BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 154 of 267 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Obviously at this age there are no more parent coached teams. What makes for a good 8th grade coach coming in from outside.

Guess you havent seen Hawks

Comparing WSYL roster (of on-age boys) with the 2026 coaches on the webpage, these are father/son: #1 (Head Coach), #4 (Asst), #9 (Asst), #44 (Asst). Don't know if the Asst Head Coach has a son on team, but someone does![/quote]

I'd be happy to have a 3X all-american and team captain at MD coach my kid, regardless of whether he's a parent or not. The best coaching my son has received was in rec by fathers, all of whom played high level D1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are out of state players all the time in girls club. Multiple clubs have players from California, Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, and Illinois. They don’t fly in for practices, but attend tournaments. It’s common practice. If it’s unfair/unacceptable to you, go play for a club that rosters local players only. Or, work so hard that your coach can’t put one of those players before yours on the field. It’s your choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously at this age there are no more parent coached teams. What makes for a good 8th grade coach coming in from outside.

Comparing WSYL roster (of on-age boys) with the 2026 coaches on the webpage, these are father/son: #1 (Head Coach), #4 (Asst), #9 (Asst), #44 (Asst). Don't know if the Asst Head Coach has a son on team, but someone does!

I'd be happy to have a 3X all-american and team captain at MD coach my kid, regardless of whether he's a parent or not. The best coaching my son has received was in rec by fathers, all of whom played high level D1.[/quote]

Good morning Rage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Comparing WSYL roster (of on-age boys) with the 2026 coaches on the webpage, these are father/son: #1 (Head Coach), #4 (Asst), #9 (Asst), #44 (Asst). Don't know if the Asst Head Coach has a son on team, but someone does!

I'd be happy to have a 3X all-american and team captain at MD coach my kid, regardless of whether he's a parent or not. The best coaching my son has received was in rec by fathers, all of whom played high level D1.

Good morning Rage![/quote]

No idea who that is. I have no connection to the Hawks or any of their coaches. I live in Baltimore and my experience has been entirely with teams there, but the bio of the Hawks 2026 HC speaks for itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough guy - new guy from California . New at 91 will be flying in this year then board locally next year. No affiliation with private schools just want my son to play for the club that has a strong track record of getting kids into top schools— high school and college. No one else compared to 91.

Flying in players is a BS move, kills team morale as well.

MM loves bringing in the TX kids too. But without practicing on the regular, team looks lost when they show up. Imagine being one of the kids who gets passed over for someone not really on the team. Hilarious stuff. Not a way to win or build comradery among the team.

Takes spots of hard working players already on the team. The 91 way.

But good luck bro.

“Not really on the team”
It sounds like his kid is “on the team” just like the other kids.
Your reply makes you sound like your kid’s spot might be threatened by an out of state player who doesn’t even have to be at practice to be able to take his place.
THAT’S hilarious stuff. And if the out of state kid helps the team win, it seems like that might help morale.

Know a number of boys on this team, and the out of state players definitely are not improving the morale of the Baltimore players. My son is not on the team so I have no dog in this fight.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough guy - new guy from California . New at 91 will be flying in this year then board locally next year. No affiliation with private schools just want my son to play for the club that has a strong track record of getting kids into top schools— high school and college. No one else compared to 91.

MM loves bringing in the TX kids too. But without practicing on the regular, team looks lost when they show up. Imagine being one of the kids who gets passed over for someone not really on the team. Hilarious stuff. Not a way to win or build comradery among the team.

But good luck bro.

“Not really on the team”
Your reply makes you sound like your kid’s spot might be threatened by an out of state player who doesn’t even have to be at practice to be able to take his place.
THAT’S hilarious stuff. And if the out of state kid helps the team win, it seems like that might help morale.

Know a number of boys on this team, and the out of state players definitely are not improving the morale of the Baltimore players. My son is not on the team so I have no dog in this fight.
No dog in the fight but opinions on the morale of a team you are not on based on comments from your unhappy friends. Sounds about BOTC right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, LOONEYS FTW!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But good luck bro.

“Not really on the team”

No dog in the fight but opinions on the morale of a team you are not on based on comments from your unhappy friends. Sounds about BOTC right.

Ouch !!! That hit a Homerun !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd be happy to have a 3X all-american and team captain at MD coach my kid, regardless of whether he's a parent or not. The best coaching my son has received was in rec by fathers, all of whom played high level D1.[/quote]

Look who is posting now. Hi There Mr Rage !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look who is posting now. Hi There Mr Rage ![/quote]

I already said I live in Baltimore and have no connection to the Hawks - who's rage? I legit have no idea.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I already said I live in Baltimore and have no connection to the Hawks - who's rage? I legit have no idea.[/quote]

The only team and coach to care about in MD is VLC Blackops, Blackops are the top team in town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I already said I live in Baltimore and have no connection to the Hawks - who's rage? I legit have no idea.

The only team and coach to care about in MD is VLC Blackops, Blackops are the top team in town.[/quote]

I don't think VLC Black Ops exists anymore. It was a combo team formed for the world series. Now the players have returned to their regular teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I already said I live in Baltimore and have no connection to the Hawks - who's rage? I legit have no idea.[/quote]

Rage is the nick name given on this board to the 26 Hawks coach, by those who he has beaten, cut or just annoyed, due to his sideline antics and coach techniques. It seems appropriate when you watch him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rage is the nick name given on this board to the 26 Hawks coach, by those who he has beaten, cut or just annoyed, due to his sideline antics and coach techniques. It seems appropriate when you watch him.

It is, Best coach at 26 and worst coach at 26,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is, Best coach at 26 and worst coach at 26,

Funny. And according to the ranking there are five teams better and who beat the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assure you, my son’s AAA coach doesn’t need me to share his name or credentials. He is extremely humble. But, make no mistake. He’s as legit as they come, and his background speaks for itself, and our team knows it! He actually cares about all of the kids on his team and making them the best athletes they can be, and helping them play at the next level….. whatever that may be. As a parent, that’s all I could ask for. I assure you we will play your elite team at some point…but win or lose, the respect our team has for our coach(s) will not be lost on you. He’s dedicated to making good lax players the best they can be and challenging them to be better every day. If he develops a kid who ends up leaving to go elite….he’d say…. I did my job…. and I wish that kid the best. And that, in my opinion, is a good coach. More should aspire to be like him. With that, when kids get recruited to go elite, and decline to stay with him….That speaks volumes. See you on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree. Huge difference in top AAA and AA. Don’t sleep on Cannons and HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assure you, my son’s AAA coach doesn’t need me to share his name or credentials. He is extremely humble. But, make no mistake. He’s as legit as they come, and his background speaks for itself, and our team knows it! He actually cares about all of the kids on his team and making them the best athletes they can be, and helping them play at the next level….. whatever that may be. As a parent, that’s all I could ask for. I assure you we will play your elite team at some point…but win or lose, the respect our team has for our coach(s) will not be lost on you. He’s dedicated to making good lax players the best they can be and challenging them to be better every day. If he develops a kid who ends up leaving to go elite….he’d say…. I did my job…. and I wish that kid the best. And that, in my opinion, is a good coach. More should aspire to be like him. With that, when kids get recruited to go elite, and decline to stay with him….That speaks volumes. See you on the field.

It’s strange that you won’t say what team you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a joy to be around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree. Huge difference in top AAA and AA. Don’t sleep on Cannons and HoCo.
Ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BINGO

Every coach (good or bad) has at least one loyal team parent who would nominate him for sainthood, and many coaches in all divisions follow the same principles as your guy. Honestly, you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder that your son is not playing elite. "See you on the field" is a tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See you on the field.
No, we won't. Your son is playing AAA. Mine is playing elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The vast majority of coaches at all levels care about the kids, etc. The difference between Elite and AAA is the level of the players (size and skill). Glad that your son has found the right fit and is having a good experience. That is what it is all about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See you on the field.
No, we won't. Your son is playing AAA. Mine is playing elite.

Elite is for a certain type of player. Not all can play there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some people should rest on their playing careers. He routinely gets out coached and cannot solve zone defenses...just saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some people should rest on their playing careers. He routinely gets out coached and cannot solve zone defenses...just saying[/quote]

Define "routinely." No dog in this fight, but if I find it difficult to believe that a guy with a 47-4 record last year with wins over Express and Tigers is a bad coach. If he couldn't solve zone defenses then the other coaches who didn't play zone defense were even worse. What kind of terrible coach doesn't play zone defense against a team coached by a guy who can't solve them? Apologies if this is too logical for this forum, but just keeping it real for you all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some people should rest on their playing careers. He routinely gets out coached and cannot solve zone defenses...just saying

Define "routinely." No dog in this fight, but if I find it difficult to believe that a guy with a 47-4 record last year with wins over Express and Tigers is a bad coach. If he couldn't solve zone defenses then the other coaches who didn't play zone defense were even worse. What kind of terrible coach doesn't play zone defense against a team coached by a guy who can't solve them? Apologies if this is too logical for this forum, but just keeping it real for you all.[/quote]

Team couldn’t get past quarterfinals at naptown, nlf national championship and World Series. Lost to maddog stealth blackops and express north in them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks didn’t lose those games because their coach can’t break a zone defense. They lost because they have historically relied on a couple of dominant players, and as opposing teams get older and better, the Hawks are no longer the force they once were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks didn’t lose those games because their coach can’t break a zone defense. They lost because they have historically relied on a couple of dominant players, and as opposing teams get older and better, the Hawks are no longer the force they once were.

I ain't the man I once was either. My guess is neither are most of the rest of the posters on here that are also living through their kids. At the end of the day, the Hawks were 47-4. Despite being a contemptible lout, Rage is either a skilled coach, a skilled recruiter, or both. There is a reason that so much focus on this board is placed on him. He is amongst the best, if not the best.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: No detest speech
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I ain't the man I once was either. My guess is neither are most of the rest of the posters on here that are also living through their kids. At the end of the day, the Hawks were 47-4. Despite being a contemptible lout, Rage is either a skilled coach, a skilled recruiter, or both. There is a reason that so much focus on this board is placed on him. He is amongst the best, if not the best.

8th grade is where all the teams get upgraded with new players ( holdbacks and growth) . This is it. See how they do this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8th grade is where all the teams get upgraded with new players ( holdbacks and growth) . This is it. See how they do this year.

Truth ^^^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rhymes with Belly Boast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rhymes with Belly Boast.
They are not in AAA; but he is a solid coach/person after going up against him for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bit of info that the elite clubs don’t want you to know:

The coaching is pretty much the same at the top 3 levels. Many of the youth club coaches are good.

The only difference in level of play is the quality of athlete across the roster and the commitment level of the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaching is pretty much the same at the top 3 levels. Many of the youth club coaches are good.

The only difference in level of play is the quality of athlete across the roster and the commitment level of the players.

Sure having IAmInsecure Cottle, Spencer Ford and Brendan Kelly are on the same level as AAA or AA coaches. Give me a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure having IAmInsecure Cottle, Spencer Ford and Brendan Kelly are on the same level as AAA or AA coaches. Give me a break

Yeah, because the one thing those guys do is give a sh-i-t about youth club practices...lol

Cottle hasn't "coached" in at least a decade. And the rest of those guys? Talk about mailing it in and resting on laurels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meh sure. Coaching is not the same at AA Sidewinders as it is at Hawks. heck, the coaching is a key factor in assessing top-to-bottom brackets within AAA and AA for sure. Facilities are not the same either (try playing on county turf, where the county cancels "all activities on all fields" 3x per week, all year long). Parents keeping up with their kids' workouts is not the same from AA to AAA to Elite, I can tell you that also.

To your point, none of this matters if a kid lacks sufficient talent or a work ethic. But for most kids already at these levels, these other things are very real variables.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because the one thing those guys do is give a sh-i-t about youth club practices...lol

Cottle hasn't "coached" in at least a decade. And the rest of those guys? Talk about mailing it in and resting on laurels.

Cottle will go down as one of best coaches ever in youth, club ,High School and College.

Like Reply Quote
Page 154 of 267 1 2 152 153 154 155 156 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard