Top 40 Ranked Fresh Just Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 10:54 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 10:40 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 10:36 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 10:34 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/19/22 10:27 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,072
Posts335,034
Members2,436
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 75 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 74 75
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #351377 10/01/21 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it possible to have to much talent on one team that it affects the recruiting process for its players ?

Why would that happen? I would think the answer is no. But I am interested in the reason for your question.

Answer: No. it will only get them more exposure.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #351378 10/01/21 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-season top 10;
Express Coach C
Sweetlax Upstate
Tigers
Towermen
Hawks
3D New England
Black Ops
Crabs
LXC
Leading Edge (dark horse)

Express North made it to the finals of the NLF this past summer. I assume they improved their roster at tryouts. Seems like they would be in the conversation.

Agree, they should be in the place of 3D on that list.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351380 10/01/21 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jersey Express beat BBL previous to World Series…Towerman didn’t even qualify.

Towermen lost in the quarters at the WS.

As did BBL and JE so what?

So what? So let's dance! Previous poster said they didn't qualify, I was pointing out they did and made the final 8.

Nice caddy shack reference. The nuk who said Towermen lost in qualifiers (they went 3-2 actually) is still sour grapes and it how well they did at the actual World Series (5-2) compare you their kid’s team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351381 10/01/21 10:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what? So let's dance! Previous poster said they didn't qualify, I was pointing out they did and made the final 8.

Nice caddy shack reference. The nuk who said Towermen lost in qualifiers (they went 3-2 actually) is still sour grapes and it how well they did at the actual World Series (5-2) compare you their kid’s team.

NCAA has teams who qualify by winning their conference tournaments and also teams who get an at large bid based on overall record and strength of schedule. World Series did it the same way this year because they wanted the best 24 teams they could get and Canada bowed out due to Covid. So saying a team didn’t qualify and still got in is fine with me.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351389 10/01/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-season top 10;
Express Coach C
Sweetlax Upstate
Tigers
Towermen
Hawks
3D New England
Black Ops
Crabs
LXC

Express North made it to the finals of the NLF this past summer. I assume they improved their roster at tryouts. Seems like they would be in the conversation.

Express North 2026 used 2025 players at NLF. Not holdbacks. True 2025 players. And some from outside their own club. Cheated. Well know, documented. Almost were removed from tournament because of it. That is not a team.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #351393 10/01/21 11:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-season top 10;
Express Coach C
Sweetlax Upstate
Tigers
Towermen
Hawks
3D New England
Black Ops
Crabs
LXC

Express North 2026 used 2025 players at NLF. Not holdbacks. True 2025 players. And some from outside their own club. Cheated. Well know, documented. Almost were removed from tournament because of it. That is not a team.

If true, they should have been disqualified.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351397 10/01/21 11:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-season top 10;
Express Coach C
Sweetlax Upstate
Tigers
Towermen
Hawks
3D New England
Black Ops
Crabs
LXC

If true, they should have been disqualified.

Yes they should have been. It was actively discussed. But the damage to the Express brand as well as the NLF must have been too much for the powers at be to disqualify, especially once they made the final. Which they did, by the way, after beating Express LI in the semis.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351404 10/01/21 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 3D New England just get spanked by Express 18-2 two weeks ago? What happened? They were claiming the were all that?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351407 10/01/21 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 3D New England just get spanked by Express 18-2 two weeks ago? What happened? They were claiming the were all that?

Maybe Express got better

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351410 10/01/21 01:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible to have to much talent on one team that it affects the recruiting process for its players ?

Why would that happen? I would think the answer is no. But I am interested in the reason for your question.

Most teams carry 24-26 kids and most club coaches will mainly play their top kids in highly competitive games . So how does this help the 10-8 players that sit on the bench get exposure?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #351429 10/01/21 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most teams carry 24-26 kids and most club coaches will mainly play their top kids in highly competitive games . So how does this help the 10-8 players that sit on the bench get exposure?

Playing time is another concern. If your son is getting meaningful minutes on a team with lots of talent then it is a positive. If your son isn’t getting meaningful minutes, he should consider moving to a team that will get him on the field more.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351493 10/03/21 05:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing time is another concern. If your son is getting meaningful minutes on a team with lots of talent then it is a positive. If your son isn’t getting meaningful minutes, he should consider moving to a team that will get him on the field more.

You also cannot underestimate the importance of club connections. Who does your coach know, and will he place a call for your son if needed?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351503 10/03/21 01:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you show me the link that says WS quarters? I thought top team each bracket in semifinals.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351504 10/03/21 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NCAA has teams who qualify by winning their conference tournaments and also teams who get an at large bid based on overall record and strength of schedule. World Series did it the same way this year because they wanted the best 24 teams they could get and Canada bowed out due to Covid. So saying a team didn’t qualify and still got in is fine with me.

Yes. With COVID some teams were lucky to get in to 24. The top 4 teams would still be in even without the hey COVID and even though you would not have made it in in a normal year you are in. The Jersey and my qualifiers was where the real competition was anyway.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351505 10/03/21 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is it possible to have to much talent on one team that it affects the recruiting process for its players ?

You also cannot underestimate the importance of club connections. Who does your coach know, and will he place a call for your son if needed?[/quote

If you are a top kid you don’t need a call. It is players 15 to 24 that need to really think about staying.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 75 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 74 75
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard