit the Hawks hating. Quit calling out specific kids.

Pretty easy to figure it out. Did he change grades and when was he born? I don’t know but those are pretty black and white things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$800 trophy

Event was not my cup of tea but to each his own. Adults should not call out players anonymously, pure cowardice and the worst aspect of BOTC. If you ever get the urge, just think of your 6th grade son getting called out by an adult stranger and how creepy that is.

That’s almost as creepy as parents coming on here talking about how good their kids did but doing it in the 3rd person while fishing for compliments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$800 trophy

My six grade son is religiously playing Apex Legends and does not know this forum exists, much less does he care what anyone writes on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have no idea about this player, but this sounds like classic holdback reasoning, " He is playing up " which in holdback talk is, He is playing at his age ( hilarious) but now is playing "on his class year" ,,,which translate for common sense people, He is actually playing down against younger players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have no idea about this player, but this sounds like classic holdback reasoning, " He is playing up " which in holdback talk is, He is playing at his age ( hilarious) but now is playing "on his class year" ,,,which translate for common sense people, He is actually playing down against younger players.

Stfu crybaby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could use some therapy and parenting lessons. Anyone who starts a comment by saying, "I don't know this player" or "I don't have any stake in this argument" clearly knows the player and has a stake in the argument. The kid can flat out play. Great vision and toughness. Apex was a chance for kids to come together and have fun playing in a different setting with their PLL heroes. Who cares who won or didn't win? Insecure, needle-wiener parents ruin everything. Let the kids play and enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know this kid and his family? You should not be here commenting on 12 year old boys. What a creeper.

Pardon me— 11 year old boys, for the holdback lunatics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol at the holdback chastisement AND the holdback defenders.

Who cares either way.

Lacrosse should be aged based. It’s not. May or may not change.

Just play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know this kid and his family? You should not be here commenting on 12 year old boys. What a creeper.

Isn’t everyone on a boys 2028 forum by definition commenting on 11/12 year olds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This hit a big nerve with the holdback crowd. Its 13 not 11 in holdback talk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares either way.

Just play.
USL is in the process of changing it back to age-based right now.
Stay tuned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could use some therapy and parenting lessons. Anyone who starts a comment by saying, "I don't know this player" or "I don't have any stake in this argument" clearly knows the player and has a stake in the argument. The kid can flat out play. Great vision and toughness. Apex was a chance for kids to come together and have fun playing in a different setting with their PLL heroes. Who cares who won or didn't win? Insecure, needle-wiener parents ruin everything. Let the kids play and enjoy it.

Thanks Dad, Might want to use your own advise. Coming on here claiming you know what people think and acting like some random parent is how you say,,,crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares either way.

Just play.
Stay tuned.

I doubt it. They are all talk, no action. Ruled by clubs and based in holdback central Baltimore, prognosis negative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When should the usyl rankings come out for the 28s? Do they wait until spring?

Can’t wait for the posts on how terrible they will be - big fun ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares either way.

Just play.
Stay tuned.

I doubt it. They are all talk, no action. Ruled by clubs and based in holdback central Baltimore, prognosis negative.

We need a Maryland dad type guy to list all the owners of usl, wsyl, tournaments and clubs etc. and then lay out the ties that bind or the money trail. Would be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has something to do with US Clublax for sure. They’ve “partnered” on tourneys.

91 owns MYlacrossetourneys.com or whatever it is

Hoganlax +Hawks.

I feel like 91 def has something to do with the WSYL also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has something to do with US Clublax for sure. They’ve “partnered” on tourneys.

Hoganlax +Hawks.

And All loaded with holdbacks who make their clubs what they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoganlax +Hawks.

3/4 are correct.

The only thing 91 has to do with the WSYL is 91 LI has won the most championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stfu crybaby

Is that the best you’ve got? The truth hurts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad, Might want to use your own advise. Coming on here claiming you know what people think and acting like some random parent is how you say,,,crazy.

Somebody hit a nerve!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody hit a nerve!

I agree, The holdbacks get all upset when they are called out. Its hilarious watching them make one lame excuse after another or some logic that makes you say ...what???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody hit a nerve!

I agree, The holdbacks get all upset when they are called out. Its hilarious watching them make one lame excuse after another or some logic that makes you say ...what???

Nobody is making excuses. We’re just tired of hearing you cry so much. There’s likely a correlation between how much people cry and how bad their sons are. Just let them play. Oh, and download grammerly. You’re a terrible writer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the guy who had to hold his son back and make excuses!

No respect for guys who play their kids down then brag about how good they are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait for tournaments to get rolling so the holdback complainers/apologists and both put a sock in it.

Sheesh guys who cares either way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the guy who had to hold his son back and make excuses!

No respect for guys who play their kids down then brag about how good they are!

I see zero bragging on here and the only excuses I see are from the crybabies whining about holdbacks. Is there a better place for people to go who just want to discuss or read about lacrosse? Am I the only one who's tired of having to sift through all the crying while waiting for Bored Dad to make another post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdback dad here. I'm not apologizing or bragging about how good my kid is. He likes to play lacrosse. He's not the best or the worst. Started in 4th grade. Not particularly big. Missed the September 1 "cutoff" by about five weeks. I have no remorse or feelings about his age and I could care less if you think my 12-year old 6th grader is cheating. If you want to take something away from him because you feel otherwise then have at it. It's sports; a bunch of kids in helmets with sticks throwing a ball and playing a game. None of this will ever matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody hit a nerve!

Somebody hit a nerve!

Our holdbacks are better than your holdbacks. So there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait for tournaments to get rolling so the holdback complainers/apologists and both put a sock in it.

I predict you will care more in about 2 years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody hit a nerve!

Nobody is making excuses. We’re just tired of hearing you cry so much. There’s likely a correlation between how much people cry and how bad their sons are. Just let them play. Oh, and download grammerly. You’re a terrible writer!

Gammerly? Hilarious. Do you see what you wrote? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that USCL was run by some (former) 91 dads. Not sure if that’s valid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I “care” now that there is a chance some 15 turning 16 year old could take my on age 8th graders position in two years.

But I do not care to spam BOTC with it incessantly - as there is no value.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that USCL was run by some (former) 91 dads. Not sure if that’s valid.

USCL is the guy in his basement that does the rankings and they do have connections with big clubs like 91, Express and Madlax. USL is the governing body (US lacrosse) based in Sparks, MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son isn’t a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I “care” now that there is a chance some 15 turning 16 year old could take my on age 8th graders position in two years.

But I do not care to spam BOTC with it incessantly - as there is no value.

The value comes in, by hoping the US Lacrosse organization would hear the parents complaints and would change the rules to “on age” at the youth levels. Like so many other sports. Stop the early advantage. Give the kids a chance to develop on even playing field.

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 251 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard