BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 73 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This actually make me laugh - YJ B team plays all of the other clubs A teams. So once again misinformed parent on here hoping that they made the right decision by going to one of those clubs - Legacy, Jesters TG etc... Coaches come to see players not teams, obviously the better the team and players the better the coaches that will line the sideline. Good luck, to all of you delusional parents. Most normal people don't care about there kid being on a top 20 team, they want their kid to be happy and get an education. Its a long road, you will be better off when you stop comparing your kid to others and your team to others. Good luck!

Is Kildare the d team now? The website arranged it sort of misleading?

B,C,D, etc. Makes no difference. Very slim chance that anyone not playing on the top (A) team will be recruited to a competitive D1 program. Of course that only matters if that is in the plan for your daughter. Sheep keep handing over the cash to play on a team with 26 girls and slick talking coaches.

Obviously not a YJ parent! Please , check your facts. Go back to previous years and see YJ D1 commitments! Way more than amount of players on 1 “A” team! And, I will bet way more than the current team you play for. YJs will get more attention than your team… sorry

Lol, the list is extremely short when it comes to any player not on A team committing to a top 20 school. Maybe a couple Stony Brook commits thrown in and one or two others, but that's it. You're about to find out the hard way. Prove me wrong. Let's hear it! If you are a YJ B, C,D player, and can get onto a team like Jesters, TG, or Legacy, you would be in a MUCH better situation going into recruiting. But keep drinking that YJ juice with your blindfold on if that makes you happy.

How about answer the question. If You play on a YJ team othe than A, what are your chances of being recruited to a top 20 program? If you don’t care, that’s great, but please go into next year with your eyes open!

Did we ever get this answer or are we still waiting…

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People on here taking about all these clubs and coaches pockets. It is a business. Clubs are meant to make money. The money keeps them in business. If you’ve ever coached or reffed , you’d know that coaches who are parents usually get free tuition for their club. Coaches who aren’t parents make very little money off the club. The majority of coaches make their money training. Colbert, Kilgus, Smith, Spallina, Rose, Kotowski, Weiner, Tilts, Levy, Windsor. You name a name, they likely are training kids privately. For most coaches, the money you make off the private lessons is how you are able to keep coaching because you enjoy it. If you are a parent who had coached in any sense, you’d know exactly what I’m talking about. There is nothing wrong with coaches, directors, and club owners training kids. If anything, I am grateful there is a large number of trainers and my daughters and sons can essentially pick from dozens until they find one that matches what they’re looking for.

Who cares who who trains with? Who cares if one trainer charges $30 and one charges $10000. Each family has the ability to choose if they send a kid to get training or not and with whom they send them to. There is no reason anyone should care what others choose to do in their free time. If you kid and their teammates are showing up to practices and games and are holding their own, who cares who helps them when they aren’t in your uniform.

Some of y’all have way too much time to overthink these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One name. Shannon Smith. Don't sleep on any team with her name on it. A strong team player and a phone call puts any kid leaps and bounds above any coach. Even BOTC's favorite, Tilts. Even more than YJ. Ok maybe not but close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another Tilts money grab for a very average team. Unfortunately all of the Tilts Fan Club in the world will not help any of those poor 24 Jesters. Those parents probably think the Tilts name help them with the recruiting process. Day late and a dollar short for that team.

We have Kilgus to. If we’re talking about names we have a few over here to pick from. Come on over and you can have some fun recruiting names to throw around to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right on the money! No pun intended! What a money grub and what has she ever achieved? Other than begging for money anyway possible. She does make parents smile with Glee while preparing them to play at UNC!!! To be honest she is great with the children and parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU! PLEASE GET OFF THE CHAT COACH!

Not coach but will repeat it again in case you needed me too. She isn’t making any money of the pick up team. Feel free to ask any parent of any kid on the roster or the coaches (plural) and you’ll get the same response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We love the my coach is better fight. Are these directors owners and trainers hurting you somehow? Seems pretty personal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People on here taking about all these clubs and coaches pockets. It is a business. Clubs are meant to make money. The money keeps them in business. If you’ve ever coached or reffed , you’d know that coaches who are parents usually get free tuition for their club. Coaches who aren’t parents make very little money off the club. The majority of coaches make their money training. Colbert, Kilgus, Smith, Spallina, Rose, Kotowski, Weiner, Tilts, Levy, Windsor. You name a name, they likely are training kids privately. For most coaches, the money you make off the private lessons is how you are able to keep coaching because you enjoy it. If you are a parent who had coached in any sense, you’d know exactly what I’m talking about. There is nothing wrong with coaches, directors, and club owners training kids. If anything, I am grateful there is a large number of trainers and my daughters and sons can essentially pick from dozens until they find one that matches what they’re looking for.

Who cares who who trains with? Who cares if one trainer charges $30 and one charges $10000. Each family has the ability to choose if they send a kid to get training or not and with whom they send them to. There is no reason anyone should care what others choose to do in their free time. If you kid and their teammates are showing up to practices and games and are holding their own, who cares who helps them when they aren’t in your uniform.

Some of y’all have way too much time to overthink these days.

Thank you for blessing this forum with some sanity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe so but 90% . Can't hurt when they were at 50% and still won a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times can the same angry person behind a screen reword the same post in one hour?

This isn’t the “I’m insecure and need to compensate for my lack of coaching talent so let’s bad mouth every other team and coach” thread. Maybe you should try elsewhere no one wants to hear ur nonsense opinions anymore.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club run by questionable people/person and his history. Google him/her but I'm sure everyone knows already. But it was in the past. Everyone has a past.

Are we talking about DK?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunately The LI team played relatively weak competition. They needed that the team team loaded with B team players from B team programs. We don't say B team players meaning they are not top tier players. I mean that they literally play on the the B team in their age group at their club. They are not even starters that made UA. Please explain that. I'm not at all a disgruntled parent of 24 -25 team
We are disgruntled that we sent a LI team to play in what used to be elite event seen all over US lacrosse community. A little embarrassed for LI regardless of how far they may or may not got to.

Where did they play? What tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another Tilts money grab for a very average team. Unfortunately all of the Tilts Fan Club in the world will not help any of those poor 24 Jesters. Those parents probably think the Tilts name help them with the recruiting process. Day late and a dollar short for that team.

If you’re referring to power she’s doing it for free for kids she trains. She isn’t making a penny off of it. All we paid for was uniforms. You clearly have a bone to pick with the girl, but when she made the team it was requested by a few of us who train with her. She also donated all of the money she made in August to wounded warrior. You have your facts wrong but I guess if hiding on the internet making crazy claims is your thing keep on going.

Enough already. My daughter is a 23 who played on bandits and is now on 91. I saw the 24 thread active yesterday and read it and my husband tried to talk me out of posting but it’s still bothering me.

A few weeks ago, we didn’t realize Tilts had quit and texted her asking for some recruiting help. After telling us she no longer worked for 91, we offered to pay her to help us get my daughter on the right path for what she needs to be doing to get herself in the best spot. Tilts turned down the money and sat on the phone with us for nearly an hour to walk us through next steps. We didn’t seek her out for her name we went to her because she explains things in a way my that motivates my daughter and that she understands. Sorry if this doesn’t fit your narrative but it’s infuriating to watch horrendous things be said that are absolutely fiction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. She is one of the most authentic coaches on LI doing something she loves to do! Teaching girls to play lacrosse!! She’s not it in it to make money, like most others. Plus, the time she commits to the girls she trains with is all out of love for the sport! Her passion for teaching and inspiring young girls through the sport of lacrosse is unmatched on LI! All LI parents should be thankful that there are people in the “dog eat dog” world of lacrosse on LI like her. Too many others training our girls are doing it for the wrong reasons! Let’s not bash the one who truly wants to see ALL the LI girls succeed, no matter what club team they play for! She’s genuine and it’s rare here on LI. Thank you coach Tilts, you go girl! Keep inspiring girls to be THEIR best!❤️

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re referring to power she’s doing it for free for kids she trains. She isn’t making a penny off of it. All we paid for was uniforms. You clearly have a bone to pick with the girl, but when she made the team it was requested by a few of us who train with her. She also donated all of the money she made in August to wounded warrior. You have your facts wrong but I guess if hiding on the internet making crazy claims is your thing keep on going.

Yeah, reading the above posts - One thing I deduced was a sense of jealousy towards Tilts. Having a coach who truly cares
about the advancement of her players as individuals - on the field, and in the classroom ...Oh the horror. They should take their slander somewhere else, or post their real names here if feeling courageous enough — doubt it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. She is one of the most authentic coaches on LI doing something she loves to do! Teaching girls to play lacrosse!! She’s not it in it to make money, like most others. Plus, the time she commits to the girls she trains with is all out of love for the sport! Her passion for teaching and inspiring young girls through the sport of lacrosse is unmatched on LI! All LI parents should be thankful that there are people in the “dog eat dog” world of lacrosse on LI like her. Too many others training our girls are doing it for the wrong reasons! Let’s not bash the one who truly wants to see ALL the LI girls succeed, no matter what club team they play for! She’s genuine and it’s rare here on LI. Thank you coach Tilts, you go girl! Keep inspiring girls to be THEIR best!❤️

Great post, and couldn’t agree more. Been in the lacrosse industry for over 35 years now. Sadly, the quote ‘For
Love of the Game’ has been pretty much gone for quite some time. It’s nice to see, and hear about someone who still gets it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts get off the chat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts get off the chat!

Nope! Not even a parent from Jesters. Just know the reputation of Tilts from lots of people. My daughter has also done a couple of training things in the past with her. Very nice and genuine individual. Once again, very rare to find her kind of genuine and caring nature on LI in the LAX arena. So, want to say, it’s refreshing and people should stop being negative. Need more positive people who raise our daughters up, no matter what level/team they play on. Be positive and stop all the negativity. Let’s route for all the LI girls/teams. #strongisland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come in we all know it’s her on here promoting herself. Let her get her own topic and enough with the free advertisement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come in we all know it’s her on here promoting herself. Let her get her own topic and enough with the free advertisement

I am the furthest thing from a coach I WISH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously! Not a coach! I am a parent who just thinks this thread needs to move past all the negativity and move toward what can help ALL the 24s going forward! It’s an important year for these girls! Please, HELPFUL info. for them and the parents is what we should be focusing on. Unfortunately , all this team talk stuff is going to become more about the individuals on teams in the recruiting years. Let’s try to help all the LI girls reach their goals. Positive, helpful info. Would be nice. Not coach/team bashing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir, or ma’am are embarrassment to the Long Island Lacrosse community

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the Fall prospect camps, for a 2024/HS Sophmore player, does anyone who has already been through the process with other kids, feel the Fall camps are worth doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok coach

Wow, you really are child-like. Sad. Praying that you are not a parent within the LI Lacrosse community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the Fall prospect camps, for a 2024/HS Sophmore player, does anyone who has already been through the process with other kids, feel the Fall camps are worth doing?

Depends. For my daughter they were a total waste of time and money. Might have actually hurt her. She plays on a top team and gets plenty of exposure there. My experience is that camp Play is extremely selfish and if a girl gets put on a bad team it’s horrible. Some people say that certain schools only recruit from camps. This is false information. My daughter was recruited by several of those schools. I suppose camps could be beneficial to a girl who plays on a weak team or from a non hotbed area and does very well at the camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick 1 or 2 at most winter elite camps. Not the fall. The fall is much too busy looking at the 2023s. Do it December or January elite prospect day at a school you are interested in. Some of them will have coaches from other schools there as well. My daughter did this in her 9th grade winter. And she got a ton of mileage out of it. Yes it was at a top tier school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick 1 or 2 at most winter elite camps. Not the fall. The fall is much too busy looking at the 2023s. Do it December or January elite prospect day at a school you are interested in. Some of them will have coaches from other schools there as well. My daughter did this in her 9th grade winter. And she got a ton of mileage out of it. Yes it was at a top tier school.

Assume same goes for Fall tournaments? Coaches too busy looking at 23's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They are very busy with 2023s and some 2022s. Start with the emails. Make a long list. Use a recruiting Platform. Sports recruits or Connectlax. Have your daughter write a nice introductory letter. Wait till end of November and send. If you have a very short video attached that. After a that. Follow up monthly with emails. Until summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. They are very busy with 2023s and some 2022s. Start with the emails. Make a long list. Use a recruiting Platform. Sports recruits or Connectlax. Have your daughter write a nice introductory letter. Wait till end of November and send. If you have a very short video attached that. After a that. Follow up monthly with emails. Until summer

Are you saying President's Cup in the Fall is a waste of time? What qualifies you to say this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO. The presidents cup is the 1st event That possibly could get some looks at the 2024s. It is late November.tye top tier and 2nd tier 23’s will be committed by then. Huge event. The coaches will be there but not so much lookikf at the 24s. use it for film not Because you think the college coaches will be on the sidelines. Get video. Or buy the video package and make a highlight reel. That’s what you can mail out with your introductory emails

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying President's Cup in the Fall is a waste of time? What qualifies you to say this?

Coaches will be at presidents cup watching 24s. Anyone who says otherwise is very misinformed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches will be at presidents cup watching 24s. Anyone who says otherwise is very misinformed

Yep, a year is not that far off for them. They will always be looking for their next top recruit prospects. They Want to know/see what’s coming next. See if there is any particular top talent they need to keep a eye on. The top schools have identified their choices for this year. That’s in the works now. They are certainly thinking ahead as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only 24a getting looked at at presidents cup would be the teams in the top A bracket there, the majority of 24s will not see any college coaches. This is generally the last big tourney that the 23s get a lot of exposure from the d1 schools before focusing on the summer for the 24s as those schools are trying to round out their recruiting classes so they can focus on their college teams for the spring. The 23s will still be recruited next summer, but at that point the top d1 teams have moved on and the lower level d1, d2 and d3 schools will be watching. Anyone who tells you otherwise about the presidents cup is probably a club director looking to pad their pockets by charging you some high numbers to go.
The previous post that said use it for film etc, is exactly right as there will be good competition there, however temper your expectations a bit if you think you'll see college coaches on your sideline for games. Could they be there... sure...Is it likely... no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only 24a getting looked at at presidents cup would be the teams in the top A bracket there, the majority of 24s will not see any college coaches. This is generally the last big tourney that the 23s get a lot of exposure from the d1 schools before focusing on the summer for the 24s as those schools are trying to round out their recruiting classes so they can focus on their college teams for the spring. The 23s will still be recruited next summer, but at that point the top d1 teams have moved on and the lower level d1, d2 and d3 schools will be watching. Anyone who tells you otherwise about the presidents cup is probably a club director looking to pad their pockets by charging you some high numbers to go.
The previous post that said use it for film etc, is exactly right as there will be good competition there, however temper your expectations a bit if you think you'll see college coaches on your sideline for games. Could they be there... sure...Is it likely... no

Perfectly stated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just went to Presidents Cup (Dallas) Website. 2024 Divisions. Yellow Jackets Gold/Blue/White teams listed?? Where is Weiner/Ramos/Kildare (O’Sullivan)? What’s going on here?

https://iwlca.teamsportsinfo.com/iw...ow_divs_menu=true&show_brackets=true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow jackets fall tourneys are a la carte, once registered they put the girls on teams they deem fit depending on who signs up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think you could call a director and pay them a big number to guarantee your kid a starting spot and full recruiting support? Maybe half now and half when your kids gets a verbal from a list of schools. I’m sure a select few would pay up for that. 20k now and another 20k once offered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think you could call a director and pay them a big number to guarantee your kid a starting spot and full recruiting support? Maybe half now and half when your kids gets a verbal from a list of schools. I’m sure a select few would pay up for that. 20k now and another 20k once offered.

They could pay whatever they want…. At the end of the day the college coaches at the best programs know what they are looking for, they do not recruit “clubs” they recruit players. There are not too many top tier players that fall through the cracks, they generally end up at a Top 10-15 program.
You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

Page 15 of 73 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard