Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #350098 09/18/21 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wanted to add that when we played a certain FL team this summer all of the parents had NewYawk accents

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #350100 09/18/21 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters and LI elite, knock that off. They will never be above most MD clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350108 09/18/21 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots more should start flowing thru, ton of visits this weekend. wouldn't be surprised if a couple more come off the board on Monday/Tuesday of next week.

Hope so because lots of commits have come through already and not many MD girls on the list! 67 2023 girl commits and only 8 from Maryland. Sign of the times though. As the sport has grown, perennial Maryland clubs like MDU, Skywalkers, M&D, etc.. are no longer developing the players to the same level as some other clubs like CT Grizzlies, Eaglestix, YJ, Top Guns, Jesters, LI Elite. The Long Island girls are far outpacing the Maryalnd girls and the Connecticut & Atlanta girls are giving everyone a run for their money. As the game has exploded throughout the US, the recruiting landscape has changed significantly. The old club owner/college coach relationship is not always enough anymore. Rude awakening for many 2023 players and parents I am sure!
Is this that TikTok trend where you’re telling me you’re a lax dad from up north without telling me you’re a lax dad from up north?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350112 09/18/21 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. What a douchy comment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350119 09/18/21 05:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 Black to VaTech and MD

To clarify M&D 23 Black
Didn’t think clarification was needed lol

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350129 09/18/21 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 Black to VaTech and MD
Eh…. meh…

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350191 09/20/21 12:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots more should start flowing thru, ton of visits this weekend. wouldn't be surprised if a couple more come off the board on Monday/Tuesday of next week.

Hope so because lots of commits have come through already and not many MD girls on the list! 67 2023 girl commits and only 8 from Maryland. Sign of the times though. As the sport has grown, perennial Maryland clubs like MDU, Skywalkers, M&D, etc.. are no longer developing the players to the same level as some other clubs like CT Grizzlies, Eaglestix, YJ, Top Guns, Jesters, LI Elite. The Long Island girls are far outpacing the Maryalnd girls and the Connecticut & Atlanta girls are giving everyone a run for their money. As the game has exploded throughout the US, the recruiting landscape has changed significantly. The old club owner/college coach relationship is not always enough anymore. Rude awakening for many 2023 players and parents I am sure!
Is this that TikTok trend where you’re telling me you’re a lax dad from up north without telling me you’re a lax dad from up north?
Actually just a Maryland mom noticing that our MD girls seem to be out recruited the past 2 years. It’s even worse this year compared to last. I was hoping last year was just a Covid fueled one off but this year is looking to confirm that sadly Maryland is no longer the leader in women’s lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350206 09/20/21 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually just a Maryland mom noticing that our MD girls seem to be out recruited the past 2 years. It’s even worse this year compared to last. I was hoping last year was just a Covid fueled one off but this year is looking to confirm that sadly Maryland is no longer the leader in women’s lacrosse.

I am ok with Maryland not being the leader in women's lacrosse if girls continue to commit to the colleges that the 2022 class committed to from the clubs you mention above. Duke, Georgetown, Hopkins, Harvard, Florida, Maryland, UNC, Yale, USC, Stanford, Virginia, etc isnt a bad list.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #350221 09/20/21 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget NYC is like 20x the size of Baltimore. lets talk relative.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350223 09/20/21 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am ok with Maryland not being the leader in women's lacrosse if girls continue to commit to the colleges that the 2022 class committed to from the clubs you mention above. Duke, Georgetown, Hopkins, Harvard, Florida, Maryland, UNC, Yale, USC, Stanford, Virginia, etc isnt a bad list.

The top 5 Sky Walker players on 2023 have their choice of schools (top lacrosse schools). I personally know that some of the top players on the SW's have turned down top lacrosse schools to play for schools they love not just because they are considered the best lacrosse schools. Three have already committed to Duke, Princeton and Georgetown because they want the education over just lacrosse. Both these girls could of gone to "better lacrosse schools". Yet for these 3 schools they got top players. 3 out of the top 5 players have committed with 2 being left. Our goalie already committed to Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #350227 09/20/21 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 5 Sky Walker players on 2023 have their choice of schools (top lacrosse schools). I personally know that some of the top players on the SW's have turned down top lacrosse schools to play for schools they love not just because they are considered the best lacrosse schools. Three have already committed to Duke, Princeton and Georgetown because they want the education over just lacrosse. Both these girls could of gone to "better lacrosse schools". Yet for these 3 schools they got top players. 3 out of the top 5 players have committed with 2 being left. Our goalie already committed to Maryland.

Wow, you sure know a lot about other players on your team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350270 09/20/21 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the last two girls leaning?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350300 09/21/21 01:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well shoot. If a Maryland lax mom did her research and noticed something anecdotally, it MUST be true! Case closed, go home everyone!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #350309 09/21/21 07:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well shoot. If a Maryland lax mom did her research and noticed something anecdotally, it MUST be true! Case closed, go home everyone!
for the 2022 class according to IL there are 96 MD girls recruited and 120 from NY. Considering the size of MD compared to NY I would say MD is still a hotbed.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #350316 09/21/21 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holy Trinity High School, Hicksville NY

OPEN POSITION

Head Varsity Girls Lacrosse Coach