BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
—- “Exactly! Look at Charlotte North, unknown from Texas who left Duke because they stink and don't know how to coach, and explodes under the right guidance. Izzy Scane was recruited as a defenseman from the midwest that nobody ever heard of, and look at her!” —-

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh brother, the above post is complete nonsense, why would you post such BS?

Charlotte North was the # 20 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and was face guarded in her very first college game (as a freshman).

Izzy Scane was the #16 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and a US U19 Team Member. Also, Izzy was never a Defender.

To say Duke stinks is just silly, Duke is one of the 20 best programs, if they stink what does that say about the other programs?

Both of the players were obviously well know by the people that know.

Obviously the Duke & Northwestern Coaching staff’s knew who she was.

Pretty sure BC. Coach knew who she was.

I would recommend no posting for you.

Duke gets smoked by other ACC teams, will be no different this year, they are definitely NOT the boys!

Off the top of my head I seem to remember Duke losing to BC by 1, ND by 1 and Unc by 1 last year and I think they beat UVA, VaTech and Louisville…

I hope your not the same dope who never heard of Scane or North…

They also lost to UVA, doubled down by UNC, triple dowed by Cuse, double down by NW. Duke is not a top team, please face facts. They did not recruit well this year either, so it's not looking much better. Their two 2022 commits from LI did not even make the UA team. Now who sounds like the dope?

The US team selection was a joke!! We know there was politics involved in those!! To bring that up as an example is dopey!

Correction…. UA team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—- “Exactly! Look at Charlotte North, unknown from Texas who left Duke because they stink and don't know how to coach, and explodes under the right guidance. Izzy Scane was recruited as a defenseman from the midwest that nobody ever heard of, and look at her!” —-

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh brother, the above post is complete nonsense, why would you post such BS?

Charlotte North was the # 20 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and was face guarded in her very first college game (as a freshman).

Izzy Scane was the #16 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and a US U19 Team Member. Also, Izzy was never a Defender.

To say Duke stinks is just silly, Duke is one of the 20 best programs, if they stink what does that say about the other programs?

Both of the players were obviously well know by the people that know.

Obviously the Duke & Northwestern Coaching staff’s knew who she was.

Pretty sure BC. Coach knew who she was.

I would recommend no posting for you.

Duke gets smoked by other ACC teams, will be no different this year, they are definitely NOT the boys!

Off the top of my head I seem to remember Duke losing to BC by 1, ND by 1 and Unc by 1 last year and I think they beat UVA, VaTech and Louisville…

I hope your not the same dope who never heard of Scane or North…

They also lost to UVA, doubled down by UNC, triple dowed by Cuse, double down by NW. Duke is not a top team, please face facts. They did not recruit well this year either, so it's not looking much better. Their two 2022 commits from LI did not even make the UA team. Now who sounds like the dope?

The US team selection was a joke!! We know there was politics involved in those!! To bring that up as an example is dopey!

Correction…. UA team

It's only a "joke" because you're daughter was cut, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very hard to listen to all the odd obsessions and chest pounding on these threads when it comes to choosing schools and putting other people’s choices down. Playing NCAA Women’s lacrosse is a balance of competition and academics, find your daughter’s balance.

The first list is the 2021 Final Coaches Poll Ranking. If Lacrosse is the most important thing to your daughter, stay high on the list, seems pretty simple. This is the list made by the coaches of all the teams, probably the best indicator you will find. Most of these teams are common to the top 20, there are a couple missing that sometimes you see in the top 20. There is movement every year, this is how they stacked up last year.

The second list is a 2021 Composite Academic Ranking list (TOP 20, some have no W Lax teams). If Academics is the most important thing to your daughter, stay high on the list, seems pretty simple. This list is a composed from many sources. There are many, many organizations that rank the academics, so depending on what list you look at (Forbes, US News, Fortune, CNBC, Niche etc…) you will find a different ranking. Very standard is the top 7 of the following list, stay at the top of any and all those lists. Again it is a composite ranking, it takes all the most popular lists, compiles all those results into one final list for 2021 (This list is much more stable that the lax rankings year to year).

The point to this post is stop trying to put other peoples college choices down because they don't align with your own, find your own balance.

2021 IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – June 1, 2021

1 Boston College
2 Syracuse
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Stony Brook
6 Notre Dame
7 Florida
8 Duke
9 Loyola Maryland
10 Maryland
11 Virginia
12 James Madison
13 Denver
14 Rutgers
15 Drexel
16 Stanford
17 Johns Hopkins
18 Jacksonville
19 Temple
20 Massachusetts

2021 Top Academic Colleges Composite Ranking
#1 Stanford University
#2 Harvard University
#3 California Institute of Technology - Caltech
#4 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
#5 University of California, Berkeley
#6 Yale University
#7 Princeton University
#8 University of Chicago
#9 Johns Hopkins University
#10 University of Pennsylvania
#11 University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
#12 Columbia University
#13 Cornell University
#14 Duke University
#15 University of Michigan
#16 Northwestern University
#17 New York University
#18 Carnegie Mellon University
#19 University of Washington
#20 University of California, San Diego

Lol, I don't know where you got your academic rankings, but this is the gold standard that came out yesterday. Way off from your rankings.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Does it really matter which list ?? All of the universities on the lists are excellent.

At a quick glance it looks like a total of 16 schools that offer DI Women's Lacrosse made one or both of the lists that means if girls are looking to use lacrosse to help them get into a great academic school maybe 120 players from around the country will have the opportunity.

If the player wants to go to a Top 20 caliber school as well as play for a top 20 caliber lacrosse program your looking at approximately 8 (in a given year) schools approximately 60 players from around the country will have that opportunity.

If the player wants the opportunity to go to a top 10 caliber school and a top 10 caliber lacrosse program there are maybe 4 or 5 schools (in a given year)so you are looking at approximately 30 - 35 players from around the country.

How many Long Island players have a realistic shot at go to play at one of these schools?

The large majority of players will not be going to schools on these lists that is just reality.

Try to find the best fit, there are a lot of great opportunities out there.

Good Luck to All

The only schools that offer top 10 lacrosse and top 10 academics are Northwestern. Oh yea, just one. Close contenders are Princeton, Penn, Duke. Close and looking in are Hopkins, Stanford.

All pretty silly but I will play along.

In the past five "full seasons of play" only 10 teams have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 every year. They are:

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Syracuse
Northwestern
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn

Based on actual performance, the above are arguably the Top 10 Programs.

2020 was a shortened season with no Tournament so we don't know what would have happened and 2021 was not a "regular season".

Pretty sure Princeton checks all the boxes for being considered Top 10 Academically as well as being one of the Top 10 Women's Lacrosse Programs.

Below are the Final Rankings 2015 - 2019 for Northwestern and Princeton:

Northwestern

2015 - 6
2016 - 12
2017 - 13
2018 - 8
2019 - 4

Average Rank: 8.6

Princeton

2015 - 9
2016 - 15
2017 - 7
2018 - 10
2019 - 6

Average Rank: 9.4

Penn Finished the season in the Top 20 every year but only 1 Top 10 finish.

Stanford finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in 3 of the 5 years with 1 Top 10 finish.

Notre Dame finished in the Top 20 in 4 of the 5 years and finished 2X in the Top 10.

Duke used to be a perennial Top 20 program, many times ending the season in the Top 10 and going to the Final Four but has been inconsistent the past few years.

Johns Hopkins is very competitive, they consistently finish the season in the 15 - 25 range (not top 10) but certainly one of the Top 20 - 25 Programs.

I believe the post that you are responding to said "Top 10 caliber" meaning they have been Top 10 from time to time (not many programs can say that), Princeton certainly is Top 10 academically as well as Lacrosse. Penn, Stanford and Duke have been there, Hopkins is on the bubble for Lacrosse and Notre Dame is pretty darn good with both academics and lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*** "The US team selection was a joke!! We know there was politics involved in those!! To bring that up as an example is dopey!" ***
*** "Correction…. UA team" ***

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure that I understand your post quoted above...

Are you saying that Izzy Scane and Charlotte North did not deserve to make the Under Armour All American Team? What is your point? Have you been drinking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like about 30 players have publicly committed with about half (14) to Top 20 Programs and 5 players to Navy and Michigan both of which have done very well recently. I think we will see several more to top programs next week. When the top kids commit, it helps everybody because a lot of schools have to move down their list. Enjoy the ride.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*** "The US team selection was a joke!! We know there was politics involved in those!! To bring that up as an example is dopey!" ***

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Are you saying that Izzy Scane and Charlotte North did not deserve to make the Under Armour All American Team? What is your point? Have you been drinking?

We are talking about the LI UA team here and the two 22s who did not make it! That was politics and a joke. What are you talking about? What does Izzy Scane and Charlotte North have to do with that? Have you been drinking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are talking about the LI UA team here and the two 22s who did not make it! That was politics and a joke. What are you talking about? What does Izzy Scane and Charlotte North have to do with that? Have you been drinking?

Please try to follow along, the post stating UA was a joke due to politics was connected to the thread that stated Scane and North were no names who nobody knew about...

If you are the one who posted I guess you must have been drinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no we, you are the only one talking about the LI team. Go back and read the posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no we, you are the only one talking about the LI team. Go back and read the posts.

The post was about the two '22 Duke commits that did not make the UA Highlight team. It was not due to politics. They did not play well. I was there. You also know that the UA Highlight team won the tournament so stop with your nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post was about the two '22 Duke commits that did not make the UA Highlight team. It was not due to politics. They did not play well. I was there. You also know that the UA Highlight team won the tournament so stop with your nonsense.

The reference to UA was with regard to Izzy Scane and Charlotte North’s credentials and being named Under Armour Senior All-Americans. Not sure why you think it had to do with Duke 22 commits.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, cause when one of the selected TG players choose to go to American Select instead Dave just replaced her with another Elevate player.. yup who the coach is doesn't matter at all in who makes the team..

and btw , Im sure they still got all that Duke money coming in...how about you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, cause when one of the selected TG players choose to go to American Select instead Dave just replaced her with another Elevate player.. yup who the coach is doesn't matter at all in who makes the team..

Please explain how this discussion went from discussing the two best players in the college game to the class of 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain how this discussion went from discussing the two best players in the college game to the class of 2022?

No one needs to explain, people can talk about or respond to anything they want on any post. You are not the moderator. BTW, this is a 2023 thread , why talk about the two college girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, the elevate player was better, and deserved the spot. Hard to swallow I know, but a fact. And the team finally won without the YJ influence. Very telling! Duke has a problem recruiting which is why they will continue to trail in the ACC. Did you notice that none of the top '23 players considered Duke?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, the elevate player was better, and deserved the spot. Hard to swallow I know, but a fact. And the team finally won without the YJ influence. Very telling! Duke has a problem recruiting which is why they will continue to trail in the ACC. Did you notice that none of the top '23 players considered Duke?

Nothing annoys me more than when someone writes cause instead of because. It’s one thing to say it when you’re speaking it’s entirely another thing when you actually write it. Come on you’re better than that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unmmm, probably didn’t have the smarts and grades! I bet Duke girls get better jobs after college! Hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Nothing annoys me more than when someone writes cause instead of because. It’s one thing to say it when you’re speaking it’s entirely another thing when you actually write it. Come on you’re better than that![/quote

Who gives two poops what the heck annoys you!!!!
You sound so obnoxious , get over yourself! Come on, You’re better than that !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now we have the grammar police. This thread neva disappoints.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any daughter who has parents dissuading her from Duke(assuming that was an option) is being misguided. Who cares if the coach isn’t great. The school is great. Get your priorities in line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one needs to explain, people can talk about or respond to anything they want on any post. You are not the moderator. BTW, this is a 2023 thread , why talk about the two college girls?

You can’t explain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any daughter who has parents dissuading her from Duke(assuming that was an option) is being misguided. Who cares if the coach isn’t great. The school is great. Get your priorities in line.

Unless they had other options like:

Penn, Princeton= Same or better academics with an excellent chance at a conference championship and possibly beyond, and closer (win,win)

Northwestern= Equal academics with a pretty much guaranteed conference championship and strong shot at a NC

Another great option with strong academics (not as strong as the others) but still great, but with better lax than Duke: ND

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn, Princeton= Same or better academics with an excellent chance at a conference championship and possibly beyond, and closer (win,win)

Northwestern= Equal academics with a pretty much guaranteed conference championship and strong shot at a NC

Another great option with strong academics (not as strong as the others) but still great, but with better lax than Duke: ND

It is not pretty much a guarantee that Northwestern will win a Conference Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not pretty much a guarantee that Northwestern will win a Conference Championship.

Pretty sure it would happen at least 1x in four years. It's them and MD, no other real contenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmm....why then did Charlotte North leave Duke? Only so much of a bad coach and overhyped, self absorbed girls a kid can take! Boys team=GREAT, Girls, not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure it would happen at least 1x in four years. It's them and MD, no other real contenders.

Considering the fact that there have been only 6 B1G Championships and 3 different programs have won championships I would say there have been and will be other contenders. Maryland 3 , Northwestern 2, Penn State 1…. Who knows what the future holds?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmm....why then did Charlotte North leave Duke? Only so much of a bad coach and overhyped, self absorbed girls a kid can take! Boys team=GREAT, Girls, not so much.

Who knows why she left, maybe she was struggling academically?

To each her own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who knows why she left, maybe she was struggling academically?

To each her own.

Really?? So she transfers to BC, where the academics are so much easier?? C’mon! I’m sure it had nothing to do with the lacrosse, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN is an academic AA - great student. Dad went to Princeton. She knew she would not win at Duke. Coach and team were not as focused and driven to be the best as she was. It is that simple. She did not want her last 2 years to slip away without an opportunity to win a NC and be the best player she could be. Have to give her credit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN is an academic AA - great student. Dad went to Princeton. She knew she would not win at Duke. Coach and team were not as focused and driven to be the best as she was. It is that simple. She did not want her last 2 years to slip away without an opportunity to win a NC and be the best player she could be. Have to give her credit.

As stated above, to each her own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Amazing what can happen with right coach and team culture! And a BC degree isn’t to shabby!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Amazing what can happen with right coach and team culture! And a BC degree isn’t to shabby!

This is a really funny forum. Isn't this the thread that had some self rightious buffoon carrying on about honoring your commitment? Where did he go?

As far as BC goes, it's a good school but there are at least 21 schools that are considered stronger academically that offer Division I Women's Lacrosse.

I can't imagine the comments that would fly from some on this site if someone posted that their daughter was offered a spot at a Top 5 - 10 caliber lacrosse program but decided to go to a program not considered Top 35.

Never understood trying to elevate oneself or their decision or schools/programs by trying to tear down or diminish others or their decisions schools / programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea why she left as it has never been publicly stated by either Duke or CN.
Maybe the Duke coach told her not to go to goal in the last 30 seconds when they’re up by 10? BC doesn’t seem to care as she did it often last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know CN and her family very well. My source could not be better. Nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, thanks for shinning some light in the mystery. That said, it’s my opinion that she was the biggest single reason BC won the NC this year.. you mean to tell me she couldn’t do that in Duke?
Walker ain’t that much better than Kimel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how much you follow college lax but top to bottom including coaches BC is much stronger than Duke. They have been for 5 years! And looking at recruiting classes will be for the foreseeable future. Agree CN is a force and is a big reason why BC was so successful last year but please consider the following. In 2019 when CN transferred BC was off to a terrible start. This past year in the biggest game of the year (semi vs UNC) she was beaten badly on the draw and had only 2 goals. It was a complete team effort that took down the team nobody thought could be beaten. This is a 2023 thread so I will leave it there and let people get back to the recruiting process. Good luck to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some more big visits this weekend. Expecting a bunch more top girls will make their choice. Most of the best schools will be filling their quota over the next week or so with the exception of Stanford, who will get the leftovers (some very good girls, but not the top)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H
Some more big visits this weekend. Expecting a bunch more top girls will make their choice. Most of the best schools will be filling their quota over the next week or so with the exception of Stanford, who will get the leftovers (some very good girls, but not the top)

holy cow, you must be some kind of mental patient, you have severe issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
H

holy cow, you must be some kind of mental patient, you have severe issues.

Why is that? I actually feel bad for them. They could have probably gotten some top girls if they didn't drag their process. A shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree! I guess their kid couldn’t get into Stanford. What a hammerhead!

Page 13 of 34 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard