Registration is open for the Girls Elite 88 Showcase - Sign up at CBLaxers.com/girls
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:29 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:28 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:20 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,694
Posts312,366
Members2,343
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 54 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 53 54
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350370 09/21/21 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Regarding the Fall prospect camps, for a 2024/HS Sophmore player, does anyone who has already been through the process with other kids, feel the Fall camps are worth doing?

Depends. For my daughter they were a total waste of time and money. Might have actually hurt her. She plays on a top team and gets plenty of exposure there. My experience is that camp Play is extremely selfish and if a girl gets put on a bad team it’s horrible. Some people say that certain schools only recruit from camps. This is false information. My daughter was recruited by several of those schools. I suppose camps could be beneficial to a girl who plays on a weak team or from a non hotbed area and does very well at the camp.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350382 09/21/21 05:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick 1 or 2 at most winter elite camps. Not the fall. The fall is much too busy looking at the 2023s. Do it December or January elite prospect day at a school you are interested in. Some of them will have coaches from other schools there as well. My daughter did this in her 9th grade winter. And she got a ton of mileage out of it. Yes it was at a top tier school.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350493 09/22/21 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pick 1 or 2 at most winter elite camps. Not the fall. The fall is much too busy looking at the 2023s. Do it December or January elite prospect day at a school you are interested in. Some of them will have coaches from other schools there as well. My daughter did this in her 9th grade winter. And she got a ton of mileage out of it. Yes it was at a top tier school.

Assume same goes for Fall tournaments? Coaches too busy looking at 23's?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350525 09/22/21 03:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They are very busy with 2023s and some 2022s. Start with the emails. Make a long list. Use a recruiting Platform. Sports recruits or Connectlax. Have your daughter write a nice introductory letter. Wait till end of November and send. If you have a very short video attached that. After a that. Follow up monthly with emails. Until summer

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350539 09/22/21 05:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes. They are very busy with 2023s and some 2022s. Start with the emails. Make a long list. Use a recruiting Platform. Sports recruits or Connectlax. Have your daughter write a nice introductory letter. Wait till end of November and send. If you have a very short video attached that. After a that. Follow up monthly with emails. Until summer

Are you saying President's Cup in the Fall is a waste of time? What qualifies you to say this?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350549 09/22/21 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO. The presidents cup is the 1st event That possibly could get some looks at the 2024s. It is late November.tye top tier and 2nd tier 23’s will be committed by then. Huge event. The coaches will be there but not so much lookikf at the 24s. use it for film not Because you think the college coaches will be on the sidelines. Get video. Or buy the video package and make a highlight reel. That’s what you can mail out with your introductory emails

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350565 09/23/21 06:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes. They are very busy with 2023s and some 2022s. Start with the emails. Make a long list. Use a recruiting Platform. Sports recruits or Connectlax. Have your daughter write a nice introductory letter. Wait till end of November and send. If you have a very short video attached that. After a that. Follow up monthly with emails. Until summer

Are you saying President's Cup in the Fall is a waste of time? What qualifies you to say this?

Coaches will be at presidents cup watching 24s. Anyone who says otherwise is very misinformed

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350592 09/23/21 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes. They are very busy with 2023s and some 2022s. Start with the emails. Make a long list. Use a recruiting Platform. Sports recruits or Connectlax. Have your daughter write a nice introductory letter. Wait till end of November and send. If you have a very short video attached that. After a that. Follow up monthly with emails. Until summer

Are you saying President's Cup in the Fall is a waste of time? What qualifies you to say this?

Coaches will be at presidents cup watching 24s. Anyone who says otherwise is very misinformed

Yep, a year is not that far off for them. They will always be looking for their next top recruit prospects. They Want to know/see what’s coming next. See if there is any particular top talent they need to keep a eye on. The top schools have identified their choices for this year. That’s in the works now. They are certainly thinking ahead as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350627 09/23/21 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only 24a getting looked at at presidents cup would be the teams in the top A bracket there, the majority of 24s will not see any college coaches. This is generally the last big tourney that the 23s get a lot of exposure from the d1 schools before focusing on the summer for the 24s as those schools are trying to round out their recruiting classes so they can focus on their college teams for the spring. The 23s will still be recruited next summer, but at that point the top d1 teams have moved on and the lower level d1, d2 and d3 schools will be watching. Anyone who tells you otherwise about the presidents cup is probably a club director looking to pad their pockets by charging you some high numbers to go.
The previous post that said use it for film etc, is exactly right as there will be good competition there, however temper your expectations a bit if you think you'll see college coaches on your sideline for games. Could they be there... sure...Is it likely... no

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350643 09/23/21 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only 24a getting looked at at presidents cup would be the teams in the top A bracket there, the majority of 24s will not see any college coaches. This is generally the last big tourney that the 23s get a lot of exposure from the d1 schools before focusing on the summer for the 24s as those schools are trying to round out their recruiting classes so they can focus on their college teams for the spring. The 23s will still be recruited next summer, but at that point the top d1 teams have moved on and the lower level d1, d2 and d3 schools will be watching. Anyone who tells you otherwise about the presidents cup is probably a club director looking to pad their pockets by charging you some high numbers to go.
The previous post that said use it for film etc, is exactly right as there will be good competition there, however temper your expectations a bit if you think you'll see college coaches on your sideline for games. Could they be there... sure...Is it likely... no

Perfectly stated!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350727 09/24/21 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just went to Presidents Cup (Dallas) Website. 2024 Divisions. Yellow Jackets Gold/Blue/White teams listed?? Where is Weiner/Ramos/Kildare (O’Sullivan)? What’s going on here?

https://iwlca.teamsportsinfo.com/iw...ow_divs_menu=true&show_brackets=true

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350736 09/24/21 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow jackets fall tourneys are a la carte, once registered they put the girls on teams they deem fit depending on who signs up.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350821 09/25/21 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350840 09/26/21 09:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think you could call a director and pay them a big number to guarantee your kid a starting spot and full recruiting support? Maybe half now and half when your kids gets a verbal from a list of schools. I’m sure a select few would pay up for that. 20k now and another 20k once offered.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350846 09/26/21 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you think you could call a director and pay them a big number to guarantee your kid a starting spot and full recruiting support? Maybe half now and half when your kids gets a verbal from a list of schools. I’m sure a select few would pay up for that. 20k now and another 20k once offered.

They could pay whatever they want…. At the end of the day the college coaches at the best programs know what they are looking for, they do not recruit “clubs” they recruit players. There are not too many top tier players that fall through the cracks, they generally end up at a Top 10-15 program.
You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 54 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 53 54
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard






Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4