Anonymous #349811 09/15/21 05:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Hawks didn’t lose those games because their coach can’t break a zone defense. They lost because they have historically relied on a couple of dominant players, and as opposing teams get older and better, the Hawks are no longer the force they once were.

I ain't the man I once was either. My guess is neither are most of the rest of the posters on here that are also living through their kids. At the end of the day, the Hawks were 47-4. Despite being a contemptible lout, Rage is either a skilled coach, a skilled recruiter, or both. There is a reason that so much focus on this board is placed on him. He is amongst the best, if not the best.

Last edited by JMLax1; 09/15/21 05:48 PM. Reason: No detest speech
Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #349817 09/15/21 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks didn’t lose those games because their coach can’t break a zone defense. They lost because they have historically relied on a couple of dominant players, and as opposing teams get older and better, the Hawks are no longer the force they once were.

I ain't the man I once was either. My guess is neither are most of the rest of the posters on here that are also living through their kids. At the end of the day, the Hawks were 47-4. Despite being a contemptible lout, Rage is either a skilled coach, a skilled recruiter, or both. There is a reason that so much focus on this board is placed on him. He is amongst the best, if not the best.

8th grade is where all the teams get upgraded with new players ( holdbacks and growth) . This is it. See how they do this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349828 09/15/21 09:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8th grade is where all the teams get upgraded with new players ( holdbacks and growth) . This is it. See how they do this year.

Truth ^^^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349841 09/15/21 11:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assure you, my son’s AAA coach doesn’t need me to share his name or credentials. He is extremely humble. But, make no mistake. He’s as legit as they come, and his background speaks for itself, and our team knows it! He actually cares about all of the kids on his team and making them the best athletes they can be, and helping them play at the next level….. whatever that may be. As a parent, that’s all I could ask for. I assure you we will play your elite team at some point…but win or lose, the respect our team has for our coach(s) will not be lost on you. He’s dedicated to making good lax players the best they can be and challenging them to be better every day. If he develops a kid who ends up leaving to go elite….he’d say…. I did my job…. and I wish that kid the best. And that, in my opinion, is a good coach. More should aspire to be like him. With that, when kids get recruited to go elite, and decline to stay with him….That speaks volumes. See you on the field.

It’s strange that you won’t say what team you are talking about.

Rhymes with Belly Boast.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #349941 09/16/21 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assure you, my son’s AAA coach doesn’t need me to share his name or credentials. He is extremely humble. But, make no mistake. He’s as legit as they come, and his background speaks for itself, and our team knows it! He actually cares about all of the kids on his team and making them the best athletes they can be, and helping them play at the next level….. whatever that may be. As a parent, that’s all I could ask for. I assure you we will play your elite team at some point…but win or lose, the respect our team has for our coach(s) will not be lost on you. He’s dedicated to making good lax players the best they can be and challenging them to be better every day. If he develops a kid who ends up leaving to go elite….he’d say…. I did my job…. and I wish that kid the best. And that, in my opinion, is a good coach. More should aspire to be like him. With that, when kids get recruited to go elite, and decline to stay with him….That speaks volumes. See you on the field.

It’s strange that you won’t say what team you are talking about.

Rhymes with Belly Boast.
They are not in AAA; but he is a solid coach/person after going up against him for years

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #349969 09/16/21 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bit of info that the elite clubs don’t want you to know:

The coaching is pretty much the same at the top 3 levels. Many of the youth club coaches are good.

The only difference in level of play is the quality of athlete across the roster and the commitment level of the players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350000 09/17/21 08:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaching is pretty much the same at the top 3 levels. Many of the youth club coaches are good.

The only difference in level of play is the quality of athlete across the roster and the commitment level of the players.

Sure having IAmInsecure Cottle, Spencer Ford and Brendan Kelly are on the same level as AAA or AA coaches. Give me a break

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350009 09/17/21 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure having IAmInsecure Cottle, Spencer Ford and Brendan Kelly are on the same level as AAA or AA coaches. Give me a break

Yeah, because the one thing those guys do is give a sh-i-t about youth club practices...lol

Cottle hasn't "coached" in at least a decade. And the rest of those guys? Talk about mailing it in and resting on laurels.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350013 09/17/21 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350090 09/18/21 12:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meh sure. Coaching is not the same at AA Sidewinders as it is at Hawks. heck, the coaching is a key factor in assessing top-to-bottom brackets within AAA and AA for sure. Facilities are not the same either (try playing on county turf, where the county cancels "all activities on all fields" 3x per week, all year long). Parents keeping up with their kids' workouts is not the same from AA to AAA to Elite, I can tell you that also.

To your point, none of this matters if a kid lacks sufficient talent or a work ethic. But for most kids already at these levels, these other things are very real variables.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350113 09/18/21 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because the one thing those guys do is give a sh-i-t about youth club practices...lol

Cottle hasn't "coached" in at least a decade. And the rest of those guys? Talk about mailing it in and resting on laurels.

Cottle will go down as one of best coaches ever in youth, club ,High School and College.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350244 09/20/21 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meh sure. Coaching is not the same at AA Sidewinders as it is at Hawks. heck, the coaching is a key factor in assessing top-to-bottom brackets within AAA and AA for sure. Facilities are not the same either (try playing on county turf, where the county cancels "all activities on all fields" 3x per week, all year long). Parents keeping up with their kids' workouts is not the same from AA to AAA to Elite, I can tell you that also.

To your point, none of this matters if a kid lacks sufficient talent or a work ethic. But for most kids already at these levels, these other things are very real variables.
Coaching is better at Hawks than anywhere else. Except of course the predators.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350259 09/20/21 02:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That goes without saying !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350274 09/20/21 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North Coach has entered the chat

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350396 09/21/21 07:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators coaching is beyond anything I have seen in Club.

Like Reply Quote
Page 411 of 428 1 2 409 410 411 412 413 427 428
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard