Registration is open for the Girls Elite 88 Showcase - Sign up at CBLaxers.com/girls
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:29 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:28 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:20 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,694
Posts312,366
Members2,343
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
Re: holdbacks
Anonymous #350685 09/23/21 08:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lacrosse is an elitist sport! US Lacrosse does nothing to grow the sport and will not rectify this situation because they have no control.

Can someone answer this? Why are you required to have a US Lacrosse membership? I don’t want three of their useless magazines.

Dont you like the totally woke useless USL Mag. Used to be about the sport, now it must have its social issues of the day enlightening us.

Seriously, just talk about the sport, why do we have to add the wine stuff into it? That’s always the cover and usually the content.

Wine Stuff ? Had a few ?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #350854 09/26/21 03:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Life isnt fair just get over it. I love watching my on age son run by these kids. It's funny because if you didnt know the kid was a holdback you'd be complaining that hes just better than your kid

Time to Make it fair In the developing years of youth lacrosse! Period.

Yes, we must demonstrate to our little ones the importance of mediocrity and victim hood in our society today. Therefore, in the spirit of equality and fairness we should also institute a weight-class rule along with a height requirement stipulation so no child or PARENT feels slighted or has their feelings hurt.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350857 09/26/21 05:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Life isnt fair just get over it. I love watching my on age son run by these kids. It's funny because if you didnt know the kid was a holdback you'd be complaining that hes just better than your kid

Yes, we must demonstrate to our little ones the importance of mediocrity and victim hood in our society today. Therefore, in the spirit of equality and fairness we should also institute a weight-class rule along with a height requirement stipulation so no child or PARENT feels slighted or has their feelings hurt.

Always wonder if saying things that are meaningless and off target make you holdback parents feel better knowing your son cant compete with children his own age.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350866 09/26/21 08:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always wonder if saying things that are meaningless and off target make you holdback parents feel better knowing your son cant compete with children his own age.

Nah, self aware, they are not.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350869 09/26/21 09:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ewwwe, someone taking this a bit personal! Probably a double holdback parent!!!! 😃

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350872 09/27/21 12:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reread all of this and realize how silly it is. Your son will grow, and he will survive. Use it as a teaching moment. Trust me, i have been through it. Keep him focused on things that he can control and let him know that his day will come...if it is supposed to, and if he continues to practice.

This is life, and surely you know by now that it isn't fair. US Lax is not going to fix this life lesson for you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350891 09/27/21 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the definition of mediocrity is an unathletic one-sport kid holding back in school so he can play down in age. Congrats on him finally finding success in a sport.
Because he couldn't cut it in sports that require him to play on-age.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #350893 09/27/21 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've found that pretty much all the holdbacks in our elementary and middle school-aged club program are kids who simply aren't very good or athletic.
You always see a kid, and think- "he looks big for his age," only to realize upon further review he's just a big-framed, less athletic, gangly kid who was held back a year.
He will be able to play maybe a ytear longer than normal, if he was on age. But he will wash out too.
It's a common theme.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350894 09/27/21 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until he is 9th grade. 18 months is nothing.

Are you trying to rationalize or build on the age discrepancy further? I can’t tell.
Then I worded my post perfectly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351453 10/02/21 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait until he is 9th grade. 18 months is nothing.

Are you trying to rationalize or build on the age discrepancy further? I can’t tell.
Then I worded my post perfectly.

He is a holdback apologist. 18 months becomes less and less as children age. A fifth grader looking at 6th graders is a whole different ballgame than a 10th grader looking at a 11th grader. Common sense.

That holdback argument is just as good as, it will make your son better going against holdbacks, while they play down a year.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #351457 10/02/21 09:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the definition of mediocrity is an unathletic one-sport kid holding back in school so he can play down in age. Congrats on him finally finding success in a sport.

My son is a "holdback" in lacrosse and plays center midfield on his travel soccer team, point guard in AAU, and shortstop for the town's little league all-star team when he was a full year younger than everyone. He plays on grade in lacrosse with his friends and dominates that too. Some kids are athletes. Others were born to non-athletes who complain on anonymous message boards. Maybe get your kid to start studying for the LSAT.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #351476 10/02/21 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Full year younger” = playing with kids in the grade he should be in..holdback daddy logic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351489 10/02/21 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a "holdback" in lacrosse and plays center midfield on his travel soccer team, point guard in AAU, and shortstop for the town's little league all-star team WHEN HE WAS A FULL YEAR YOUNGER than everyone. He plays on grade in lacrosse with his friends and dominates that too. Some kids are athletes. Others were born to non-athletes who complain on anonymous message boards. Maybe get your kid to start studying for the LSAT.

Sneaky holdback parents.
No one cares what he did in first grade.
Notice the past tense- he USED to play those other sports, but as the athletes got better, he whittled down to soccer and lacrosse, where he can still play up.
Let me guess, he's probably gonna "focus on lacrosse" in high school. Maybe give up soccer for...cross country?

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #351492 10/03/21 01:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdbacks are sanctioned cheating. Period end of story. US Lacrosse is worthless, and openly hypocritical to boot.

Calendar year is the only way to change the sport. US Lacrosse will never endorse it because it takes away from their donors.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351497 10/03/21 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Full year younger” = playing with kids in the grade he should be in..holdback daddy logic.
But why even have a forum or post on this. Do you all really care that much? You win some, you lose some, you can order tee shirts online. College coaches get kids based on graduation year not age. That said, a college coach also knows when a kid has reclassed and if that is why they are better. In this house, we play the team in front of us and if we win we win if we lose we learn but we never make excuses. Bring the challenge cause my on age kid has more upside than your holdback kid and that will play out but I couldn’t care less when your kid was born. Lets play the game and see where the cards fall.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard