Registration is open for the Girls Elite 88 Showcase - Sign up at CBLaxers.com/girls
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:29 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:28 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:20 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 10/17/21 10:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,694
Posts312,366
Members2,343
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #349653 09/14/21 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have 4 committed as well.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #349659 09/14/21 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That's it? Well, I guess you need high grades to get in to most great schools.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349661 09/14/21 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349664 09/14/21 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #349673 09/14/21 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #349676 09/14/21 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

It will be interesting to see if any lax rats on the top AA team go to college just for lax and wind up working for my son.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349677 09/14/21 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349700 09/14/21 06:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

I believe the reason the numbers are not higher is because people are taking their time. Most people I have spoke with want to make sure the fit is right academically, socially and lacrosse wise. No need to rush at this point. All the top players and even the next tier players have had contact with coaches. Find the best fit.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349715 09/14/21 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the absolute densest posts ever.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349716 09/14/21 07:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see if any lax rats on the top AA team go to college just for lax and wind up working for my son.

hahaha most likely.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #350684 09/23/21 08:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw an IL tweet that 100 juniors have already committed since sept 1st. Wow!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #350737 09/24/21 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the Rebels had a pair of commits yesterday

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350739 09/24/21 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well aren't they just the best! Definitely the best club to be on hahah

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #350748 09/24/21 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the commitment process for D3 schools? Do they ever have pre-regular admission verbal commitments like the D1's?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350757 09/24/21 05:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well aren't they just the best! Definitely the best club to be on hahah

Huh? Think that was just an update. If your this petty over a club assume you may have been cut from it. However, more of an excitement to see more Long Island D1 guys! All about guys finding the right spot. At this point I think we have a consensus on just rooting for future success for these young men.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard