BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to admit as a 23 parent, the Prez Cup travel seems like a bit of overkill this year. Noticed that several of the really big teams will not be there— grizzlies for one, assuming many of their girls don’t need the showcase since they’ve already been seen and offered?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have to admit as a 23 parent, the Prez Cup travel seems like a bit of overkill this year. Noticed that several of the really big teams will not be there— grizzlies for one, assuming many of their girls don’t need the showcase since they’ve already been seen and offered?

Nobody cares if the grizzlies won't be there. All the other top teams have just as many high level commits as them. They are no different. Even though the top teams have several great commits, it's a shame that the grizzlie club would not want to help out the majority of their team, who have not committed by competing in the top fall tournament. Sounds very selfish to me. My daughter, who has committed, can't wait to go and help her teammates get recruited! Will be some darn good lax too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares if the grizzlies won't be there. All the other top teams have just as many high level commits as them. They are no different. Even though the top teams have several great commits, it's a shame that the grizzlie club would not want to help out the majority of their team, who have not committed by competing in the top fall tournament. Sounds very selfish to me. My daughter, who has committed, can't wait to go and help her teammates get recruited! Will be some darn good lax too!

Flights are ridiculous right now. Rental cars high. Should still be in Orlando

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the grizzlies realize that your time and money might be better spent targeting some specific schools and going to their prospect days then spending a small fortune on a tournament hoping a college coach notices you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the grizzlies realize that your time and money might be better spent targeting some specific schools and going to their prospect days then spending a small fortune on a tournament hoping a college coach notices you.

Please stop with your crying poverty. Grizzlies are probably the most financially entitled club out there. Go or don’t go. Nobody cares if you’re there, except maybe the girls on you team that are not committed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t do this if your daughter is being actively recruited. It is expensive and totally unnecessary. My daughters ‘21 team stopped going after fall of 10th grade with no impact on recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so funny. Flights to Dallas are way cheaper than Orlando.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the person saying multiple times 'No one cares if the Grizzlies are there'.
Sure, OK. No one cares about getting spanked all summer and wanting another shot at them at Presidents Cup?
I know my daughter and her teammates do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of recruits recruited already from just a few teams shows that it DOES matter for what team you play.
The girls on these teams have a much smoother ride than ones not.
All of the coaches are watching these games on the sidelines so its a benefit to play them as well.
This is my first rodeo so I'm learning SO MUCH.
Talent Always Wins but some girls have to work harder to get seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the person saying multiple times 'No one cares if the Grizzlies are there'.
Sure, OK. No one cares about getting spanked all summer and wanting another shot at them at Presidents Cup?

Lol, Grizzlies we’re spanked by M&D. Was a beat down. I’m sure Grizzlies would want to avoid that again. Yikes!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm…..sounds like someone is confused. It’s a recruiting tournament. Girls are going to get recruited, how many girls have been recruited from the Grizzlies? 5/6? I’m sure the rest of your team would love to get a chance to play in front of the big coaches. The score of the games are meaningless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speak for your own team. M&D lost by 1 goal at Lax for the Cure and spanked the Grizzlies at the Mid Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of recruits recruited already from just a few teams shows that it DOES matter for what team you play.
All of the coaches are watching these games on the sidelines so its a benefit to play them as well.

Of course it matters who you play for look at the commits. Grizzlies, YJ, TG and M&D have the most. It’s all about the exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You say so.. my daughters team beats them way more then they lose to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it matters who you play for look at the commits. Grizzlies, YJ, TG and M&D have the most. It’s all about the exposure.

It’s all about percentages. If you have 80 kids on an age group you should have more commits than a club with 30 kids on an age group. Sometimes the club with the most commits also has the most players who don’t commit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's so funny. Flights to Dallas are way cheaper than Orlando.

Maybe from New York. They want you all to stay out and enjoy your home state politics!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You say so.. my daughters team beats them way more then they lose to them.

That's awesome. It's better to have good competition! There will be good competition at Prez Cup even without the Griz. And I am sure that the west coast teams are happy it's in Dallas. I met a player/parent duo from out west who lived on the east coast for 7 weeks this summer recruiting. They spend waaaay more money than any east coaster trying to get their shot. I was shocked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm…..sounds like someone is confused. It’s a recruiting tournament. Girls are going to get recruited, how many girls have been recruited from the Grizzlies? 5/6? I’m sure the rest of your team would love to get a chance to play in front of the big coaches. The score of the games are meaningless.

The Grizzlies have 10 committed so far. UNC, Harvard, Princeton, Virginia, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Michigan x2, Richmond, Navy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to CT Grizzlies website, they have 27 total 2023s and 10 commits so far. Princeton, Harvard, Dartmouth, UNC, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Grizzlies have 10 committed so far. UNC, Harvard, Princeton, Virginia, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Michigan x2, Richmond, Navy.

That is absolutely terrific! There are going to be a lot of delusional Long Island parents getting a dose of reality. Many great players from all across the country receiving offers from the best college programs. Too many Long Island players think that they know who all of the best 23’s are, they do not know. Part of the problems is that their daughters play for one of the 4 or 5 top LI Club teams and maybe the will be listed as Top 100 players by Newsday, or the top 50-75 best by BOTC. Nice for the players to be recognized but the lists are simply too big and there is a big gap after the top 20-25 players. The Top 20-25 LI players will receive offers from the Top 15-20 college programs. I realize that there are a lot of great opportunities for the girls but I also know that the type of parent I am talking about believes their daughter is a top player and will receive offers from the top college programs, most will not. The complaints, excuses and then the justification of why XYZ is a better choice than UNC or Virginia or Why ABC is a better choice than Stanford, Norhwestern or Duke….
It’s not politics, coaches at the best programs take players that they believe can help the program compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is absolutely terrific! There are going to be a lot of delusional Long Island parents getting a dose of reality. Many great players from all across the country receiving offers from the best college programs. Too many Long Island players think that they know who all of the best 23’s are, they do not know. Part of the problems is that their daughters play for one of the 4 or 5 top LI Club teams and maybe the will be listed as Top 100 players by Newsday, or the top 50-75 best by BOTC. Nice for the players to be recognized but the lists are simply too big and there is a big gap after the top 20-25 players. The Top 20-25 LI players will receive offers from the Top 15-20 college programs. I realize that there are a lot of great opportunities for the girls but I also know that the type of parent I am talking about believes their daughter is a top player and will receive offers from the top college programs, most will not. The complaints, excuses and then the justification of why XYZ is a better choice than UNC or Virginia or Why ABC is a better choice than Stanford, Norhwestern or Duke….
It’s not politics, coaches at the best programs take players that they believe can help the program compete.

My daughter is committed and plays for a top LI club. The LI clubs will have the same number and quality of commits as Grizzlies, M&D, Stepps, Hero's, Skywalkers. Not sure what your point is. My daughter received offers from 4 top 15 schools, so I am definitely not "delusional" I expected that, and it happened. The majority of girls knew where the stood before Sept. 1 due to the communication with the club director. The whole point of the selfish poster was that Grizzlies did not ned to attend an important recruiting tournament because they have so many commits. What about the other 17 girls on the team that may still need exposure? Most schools still have several spots to fill. My daughter is a good teammate, and will go to help her friends and have fun playing lacrosse against great competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is committed and plays for a top LI club. The LI clubs will have the same number and quality of commits as Grizzlies, M&D, Stepps, Hero's, Skywalkers. Not sure what your point is. My daughter received offers from 4 top 15 schools, so I am definitely not "delusional" I expected that, and it happened. The majority of girls knew where the stood before Sept. 1 due to the communication with the club director. The whole point of the selfish poster was that Grizzlies did not ned to attend an important recruiting tournament because they have so many commits. What about the other 17 girls on the team that may still need exposure? Most schools still have several spots to fill. My daughter is a good teammate, and will go to help her friends and have fun playing lacrosse against great competition.

Congrats to your daughter, it is no doubt well deserved. There are delusional parents everywhere, but there are mostly parents and coaches just trying to do their best for their kids who have worked hard towards a dream. To the earlier question about Prez Cup, before the geographic finger pointing and club shaming started, it is a great opportunity to recruit in front of many coaches. They all attend the annual IWLCA meeting on the 17th and then stay after to recuit. The top colleges have their lists and might find a new face at Prez for final spots, but that really is a long shot. Maybe they want to see some girls on their list play with their teams to help them decide. The 80+ other DI college teams are actively recruiting. If your daughter is recruiting at this event, make sure she is reaching beyond top 25 schools. The Grizzlies will probably be at events the first 2 recruiting weekends in Nov. and I am sure the 2nd half of the roster will do just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classes are now starting to get numbers in the top schools - almost a month in. And, most of the top schools are saying they will have a small 2023 class. But nothing yet from Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins.

BC: 3-4
UNC: 5
UVA: 6
Syracuse: 4-5
Princeton: 6
Penn: 5
Florida: 5
Duke: 4-5
Maryland: 3
Rutgers: 2
Notre Dame: 1-2
Northwestern; 0
Hopkins: 0
Stanford: 0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classes are now starting to get numbers in the top schools - almost a month in. And, most of the top schools are saying they will have a small 2023 class. But nothing yet from Northwestern, Stanford, Hopkins.

Northwestern; 0

Keep in mind that Northwestern and Stanford start later and just started having girls on campus last week. Will probably see a few commits there this week and next

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind that Northwestern and Stanford start later and just started having girls on campus last week. Will probably see a few commits there this week and next[/quote]

And Hopkins has coach change occurring (Tucker's last year is this year) and it is definitely affecting recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Very happy to see that Rutgers had a very good season last year and hopefully will continue to build on the success and develop into a top 20 caliber program but not sure they are in the same category as the other programs listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

How many of the commits are from The Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Yale got a couple players too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Oh yes, there are a number of Ivy League commits

Harvard - 4
Yale - 4
Cornell - 3
Brown - 2
Dartmouth - 2-3
Columbia - 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Yes, and so have many other schools but the original post was trying to identify the Top Lacrosse Programs that have committed players.

Yale is an excellent school but it has been a long time since they have fielded a very competitive women’s lacrosse team. There is no shortage of players that would like to go to Yale I’m sure of that. However, Princeton, Northwestern, Penn, Duke, Stanford, Hopkins and Notre Dame are the Top 20 academic schools that consistently bring in the large majority of top academic kids who also happen to be top tier lacrosse players.

Not knocking Yale, it’s just reality that they have not been competitive with the top programs for a while, certainly more than 10 or 12 years. Who knows, maybe this year will be different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Harvard - 4
Yale - 4
Cornell - 3
Brown - 2
Dartmouth - 2-3
Columbia - 1

How many Long Island kids to The Ivy’s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Harvard - 4
Yale - 4
Cornell - 3
Brown - 2
Dartmouth - 2-3
Columbia - 1

How many Long Island kids to The Ivy’s?

Not sure why the focus on Long Island, but count them! More interesting to see how many from outside the hotbed.

Vanderbilt has a bunch from Florida. Gators have one from Ohio. Penn has one from Oregon. Denver's are from all over the place....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two YJs LI to Yale. A shame they aren't more competitive. Seems like only Penn and Princeton are the only Ivies any good at women's lax. If you're looking for tippy top academics (top 10) coupled with competitive lacrosse, your choices are Princeton, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Penn; in that order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two YJs LI to Yale. A shame they aren't more competitive. Seems like only Penn and Princeton are the only Ivies any good at women's lax. If you're looking for tippy top academics (top 10) coupled with competitive lacrosse, your choices are Princeton, Stanford, Northwestern, Duke, Penn; in that order.

You could add Hopkins to that list, very competitive lacrosse program and obviously Top 10 academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn’t call it a shame, the reality is that there is only so much talent to go around and the usual suspects seem to be able to consistently get the majority of it. When you are looking for high caliber academic kids as well as high caliber lacrosse kids the pool of players is even smaller. Dartmouth looked like they were going to be extremely competitive let’s hope the new coach can continue to build .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could add Hopkins to that list, very competitive lacrosse program and obviously Top 10 academics.

Yes, absolutely! Forgot to mention them, would go after Penn, but definitely belong in the list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Keep in mind that Northwestern and Stanford start later and just started having girls on campus last week. Will probably see a few commits there this week and next

You are correct! Northwestern had their first commit announced today. From Mass Elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

You are correct! Northwestern had their first commit announced today. From Mass Elite.

Stanford has a couple too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern; 0

Stanford has a couple too

I don’t believe that…. Some clown on here say nobody wants to go to Stanford….

Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard