BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 29 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Answer me this honestly, would you rather have your son on a top tier AA/A team (91, Express, etc) and not play a minute or have him play every minute on a top tier B team (91B, Express B, FLG, etc)?

Why is FLG being talked about as a “top tier B team”? Are they even fielding a team?

FLG is definitely fielding a team. My son plays for Rebels and they were practicing at the same fields as us (Stimpson MS) over the weekend.

My son left Igloo B to go to FLG...So far, so good. He likes the coaches and practices much better than Igloo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer me this honestly, would you rather have your son on a top tier AA/A team (91, Express, etc) and not play a minute or have him play every minute on a top tier B team (91B, Express B, FLG, etc)?
Such a great statement parents are fools ......... wait until the college coaches come around and your kid is sitting on sideline ... Good Luck getting recruited .... i have seen this playout for many years

Are you speaking directly to the Igloo Northface parents? It's comical what the parents are putting their kids through on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is FLG being talked about as a “top tier B team”? Are they even fielding a team?

FLG is definitely fielding a team. My son plays for Rebels and they were practicing at the same fields as us (Stimpson MS) over the weekend.

My son left Igloo B to go to FLG...So far, so good. He likes the coaches and practices much better than Igloo.

I think Igloo B lost half their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a great statement parents are fools ......... wait until the college coaches come around and your kid is sitting on sideline ... Good Luck getting recruited .... i have seen this playout for many years

Are you speaking directly to the Igloo Northface parents? It's comical what the parents are putting their kids through on that team.

Wait? You can’t get recruited from the bench. Some parents need a lax intervention imho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents on Igloo aren’t putting their kids through anything. The parents and the kids were misled after all other tryouts were done and gone. Now these kids and parents are stuck because there is nowhere to go right now but I can almost guarantee there will be a mass exodus from Northface next year considering how many of the good kids either attend St. Anthony’s or Chaminade. We all know that’s Express territory or the parents are just fed up with the BS. It stinks but it’s time for parents to do what’s right for their kids and not rely on others to do it for them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach is nuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We switched clubs, were at shore two snore and went to Rebels. So far we are very happy with all. Team is also very very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We switched clubs, were at shore two snore and went to Rebels. So far we are very happy with all. Team is also very very good.

Did your son go to Rebels A or B? The S2S A & B teams lost a lot of kids...don't see them being too relevant going forward at the 2025 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents on Igloo aren’t putting their kids through anything. The parents and the kids were misled after all other tryouts were done and gone. Now these kids and parents are stuck because there is nowhere to go right now but I can almost guarantee there will be a mass exodus from Northface next year considering how many of the good kids either attend St. Anthony’s or Chaminade. We all know that’s Express territory or the parents are just fed up with the BS. It stinks but it’s time for parents to do what’s right for their kids and not rely on others to do it for them.

No one is stuck anywhere. If your son is good enough he could grab a spot on pretty much any team...even after tryouts. That's a fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is stuck anywhere. If your son is good enough he could grab a spot on pretty much any team...even after tryouts. That's a fact!

I don’t think that is the point that is being made. I could be wrong. It seems like there is 1 1/2 teams and the A team will be fine. If that’s the case, I can see the concern from the parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the stuck kids were good enough, they would already be GONE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough No 9th grader is getting recruited right now. Move on. Lets talk about the current lay of the land instead... 2025 group a mess.

Why is it a mess? Lots of options for different skill levels.

Why is it a mess? You have three elite teams on LI and a bunch of 2nd tier A teams and then B teams or 2nd teams.

Igloo
Express

Rebels
Legrush
Regulators
S2S
True Blue
Turtles

FLG
Express
S2S
Legrush
Rebels
Jokers
Recon
Checkmate
ECE
Empire
United

Lotsa choice for all ability levels. Not really a mess.

2025 has too many average and below average teams but at this point it's about playing time and getting better. 91 and Express are the tops because year after year because they draw the best talent and have the coaching to back it up. Igloo are the great pretenders, they haven't won a thing and from what I've seen they aren't coached very well. It's HS/recruiting teams now which leads to a lot of player and parent animosity and me first ball. Find a program that your player gets decent coaching and playing time. The best part of the next few years will be them playing HS with their friends(win or lose), not club lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watered Down, poor instruction, zero development. Great options

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough No 9th grader is getting recruited right now. Move on. Lets talk about the current lay of the land instead... 2025 group a mess.

Why is it a mess? Lots of options for different skill levels.

Why is it a mess? You have three elite teams on LI and a bunch of 2nd tier A teams and then B teams or 2nd teams.

Igloo
Express

Rebels
Legrush
Regulators
S2S
True Blue
Turtles

FLG
Express
S2S
Legrush
Rebels
Jokers
Recon
Checkmate
ECE
Empire
United

Lotsa choice for all ability levels. Not really a mess.

2025 has too many average and below average teams but at this point it's about playing time and getting better. 91 and Express are the tops because year after year because they draw the best talent and have the coaching to back it up. Igloo are the great pretenders, they haven't won a thing and from what I've seen they aren't coached very well. It's HS/recruiting teams now which leads to a lot of player and parent animosity and me first ball. Find a program that your player gets decent coaching and playing time. The best part of the next few years will be them playing HS with their friends(win or lose), not club lacrosse.

Sounds like you need to bud out of your kids life, he needs to hit the wall and stop playing victim and look at the world as glass half full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S has been irrelevant in this age group since day one. They are in the TB, Turtle and B team category.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think top 3 are AA with only ? Is Igloo( heard some turnover) A plus would be Legarush Rebels regulators the next 3 on list B plus at best. Rest B/C

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to say but the Long Island teams are all going to have a hard time going forward against 91 MD, Laxachusetts Black and every other team out there that has a roster where 80% of the kids are at least a full year older if not more. They're not better lacrosse players. Just older, bigger, faster, stronger and know how to play. It's unfortunate but unless you're willing to reclass your kid, that's who is going to get the looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before 2025 tryouts, families should have decided what the end game is for continuing with club lacrosse. 5 to 7k all in for club, is a lot to ask if you're just hanging on for fun. If your son really wants to play in college, and as a parent most likely paying for that privilege, there is a college team for almost everyone. Very few from Long Island will ever play at large D1 program. Certainly smaller D1 programs, D2, D3 and MCLA are all options. The real question that families must honestly answer is exactly what you'll sacrifice just to play lacrosse in college (no judgements). The better club programs will give you some exposure, but quite frankly most of the legwork is the family realistically finding out where their player can and should play. Individual showcases, prospect days, letters, etc, all part of the process. You cannot let the college coaches phone call to your club coach be the deciding factor. Club coaches are human, play favorites, favor home towns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before 2025 tryouts, families should have decided what the end game is for continuing with club lacrosse. 5 to 7k all in for club, is a lot to ask if you're just hanging on for fun. If your son really wants to play in college, and as a parent most likely paying for that privilege, there is a college team for almost everyone. Very few from Long Island will ever play at large D1 program. Certainly smaller D1 programs, D2, D3 and MCLA are all options. The real question that families must honestly answer is exactly what you'll sacrifice just to play lacrosse in college (no judgements). The better club programs will give you some exposure, but quite frankly most of the legwork is the family realistically finding out where their player can and should play. Individual showcases, prospect days, letters, etc, all part of the process. You cannot let the college coaches phone call to your club coach be the deciding factor. Club coaches are human, play favorites, favor home towns.

Sounds like your son is not on a elite AA team. Nothing personal or fugaze. For my two older sons the elite AA teams successfully converted all of the above and more. Both played D1 and both were second line pole and mids until the end. Elite coaching and reps got them there. Both started on their high school due to elite club team. If you are not elite you are outside looking in. Measure elite by coaching, track record, and quality of practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most varsity lacrosse programs having workouts/practices this time of year? Even though it's football and soccer season and the best lacrosse players are probably in-season for those?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are most varsity lacrosse programs having workouts/practices this time of year? Even though it's football and soccer season and the best lacrosse players are probably in-season for those?

Yes, but they're optional. In my sons school, if you're currently in-season with a sport you are not allowed to participate in any off-season sessions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but they're optional. In my sons school, if you're currently in-season with a sport you are not allowed to participate in any off-season sessions

We are just starting them this week at our school. My son is going to go to lacrosse depending on homework load and how he feels physically after football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your son is not on a elite AA team. Nothing personal or fugaze. For my two older sons the elite AA teams successfully converted all of the above and more. Both played D1 and both were second line pole and mids until the end. Elite coaching and reps got them there. Both started on their high school due to elite club team. If you are not elite you are outside looking in. Measure elite by coaching, track record, and quality of practice.
Elite AA, what does that even mean? I call BS, but does their degree from Hartford just to play lacrosse really have Fortune 500 companies lining up to hire them after graduation. I guess you can all sit around talking about the glory days and NCC. #laxlife

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wall Street is loaded with college lacrosse players. Had 3 kids play and everyone was offered top paying jobs by numerous companies. One very high academic, other 2 average. If you do not think NCAA athletes have an advantage coming out of school then your just not in touch with reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite AA, what does that even mean? I call BS, but does their degree from Hartford just to play lacrosse really have Fortune 500 companies lining up to hire them after graduation. I guess you can all sit around talking about the glory days and NCC. #laxlife

Bet you are a snob from CT. Putting down NCC is something a snob does. No wonder your blaming others for your failure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bet you are a snob from CT. Putting down NCC is something a snob does. No wonder your blaming others for your failure.

Nah, I'm a nassau guy so.. you're welcome. Pretty sure my taxes fund that place. What does the union have lined up for you tomorrow?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, I'm a nassau guy so.. you're welcome. Pretty sure my taxes fund that place. What does the union have lined up for you tomorrow?

Hey Pal, what's wrong with you? Chill out, get a grip and stop being so booshie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick to the script. 95% of these kids arent playing in college and the majority of the LI teams are just money grabs ( I mean recruiting showcases) at this point. Let your kid play and enjoy it. Dont ruin their experience by living thru them. Last thing a 14 yr old kid wants to hear is his parents Lax Ambitions being forced onto them....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wall Street is loaded with college lacrosse players. Had 3 kids play and everyone was offered top paying jobs by numerous companies. One very high academic, other 2 average. If you do not think NCAA athletes have an advantage coming out of school then your just not in touch with reality.

And if you’re kid isn’t interested in a 60hr/wk Wall Street job?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the guy who can't even capitalize Nassau. Seems like you scored pretty low on the education front. Maybe dial it back and go hug your kid who hates you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant tournament in 2 weeks...Lets see who shows up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of my kids got a job with large construction company down south, and was supervisor in 6 months. this is all because of lax connections. He is 26 making 120k a year already.
He did not go to school for a major. He went to play lacrosse, at least that's what staff told him. When choosing a school look into the ones that work very closely with Alumni. Whether your kid plays four years or never dose.
If they work hard they will be successful. Old School Kids are thriving, Not the everyone gets a trophies kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone way too wrapped in the Lax Culture. Play the game, enjoy it and let it be what it will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of my kids got a job with large construction company down south, and was supervisor in 6 months. this is all because of lax connections. He is 26 making 120k a year already.
He did not go to school for a major. He went to play lacrosse, at least that's what staff told him. When choosing a school look into the ones that work very closely with Alumni. Whether your kid plays four years or never dose.
If they work hard they will be successful. Old School Kids are thriving, Not the everyone gets a trophies kids.

Nurses graduating from Molloy making that right out the door.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Male nurse snob.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60 Hours a week on wall street. Work 15 years and Retire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lax forum. Take your differences elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus OT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If all your kids are out of college and working. Why are you in a high school lax forum. I smell BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts black is nice tho

Page 10 of 29 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard