BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 251 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax pole from TX is on the roster (and has been), travels with team and attends a lot of the practices. There is a family connection to DMV.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone's son playing in the Apex PLL Youth Games event next weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think it should be said that through this whole thread, the only team without these repeated issues where kids are just a transaction, is Team91. I think those guys over there are growing them right. Sure the young squads don't win all their games but clearly the expert coaching staff has got the young men tuned up by the time they hit high school. And it shouldn't have to be said that the staff at Team91 are on top of making sure the boys get into the best private schools in the region.

Shuddup Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know some friends from the 28 Crabs and 28 Hawks that are attending

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it should be said that through this whole thread, the only team without these repeated issues where kids are just a transaction, is Team91. I think those guys over there are growing them right. Sure the young squads don't win all their games but clearly the expert coaching staff has got the young men tuned up by the time they hit high school. And it shouldn't have to be said that the staff at Team91 are on top of making sure the boys get into the best private schools in the region.

Look who is posting . Hi there Mark !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A handful of Hawks kids are. Lots of kids from all over the country if you’ve watched their Instagram account. Coming in from everywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD isn’t event relevant. Wow. They lose by 15+ anything they play the elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax pole from TX is on the roster (and has been), travels with team and attends a lot of the practices. There is a family connection to DMV.

Completely inaccurate. The kid plays some of the summer tournaments with Madlax 28. Never practices with the team, he just comes up for the summer for family reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re dense enough to pay $700+ for 2 days of lax… haha!

What’s the competition going to look like? I get it the sport costs money and we spend a ton, but that’s just dum money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are the best players in the country (whose parents want to blow $700)!

This is not everything that’s wrong with youth sports, but to tout it as a showcase for the best players in the country and then charge $700 is absolute excrement. I get the players want the cash, but tying “ability” to socioeconomic status is one of the worst things about “elite” lacrosse and something that needs to be fixed before the sport will ever become what it could and should be in this country.

It’s worse than “holdbacks.” Prove me wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re dense enough to pay $700+ for 2 days of lax… haha!

What’s the competition going to look like? I get it the sport costs money and we spend a ton, but that’s just dum money.

700 ?? Is this the PLL's idea of growing the Sport. The Ambassadors of the sport giving back to community. Lets hope they put some catchy social pandering slogan on the jerseys to make us feel good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not everything that’s wrong with youth sports, but to tout it as a showcase for the best players in the country and then charge $700 is absolute excrement. I get the players want the cash, but tying “ability” to socioeconomic status is one of the worst things about “elite” lacrosse and something that needs to be fixed before the sport will ever become what it could and should be in this country.

Nahhh, we like it that way. Keeps the riff raff out! Being a Rich holdback kid is the ultimate dream!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anything PLL is a money grab. Their business model is to supplement player income by running some event everywhere their circus train stops.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out loud chuckle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anything PLL is a money grab. Their business model is to supplement player income by running some event everywhere their circus train stops.

<<snort>> This is accurate but I will say that the 28s I've seen announced so far by Apex are some of the better kids (Crabs, Hawks) my son has played against or trained with. I felt like my kid would "probably" make the Apex cut (if there was one) but he's working out 3-5x per week with good coaches already this time of year, plus football, so....didn't seem necessary. Why go through the drama just for another 2 days of workouts for PR he doesn't "need" at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Buzz off Team91 dad. Nobody cares. When MMs kids are done that program will die on the vine

Not even close. 91 is the only elite team featuring only MD talent - that talent has to be grown organically. MM is committed. Small roster (16 as of last week) = lean and mean. Let me know how it feels at the first Crabs game when you all are suddenly fielding a 34 man roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Buzz off Team91 dad. Nobody cares. When MMs kids are done that program will die on the vine

Not even close. 91 is the only elite team featuring only MD talent - that talent has to be grown organically. MM is committed. Small roster (16 as of last week) = lean and mean. Let me know how it feels at the first Crabs game when you all are suddenly fielding a 34 man roster.

Relax Mark, We all know you will be around as you arent getting off the lacrosse gravy train. The reason for small roster is we all know only one player counts , Did those 91 players from TX and FL move to MD ? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close. 91 is the only elite team featuring only MD talent

Serious question...what 91 team other than the 25's is Elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

A few of the 91 teams were registered in the Elite-level bracket but I wouldn't call them "elite" by any stretch. They were probably better suited to play AAA and AA, really.

The '26 team went 2-5 in Elite.
The '27 team went 1-5 in the Elite.
The 28 went 1-6...in AAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

A few of the 91 teams were registered in the Elite-level bracket but I wouldn't call them "elite" by any stretch. They were probably better suited to play AAA and AA, really.

Well the '28 team is now approx 50% T91 kids from last year (the kids who played, the 2nd line and 3rd line boys got no playing time and mostly dropped to rec squads) and 50% Swarm kids (who I think went 1-6 in AA), so I am sure that 91 squad will be elite in no time. LOL. Waiting for MM to pop up with the famous lax roster sales pitch "We filled some gaps with even more talent than before so we can only improve!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 MD isn’t event relevant. Wow. They lose by 15+ anything they play the elite teams.[/quote]

Just wait, 91 2028s is going to run through HoCo AAA next spring like COVID in a nursing home. Upgrading to Elite bracket by Spring 2023 at the latest. The strategy is already underway. It's happening.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

Well the '28 team is now approx 50% T91 kids from last year (the kids who played, the 2nd line and 3rd line boys got no playing time and mostly dropped to rec squads) and 50% Swarm kids (who I think went 1-6 in AA), so I am sure that 91 squad will be elite in no time. LOL. Waiting for MM to pop up with the famous lax roster sales pitch "We filled some gaps with even more talent than before so we can only improve!"

Wrong about the makeup of the 91 roster. More posts from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Par for the course on this board. And that goes for all clubs, not just 91. People constantly posting nonsense and false information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

Wrong about the makeup of the 91 roster. More posts from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Par for the course on this board. And that goes for all clubs, not just 91. People constantly posting nonsense and false information.

But FYI- the records ARE correct though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wins and losses are meaningless in club only matters in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

Ouch... facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuse me… when did we let the Team91 people in here? They aren’t relevant in this age group. They obviously had had enough of watching everyone else get talked about it in here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

Eyeroll emoji. "Par for the course on this board" is the stats police deflecting because someone posts a # that is barely off the mark. "My son's team isn't MAJORITY holdbacks! It's only 45% holdbacks, you total liar!"

I don't know about "50% guy" in this thread, but I know 2 dads on the team and I understand the roster to be "some mix" of old T91 players, Swarm players, HoCo players, and "allegedly" some kids recently poached from Koopers. If there's more, where's the rest of the roster from? Not the bracket my son plays in, so I don't really care. Just curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wins and losses are meaningless in club only matters in high school.

Generally true if the team is 5-2, 3-4, 4-3, etc. When a team is rolling 2-12 on the calendar year, what is going on there? What are those athletes learning, except how to get burnt at every position in every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

Eyeroll emoji. "Par for the course on this board" is the stats police deflecting because someone posts a # that is barely off the mark. "My son's team isn't MAJORITY holdbacks! It's only 45% holdbacks, you total liar!"

I don't know about "50% guy" in this thread, but I know 2 dads on the team and I understand the roster to be "some mix" of old T91 players, Swarm players, HoCo players, and "allegedly" some kids recently poached from Koopers. If there's more, where's the rest of the roster from? Not the bracket my son plays in, so I don't really care. Just curious

Let me get this straight, you know some 91 parents, get information from them and come on here and talk anonymously about the team. You sound like a stand up guy buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

Sorry Mark, It is what it is .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.

That’s a lot of info gathering and reporting for something you don’t care about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 28s:

Fall Fray - DE
MD Invitational- Blandair
National Fallfest - MD
Adrenaline Gold Cup - DE
NAL - DE

US ClubLax Nationals - FL (January)

I think Maryland Lacrosse Tournament and MD Invitational are the same event, hope ML and NL play each other again, last few games have been pretty good.

Think VLC will be there, too.

I'm late to the party on VLC. Where did they come from / who runs them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 28s:

Fall Fray - DE
National Fallfest - MD
Adrenaline Gold Cup - DE
NAL - DE

I think Maryland Lacrosse Tournament and MD Invitational are the same event, hope ML and NL play each other again, last few games have been pretty good.

Crabs do, But from Virginia.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 28s:

Fall Fray - DE
National Fallfest - MD
Adrenaline Gold Cup - DE
NAL - DE

It's a first year team so I don't want to rush to judgment, but thus far they are displaying a concerning lack of crazy forum dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 28s:

Fall Fray - DE
National Fallfest - MD
Adrenaline Gold Cup - DE
NAL - DE

It's a first year team so I don't want to rush to judgment, but thus far they are displaying a concerning lack of crazy forum dads.

They will be game changers once they show up. They will do to BOTC-MD-2028 what cinnamon and sugar did to the whiskey industry.

Seriously though I assume they are mostly Cavs dads and just haven't bothered with our page yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will be game changers once they show up. They will do to BOTC-MD-2028 what cinnamon and sugar did to the whiskey industry.

Make you vomit in your mouth and give you a raging headache the next day? Be a scourge on society?

Enough of this malarkey. Back to the Predators chatter. I want…No, I NEED more Predators talk! Give it to me!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make you vomit in your mouth and give you a raging headache the next day? Be a scourge on society?

Enough of this malarkey. Back to the Predators chatter. I want…No, I NEED more Predators talk! Give it to me!!!

Predators are making a show in Baltimore, Everyone is talking about them and what impact they will have on lacrosse in this country. Will be something to tell your grandkids one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somehow the Predators failed to crack Bored MD Dad’s top 100. But the entire Baltimore/DC 2028 region is on its heels in anticipation of their arrival on the scene. I picture the scene in Spinal Tap when they lower Stonehenge and it’s about 18 inches tall

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 251 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard