BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’ve heard of some of the rumors with YJ and FLG. But what’s this about Liberty? I thought they had most of the Manhasset girls playing for them.

Parents creating an invite only 7v7 team, only the top girls playing all the time. Plenty of bench riders. They also do a lot of “optional” training at an added cost and time commitment. Hard when you play other sports. Strangely the bench riders aren’t the ones who left. They lost a few of their top players and replaced with girls that have never played travel
Lax before. Not big upgrades. Manhasset Varisty coach as well as the North Shore Varsity coach at Shore2Shore will starting pulling Manhasset and North Shore talent that way. Going to get interesting.

S2S is years away from being a legitimate girls club. Their teams are pretty much walk-ons.

I don’t know about years away. Look at what they did with the boys side. It started with 1 team and has exploded to multiple teams in each year. Their original team is starting to commit to very good schools. The 2027 girls team was terrible last year and somehow got enough girls to sign up for 2 teams (walk in or not) the Liberty B team lost a lot of girls and has Avery thin roster right now. S2S also has 2 teams at other ages for the girls. Impressive after 1 year. I am not saying I would join the team but I wouldn’t count them out so fast. Having varsity coaches from high schools is a big draw for some kids.

Volume does not equal quality. You have to look at the level of the play and what kind of girls they’re drawing in. I know a large number of them never played club or lax for that matter. That doesn’t mean it’s not a valuable opp for those girls. But it won’t be a legit club for a while, if it gets there.

You know the large number of girls never played how? Liberty just took some that have never played before on their A team. So did Empire. What does it say for those established clubs? I think if you can come off a 1st season with a terrible record and still attract girls to a club it says something. The liberty B team is walk on and has been around awhile and still didn’t get a lot of girls to sign up this year. Speaks volumes. My kid doesn’t play for S2S so I guess this season will tell if they improved or not. I think the amount of movement seen this years shows that people aren’t happy and will go elsewhere.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve heard of some of the rumors with YJ and FLG. But what’s this about Liberty? I thought they had most of the Manhasset girls playing for them.

Parents creating an invite only 7v7 team, only the top girls playing all the time. Plenty of bench riders. They also do a lot of “optional” training at an added cost and time commitment. Hard when you play other sports. Strangely the bench riders aren’t the ones who left. They lost a few of their top players and replaced with girls that have never played travel
Lax before. Not big upgrades. Manhasset Varisty coach as well as the North Shore Varsity coach at Shore2Shore will starting pulling Manhasset and North Shore talent that way. Going to get interesting.

If the top players left, it’s an indicator that the parents didn’t see the team going anywhere. Parents leave when they know their kids can do better. Not a good sign for Liberty.

Agree but also there a decent amount of delusional parents out there that think the grass is greener, my kid is better than that kid, etc. don’t know who or why people left. I did hear 2 or 3 age groups at liberty that rosters bordering on not enough kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the top players left, it’s an indicator that the parents didn’t see the team going anywhere. Parents leave when they know their kids can do better. Not a good sign for Liberty.

Agree but also there a decent amount of delusional parents out there that think the grass is greener, my kid is better than that kid, etc. don’t know who or why people left. I did hear 2 or 3 age groups at liberty that rosters bordering on not enough kids.

The Liberty 2024 team did pick up some very good players. That team will be very strong and perhaps could help the clubs reputation ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean big draw from the prints hoping said coach give their daughter an advantage when they make varsity, most 7th grade girls not know about the varsity coaches yet.

Btw who coaches the 2027 S2S teams?

S2S is years away from being a legitimate girls club. Their teams are pretty much walk-ons.

I don’t know about years away. Look at what they did with the boys side. It started with 1 team and has exploded to multiple teams in each year. Their original team is starting to commit to very good schools. The 2027 girls team was terrible last year and somehow got enough girls to sign up for 2 teams (walk in or not) the Liberty B team lost a lot of girls and has Avery thin roster right now. S2S also has 2 teams at other ages for the girls. Impressive after 1 year. I am not saying I would join the team but I wouldn’t count them out so fast. Having varsity coaches from high schools is a big draw for some kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean big draw from the prints hoping said coach give their daughter an advantage when they make varsity, most 7th grade girls not know about the varsity coaches yet.

Btw who coaches the 2027 S2S teams?

You seem angry about this. I think many parents are aware of who coaches at their high schools. Some may have older daughters. Doesn’t mean you get an advantage when they get to high school per se but learning from someone who will be your future coach isn’t a bad thing. All the coaches are listed on their Instagram. I think the biggest take away is that S2S staffed up with quality coaches. People that do this for a living. Not just people that played in college. May mean nothing for them but it may work out. Time will tell.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don’t play for Liberty but am in Central nassau and did go to there summer lacrosse clinics that DG organizes. Most of the girls we played with during the clinics played on Liberty and were friendly with my kid. They also had a couple of BC players there from championship team and cuse players ad well. Both were running some of the clinic. Don’t think they have parent coaching either so may transition to them next year. Am intrigued by S2S given the coaching but not sure where they practice. Want to avoid going to North Shore or Glen Head etc for practice. Would be great is someone knows the general location of practices (am near Mineola)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don’t play for Liberty but am in Central nassau and did go to there summer lacrosse clinics that DG organizes. Most of the girls we played with during the clinics played on Liberty and were friendly with my kid. They also had a couple of BC players there from championship team and cuse players ad well. Both were running some of the clinic. Don’t think they have parent coaching either so may transition to them next year. Am intrigued by S2S given the coaching but not sure where they practice. Want to avoid going to North Shore or Glen Head etc for practice. Would be great is someone knows the general location of practices (am near Mineola)

Holy child in old westbury and some training sessions in port Washington. Winters are at the hub. Results aside (they were not good last year) my daughter enjoyed it and I thought the instruction and coaching was good. Looks like they made some good additions but we’ll see what happens this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S practices at old westbury

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you currently play and why are you looking to switch? Just curious, I'm doing research for my daughter too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you currently play and why are you looking to switch? Just curious, I'm doing research for my daughter too.

Icon lax because close to home and daughters best friend was in team. just looking for more practice time during week, skill development and better coaching like everyone else. Just need a step up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought icon didn’t have a 27 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

It’s really a very small group of 1. Yj parents obsessed with themselves and 2. People who detest them. As said no one doubts they are tops. But as sommeone said, 15ish girls playing, 10 girls parents drinking the koolaid and not playing. End of the day, do as much research as you can and find a place where your daughter will play and get better. The rest is all noise.

YJ talent is off the charts. The fact they don’t win is a reflection directly on the coaching. Just look at all these pickup teams full of YJ girls coached by volunteers. They rarely lose. Just imagine if this team had qualified coaches…..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought icon didn’t have a 27 team

We are younger just saw someone discuss Liberty in an earlier thread so jumped in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

It’s really a very small group of 1. Yj parents obsessed with themselves and 2. People who detest them. As said no one doubts they are tops. But as sommeone said, 15ish girls playing, 10 girls parents drinking the koolaid and not playing. End of the day, do as much research as you can and find a place where your daughter will play and get better. The rest is all noise.

YJ talent is off the charts. The fact they don’t win is a reflection directly on the coaching. Just look at all these pickup teams full of YJ girls coached by volunteers. They rarely lose. Just imagine if this team had qualified coaches…..

If true then why do people stay? Just for the name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great merch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

hahahh.

For those in Nassau, what clubs would you consider?
From various threads, I would gather Jesters, Liberty, Tradition is you live in GC? Any other clubs that I’m missing? TG and YJ suffolk seems a bit of a hike tbh. appreciate any insight. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As an outsider, who is thinking about travel lax.....there seems to be an over abundance of discussion with YJ. Good and bad. How do they match up against Long Island teams? wins/loses

hahahh.

For those in Nassau, what clubs would you consider?
From various threads, I would gather Jesters, Liberty, Tradition is you live in GC? Any other clubs that I’m missing? TG and YJ suffolk seems a bit of a hike tbh. appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Jesters has put a lot of effort into growth and development lately. They offer a lot of training and non parent coaching. They look like a great option for Nassau people. The directors are very committed and roster sizes are smaller than YJs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Nassau you also have Elevate, Empire and FLG, Suffolk your missing Legacy, Blue Devils and 91/Bandits. For the most part this is a pretty competitive age group, where YJ Graz and FLG are at the top currently.

Take it with a grain of salt, but looking at US Club Rankings for LI at end of last season, heres where the LI teams ended up in the top 100:
#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Knowing those teams, unless something changed from last year, YJ Graz, YJ Gaghan, FLG Navy, Liberty Black, and Empire all have current or former Varsity coaches coaching those teams. I'm unsure who coaches the other teams so I can't speak about them, but in all cases there are a ton of good girls at this age playing quality lacrosse, and that's a great thing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Nassau you also have Elevate, Empire and FLG, Suffolk your missing Legacy, Blue Devils and 91/Bandits. For the most part this is a pretty competitive age group, where YJ Graz and FLG are at the top currently.

Take it with a grain of salt, but looking at US Club Rankings for LI at end of last season, heres where the LI teams ended up in the top 100:
#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Knowing those teams, unless something changed from last year, YJ Graz, YJ Gaghan, FLG Navy, Liberty Black, and Empire all have current or former Varsity coaches coaching those teams. I'm unsure who coaches the other teams so I can't speak about them, but in all cases there are a ton of good girls at this age playing quality lacrosse, and that's a great thing!

Ahh Thank you so much!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Thanks for the list. Nice to see teams in Nassau ranked. The trek to suffolk is rough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain the purpose of the 7v7 tournaments? Does it provide for a more high speed game? Numbers on rosters too low? or something else.
Why can’t we just play in regular tournaments with full rosters and players on field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain the purpose of the 7v7 tournaments? Does it provide for a more high speed game? Numbers on rosters too low? or something else.
Why can’t we just play in regular tournaments with full rosters and players on field?

Smaller fields, so they can be played at smaller venues... you can get 3 7v7 fields across one standard field. Its a location thing. Secondarily, the idea is for faster play and more touches considering there are less girls in smaller spaces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#6 YJ Graz
#9 FLG Navy
#20 Liberty Black
#30 Empire
#31 YJ Gaghan
#36 Top Gun
#45 Jesters
#46 Elevate
#70 Blue Devils
#71 YJ Palermo
#72 Legacy
#80 LI Rush
#86 FLG White
#90 91/Bandits

Thanks for the list. Nice to see teams in Nassau ranked. The trek to suffolk is rough
take the rankings with a gratin if salt. These will change up this year with all the movement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smaller fields, so they can be played at smaller venues... you can get 3 7v7 fields across one standard field. Its a location thing. Secondarily, the idea is for faster play and more touches considering there are less girls in smaller spaces.

So, really it’s a method to get more teams playing and can make more $s? 7v7s seem like a waste for girls over 5th grade? It’s just quick to goal , seems to be no real game play? Field too small fur older girls…?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, really it’s a method to get more teams playing and can make more $s? 7v7s seem like a waste for girls over 5th grade? It’s just quick to goal , seems to be no real game play? Field too small fur older girls…?

Yes 7v7 is a bastardized version of the sport....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7v7 is good to teach quicker decision making, outside of that it's fairly awful. Most teams will split their rosters for 7v7. Some fall tourneys are full field normal games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7v7 is good to teach quicker decision making, outside of that it's fairly awful. Most teams will split their rosters for 7v7. Some fall tourneys are full field normal games.

I see the benefit for the younger girls. I think the Older more experienced girls should be full field, real game situations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7v7 is for tournament directors to make $$ in the fall and for teams not to worry about missing players due to soccer and other fall sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is ranked #6 nationally, "they don't win"? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ is ranked #6 nationally, "they don't win"? Really?[/quote

They beat they #1, #2, and #3 teams in July. They win, people spread fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My youngest on a 4th grade team last year that had 19 girls in the team. We did the 7v7 in port washington. They did not split the roster and playing time was less than ideal. ugh!!!! Not a fan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

national rankings. lol. And also lost to those teams all year plus several others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

national rankings. lol. And also lost to those teams all year plus several others.

I think the original intention of that post was to provide for teams on LI and guide another poster to teams in Nassau (think they mentioned take with grain of salt). Otherwise, thanks to poster for posting rankings teams. Am now aware of other options in Nassau. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Evidently you don't follow the 2027age group closely.

I'm not a YJ parent, Im not even a Long Island parent, but beating a M&D team that went 44-5 or beating a Hero's team (TWICE) that went 42-6, is a heck of an accomplishment.
They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

I'm not a YJ parent, Im not even a Long Island parent, but beating a M&D team that went 44-5 or beating a Hero's team (TWICE) that went 42-6, is a heck of an accomplishment.
They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.[/quote]

Who cares! All these girls are playing high level lacrosse and not playing video games or making out with dudes behind the local Stop and Shop! Many of you living vicariously through your 12 year old daughters are going to be miserable when you have driven your daughters away from an amazing sport. Sit back, eat a sandwich, just watch your kids play and shut your meat hole!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 27 year is very talented across the board on multiple clubs on the island. Much more so than 2026 for some reason.

There is a steep drop off in the 27 year right now. FLG/YJ and the. Everyone else. Liberty was at the top of that everyone else but their team took a big hit this year so it will be interesting to see how the rest group looks at the end of next summer.

As for the differences between years, that always happens. Maybe the 26 year is a big soccer year.

With all the “optional” trainings that really aren’t optional makes it hard to play multiple travel sports. Kids are sadly being forced to choose.

I watched YJ 27 B team last year (Gaghan) and it was a 2 girl teams. Assuming both girls moved either to A team or somewhere else, i can't see this team being competitive at all. Not sure I see the depth at the 27 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
way too many

26+?

The YJ rosters are posted online. They have 3 teams of 25, 25, and 24. Looks like across the 3 teams they picked up 22 new players. No clue where they all came from but that is a lot of movement.

Looking at Graz, 9 girls did not return, either left YJ or in many cases, are now on B or C team.

For the 9 that left, curious where they went? FLG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.

Who cares! All these girls are playing high level lacrosse and not playing video games or making out with dudes behind the local Stop and Shop! Many of you living vicariously through your 12 year old daughters are going to be miserable when you have driven your daughters away from an amazing sport. Sit back, eat a sandwich, just watch your kids play and shut your meat hole![/quote]

Who cares about rankings? I'd imagine the type of people that go to a lacrosse forum on 12 yr old lacrosse players and read it.

I'm just responding to the post about how YJ 27 "don't win". If this isn't you, kindly move on from the topic, thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Who cares! All these girls are playing high level lacrosse and not playing video games or making out with dudes behind the local Stop and Shop! Many of you living vicariously through your 12 year old daughters are going to be miserable when you have driven your daughters away from an amazing sport. Sit back, eat a sandwich, just watch your kids play and shut your meat hole!

Who cares about rankings? I'd imagine the type of people that go to a lacrosse forum on 12 yr old lacrosse players and read it.

I'm just responding to the post about how YJ 27 "don't win". If this isn't you, kindly move on from the topic, thanks.[/quote]

It certainly isn't me !! I read this forum for the pure entertainment that it provides. Grown men talking about how good/bad their 12 year old daughters lacrosse team or competition is! It's comedy at its finest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.[/quote]

Thanks for absolutely confirming you are a YJ parent....either that or it is insanely scary you know stats for a 12 year old lacrosse team and how it faired given you aren't even associated with them or live on LI.

Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard