West Babylon HS (NY) 2023 Midfield, Defense Lacey Downey Commits to Boston College

@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: West Babylon High School (NY) 2023 Midfield, Defense Lacey Downey of LI Jester Girls United LC has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Boston College.

High school: West Babylon High School (Babylon, NY)
Grad year: 2023
Positions: Midfield, Defense
College committed to: Boston College
Club team: LI Jester Girls United LC
Lacrosse honors: Varsity starter as a 7th 8th 9th and 10th grader. 2018 Suffolk County All-Rookie Team 2019 All-County Honorable Mention Long Island Under Armour command team in 2019 and 2020 Long Islands 21 Female Players to Watch for the 2021 Season- Long Island Lacrosse Journal 2020 Under Armour All American All-Tournament Girls Command Team 2020 All North Super Regional Girls Command Team 2020 Most Outstanding Player for All North Super Regional Girls Command Team Top 100 girls on Long Island 2021 lacrosse magazine national watch list 2023 girls Newsday's Athlete of the Week Top points scorer on Long Island 2021 Suffolk All-County Newsday's All Long Island First Team All American Honorable Mention 2021 Under Armour All American All-Tournament Highlight Team 2021 Highlight All-Tournament Team Most Outstanding Player
Academic honors: High honor roll
Expected major: Physician Assistant
Why did you choose Boston College, Women's D1? "I choose Boston College because it is one of the best colleges in the country and won the national championship last year. The coaching staff is also like no other, they are so kind and loving which made it an easy decision. The girls on the team are also so welcoming and made me seem a part of the team. Boston College itself also provides one of the best college educations."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I want to thank Colleen Kilgus. She helped me with my recruiting from day 1. She is the reason I am the player I am today. I also have to thank Jerry Caramelli and Cristina Esposito because they took my skills to another level making me so much better. My parents also had a huge part in my recruiting. They were always so supportive and just wanted me to be happy."
What other colleges did you consider? "Syracuse University."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Lacey Downey on her commitment to Boston College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below: