BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 73 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry to all. Unfortunately, the girls club had an awful experience with her. And friends from other team had a similar experience. I'm sure she is a sweet person, but ...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sorry to all. Unfortunately, the girls club had an awful experience with her. And friends from other team had a similar experience. I'm sure she is a sweet person, but ...

??? What is this in reference to???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the Fall prospect camps, for a 2024/HS Sophmore player, does anyone who has already been through the process with other kids, feel the Fall camps are worth doing?

The camps are very worth it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy how it’s even a conversation if fall play is important. YES! E

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy how it’s even a conversation if fall play is important. YES! E

Agreed. It’s surprising anyone is questioning if they need to be in strong fall tournaments. Assuming it’s the clubs who can’t get into events like presidents cup this fall that are saying it’s ok.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the Fall prospect camps, for a 2024/HS Sophmore player, does anyone who has already been through the process with other kids, feel the Fall camps are worth doing?

Maybe if you play for a weak team, otherwise a waste of time and money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe if you play for a weak team, otherwise a waste of time and money

Weak teams can’t get into good fall recruiting events. They end up at things like NXT and Fall Classic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Made a very poor decision staying with 91 after the merger. Is it possible to move teams at this point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Made a very poor decision staying with 91 after the merger. Is it possible to move teams at this point?

I’ve seen for Legacy holding additional tryouts. Not sure fir what age groups? Can’t hurt to reach out to teams and see if any spots open? Legacy, Liberty, Jesters ? Run from 91 if you can? Start calling around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen for Legacy holding additional tryouts. Not sure fir what age groups? Can’t hurt to reach out to teams and see if any spots open? Legacy, Liberty, Jesters ? Run from 91 if you can? Start calling around.

I suppose. I don’t want them to find out we’re considering leaving and to have it backfire if we can’t find an alternate place. We thought the prospect of an “A” team was going to be good for us but now realize the level of this team is not any different than we have experienced and in reality is weaker than most b teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suppose. I don’t want them to find out we’re considering leaving and to have it backfire if we can’t find an alternate place. We thought the prospect of an “A” team was going to be good for us but now realize the level of this team is not any different than we have experienced and in reality is weaker than most b teams.

If your daughter was an A team player, she wouldn’t be on 91 in the first place. Organization has always been non competitive for the girls. Not breaking news!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter was an A team player, she wouldn’t be on 91 in the first place. Organization has always been non competitive for the girls. Not breaking news!

I hear that. Maybe my expectations for her level of play aren’t where I thought they were ? She’s one of the strongest in this group though and I’m not sure if I should give her the chance to play on an A or b team elsewhere. Most Long Island b teams would probably still beat this current A team which is scary to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear that. Maybe my expectations for her level of play aren’t where I thought they were ? She’s one of the strongest in this group though and I’m not sure if I should give her the chance to play on an A or b team elsewhere. Most Long Island b teams would probably still beat this current A team which is scary to me.

You seem pretty realistic about your player. It's hard to accept that the team you're on may not be all you thought it was. It is a little late in the game to switch, and if she does happen to be an A player I think most A level teams are filled. Yellow Jackets, Liberty, Jesters, and Legacy A are likely filled. Top guns has been struggling the past two years, and elevate 24s are falling apart so you may be able to find something there but it wont be any better than where you're at. I would try reaching out to the clubs mentioned as probably being filled. If she is an A level player and they give her a shot to try out they won't turn down a true A kid. Good luck to you and sorry you fell victim to the 91 girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought I heard they had some decent kids. Do you mind saying what makes the team not what you thought? If your daughter is on a bad team now what makes you think she will be on a A team elsewhere? Does that make sense to move a kid now? Will they get playing time or just be a bench warmer? When is it too late to actually move travel clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought I heard they had some decent kids. Do you mind saying what makes the team not what you thought? If your daughter is on a bad team now what makes you think she will be on a A team elsewhere? Does that make sense to move a kid now? Will they get playing time or just be a bench warmer? When is it too late to actually move travel clubs

Not too late to move as the actual season hasn’t started. Only problem is now, is finding a team with a spot available. Can’t hurt to ask for a private tryout evaluation with some teams if a spot is available? If you are truly unhappy where you are, don’t waste time there if you can find another option. Start calling around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a few issues. The first being that the team culture not going so well. There is obvious egos of kids and parents that make it not enjoyable. If the team was the skill level it is but our daughter was enjoying it that be one thing, but it’s not. They feel like certain girls are favored and think that the actual instruction from coaches isn’t helping. For example, they tried to teach them zone and it was so poorly explained that the team left and was all texting each other that they’ve never felt so lost at a practice because the way it was taught was not clear and went against things taught by their school coaches. There’s also rumors flying that the coaches are telling certain parents information about kids that shouldn’t be spoken about to other parents. I could gamble and stick it out or jump ship, but like you said when is it to late? Is my daughter good enough for another team and so on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Made a very poor decision staying with 91 after the merger. Is it possible to move teams at this point?

Not too late to move as the actual season hasn’t started. Only problem is now, is finding a team with a spot available. Can’t hurt to ask for a private tryout evaluation with some teams if a spot is available? If you are truly unhappy where you are, don’t waste time there if you can find another option. Start calling around.

I don’t like bad mouthing other clubs so hopefully this does not come off too negative but 91 has a notoriously good boys side, but does not produce strong athletes on the girls side. It isn’t a bad thing for kids who aren’t looking to play d1 and top level d1. It is a good fit for some. For example, there are plenty of kids that play for 91 just because they want to play and not because their a top athlete. There are other clubs like YJ that take the top level kids mostly and the way it’s run reflects that.

If your kid is looking to play for fun, and they are enjoying 91, they can stay and just enjoy the ride. If they are looking for a more competitive setting with a stronger prospect of playing in college then sadly 91 is not the place to go. I’m sure it’s not for lack of effort on their part, but they just don’t attract top players on the girls side and haven’t for a long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean haven't ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean haven't ever.

They've had a handful of strong players come out of the program but not very many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you have any idea that this A team is not good if they haven’t actually played yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find the quote I included below to be especially interesting. If you are a parent from our team, call me (you have my number). If you aren’t a parent on our team and you are simply a person using an anonymous web forum to stir the pot, create false hostility, trying to negatively affect what is a good thing or have nothing better to do, you need to seriously take a long look at your life decisions.

-Mike Hall

I seriously doubt any of the following is true…

“ There are a few issues. The first being that the team culture not going so well. There is obvious egos of kids and parents that make it not enjoyable. If the team was the skill level it is but our daughter was enjoying it that be one thing, but it’s not. They feel like certain girls are favored and think that the actual instruction from coaches isn’t helping. For example, they tried to teach them zone and it was so poorly explained that the team left and was all texting each other that they’ve never felt so lost at a practice because the way it was taught was not clear and went against things taught by their school coaches. There’s also rumors flying that the coaches are telling certain parents information about kids that shouldn’t be spoken about to other parents. I could gamble and stick it out or jump ship, but like you said when is it to late? Is my daughter good enough for another team and so on”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find the quote I included below to be especially interesting. If you are a parent from our team, call me (you have my number). If you aren’t a parent on our team and you are simply a person using an anonymous web forum to stir the pot, create false hostility, trying to negatively affect what is a good thing or have nothing better to do, you need to seriously take a long look at your life decisions.

-Mike Hall

“ There are a few issues. The first being that the team culture not going so well. There is obvious egos of kids and parents that make it not enjoyable. If the team was the skill level it is but our daughter was enjoying it that be one thing, but it’s not. They feel like certain girls are favored and think that the actual instruction from coaches isn’t helping. For example, they tried to teach them zone and it was so poorly explained that the team left and was all texting each other that they’ve never felt so lost at a practice because the way it was taught was not clear and went against things taught by their school coaches. There’s also rumors flying that the coaches are telling certain parents information about kids that shouldn’t be spoken about to other parents. I could gamble and stick it out or jump ship, but like you said when is it to late? Is my daughter good enough for another team and so on”

Coaches replying on here like this is exactly why many of us don’t feel comfortable posting on here. Why are club coaches even on here? Now that this parent knows that their coach is paroozing the interweb I’m sure that them looking for outside advice will end now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes god bid a coach defend himself or herself from anonymous animals posting trash , get a spine and confront your coach if you have any spine at all. I doubt you will because your obviously a disgruntled coward. Btw not a coach here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who actually believes that the coaches AREN'T on here? Or won’t hear about what people say from others who are on here. I mean, seriously? The bigger question is why a parent wouldn’t first go to the source to inquire about all of these questions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

coaches on here openly naming themselves and adding to the drama. How old are you..?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not happy on the team. Leave. I think it is wrong that a parent would include the team name and not be more generic. It sounds like a direct attack on 91. If your child is a good player she will find another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

Coaches replying on here like this is exactly why many of us don’t feel comfortable posting on here. Why are club coaches even on here? Now that this parent knows that their coach is paroozing the interweb I’m sure that them looking for outside advice will end now.

Actually I think it’s about time. All the coaches know about this site and maybe adults will start acting like adults now that’s it’s out. Also maybe it will make adults reconsider badmouthing children’s clubs. If the adult was so unhappy why not go speak to the coaches? Why hide behind an anonymous post bashing the club and the other children on the team Or you can just leave quietly like an adult!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Mike Hall a 91 coach? He’s not listed on the 91 website as a 24 coach. If he is bold move approaching a parent on your team the way you just did. If they came to botc to ask for advice it seems like they didn’t feel comfortable talking to coaches in the first place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach should grow up? Maybe the parents who are bad mouthing his team anonymously should grow up. Speak to them face to face or leave dont put down what these coaches have done for these girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

coaches on here openly naming themselves and adding to the drama. How old are you..?

Actually seems like he was trying to diffuse the drama and ask the parent causing the drama to go directly to him. The person who went on here bashing the other girls on the team and their playing abilities seems to be the one who needs to grow up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Mike Hall a 91 coach? He’s not listed on the 91 website as a 24 coach. If he is bold move approaching a parent on your team the way you just did. If they came to botc to ask for advice it seems like they didn’t feel comfortable talking to coaches in the first place.

Asking advice is not the same as bashing the other girls skills after saying his daughter was one of the best on the team. You can ask advise without putting young girls down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

The fact that this clown of a "coach" would even reply on BOTC is proof enough of what the poster was saying. Ego.

91 girls is a joke pal - a cruel joke that gets played on unsuspecting parents every year. Then they get wise and leave. The 91 Marketing Machine brings more to the slaughter and the cycle repeats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

The fact that this clown of a "coach" would even reply on BOTC is proof enough of what the poster was saying. Ego.

91 girls is a joke pal - a cruel joke that gets played on unsuspecting parents every year. Then they get wise and leave. The 91 Marketing Machine brings more to the slaughter and the cycle repeats.

Talk about a clown why don’t you put your name behind your pathetic post! Time to get over putting down girls playing lacrosse because you do realize that’s what your doing is putting down 15 year old girls. At least he had the guts to say his name

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about this “coach” you would have your mouth completely shut right now! All he did was asking for them to go to him and what they are staying isn’t true. Every parent who’s acting like their back in middle school having to bash a team anonymously is pathetic! If you have a problem go to the coach or leave no one’s begging you to stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

Wonder if 91 knows they have their coaches are their coaches buddies on here acting like 16 year olds. The replies to this parent show that what they are complaining about is spot on. So much negativity surrounding those coaches. There is no chance this parent calls you when you are part of the problem.

Someone call Brian and let him know he needs to real in this coach. college coaches can get screenshots of him and his wife on here and completely write the whole 24 year off. Then again what do you expect when you bring in the bandits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

Wonder if 91 knows they have their coaches are their coaches buddies on here acting like 16 year olds. The replies to this parent show that what they are complaining about is spot on. So much negativity surrounding those coaches. There is no chance this parent calls you when you are part of the problem.

Someone call Brian and let him know he needs to real in this coach. college coaches can get screenshots of him and his wife on here and completely write the whole 24 year off. Then again what do you expect when you bring in the bandits?

Talk about acting like a 16 year old. How about your comment
“ then again what do you expect brining the bandits “Real Mature! Time to grow up. I think it’s about time with all the bashing. Also Sounds like you need to come into reality. College coaches are definitely going to write the whole 24 year it’s actually funny that people can be so sad and ignorant!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

Talk about a clown why don’t you put your name behind your pathetic post! Time to get over putting down girls playing lacrosse because you do realize that’s what your doing is putting down 15 year old girls. At least he had the guts to say his name

The same person spam defending him is humorous. Why don’t you have the guts to say your name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you knew anything about this “coach” you would have your mouth completely shut right now! All he did was asking for them to go to him and what they are staying isn’t true. Every parent who’s acting like their back in middle school having to bash a team anonymously is pathetic! If you have a problem go to the coach or leave no one’s begging you to stay.

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your kid is what you say, an "A" player then I'm sure any club would take her, but I highly doubt she is. Your first mistake was coming on this juvenile forum for advice, the majority of the people posting on this site are disgruntled and have ulterior motives, like bashing players who play over their kid or bad mouthing coaches due to playing time. This is a complaint site for most, and barely does any good or informative for anyone. My kid plays for YJ and its not perfect,but this bashing of kids and coaches is just absurd. I would suggest you take the coaches offer and speak to them directly before you ruin the team for everyone involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Mike Hall

Again another pathetic adult acting like a child. Why do you feel the need to say how wrong he was for defending himself and his girls? But you then have to end your post talking badly about the bandits? So mature! You clearly know nothing about him or the team. Also you should come into reality thinking college coaches are on BOC and will hold it against kids because of a coach putting one post up defending himself and his team just shows your delusional. Stop worrying about a team your kid is obviously not on and time to get a life buddy!

Page 16 of 73 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard