Registration is open for the Girls Elite 88 Showcase - Sign up at CBLaxers.com/girls
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:29 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:28 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:20 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,694
Posts312,366
Members2,343
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350765 09/24/21 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don’t play for Liberty but am in Central nassau and did go to there summer lacrosse clinics that DG organizes. Most of the girls we played with during the clinics played on Liberty and were friendly with my kid. They also had a couple of BC players there from championship team and cuse players ad well. Both were running some of the clinic. Don’t think they have parent coaching either so may transition to them next year. Am intrigued by S2S given the coaching but not sure where they practice. Want to avoid going to North Shore or Glen Head etc for practice. Would be great is someone knows the general location of practices (am near Mineola)

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #350774 09/24/21 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We don’t play for Liberty but am in Central nassau and did go to there summer lacrosse clinics that DG organizes. Most of the girls we played with during the clinics played on Liberty and were friendly with my kid. They also had a couple of BC players there from championship team and cuse players ad well. Both were running some of the clinic. Don’t think they have parent coaching either so may transition to them next year. Am intrigued by S2S given the coaching but not sure where they practice. Want to avoid going to North Shore or Glen Head etc for practice. Would be great is someone knows the general location of practices (am near Mineola)

Holy child in old westbury and some training sessions in port Washington. Winters are at the hub. Results aside (they were not good last year) my daughter enjoyed it and I thought the instruction and coaching was good. Looks like they made some good additions but we’ll see what happens this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350776 09/24/21 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S practices at old westbury

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350777 09/24/21 11:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you currently play and why are you looking to switch? Just curious, I'm doing research for my daughter too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350815 09/25/21 05:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you currently play and why are you looking to switch? Just curious, I'm doing research for my daughter too.

Icon lax because close to home and daughters best friend was in team. just looking for more practice time during week, skill development and better coaching like everyone else. Just need a step up.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350822 09/25/21 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought icon didn’t have a 27 team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350823 09/25/21 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

It’s really a very small group of 1. Yj parents obsessed with themselves and 2. People who detest them. As said no one doubts they are tops. But as sommeone said, 15ish girls playing, 10 girls parents drinking the koolaid and not playing. End of the day, do as much research as you can and find a place where your daughter will play and get better. The rest is all noise.

YJ talent is off the charts. The fact they don’t win is a reflection directly on the coaching. Just look at all these pickup teams full of YJ girls coached by volunteers. They rarely lose. Just imagine if this team had qualified coaches…..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350834 09/26/21 08:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought icon didn’t have a 27 team

We are younger just saw someone discuss Liberty in an earlier thread so jumped in

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350842 09/26/21 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

It’s really a very small group of 1. Yj parents obsessed with themselves and 2. People who detest them. As said no one doubts they are tops. But as sommeone said, 15ish girls playing, 10 girls parents drinking the koolaid and not playing. End of the day, do as much research as you can and find a place where your daughter will play and get better. The rest is all noise.

YJ talent is off the charts. The fact they don’t win is a reflection directly on the coaching. Just look at all these pickup teams full of YJ girls coached by volunteers. They rarely lose. Just imagine if this team had qualified coaches…..

If true then why do people stay? Just for the name?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #350868 09/26/21 09:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great merch

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350878 09/27/21 07:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

hahahh.

For those in Nassau, what clubs would you consider?
From various threads, I would gather Jesters, Liberty, Tradition is you live in GC? Any other clubs that I’m missing? TG and YJ suffolk seems a bit of a hike tbh. appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350884 09/27/21 07:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

hahahh.

For those in Nassau, what clubs would you consider?
From various threads, I would gather Jesters, Liberty, Tradition is you live in GC? Any other clubs that I’m missing? TG and YJ suffolk seems a bit of a hike tbh. appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Jesters has put a lot of effort into growth and development lately. They offer a lot of training and non parent coaching. They look like a great option for Nassau people. The directors are very committed and roster sizes are smaller than YJs

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350902 09/27/21 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Nassau you also have Elevate, Empire and FLG, Suffolk your missing Legacy, Blue Devils and 91/Bandits. For the most part this is a pretty competitive age group, where YJ Graz and FLG are at the top currently.

Take it with a grain of salt, but looking at US Club Rankings for LI at end of last season, heres where the LI teams ended up in the top 100:
#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Knowing those teams, unless something changed from last year, YJ Graz, YJ Gaghan, FLG Navy, Liberty Black, and Empire all have current or former Varsity coaches coaching those teams. I'm unsure who coaches the other teams so I can't speak about them, but in all cases there are a ton of good girls at this age playing quality lacrosse, and that's a great thing!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350906 09/27/21 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Nassau you also have Elevate, Empire and FLG, Suffolk your missing Legacy, Blue Devils and 91/Bandits. For the most part this is a pretty competitive age group, where YJ Graz and FLG are at the top currently.

Take it with a grain of salt, but looking at US Club Rankings for LI at end of last season, heres where the LI teams ended up in the top 100:
#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Knowing those teams, unless something changed from last year, YJ Graz, YJ Gaghan, FLG Navy, Liberty Black, and Empire all have current or former Varsity coaches coaching those teams. I'm unsure who coaches the other teams so I can't speak about them, but in all cases there are a ton of good girls at this age playing quality lacrosse, and that's a great thing!

Ahh Thank you so much!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350947 09/27/21 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Thanks for the list. Nice to see teams in Nassau ranked. The trek to suffolk is rough

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard