BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 150 of 313 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your point? Do you think Shack would do it differently because it bothers you?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever happened to the Navy lax commit who beat up the Navy swim commit? Did Navy drop him?

You all really need to move on and worry about your own kids. The obsession with this one kid and his father is really disturbing. Get your own life…

I think this is more of a commentary on standards? Does money and influence get you different standards? Are all the boys held to the same standards and self responsibility? Probably not, but hasn’t this always been the case in our society? We do live in an elitist society no matter what anyone wants to think or believe.

So nothing happened? All is good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t one of LJ SG and Hawks buddy’s coach Navy swimming?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your point? Do you think Shack would do it differently because it bothers you?

No, it is what it is, My point is, this constant bragging about how great the MIAA is, well it should be with so many college freshman playing in the conference,

Give me a bunch of college freshman and I will show you some good High School lacrosse too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t one of LJ SG and Hawks buddy’s coach Navy swimming?

Yes. He’s a defenseman and committed to Navy too per IL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is playing in the Fall Leagues and Tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is playing in the Fall Leagues and Tournaments?
🙋🏼‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LD and Under Armour 2022 recruits. SJC attackman and SG attackman both heading to Navy. Going to be interesting how thing play out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever happened to the Navy lax commit who beat up the Navy swim commit? Did Navy drop him?

You all really need to move on and worry about your own kids. The obsession with this one kid and his father is really disturbing. Get your own life…

I think this is more of a commentary on standards? Does money and influence get you different standards? Are all the boys held to the same standards and self responsibility? Probably not, but hasn’t this always been the case in our society? We do live in an elitist society no matter what anyone wants to think or believe.
☝🏻
Would you have the same zero tolerance policy for your kid?

Seems like Elitist parents have more tolerance for their kids bad behaviors and the elitist kids get away with more “bad behavior” incidents! Seen it happen a few times with some DWI incidents by teenagers. Elitist kids can lawyer up! Seems like money, power and influence can get them “out of things”! Our society is flawed for sure!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course not. But I wouldn't expect the Naval Academy to be as forgiving as I would be as a parent. The Academy has had a bunch of disciplinary issues recently. You would expect they would be pretty strict with kids who haven't even reported yet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

No, I want what any typical politician or elitist who get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Seems like Elitist parents have more tolerance for their kids bad behaviors and the elitist kids get away with more “bad behavior” incidents! Seen it happen a few times with some DWI incidents by teenagers. Elitist kids can lawyer up! Seems like money, power and influence can get them “out of things”! Our society is flawed for sure!

Flawed how?
If you get popped for a DUI, lawyer up.
It's not elitist, it's common sense- Paid lawyers are better than public defenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Flawed how?
It's not elitist, it's common sense- Paid lawyers are better than public defenders.

While I have no problem " Lawyering up ", At the very top of food chain are lawyers that have the juice to get it done. They are outrageously expensive and are usually for a select group. Most of the lawyers who charge are only good to a certain point, even tho many act like they are. Real world is not the world most top echelon powerful people live in, they live in their world. Of course to join the club takes 50 mill plus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Flawed how?

While I have no problem " Lawyering up ", At the very top of food chain are lawyers that have the juice to get it done. They are outrageously expensive and are usually for a select group. Most of the lawyers who charge are only good to a certain point, even tho many act like they are. Real world is not the world most top echelon powerful people live in, they live in their world. Of course to join the club takes 50 mill plus.

Please take this garbage to some other forum- People who continuely run their mouths thru a keyboard about a kid is 10x worse than any Elitist or Lawyer or Rich/Wealthy dad.Coming on here spewing about another kid and his family is about a low as it gets.Anyone on here that thinks this is ok must not care for his/her own family and is a snake in the grass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Flawed how?

Please take this garbage to some other forum- People who continuely run their mouths thru a keyboard about a kid is 10x worse than any Elitist or Lawyer or Rich/Wealthy dad.Coming on here spewing about another kid and his family is about a low as it gets.Anyone on here that thinks this is ok must not care for his/her own family and is a snake in the grass.

Ok, rich wealthy dad! Very sensitive about the elitist talk. It’s an elitist sport and world. We can discuss that if we want. Certain kids are given different rules. We can discuss that, it’s very much part of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, the Elitist topic and holdback topics is always going to be part of conversation when you are talking about lacrosse! Certain stories bring it out more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏻

Flawed how?

Ok holdback elitist Dad, we poor peons will do. Is that how you treat the help? You may want to get a tutor in reading comprehension or take a refresher at country club, No where is anything about the some kid or his family in last post. ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a grasp for how often on age freshman make varsity on MIAA teams?

Is it routine? An totally anomaly?

My kid is in middle school and am just wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM will chime in soon and let you know that all of his 91 players make V freshman year. Other than them, I would say not many out of all the freshman players out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the school, the kid and the team composition in a specific year. Assume your kid is a trip rising freshman. Very few kids play (rotate in or start) on the varsity as freshman at single sex schools with a strong lacrosse traditions like CHC or Loyola. It’s more likely at the lower enrollment single sex institutions like Gilman and BL. Even better odds at co-ed schools with smaller class sizes. In any case, very few if any freshman have been “impact players” within the last 20 years. If a freshman is going to see significant minutes on varsity, that’s great. Otherwise, play a lower level and get PT. Lastly team composition: a team full of talented upperclassmen will rarely pull many freshmen up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM will chime in soon and let you know that all of his 91 players make V freshman year. Other than them, I would say not many out of all the freshman players out there.

On age? More of an anomaly in the MIAA. Especially at the top 5. I know of just a handful. And they were on bottom-half MIAA teams. No knock. But it makes sense, obviously as there more opportunities at those schools.

Want to know your chances? Look at the overall program numbers. Most of the schools like CH, Loyola, BL, have 100+ kids in their lax programs.

25 Fresh/Soph, 25 JV, 40+ Varsity. 10+ underclass wannabes/cuts. You have better chances at smaller or developing schools like StM, StP, JC, MSJ, Severn.

A better, more telling stat- see how many kids are in the freshman class across ALL teams. And then how many seniors the varsity has rostered.

My son is a '22 and was looking at one of the larger, all-male high schools. At the time, he would have been one of 14 incoming ATTACKMEN in his freshman class. There are currently only 11 kids from the ENTIRE class of 22 who made it through to senior year. He settled on one of the schools above, and has been varsity since Soph year. Gotten a lot of game tape against the best in the nation, and committed to Navy. Been a great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dingers look like they are playing a lot right now. League better take notice. 😝

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On age? More of an anomaly in the MIAA. Especially at the top 5. I know of just a handful. And they were on bottom-half MIAA teams. No knock. But it makes sense, obviously as there more opportunities at those schools.

Want to know your chances? Look at the overall program numbers. Most of the schools like CH, Loyola, BL, have 100+ kids in their lax programs.

25 Fresh/Soph, 25 JV, 40+ Varsity. 10+ underclass wannabes/cuts. You have better chances at smaller or developing schools like StM, StP, JC, MSJ, Severn.

A better, more telling stat- see how many kids are in the freshman class across ALL teams. And then how many seniors the varsity has rostered.

My son is a '22 and was looking at one of the larger, all-male high schools. At the time, he would have been one of 14 incoming ATTACKMEN in his freshman class. There are currently only 11 kids from the ENTIRE class of 22 who made it through to senior year. He settled on one of the schools above, and has been varsity since Soph year. Gotten a lot of game tape against the best in the nation, and committed to Navy. Been a great experience.

Your son is a 22 Attackmen going to a navy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dingers look like they are playing a lot right now. League better take notice. 😝

In a public school B fall league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lightbulb goes off in most BOTC forums posters head ! Now that would be interesting if it really was..but stranger things have happened before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lightbulb goes off in most BOTC forums posters head ! Now that would be interesting if it really was..but stranger things have happened before.

Navy has 15 attackmen committed from the 21-23 class.
Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the kind of real talk that is lacking so often on BOTC. If the school has 11th and 12th graders sufficient in talent to fill the roster, that is how it's getting filled. They are not cutting a 9.5/10 senior from varsity to give a 10/10 freshman a varsity spot. Now, if they have a 4.5/10 senior who is not working out and has gotten soft since his peak in 10th grade 2 years ago..........great opportunity for a freshman superstar. So it does happen.

That was some refreshing real talk, seriously. As a parent, coach, and college educator let me tell you some facts no one on this thread wants to hear:

1) A fair number of MIAA lax kids (and the vast majority of public school players) choose to not participate in NCAA lax - even if they have an opportunity - because they have been working out daily since age 5, and they want to go have fun now.

2) Stop telling kids to pass up opportunities to play D2 and D3 if their #1 goal *IS* to play NCAA lax and you just don't want to tell your friends that your kid went from being the #1 prospect in 6th grade (a ridiculous quote I have heard......recently) to playing lax for Monmouth or App State or whatever.

3) The 6th - 9th graders at MIAA A schools are still full of "players" who are fading and don't know it....natural talent and older brothers but no work ethic, no workouts, moderate effort, and only moderate lax IQ. Not even counting the kids who were NEVER good and bounced around in A/B ball and somehow think they'll make it. So I'm not sure how worried I'd be about "14 attackmen" showing up at LB, AS, or CHC on Day 1. And just because they made Team91 (for example) in 2nd grade and never got cut (the team doesn't cut), still not a reason to over-analyze how many of them there are. MIAA coaches know how to sort them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the kind of real talk that is lacking so often on BOTC. If the school has 11th and 12th graders sufficient in talent to fill the roster, that is how it's getting filled. They are not cutting a 9.5/10 senior from varsity to give a 10/10 freshman a varsity spot. Now, if they have a 4.5/10 senior who is not working out and has gotten soft since his peak in 10th grade 2 years ago..........great opportunity for a freshman superstar. So it does happen.

That was some refreshing real talk, seriously. As a parent, coach, and college educator let me tell you some facts no one on this thread wants to hear:

1) A fair number of MIAA lax kids (and the vast majority of public school players) choose to not participate in NCAA lax - even if they have an opportunity - because they have been working out daily since age 5, and they want to go have fun now.

2) Stop telling kids to pass up opportunities to play D2 and D3 if their #1 goal *IS* to play NCAA lax and you just don't want to tell your friends that your kid went from being the #1 prospect in 6th grade (a ridiculous quote I have heard......recently) to playing lax for Monmouth or App State or whatever.

3) The 6th - 9th graders at MIAA A schools are still full of "players" who are fading and don't know it....natural talent and older brothers but no work ethic, no workouts, moderate effort, and only moderate lax IQ. Not even counting the kids who were NEVER good and bounced around in A/B ball and somehow think they'll make it. So I'm not sure how worried I'd be about "14 attackmen" showing up at LB, AS, or CHC on Day 1. And just because they made Team91 (for example) in 2nd grade and never got cut (the team doesn't cut), still not a reason to over-analyze how many of them there are. MIAA coaches know how to sort them.

If you're looking, be aware of the numbers. And do your own research. Had an MIAA coach make a "mistake" when I asked him specifically, how many freshman lacrosse players were currently in his program. He told me there were 25 freshmen on fresh/soph. I then asked about JV and V. He suddenly remembered the other 12 on JV and the 3 more that made varsity. 40 is different than 25.

Just be aware. In the MIAA, there are some tell tale signs of your kid's ability and chance of washing out:

Good signs:
Make JV or V as a fresh.
Play JV or V as a Soph.

Bad signs:
Play F/S as a soph.
Play JV as a Junior

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're looking, be aware of the numbers. And do your own research. Had an MIAA coach make a "mistake" when I asked him specifically, how many freshman lacrosse players were currently in his program. He told me there were 25 freshmen on fresh/soph. I then asked about JV and V. He suddenly remembered the other 12 on JV and the 3 more that made varsity. 40 is different than 25.

Just be aware. In the MIAA, there are some tell tale signs of your kid's ability and chance of washing out:

Good signs:
Make JV or V as a fresh.
Play JV or V as a Soph.

Bad signs:
Play F/S as a soph.
Play JV as a Junior

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/coll...te-bloomer-became-an-evergreen-sensation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good signs:
Make JV or V as a fresh.
Play JV or V as a Soph.

Bad signs:
Play F/S as a soph.
Play JV as a Junior

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/coll...te-bloomer-became-an-evergreen-sensation

Everyone is the next PAt Spencer...lolz
Pat Spencer is the major exception, not the rule. But he still falls in that category listed- played JV as a Soph and Varsity as a JR.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also worth noting that Spencer MADE the BL Varsity as a soph; he just wouldn't have gotten much tick, hence the suggestion to play JV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's also worth noting that Spencer MADE the BL Varsity as a soph; he just wouldn't have gotten much tick, hence the suggestion to play JV

He was playing behind the future starting attackman of MD, future starting attackman of Hopkins and future starting attackman of Ohio U. Tough crowd to beat out for a position .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also worth noting that he played Fresh/Soph in his first freshman year at SM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His son should have stuck with UMBC. He won’t see the field at Navy. He wouldn’t have seen the field at “one of the larger all male schools” Like all 2022 Dbacks, he peaked in 6th grade. But hey congrats on free college though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His son should have stuck with UMBC. He won’t see the field at Navy. He wouldn’t have seen the field at “one of the larger all male schools” Like all 2022 Dbacks, he peaked in 6th grade. But hey congrats on free college though

Your eyes are green with envy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wasnt a late Bloomer as all the Lacrosse Media including USALax mag want to portray him as. Makes for a heartwarming story of rags to riches, but it is total B$. He was a very good player that unfortunately had some exceptional D1 talent already playing ahead of him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your eyes are green with envy.

100%

Nothing quite like belittling a good kid who is signing up to protect your freedom to be a complete laxer.

This whole board is fueled with jealous dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spencer was just some "unknown" who was playing for the crabs and getting looks from Loyola as a Soph.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a garbage comment (Okay the dbacks trolling was good). 75% of the BOTC dads won't see their kids ever take the field at D1-D3 and you need to start mentally preparing for that, rather than pissing on the kid for getting lesser level HS playing time and getting a USNA commission...and on the lax roster. Seriously.

I smell a USNA dropout in our midst.......who didn't get rostered for lax whatsoever at USNA and finished his education at Towson as a non athlete. You are like the Uncle Rico of BOTC. I bet you can BTB a shot over that next mountain. If coach woulda put you in, you woulda won state!

Like Reply Quote
Page 150 of 313 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard