Anonymous #350628 09/23/21 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jersey Express is not that good. Only reason why they advanced to bracket at World Series is because Coach C made sure they were in same pool as LI express along with 4 really bad teams. BBL, LE and Towermen would probably all beat Jersey Express pretty easily.

Coach C has nothing to do with the WS or Jersey express's bracket. Good try though.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350637 09/23/21 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older kid plays for S2S. Good team and getting lots of commits. Younger one plays on a good 26 other team, any feedback on s2s at this age? What is reason s2s won’t become a powerhouse at 26? Thanks.

Express beats s2s by + 18 (being nice)

91 beats s2s by + 10 (give or take)

Igloo beats s2s + 8 (shutout)

The reason is simply that those teams are better. Express is the gold standard with 91 & Igloo not far behind. Every other team on L.I. is a glorified town team with nice helmets. Legacy is off the map and they were next up.

s2s is in the B/C category with the Rebels, Rush, Empire, Outlaws, ECE, and the other glorified town teams. Not sure how good [ChillLaxin] or ROAR is at this level but the top dogs are the top dogs and Express sits alone.

If you want to see where your team stands Coach C will set up a scrimmage and you'll know pretty quick. Glad that your sons team is getting commits but reality will set in quickly when the first wave of Express hits them. It's a mans game now. Be ready.

I would agree with this assessment. Express and 91 are top dogs. After that I would include Legacy with S2S and Igloo. Then Rebels, ECE, Turtles, Empire, Etc.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350660 09/23/21 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the lamest excuse I've ever heard!. Rebels just didn't want to be embarrassed. When you come to a tournament, you come to play period! No matter who the team is on your schedule....I remember a Rebel post from a short while back that they were going to be a force to reckon with. So much for that...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350664 09/23/21 04:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older kid plays for S2S. Good team and getting lots of commits. Younger one plays on a good 26 other team, any feedback on s2s at this age? What is reason s2s won’t become a powerhouse at 26? Thanks.

The reason is simply that those teams are better. Express is the gold standard with 91 & Igloo not far behind. Every other team on L.I. is a glorified town team with nice helmets. Legacy is off the map and they were next up.

s2s is in the B/C category with the Rebels, Rush, Empire, Outlaws, ECE, and the other glorified town teams. Not sure how good [ChillLaxin] or ROAR is at this level but the top dogs are the top dogs and Express sits alone.

If you want to see where your team stands Coach C will set up a scrimmage and you'll know pretty quick. Glad that your sons team is getting commits but reality will set in quickly when the first wave of Express hits them. It's a mans game now. Be ready.

I would agree with this assessment. Express and 91 are top dogs. After that I would include Legacy with S2S and Igloo. Then Rebels, ECE, Turtles, Empire, Etc.

You must be a 91 dad. If you have seen that team play the last couple of years, there is no way you would consider them a top dog. Legacy would get crushed by S2S and igloo at this age.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350686 09/23/21 09:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a 91 dad. If you have seen that team play the last couple of years, there is no way you would consider them a top dog. Legacy would get crushed by S2S and igloo at this age.

Ok, not a 91 dad or Legacy dad. Express and 91 I would consider the best 2026 team on Long Island. Legacy I would think is better than Rebels, ECE, Turtles, Empire etc. would this be correct ?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350692 09/23/21 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, not a 91 dad or Legacy dad. Express and 91 I would consider the best 2026 team on Long Island. Legacy I would think is better than Rebels, ECE, Turtles, Empire etc. would this be correct ?

91 is a disaster. Legacy and those other teams you mention shouldn't even be in the conversation. I'd say Igloo is number 2. A soft number 2.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350698 09/24/21 07:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jersey Express is not that good. Only reason why they advanced to bracket at World Series is because Coach C made sure they were in same pool as LI express along with 4 really bad teams. BBL, LE and Towermen would probably all beat Jersey Express pretty easily.

Coach C has nothing to do with the WS or Jersey express's bracket. Good try though.

You think it was coincidence? It is a known fact that the WS reaches out to program directors for feedback on the pools well before the event. That is not even a secret. Regardless, Jersey Express is probably the 4th best team in NJ at 2026. At best.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350700 09/24/21 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is to be determined....They were a disaster last season and wouldn't expect anything different season. Just a glorified town team...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350725 09/24/21 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think it was coincidence? It is a known fact that the WS reaches out to program directors for feedback on the pools well before the event. That is not even a secret. Regardless, Jersey Express is probably the 4th best team in NJ at 2026. At best.

Giving feed back and "making sure" are 2 different things. He has no more influence over bracket setup than the other local coaches for the event. As far as you ranking them #4 in the state i'd say that makes them a pretty decent team. I wouldn't say "Jersey Express is not that good". Enjoy your weekend of ranking 8th grade teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350742 09/24/21 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is a disaster. Legacy and those other teams you mention shouldn't even be in the conversation. I'd say Igloo is number 2. A soft number 2.

Ok Express dad! There are kids on everyone of those teams that could take little Johnny’s spot on any given day .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #350753 09/24/21 04:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First look of the season this weekend.
Atlantic Elite
Sep 25-26, 2021
Tinton Falls, NJ

Express 2026
3D New England 2026
Mad Dog NJ Black 2026
Next Level 2026

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350781 09/25/21 12:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Giving feed back and "making sure" are 2 different things. He has no more influence over bracket setup than the other local coaches for the event. As far as you ranking them #4 in the state i'd say that makes them a pretty decent team. I wouldn't say "Jersey Express is not that good". Enjoy your weekend of ranking 8th grade teams.

Fair to say JE is downright terrible. At this age Towermen, BBL, LE, true are way better. Maybe patriot, riot, lakers are even or better. Any of the talent at 2026 or 2025 left last summer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350782 09/25/21 12:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The amount of meddling in tournaments by coaches, directors with pull is depressing

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350784 09/25/21 07:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair to say JE is downright terrible. At this age Towermen, BBL, LE, true are way better. Maybe patriot, riot, lakers are even or better. Any of the talent at 2026 or 2025 left last summer.

Nobody cares about jersey.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350790 09/25/21 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The amount of meddling in tournaments by coaches, directors with pull is depressing

Yup

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard