BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As long as the parents continue to let the program undress them...... It's still a Total Bush-league move by organization but noone is forcing the parents, or worse, the kids, to stay for the privilege of being abused.... "Just say No" and find another team. Arent there like 50 + these days? Oh wait...Id rather pay $5k for an "A" team and never have my kid set foot on the field. Great thought process....NOT
When the director springs the new formula on you after all other tryouts and rosters are filled what other options are? Yes easy to say walk away but private training does noting to help other than a select few (goalies and attack maybe).

Maybe you should have done more homework and been in a better situation, ya know ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team? Thats rare

Sweetlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as the parents continue to let the program undress them...... It's still a Total Bush-league move by organization but noone is forcing the parents, or worse, the kids, to stay for the privilege of being abused.... "Just say No" and find another team. Arent there like 50 + these days? Oh wait...Id rather pay $5k for an "A" team and never have my kid set foot on the field. Great thought process....NOT
When the director springs the new formula on you after all other tryouts and rosters are filled what other options are? Yes easy to say walk away but private training does noting to help other than a select few (goalies and attack maybe).

Guys like that him getting away with it because people don't want to embarrass themselves by telling the truth. Expose this shuckster and make his nonsense go viral. It's time for the nonsense within all the programs to stop.

It's amazing these programs get away with this garbage. If you were caught up in this mess, demand your money back and find another home. There are definitely a few other programs that have roster spots open.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the hornets bring back most of their team from last season or were they replaced?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys like that him getting away with it because people don't want to embarrass themselves by telling the truth. Expose this shuckster and make his nonsense go viral. It's time for the nonsense within all the programs to stop.

It's amazing these programs get away with this garbage. If you were caught up in this mess, demand your money back and find another home. There are definitely a few other programs that have roster spots open.

John Harvey – No Excuse (Tennessee)

I think what makes a club program successful is if it can meet the standards it sets for itself clearly from the start. You have to be very open, honest and clear with your families about what they getting into. If you promise certain things, you must do everything you possibly can do deliver on those promises. Never puff up your program to sell it. A very close second is the people involved. This goes for both sides. The coaches are really the heart beat of the program and they have to represent the program and the qualities that are important to you. The families must also buy into what you are trying to do and be willing to let the kids play, coaches coach, and refs ref.

Marty Kupprion – NXT (Philadelphia)

It’s too easy to fall into the trap of thinking that the only thing that makes a club successful is the amount of Division I – and high ones, at that – commitments. The most important thing for a player who plays for a club is the type of experience he (and his family) will get out of it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not following here ^^^^^^^. Explain please?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the hornets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 b team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh No idea. Were/are they any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh No idea. Were/are they any good?

91B? I haven’t seen them play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all wasting your time on this AA, A, B nonsense. Did any of you see the recent 2023 player rankings? 13 of top 16 kids were hold backs. Only 4 of top 50 from Long Island. Less than 10%. None if this matters anymore. Your kid better be a unicorn and older to go top D1.
2025 programs now trying to sell teams as recruiting services. Nobody but LILJ is ranking or looking at 2025's seriously. Gone are the days of team ball everyone has a look at me attitude. Transfers, the portal and holdbacks have done their damage. Your 18 year old senior will not be playing D1.

13 out of 16 are holdbacks? Wow, and you wonder why so much complaining about the holdback situation.

It’s real , and it’s an unfair advantage. LAX is Becoming a Sport for the kids who can afford privates and choose to stay back. SAd, and US Lacrosse should seriously take notice. Youth lacrosse should be “on age” . Don’t let the advantages start at youth level. Make it even playing fields, public or private for youth ages

My son is young for his grade. I wouldn’t want him to play with his age group they wouldn’t be his friends. I guess if he did play with his age group he would look more dominant. But I know my kid would want to play with his friends more importantly. I can’t believe people do this holdback stuff in the later years of school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all wasting your time on this AA, A, B nonsense. Did any of you see the recent 2023 player rankings? 13 of top 16 kids were hold backs. Only 4 of top 50 from Long Island. Less than 10%. None if this matters anymore. Your kid better be a unicorn and older to go top D1.
2025 programs now trying to sell teams as recruiting services. Nobody but LILJ is ranking or looking at 2025's seriously. Gone are the days of team ball everyone has a look at me attitude. Transfers, the portal and holdbacks have done their damage. Your 18 year old senior will not be playing D1.

13 out of 16 are holdbacks? Wow, and you wonder why so much complaining about the holdback situation.

It’s real , and it’s an unfair advantage. LAX is Becoming a Sport for the kids who can afford privates and choose to stay back. SAd, and US Lacrosse should seriously take notice. Youth lacrosse should be “on age” . Don’t let the advantages start at youth level. Make it even playing fields, public or private for youth ages

My son is young for his grade. I wouldn’t want him to play with his age group they wouldn’t be his friends. I guess if he did play with his age group he would look more dominant. But I know my kid would want to play with his friends more importantly. I can’t believe people do this holdback stuff in the later years of school.

Believe it! It’s done and being done more and more. Look at the kids who end up playing at the best colleges. A lot of holdbacks! People feeling the pressure with the younger kids at the MS age, unless kid is a phenom! Depends on what level of college play kid is shooting for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe it! It’s done and being done more and more. Look at the kids who end up playing at the best colleges. A lot of holdbacks! People feeling the pressure with the younger kids at the MS age, unless kid is a phenom! Depends on what level of college play kid is shooting for?

It’s lacrosse, What’s the end game?There are way too many uncontrollable variables, makes no sense to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s lacrosse, What’s the end game?There are way too many uncontrollable variables, makes no sense to me.

Yes, it is JUST lacrosse. The end game is to get into a better school that you wouldn’t maybe had a chance of getting into. Better opportunities ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better opportunities, maybe. For like 50 kids or so on Long Island for D1. So many kids are playing now. The best opportunity will exist at D3 for educational opportunities. Lax can get your son into a NSCAC school or an RPI or RIT. That is more realistic. Don’t be a D1 chaser, if it happens great. You have two years until September 2023 to figure it out. First sign that your son isn’t going to Duke is when he is not invited Maverick or UA. So many kids play now on a national level and tons of competition of college spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better opportunities, maybe. For like 50 kids or so on Long Island for D1. So many kids are playing now. The best opportunity will exist at D3 for educational opportunities. Lax can get your son into a NSCAC school or an RPI or RIT. That is more realistic. Don’t be a D1 chaser, if it happens great. You have two years until September 2023 to figure it out. First sign that your son isn’t going to Duke is when he is not invited Maverick or UA. So many kids play now on a national level and tons of competition of college spots.

That is probably right. Top 12 attack, 15 mids, 15 poles and 5 goalies and 3 Fogos. That is still a lot of spots and certainly larger that Maverik or UA roster.

The list is prob slightly bigger initially because the other filters you are missing are grades and $

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the 2025 age group stack up for this upcoming season? Whos good? Whos not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the 2025 age group stack up for this upcoming season? Whos good? Whos not?
There is no I in Team at this age anymore, only ME. Nobody cares about team records or who are the best club teams. maybe some parents for bragging rights. It's all about showcasing individual talent and promoting how many kids the club get committed. Find a program where you're on the field, getting better and enjoy the players and parents. This ain't youth lacrosse anymore, you've entered the dog eat dog world of college recruiting. Well not actually, because nobody and I mean nobody is looking at 2025's yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no I in Team at this age anymore, only ME. Nobody cares about team records or who are the best club teams. maybe some parents for bragging rights. It's all about showcasing individual talent and promoting how many kids the club get committed. Find a program where you're on the field, getting better and enjoy the players and parents. This ain't youth lacrosse anymore, you've entered the dog eat dog world of college recruiting. Well not actually, because nobody and I mean nobody is looking at 2025's yet.

The number one goal imho is finding the best team that your son can play on, not be on. That is so important for so many reasons. This is HS and being a practice player doesn’t work any longer. Confidence comes from success on the field, not on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is probably right. Top 12 attack, 15 mids, 15 poles and 5 goalies and 3 Fogos. That is still a lot of spots and certainly larger that Maverik or UA roster.

The list is prob slightly bigger initially because the other filters you are missing are grades and $

On average the past few years there have been about 80-85 D1 players from Long Island. Most of the kids that committed to top academic schools had the grades to get in without lacrosse. Lacrosse made the admissions process much easier.
If a players grades are low. The top academic schools will not take them unless they are a superstar. Who they believe can light it up as a freshman Some years back when I coached club. We had a player who was extremely good. He committed to a high academic D1 school. He was a B average. They could not get him through admissions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the hornets bring back most of their team from last season or were they replaced?

There were a lot of changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a Stat recently do not remember where. Said 28 % of kids that play college are from Island. That's all divisions/Club
Also said that LI rate has gone up last few years, thought it would go down with game spreading all around
Just shows we are and always will be STRONG ISLAND

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a Stat recently do not remember where. Said 28 % of kids that play college are from Island. That's all divisions/Club
Also said that LI rate has gone up last few years, thought it would go down with game spreading all around
Just shows we are and always will be STRONG ISLAND

Yes, but what that also means is that D2 and D3 lax opportunities are more likely because more and more talent is being developed nationally. Great for the game. And if you have a chance to ever watch and D2 or D3 or club game, the talent level is high. There is definitely a spot for every kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough No 9th grader is getting recruited right now. Move on. Lets talk about the current lay of the land instead... 2025 group a mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough No 9th grader is getting recruited right now. Move on. Lets talk about the current lay of the land instead... 2025 group a mess.

Why is it a mess? Lots of options for different skill levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why were there a lot of changes? i thought the team played very well last year. what kind of changes were made?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it a mess? You have three elite teams on LI and a bunch of 2nd tier A teams and then B teams or 2nd teams.

Igloo
Express

Rebels
Legrush
Regulators
S2S
True Blue
Turtles

FLG
Express
S2S
Legrush
Rebels
Jokers
Recon
Checkmate
ECE
Empire
United

Lotsa choice for all ability levels. Not really a mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Besides express, any other team seeing 2024s now reclass if?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 MD by far and away the best in age group…..grade group should say as they’re also have the most hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better than Blast? How is Express this year? Heard Igloo is a total disaster... And there was a lot of movement to and between B teams. Will be interesting as Blatant has a tournament in October. I guess we will see then...granted teams show up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why were there a lot of changes? i thought the team played very well last year. what kind of changes were made?

Always big changes on B teams of big clubs. Some players look for an A team opening.
Very tough for these teams to keep their better players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking to make improvements I suppose and try and take a step up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHich of the B teams are the cream of the crop?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHich of the B teams are the cream of the crop?
FLG, 91 and Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always big changes on B teams of big clubs. Some players look for an A team opening.

The better B players now have an intermediary step between AA and lower A teams. Teams like True Blue, The Turtles and The Regulators.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The better B players now have an intermediary step between AA and lower A teams. Teams like True Blue, The Turtles and The Regulators.

Who decided there are A and AA levels?

TB is basically a Massapequa town team, good luck getting any time if your not from Massapequa
Regulators is a side gig for CSH/Roar kids.

Rebels, Rush, 91B, Express B,,FLG, Legacy, Recon, all decent B and below options.

Igloo B a mess, S2S can't compete at B level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer me this honestly, would you rather have your son on a top tier AA/A team (91, Express, etc) and not play a minute or have him play every minute on a top tier B team (91B, Express B, FLG, etc)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer me this honestly, would you rather have your son on a top tier AA/A team (91, Express, etc) and not play a minute or have him play every minute on a top tier B team (91B, Express B, FLG, etc)?

Why is FLG being talked about as a “top tier B team”? Are they even fielding a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is FLG being talked about as a “top tier B team”? Are they even fielding a team?

FLG is definitely fielding a team. My son plays for Rebels and they were practicing at the same fields as us (Stimpson MS) over the weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a great statement parents are fools ......... wait until the college coaches come around and your kid is sitting on sideline ... Good Luck getting recruited .... i have seen this playout for many years

Page 9 of 29 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard