Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #350750 09/24/21 03:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to admit as a 23 parent, the Prez Cup travel seems like a bit of overkill this year. Noticed that several of the really big teams will not be there— grizzlies for one, assuming many of their girls don’t need the showcase since they’ve already been seen and offered?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #350755 09/24/21 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have to admit as a 23 parent, the Prez Cup travel seems like a bit of overkill this year. Noticed that several of the really big teams will not be there— grizzlies for one, assuming many of their girls don’t need the showcase since they’ve already been seen and offered?

Nobody cares if the grizzlies won't be there. All the other top teams have just as many high level commits as them. They are no different. Even though the top teams have several great commits, it's a shame that the grizzlie club would not want to help out the majority of their team, who have not committed by competing in the top fall tournament. Sounds very selfish to me. My daughter, who has committed, can't wait to go and help her teammates get recruited! Will be some darn good lax too!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350758 09/24/21 05:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares if the grizzlies won't be there. All the other top teams have just as many high level commits as them. They are no different. Even though the top teams have several great commits, it's a shame that the grizzlie club would not want to help out the majority of their team, who have not committed by competing in the top fall tournament. Sounds very selfish to me. My daughter, who has committed, can't wait to go and help her teammates get recruited! Will be some darn good lax too!

Flights are ridiculous right now. Rental cars high. Should still be in Orlando

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350769 09/24/21 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the grizzlies realize that your time and money might be better spent targeting some specific schools and going to their prospect days then spending a small fortune on a tournament hoping a college coach notices you.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350770 09/24/21 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the grizzlies realize that your time and money might be better spent targeting some specific schools and going to their prospect days then spending a small fortune on a tournament hoping a college coach notices you.

Please stop with your crying poverty. Grizzlies are probably the most financially entitled club out there. Go or don’t go. Nobody cares if you’re there, except maybe the girls on you team that are not committed

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350771 09/24/21 09:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t do this if your daughter is being actively recruited. It is expensive and totally unnecessary. My daughters ‘21 team stopped going after fall of 10th grade with no impact on recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350775 09/24/21 10:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so funny. Flights to Dallas are way cheaper than Orlando.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #350798 09/25/21 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the person saying multiple times 'No one cares if the Grizzlies are there'.
Sure, OK. No one cares about getting spanked all summer and wanting another shot at them at Presidents Cup?
I know my daughter and her teammates do.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #350800 09/25/21 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of recruits recruited already from just a few teams shows that it DOES matter for what team you play.
The girls on these teams have a much smoother ride than ones not.
All of the coaches are watching these games on the sidelines so its a benefit to play them as well.
This is my first rodeo so I'm learning SO MUCH.
Talent Always Wins but some girls have to work harder to get seen.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350802 09/25/21 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the person saying multiple times 'No one cares if the Grizzlies are there'.
Sure, OK. No one cares about getting spanked all summer and wanting another shot at them at Presidents Cup?

Lol, Grizzlies we’re spanked by M&D. Was a beat down. I’m sure Grizzlies would want to avoid that again. Yikes!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350803 09/25/21 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm…..sounds like someone is confused. It’s a recruiting tournament. Girls are going to get recruited, how many girls have been recruited from the Grizzlies? 5/6? I’m sure the rest of your team would love to get a chance to play in front of the big coaches. The score of the games are meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350805 09/25/21 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speak for your own team. M&D lost by 1 goal at Lax for the Cure and spanked the Grizzlies at the Mid Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350806 09/25/21 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of recruits recruited already from just a few teams shows that it DOES matter for what team you play.
All of the coaches are watching these games on the sidelines so its a benefit to play them as well.

Of course it matters who you play for look at the commits. Grizzlies, YJ, TG and M&D have the most. It’s all about the exposure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350807 09/25/21 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You say so.. my daughters team beats them way more then they lose to them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350826 09/25/21 09:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it matters who you play for look at the commits. Grizzlies, YJ, TG and M&D have the most. It’s all about the exposure.

It’s all about percentages. If you have 80 kids on an age group you should have more commits than a club with 30 kids on an age group. Sometimes the club with the most commits also has the most players who don’t commit.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 65 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 64 65
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard