BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 72 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That’s debatable. No one will know though. The 2023 class as a whole could be a little weaker?

2 years post pandemic could be worse because of the learnings after year 1?

Transfer portal is much more active now , than it was last year around September of 2020.

All of these things could be true .

I tell you what though… if a nj club program can commit 6-8 kids to high level programs in Sept/October/November.

That’s pretty darn good, no?

Not really. The top 7-8 kids were ALWAYS going to go to a top school. They are born that way. The true question will come with what you, the director, will be able to do with number 8-15 and then 15-25. 2022’s 15-25 are struggling to commit based upon all the above listed circumstances.

So the 2023's should be the last group to be severely affected by the the 5th year seniors. The current college juniors have a total of 3 years of eligibility remaining so in the2023's freshman year of college, the last crop of post grads will still be playing. The 24's will have a few more reclasses but from what I can tell there are only a few going around in NJ. NY, PA and Maryland probably have a lot more.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that would be good if a NJ club got 6-8 committed kids by November. The question is whether that will happen this year.

LE should have more in the next couple of weeks. Their top 2 poles are still out there.

Great for LE? but definitely not great for a NLF team. If LE is down in 2023 recruits the whole state of NJ is because that means 2023 was a class over the years they could not improve via their traditional come tryout or call us because we are LE in the NLF.

Maryland, Navy, Brown is not a normal LE year which means the other clubs are going to have tough year at 23 as well.

Look at Prime Time and Team 91 commits ...2023 is not bad years in NY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that would be good if a NJ club got 6-8 committed kids by November. The question is whether that will happen this year.

LE should have more in the next couple of weeks. Their top 2 poles are still out there.

Great for LE? but definitely not great for a NLF team. If LE is down in 2023 recruits the whole state of NJ is because that means 2023 was a class over the years they could not improve via their traditional come tryout or call us because we are LE in the NLF.

Maryland, Navy, Brown is not a normal LE year which means the other clubs are going to have tough year at 23 as well.

I’m confused. Maryland , brown and navy are legitimate programs. I’m sure more will follow shortly .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Around Morris county but will drive far. Competitive program with good communication and transparency.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Around Morris county but will drive far. Competitive program with good communication and transparency.
Mad Lax, Prime Time or Team 91 LI

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ Riot kid to Princeton!! Congrats to him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any ‘26! NJ teams or out of state that are drivable.
Those are too far.

Meanwhile my daughter has an amazing team great coaches, communication, good, loyal but competitive. I just want that for my son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are too far.

Meanwhile my daughter has an amazing team great coaches, communication, good, loyal but competitive. I just want that for my son.

I would say every team in NJ is loyal except LE. LE is loyal if you are in their top16 players that grade. However, loyalty is not great if you want to move up. I am not sure That BBL will promote any of their shore players, helix or north players. Ask BBL if they promoted any 26s this tryout. BBL is almost too loyal so they loose their good non black players. NJ riot may be different with moving up. Blue Star, Payryand Syeps are other options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are too far.

I would say every team in NJ is loyal except LE. LE is loyal if you are in their top16 players that grade. However, loyalty is not great if you want to move up. I am not sure That BBL will promote any of their shore players, helix or north players. Ask BBL if they promoted any 26s this tryout. BBL is almost too loyal so they loose their good non black players. NJ riot may be different with moving up. Blue Star, Payryand Syeps are other options.

Championship at World Series was express and tigers if you want to drive to long island or philly. sweetlax is in Rochester and express north is in CT. Towermen are in Jersey who went to quarterfinals in World Series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are too far.

Championship at World Series was express and tigers if you want to drive to long island or philly. sweetlax is in Rochester and express north is in CT. Towermen are in Jersey who went to quarterfinals in World Series.
Towermen have never put anyone in college, why would I intrust them to help my son?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are too far.

Towermen have never put anyone in college, why would I intrust them to help my son?

If they care a lot about there players and have good college connections probably the place to play. Focused on the kids development which is all that matters for next three years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m confused. Maryland , brown and navy are legitimate programs. I’m sure more will follow shortly .

Agreed, they are good commits. I think that LE does a good job getting those initial top recruits committed early so there is a lot of splash with the announcements, however, as another poster noted above, the real work is getting the other kids in the program committed, which will take some time, and the challenge faced by every club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are too far.

If they care a lot about there players and have good college connections probably the place to play. Focused on the kids development which is all that matters for next three years.

TM will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are too far.

TM will be fine.

Are Towermen parents really answering these questions? They have 1 team and they are the answer to every question on here almost. Too funny if spoofing.. Has to be a non Towermen parent trying to make them look like bad because there is no world series quarterfinals.

However, I would reach out to teams and see if they need players this year. Otherwise, tryout for a few teams in the summer. Some teams have box teams which would give you an idea about a team and they would give you feedback on your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Any ‘26! NJ teams or out of state that are drivable.
Those are too far.

Towermen have never put anyone in college, why would I intrust them to help my son?[quote]

I doubt the Towermen want, let alone need, your son

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell the Club Directors to update their 2022 commits on their websites. It seems very light for all of NJ for them and the 2023’s are now going off the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell the Club Directors to update their 2022 commits on their websites. It seems very light for all of NJ for them and the 2023’s are now going off the board.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recr...2&position=all&hometown_state=NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two more NJ kids committed, NJ Riot & 2Kinghts. Has anyone committed from BBL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was BBL pole who went Ivy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LE kid just committed to ND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top fogo in NJ from Riot who won TOC with Bosco going to Army. Kid is lights out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top fogo in NJ from Riot who won TOC with Bosco going to Army. Kid is lights out.
No doubt. A great kid too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prediction. BBL 24 and 25 class will have more D1 recruits than LE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prediction. you post the same thing next year about the 25 and 26 classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should with all the free tuition they are giving to keep their top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed on the 25&26 comment. Funny response.
24 LE might be weak as an overall team but has some pretty good individual talent. Coaching for freshman to sophomore summer hurt both the class of 23 & 24 the past two years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 LE might be weak as an overall team but has some pretty good individual talent. Coaching for freshman to sophomore summer hurt both the class of 23 & 24 the past two years.

The club you play for is far less important than people think. Everyone thinks LE and BBL have a magic wand they wave to get kids recruited. I know a bunch of 2022s who played for LE and never got recruited, when other kids were cut from that team and wound up going to mid-level D1 teams. Just find a decent club and let your kid play. They will wind up where they are supposed to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Two more NJ kids committed, NJ Riot & 2Kinghts. Has anyone committed from BBL?

The club you play for is far less important than people think. Everyone thinks LE and BBL have a magic wand they wave to get kids recruited. I know a bunch of 2022s who played for LE and never got recruited, when other kids were cut from that team and wound up going to mid-level D1 teams. Just find a decent club and let your kid play. They will wind up where they are supposed to.[/quote

Great point. I think it is better to play 2 sports well than what club you are playing for in NJ. Most kids outside top 20 in NJ have to go to ID Days to get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Two more NJ kids committed, NJ Riot & 2Kinghts. Has anyone committed from BBL?

The club you play for is far less important than people think. Everyone thinks LE and BBL have a magic wand they wave to get kids recruited. I know a bunch of 2022s who played for LE and never got recruited, when other kids were cut from that team and wound up going to mid-level D1 teams. Just find a decent club and let your kid play. They will wind up where they are supposed to.[/quote

Great point. I think it is better to play 2 sports well than what club you are playing for in NJ. Most kids outside top 20 in NJ have to go to ID Days to get recruited.
Parents and players also find that they can get into much better schools than some of the mid-level D1 schools without lacrosse. The D1 or bust is crazy. Shore Conference player of the year is playing 2 sports at a great D3 school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good points. Two things to comment on here:

As stated many times in this forum, you no longer need to be on any specific club to go to the college you hope for. ANY club will get you to a good college (Ivy League is obviously a little different). The majority of the NJ kids are already very good students; with probably a high percentage over a 3.5 GPA and most closer to a 4.0. The club you have been with will get you into the same school as any other club. There are kids up and down NJ over the past 6 years basically going to every lax school in America.

ID or Prospect Days. These are a good way for the coaching staffs at potential colleges to get familiar with the player (and for them to make some money). One of the most important things that was taught to us was to reach out early in your sophomore year and before your summer tournaments to let your top 5-7 colleges know where you are going to be playing. Build that relationship earlier. Send them the first email. Then send them the highlight reel. Then send them your schedule. Then remind them the week of where your going to be. IDENTIFY these schools based on your talent. If your #18 on your team do not reach out to Penn State!!
Disclaimer: this does not apply for the elite kids, usually the top 7 on a team. They are basically going to go where ever they choose because they are that good. And I am not saying every club in NJ has an elite top 7, some might only have a few.

Showcases. Three years ago there was like 3. Now there are over 20 and the scouts are going to most of them (Showtime, 1%, Best in Class, Iron 44, Adrenaline, APEX, Beast thing, NXT, NLF thing, Main Stage, 5 Star, etc and tons more). Apply and get into them. Even if you only get into one it might help you get seen.

Go to a school where you think you will be able to get playing time by junior year. Don't pick a school you wont play at. Look at their previous 2 years commitments to help get an idea. That is why even the elite kids change schools their senior year in HS. Who wants to go to lets say Cuse if they signed 8 attacks the last two years and your an attackman.

And these clubs carrying 25 players is ridiculous. It also impacts the overall team performance when the lower level kids have to get playing time. With so many kids playing lax now, there are not many kids in that 20-25 player range going D-1.

5 attack
6 middies
2 d middies
1 faceoff
2 lsm
5 defenders
2 goalies

Total of 23, two of which are goalies.
I think most of the Showcases only have 22 but cant be sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like LE, BBL and Tri State are all updated....we done to the Directors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As stated many times in this forum, you no longer need to be on any specific club to go to the college you hope for. ANY club will get you to a good college (Ivy League is obviously a little different). The majority of the NJ kids are already very good students; with probably a high percentage over a 3.5 GPA and most closer to a 4.0. The club you have been with will get you into the same school as any other club. There are kids up and down NJ over the past 6 years basically going to every lax school in America.

ID or Prospect Days. These are a good way for the coaching staffs at potential colleges to get familiar with the player (and for them to make some money). One of the most important things that was taught to us was to reach out early in your sophomore year and before your summer tournaments to let your top 5-7 colleges know where you are going to be playing. Build that relationship earlier. Send them the first email. Then send them the highlight reel. Then send them your schedule. Then remind them the week of where your going to be. IDENTIFY these schools based on your talent. If your #18 on your team do not reach out to Penn State!!
Disclaimer: this does not apply for the elite kids, usually the top 7 on a team. They are basically going to go where ever they choose because they are that good. And I am not saying every club in NJ has an elite top 7, some might only have a few.

Showcases. Three years ago there was like 3. Now there are over 20 and the scouts are going to most of them (Showtime, 1%, Best in Class, Iron 44, Adrenaline, APEX, Beast thing, NXT, NLF thing, Main Stage, 5 Star, etc and tons more). Apply and get into them. Even if you only get into one it might help you get seen.

Go to a school where you think you will be able to get playing time by junior year. Don't pick a school you wont play at. Look at their previous 2 years commitments to help get an idea. That is why even the elite kids change schools their senior year in HS. Who wants to go to lets say Cuse if they signed 8 attacks the last two years and your an attackman.

And these clubs carrying 25 players is ridiculous. It also impacts the overall team performance when the lower level kids have to get playing time. With so many kids playing lax now, there are not many kids in that 20-25 player range going D-1.

5 attack
6 middies
2 d middies
1 faceoff
2 lsm
5 defenders
2 goalies

Good post. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you for this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should with all the free tuition they are giving to keep their top players.

This sounds like an NCAA violation, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 attack
6 middies
2 d middies
1 faceoff
2 lsm
5 defenders
2 goalies

Informative post with actual intelligent directions. I agree with you on the fact these clubs are carrying to many kids, especially at the high school level. They are just trying to grab extra money from the bottom 5 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 attack
6 middies
2 d middies
1 faceoff
2 lsm
5 defenders
2 goalies

Informative post with actual intelligent directions. I agree with you on the fact these clubs are carrying to many kids, especially at the high school level. They are just trying to grab extra money from the bottom 5 players.

I’m not a fan of big rosters but sometimes it is necessary. Showcases might have 22 players, but they’re only worried about one day out of the year. Injuries, conflicts, etc. happen. I can’t justify a roster of 30+ but I’m not sure 25 is “ridiculous” considering how much lacrosse is being played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 attack
6 middies
2 d middies
1 faceoff
2 lsm
5 defenders
2 goalies

I’m not a fan of big rosters but sometimes it is necessary. Showcases might have 22 players, but they’re only worried about one day out of the year. Injuries, conflicts, etc. happen. I can’t justify a roster of 30+ but I’m not sure 25 is “ridiculous” considering how much lacrosse is being played.
Especially true in HS in the fall when half the roster is unavailable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 attack
6 middies
2 d middies
1 faceoff
2 lsm
5 defenders
2 goalies

Especially true in HS in the fall when half the roster is unavailable.

While it can sometimes be a burden, bigger numbers make a difference in when it is 90 degrees, humid and you are playing 3 tournament games in a day for two days each weekend. But as we all know, if the game is on the line, that bench gets very short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the big fall tournaments this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT nightfall was this past weekend, I saw Blue Star's middle school AA teams were all there and got beat up pretty bad at every level. I guess their push to help middle school did not pan out this year. This up coming weekend there's a good NJ tournament in colts neck. High schoolers start in about 2-3 weeks when colleges can visit.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 72 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard