BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop it..... data has proven private school students have an extremely high rate of acceptance to top universities then MD public school students and will earn approximately 35-40% more in there lifetime. Facts are facts !! Look it up. By sending your child to a public school you are setting up your child’s future of failure. Plus public school lacrosse is terrible. Less then 5% of the players on Elite high school clubs attend public school and they sit on the bench and have to pay the full fee.
Look in the mirror and ask yourself.... why am I not willing to sacrifice my lifestyle to up grade my child’s chances of success in life??
Maybe since you have that outstanding education, you could read the Baltimore Sun that posted an article on 8/13 about some Catonsville (PUBLIC) men committed to Towson & MD...what are your excuses for that happening (since you say there are "exceptions").

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ONE catonsville kid and Towson is not an elite D1 program. They’ve had one good year in the past 25 years….. and now their head coach is on the hot seat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ONE catonsville kid and Towson is not an elite D1 program. They’ve had one good year in the past 25 years….. and now their head coach is on the hot seat.
Obviously your higher education didn’t teach you to read…one to Towson AND one to MD. All this does is show how your comment that you have to go to private to play D1…then you back paddle to TOP 5 (not in your original statement). So, what now? Top 1 school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg high school has multiple players on D1 rosters. Marriotts Ridge has multiple D1 players on current rosters. Mt Hebron has multiple players on current D1 rosters. Sept 1 coming and all three programs will have multiple D1 commits by the end of September. Sit your MIAA *** down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations where are they going

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Urbana’s 2021 class had 3 Delaware commits and 1 Maryland commit. Lots of kids from MD public schools go D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No movement just additions from top prep boarders. 91 does not cut existing players. They are committed to development and never give up on the players that commit to them, However they are honest to the kids who might not play in games that much so the families can decide what to do. 99% have stayed . If it’s up to the kid that number is 100%.

Thanks for the update Mark!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This 91 thread is consistently one of the weirdest on all of BOTC.

You do the joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No movement just additions from top prep boarders. 91 does not cut existing players. They are committed to development and never give up on the players that commit to them, However they are honest to the kids who might not play in games that much so the families can decide what to do. 99% have stayed . If it’s up to the kid that number is 100%.

Good to know there are no real "open" tryouts for 91 each year.

Join at an early age and get to stay if you pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a joke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to feed the pre-pubescent troll here, but every graduating class now has its own IG where the seniors chime in on where they are going to college/university.
I have been monitoring this for a few years as we wanted to see what kind of value we were getting for our own kids education.
Let me just say either I'm impressed by Dulaney and Towson High Schools and somewhat underwhelmed with Maryvale and NDP.
So many kids from these privates end up going to College Park and other safety/local/ not-too-far-away schools {Delaware?}. Not too many who go onto T-20 or even T-50 schools. No NW or UM or Chicagos'?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous of 91’s success..... how long has the club been in MD? Eight years? They do it the right way! Unbelievable fit coaches... no fatties on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to feed the pre-pubescent troll here, but every graduating class now has its own IG where the seniors chime in on where they are going to college/university.
I have been monitoring this for a few years as we wanted to see what kind of value we were getting for our own kids education.
Let me just say either I'm impressed by Dulaney and Towson High Schools and somewhat underwhelmed with Maryvale and NDP.
So many kids from these privates end up going to College Park and other safety/local/ not-too-far-away schools {Delaware?}. Not too many who go onto T-20 or even T-50 schools. No NW or UM or Chicagos'?

That is the non talked about truth at these private schools. Majority go to decent good colleges. UMD, Delaware, Loyola, etc. Of course some go onto IVY's , But not like it used to be. Gilman used to be a Princeton, Ivy powerhouse, not anymore.

If your child is brilliant and you can afford it,,,Private at Gilman, McD and a few more are worth it. Average student maybe even above average, if you are loaded , go private, if you are not loaded...save your money, you will get into same schools and much more money in your pocket at end.

Privates are not the same cache as before. Plus the Ivy's along with many top colleges have a huge list of diversity slots to give out along with the Asians killing it on SAT's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous of 91’s success..... how long has the club been in MD? Eight years? They do it the right way! Unbelievable fit coaches... no fatties on the sidelines.

Thanks for the update Mark. Can you give us some oldie but goody sideline remarks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the non talked about truth at these private schools. Majority go to decent good colleges. UMD, Delaware, Loyola, etc. Of course some go onto IVY's , But not like it used to be. Gilman used to be a Princeton, Ivy powerhouse, not anymore.

If your child is brilliant and you can afford it,,,Private at Gilman, McD and a few more are worth it. Average student maybe even above average, if you are loaded , go private, if you are not loaded...save your money, you will get into same schools and much more money in your pocket at end.

Privates are not the same cache as before. Plus the Ivy's along with many top colleges have a huge list of diversity slots to give out along with the Asians killing it on SAT's.

Neighbors have 2 kids at Baltimore privates and the kids can’t go to Villanova or Delaware because too (relatively) expensive!!!! All that private to finally get to the finish line and can’t move ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if you never went to a private school you are missing the values that go way beyond sports. I need way more space than this thread allows to verbalize that thought. Loaded or not, you
Usually have one chance to get it right with a child-don’t blow it and don’t make it all about lax or any other sport. There is life after college that you need to prepare him for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 2028s defection rate was about 30% and the "elite prep boarder kids" added are Perry Hall MS (public) kids from AA Swarm who came with the new HC. And a kid from HoCo Pink who attends public school. I'm sure they will do great. But worth stating the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
.[/quote]

Neighbors have 2 kids at Baltimore privates and the kids can’t go to Villanova or Delaware because too (relatively) expensive!!!! All that private to finally get to the finish line and can’t move ahead.[/quote]

1. LOL if they can afford anything above the 3 cheapest Catholic HS in Baltimore (I think Mercy, Curley, St. Joe) they can afford Delaware out of state. The true Baltimore privates cost the same as out-of-state tuition for UD.

2. If those kids were on (any) scholarship at those private HS and did not parlay that into college scholarships, then that's on the students, HS counselors, coaches, and parents to fail to make that happen. Having aims at a school like 'Nova is great but either over-perform in HS (to get funding) or "be rich." Those are the two pathways. Maybe it was never a realistic option for those kids. Honestly. I sure couldn't pay full freight at Villanova for my son.

3. No matter how many times you try to put Towson U in the same category as UMD (for lax or for educational value) the two are not the same. "What about the Severna Park kid who is playing at Towson?!" Do you know how many Severna Park kids are at Towson? A lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neighbors have 2 kids at Baltimore privates and the kids can’t go to Villanova or Delaware because too (relatively) expensive!!!! All that private to finally get to the finish line and can’t move ahead.[/quote]

1. LOL if they can afford anything above the 3 cheapest Catholic HS in Baltimore (I think Mercy, Curley, St. Joe) they can afford Delaware out of state. The true Baltimore privates cost the same as out-of-state tuition for UD.

2. If those kids were on (any) scholarship at those private HS and did not parlay that into college scholarships, then that's on the students, HS counselors, coaches, and parents to fail to make that happen. Having aims at a school like 'Nova is great but either over-perform in HS (to get funding) or "be rich." Those are the two pathways. Maybe it was never a realistic option for those kids. Honestly. I sure couldn't pay full freight at Villanova for my son.

3. No matter how many times you try to put Towson U in the same category as UMD (for lax or for educational value) the two are not the same. "What about the Severna Park kid who is playing at Towson?!" Do you know how many Severna Park kids are at Towson? A lot.[/quote]

And the difference between UMD and Towson in the eyes of 99.9% of employers?

ZERO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 good year? LOL, you have no idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kid is good enough, doesn't matter where he plays in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all this is not factual whatsoever. 91 helmets were all over 2027 and 2028 tryouts all over MD including the rec clubs (LTLC, KP, Sidewinders, Claws, HoCo Pink). What kind of experience does a AAA player have at T91 that has his parents rushing back to get him in A or AA ball? That seems bad.

Weirder yet was that the 2028, 2029, 2031, and 2031 T91 tryouts had about 60 total players show up for 88 roster spots. Including - like somebody mentioned - a whole pile of Swarm kids that came with a new dad coach.

And no, 91 may not cut an existing player but they will intentionally not play a kid to encourage him to leave. As in, the score is 12-1 with 2 minutes left and they still don't put the kid in. Maybe that's what you call being "honest to the kids who might not play in games that much."

In other words I would disregard "top prep boarders" Dad of a T91 2023 kid. T91 has the goods, bads, and uglies of every other AAA or elite club across the age groups. It's almost stereotypical - national champ caliber HS teams and totally neglected MS age teams with dumpster fire coaching. Like everywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neighbors have 2 kids at Baltimore privates and the kids can’t go to Villanova or Delaware because too (relatively) expensive!!!! All that private to finally get to the finish line and can’t move ahead.

3. No matter how many times you try to put Towson U in the same category as UMD (for lax or for educational value) the two are not the same. "What about the Severna Park kid who is playing at Towson?!" Do you know how many Severna Park kids are at Towson? A lot.[/quote]

ZERO.[/quote]

Zero difference.......if you never leave Maryland. If you go anywhere else in the world, it means everything. It's like the opposite of the Hopkins effect - where the degree is worth more, the farther you move away from MD.

But yeah, your son's NYC or Chicago or LA or Dallas employer will put more stake in his UMD degree than his Towson State Teachers College degree. I attended both. They are not the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3. No matter how many times you try to put Towson U in the same category as UMD (for lax or for educational value) the two are not the same. "What about the Severna Park kid who is playing at Towson?!" Do you know how many Severna Park kids are at Towson? A lot.

ZERO.[/quote]

Zero difference.......if you never leave Maryland. If you go anywhere else in the world, it means everything. It's like the opposite of the Hopkins effect - where the degree is worth more, the farther you move away from MD.

But yeah, your son's NYC or Chicago or LA or Dallas employer will put more stake in his UMD degree than his Towson State Teachers College degree. I attended both. They are not the same.[/quote]

Every single person I know in HR in Maryland considers UMD >>>> Towson. Who are you people kidding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ZERO.

But yeah, your son's NYC or Chicago or LA or Dallas employer will put more stake in his UMD degree than his Towson State Teachers College degree. I attended both. They are not the same.

Every single person I know in HR in Maryland considers UMD >>>> Towson. Who are you people kidding?

Themselves !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2023 - any parents on the 2023 team have any insight to why the best close-defender on the team who has been with 91 since he started playing lacrosse is now on FCA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2023 - any parents on the 2023 team have any insight to why the best close-defender on the team who has been with 91 since he started playing lacrosse is now on FCA?
🍿

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's probably a fun 1-off story, but I'm also interested in why 12 T91 2029s left this fall. And I assure you they did not go en masse to Crabs (2029 team also folded), Hawks, or FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI - 50% of parents including the non-lax folks at Baltimore privates are not paying full tuition and receiving some form of financial aide - they # is > than 50% at some of the more expensive schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you need to ask? All things lead to Top !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's probably a fun 1-off story, but I'm also interested in why 12 T91 2029s left this fall. And I assure you they did not go en masse to Crabs (2029 team also folded), Hawks, or FCA.

Cream rises to the Top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did lose a defender to FCA but clearly the best defender is the McDonogh defender who is still there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did lose a defender to FCA but clearly the best defender is the McDonogh defender who is still there

Ok then why did the #2 kid leave for FCA after playing with 91 for 7+ years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcd is constantly underperforming.
Is that due to the coaching they get at 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer to all things 91 related is MM; he only knows one way to coach and that is tearing down kids. My guess is the kid/family had enough of his BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is totally correct. And Spot on for a big contributing factor. But MM did said 19 out of 21 players are starting for MIAA and going D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many 91 players I know walk on eggshells for fear of one screwup = benching. So instead of playing their game, they play tentative and safe.
I'd guess that style of coaching has at least something to do with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer to all things 91 related is MM; he only knows one way to coach and that is tearing down kids. My guess is the kid/family had enough of his BS.

Lets give him some credit, there are two players that get excellent coaching and have ball go thru them at every opportunity , of course at expense of all others,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets give him some credit, there are two players that get excellent coaching and have ball go thru them at every opportunity , of course at expense of all others,

And those are the only two players who don't ever have to worry about getting benched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be the coaching at both places.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard