Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 05:04 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 04:33 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 03:40 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 03:05 PM
Girls 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 03:01 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,074
Posts335,315
Members2,437
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 89 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #350485 09/22/21 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
12 of the 25 players listed on the Lacrosse Magazine Girls National Watchlist have committed, so about halfway there on that list - for whatever it's worth. Northwestern and Stanford haven't made any commitments yet. They both have camps the weekend of 10/9-10/10 and are hosting visits.

LIST http://lacrossemagazine.com/2023-girls/

That list is funny. No YJ Colbert or TG black on the list yet both teams combined have about 10 girls committed already.

Funny or not, it looks like the kids that were on the list and have committed did pretty well:

They have committed to the following schools: (if I missed one I apologize )

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

Obviously the Coaches at the best programs are on the same page as the people who made the list if half the list is already committed to many of the 15 or so best programs out there.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #350488 09/22/21 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 of the 25 players listed on the Lacrosse Magazine Girls National Watchlist have committed, so about halfway there on that list - for whatever it's worth. Northwestern and Stanford haven't made any commitments yet. They both have camps the weekend of 10/9-10/10 and are hosting visits.

That list is funny. No YJ Colbert or TG black on the list yet both teams combined have about 10 girls committed already.

Lol, a few deserving girls on list others you really have to shake your head. Did some of these girls put themselves on?? They are for sure missing quite a few of the top girls in the grade, and not just from LI! Lol

Typical response…. Always the same… currently, half the kids on the list have committed to the best programs in the country. I guess the coaches at those schools do not know what they are looking at.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350489 09/22/21 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny or not, it looks like the kids that were on the list and have committed did pretty well:

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

Obviously the Coaches at the best programs are on the same page as the people who made the list if half the list is already committed to many of the 15 or so best programs out there.

Pretty sure 3 on that list committed to North Carolina

So we have about half the list committed to:

Boston College
North Carolina
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

Whoever made the list did a good job.
Would have liked to see it go to 50.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350491 09/22/21 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

That may be true, but there are also many other girls who have committed to top 10 schools who are not on this "list". As there others on the "list" who have not committed. The "list" is silly and useless.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350497 09/22/21 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, 3 to UNC on the list and one to USC.. So, yes, they are doing ok for themselves! And certainly there are many girls making excellent commitments who aren't on the list. Just using it as a potential barometer for speed of process and when the second tier girls can start seeing some movement of spots and opportunities open up.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350501 09/22/21 12:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

That may be true, but there are also many other girls who have committed to top 10 schools who are not on this "list". As there others on the "list" who have not committed. The "list" is silly and useless.

If it is silly and useless, why do you care about it? Strange that you would take the time to post about it if it were so silly and useless.

It appears as though you are trying to diminish the list and the players that are on the list because your daughter was not on the list.

Same nonsense every time, it’s funny to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350502 09/22/21 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, 3 to UNC on the list and one to USC.. So, yes, they are doing ok for themselves! And certainly there are many girls making excellent commitments who aren't on the list. Just using it as a potential barometer for speed of process and when the second tier girls can start seeing some movement of spots and opportunities open up.

Lol, schools like Stanford and Northwestern have not committed anyone yet. And they are not taking second tier girls. You sound foolish

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350503 09/22/21 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

The top 5 field players for Sky walkers isn't even on the list. The second one listed doesn't even start on the team. That list is garbage.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350507 09/22/21 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you misunderstood what I was saying. Of course they aren't committing tier 2 players! My point was that without commitments from top programs like Stanford and Northwestern yet, they (not alone of course) hold the tier one process up and the tier two girls have to continue to wait.

Seems more foolish to jump to name calling, but whatever.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350508 09/22/21 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

The top 5 field players for Sky walkers isn't even on the list. The second one listed doesn't even start on the team. That list is garbage.

Do you people realize how foolish you sound?

From what I can tell more than half the players listed have already committed to many of the top 10-15 programs in the country. I’m sure many more will find a home at top tier programs as well.

Of course there are excellent players who were not listed, they only listed 25 players.

If you want to know where your daughter stands, just look at the schools that make offers. If the offers come from the top 10 - 15 programs she is most likely very good. If there are no offers from those programs then it is likely that she is not a top tier player. It’s is what it is, the best programs consistently bring in the best players.

Not trying to offend anyone, it just seems pretty clear to me that if Top 10 caliber programs are making offers the player is probably pretty darn good.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350509 09/22/21 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it is less stressful because you are visiting and you know it’s because they want her? That wasn’t our experience— my daughter got the calls, went to visit, but it felt more like an audition and not a courtship. It’s a shame but on our end I think we will probably take a step back. It’s just not sustainable.

I think you will find that some of the schools that had her visit, but didn't offer, will eventually start talking to her again. If they had her on an official visit, it most likely meant she was identified as a top recruit on their list, but they have a couple/few girls ranked ahead of her. If these girls commit elsewhere (some will, some won't) her value changes. I 100% know what you mean about the fatigue and feeling of audition. The coaches already know who they want before the girls arrive on campus, and I don't think (except in rare cases) that they change their minds during the visit. I know that on some of the visits my daughter went on, there were 5-8 girls. They also had 2 other visits. This means they potentially had 15 -20 girls on campus, but will likely recruit about 6-8. I also think that maybe 1-2 of those spots might be filled at camps and/or performance at the fall tournaments. It's a chess game, keep playing, and be smart![/quote]

Thanks so much to you (and others on here!) for your thoughtful responses about the process. Its so different for each kid. I am actually so thrilled for the kids for whom it's a breeze and it happens quickly and painlessly! I'm glad to hear we are not alone in the feeling of some fatigue. It's tough to go and leave with this fabulous impression of the place, and new relationships, and no offer. Tricky to navigate! Throw in some 16 year old hormones...what an experience!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350510 09/22/21 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

Do you people realize how foolish you sound?

From what I can tell more than half the players listed have already committed to many of the top 10-15 programs in the country. I’m sure many more will find a home at top tier programs as well.

Of course there are excellent players who were not listed, they only listed 25 players.

If you want to know where your daughter stands, just look at the schools that make offers. If the offers come from the top 10 - 15 programs she is most likely very good. If there are no offers from those programs then it is likely that she is not a top tier player. It’s is what it is, the best programs consistently bring in the best players.

Not trying to offend anyone, it just seems pretty clear to me that if Top 10 caliber programs are making offers the player is probably pretty darn good.

The list is silly. These are NOT the top 25 players. Some are, some are not. I get it, your daughter is on the list, mine is not. Should she be? Maybe. My daughter also did not commit yet, but has standing offers at 4 of the schools listed, and has two more visits before deciding. Lets see how this list compares to the Inside lacrosse rankings. I'm sorry, but this list is not credible due to many girls who are on that should not be, and many girls who are not but should be.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350514 09/22/21 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boston College
Penn State
Princeton
Syracuse
Maryland
Florida
Duke
Penn State

That list is awful. Lots of really good players not there cause mom or dad didn’t send name in. Their rankings are all guess for teams too.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #350521 09/22/21 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me that schools don't look at this Horse-.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350534 09/22/21 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not at all. Coaches don't care about lists like this at all!

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 89 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard