BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 124 of 128 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard about this particular forum at practice this morning and spent the last hour reviewing posts....do you know what the real problem with lacrosse is?

It's YOU, pathetic parents with nothing better to be crying and moaning and spending your time posting inaccurate / false information. This is my first and last post...

My Son is a 4 year crabs 26 player with a summer 08 birthday and one of the younger players on the team. With that in mind, I've watched him and the Crabs 26 team improve every year and tryouts each summer have been stressful but he's made the team each year through hard work and great coaching. My Wife and I (both college athletes) made a conscious decision to send him to school on schedule knowing full well he'd be playing against older kids with the expectation that he would rise to the competition.

I keep hearing nonsense that the 26 team is mostly (or all) holdbacks and that is entirely inaccurate....I actually had a Dad on our football team (who's Son did not make the Crabs cut and is on his 3rd club team) reference one of our players specifically as a holdback and had to set him straight immediately....the player he mentioned was actually playing up on the 25's (he's that good) and came back to 26 to play in his true year class. Shut him up pretty quick.

With regard to the crabs not inviting talented teams to our tournaments because we don't want the competition then let me ask you this....why the heck do we drive to Long Island for tournaments? Do you think we like going to LI? NOOOOO!

None of the Crabs parents like going to LI for the same reasons nobody likes going to LI. We do it for the kids so they get to play other highly competitive teams.

Next, with regard to recruiting kids from other states to fill Boys Latin dorms...again, complete BS. We do have 2 kids from FL on the team but guess what? They don't go to school at BL or any other MD school. The parents actually fly up for practice and games because the Dads played college lacrosse, they have very talented kids and the South FL lacrosse scene is not very competitive...(and I guess they have that kinda cash). Again, they do it for the kids. And, they selected Crabs. Does your son's team have parents that committed?

And finally, do you remember the Crabs 26 v Madlax game (Crabs won) last season where the Madlax coach was ejected in the 1st quarter, 2 players were ejected in the 4th quarter (with 4 minutes in a 2 man down situation) and then the referee's called the game with 1:15 left in the game because the parents were not nice? I do:)....now that's a classy lacrosse club!
(I couldn't resist)

Y'all have a great season, see you on the field.

Word on the street is that one Floridian is a hold back, and the other is a 2x holdback.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard about this particular forum at practice this morning and spent the last hour reviewing posts....do you know what the real problem with lacrosse is?

It's YOU, pathetic parents with nothing better to be crying and moaning and spending your time posting inaccurate / false information. This is my first and last post...

My Son is a 4 year crabs 26 player with a summer 08 birthday and one of the younger players on the team. With that in mind, I've watched him and the Crabs 26 team improve every year and tryouts each summer have been stressful but he's made the team each year through hard work and great coaching. My Wife and I (both college athletes) made a conscious decision to send him to school on schedule knowing full well he'd be playing against older kids with the expectation that he would rise to the competition.

I keep hearing nonsense that the 26 team is mostly (or all) holdbacks and that is entirely inaccurate....I actually had a Dad on our football team (who's Son did not make the Crabs cut and is on his 3rd club team) reference one of our players specifically as a holdback and had to set him straight immediately....the player he mentioned was actually playing up on the 25's (he's that good) and came back to 26 to play in his true year class. Shut him up pretty quick.

With regard to the crabs not inviting talented teams to our tournaments because we don't want the competition then let me ask you this....why the heck do we drive to Long Island for tournaments? Do you think we like going to LI? NOOOOO!

None of the Crabs parents like going to LI for the same reasons nobody likes going to LI. We do it for the kids so they get to play other highly competitive teams.

Next, with regard to recruiting kids from other states to fill Boys Latin dorms...again, complete BS. We do have 2 kids from FL on the team but guess what? They don't go to school at BL or any other MD school. The parents actually fly up for practice and games because the Dads played college lacrosse, they have very talented kids and the South FL lacrosse scene is not very competitive...(and I guess they have that kinda cash). Again, they do it for the kids. And, they selected Crabs. Does your son's team have parents that committed?

And finally, do you remember the Crabs 26 v Madlax game (Crabs won) last season where the Madlax coach was ejected in the 1st quarter, 2 players were ejected in the 4th quarter (with 4 minutes in a 2 man down situation) and then the referee's called the game with 1:15 left in the game because the parents were not nice? I do:)....now that's a classy lacrosse club!
(I couldn't resist)

Guess your son won’t be seeing the field much this year with all the holdbacks. Might be in your best interest to start scouting out new teams for little Johnny for next year unless you’re planning on holding him back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head in the sand is where he likes to live.

holdbacks are everywhere. And the Crabs are the worst of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

Guess your son won’t be seeing the field much this year with all the holdbacks. Might be in your best interest to start scouting out new teams for little Johnny for next year unless you’re planning on holding him back.

Maybe there is a team in Florida his son can travel to play on?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

What’s funny about parents telling people “oh my kid was playing up but is now where he is supposed to be”? They are also the same parents who advertise their kids birthdays on social media with “happy 14th birthday son, I could not be more proud of the man you are becoming!” when the calendar hasn’t hit Sept 1 yet. Wonder what flavor koolaid that goes with. Happy for your kid that he’s the youngest and can still hang with repeat 8th graders. We look forward to watching him in the NCAA finals in the future. Your team has 2025 players on it, they used to be my son’s teammates in the past and was in the 2025 classrooms with them over the years and they are now 8th graders and mine is a freshman. Your team is exactly what is portrayed here. And the player you say was playing up on 25 is also false, and yeah, he’s that good on a 2026 team because he belongs on the 25 team. Keep drinking your koolaid you college athlete you!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

I bet he and his college athlete wife are going to regret their “conscious decision” to “keep him on schedule for school knowing he would be playing older kids” very soon!? Hmmm, what are the odds they use his summer birthday now as an excuse to hold him back? Saying, he was always at an unfair advantage with older kids? Or, they may just wait to see if he can rise to the challenge of playing the kids two years older? Hopefully he does and good luck to him. I’m against the whole holdback and re-class stuff going on. So, I’m routing for his kid. Just think this guy is DELUSIONAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

Word on the street is that one Floridian is a hold back, and the other is a 2x holdback.

A double holdback flying to MD to play against kids 2 years younger than him. Seems to worth the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

A double holdback will likely be 16 during HOCO playing against on grade 14 year olds. On top of that, travelling from Florida. I sure hope he dominates every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

A double holdback flying to MD to play against kids 2 years younger than him. Seems to worth the time.

UUUHM- The parents ACTUALLY fly up for practice and games... against kids two years younger... because the Dads played college lacrosse!
They have very talented kids and the South FL lacrosse scene is NOT very competitive... against kids two years younger.
They have that kind of cash BUT MOSTLY do it for their kids to play... other kids two years younger!
AND they selected Crabs... to play kids two years younger.
Does your son's team have parents that committed... to playing kids two years younger?

lolz

Thankfully, no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

UUUHM- The parents ACTUALLY fly up for practice and games... against kids two years younger... because the Dads played college lacrosse!
They have very talented kids and the South FL lacrosse scene is NOT very competitive... against kids two years younger.
They have that kind of cash BUT MOSTLY do it for their kids to play... other kids two years younger!
AND they selected Crabs... to play kids two years younger.
Does your son's team have parents that committed... to playing kids two years younger?

lolz

Thankfully, no.

Hey Y'all... Now, who sounds pathetic? Think he regrets his post? I guess we wont know until we "see him on the field"!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

You can tell a parent has been indoctrinated into a specific club culture when they post stuff like this. I mean the ML part is spot on at least.

The FL kid story is hilarious. #30-40 Sweetlax FL sends 10-15+ kids on scholys every year, mostly D1 (Hopkins, USNA, etc). Nobody "needs" to come up from FL and play for the #6-10 Crabs. Are they really SO TALENTED that Sweetlax just couldn't provide them adequate coaching and bench strength?

I live down the street from BL and we have run into some of the boarding students at the pizza place around the corner. All nice young men. And I'm not discounting that they could be 6'1" math prodigies, or that BL has a great theatre program or whatever, but let's use basic common sense and honesty and assume many of them are athletes. Where would they play club ball, if they have the talent to play anywhere? The club that has practice on the campus where they now live (Crabs), or to run off to practice at St Pauls, Gilman, McDonough, DC, Annapolis, etc? Who really thinks that the best players in this boarding campus won't play for Crabs? Doesn't matter if you detest Crabs or love them, this is basic parent stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

I 10000% call total BS. A year ago. 3 Crabs 2025 players reclassed - ALL ARE holdbacks. None of them were playing up. I know this because I know the families. No big deal but please don’t lie on here.

ZERO of the current 2026 Crabs played up on the 25's. Almost the entire team (75+%) are indeed holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ZERO of the current 2026 Crabs played up on the 25's. Almost the entire team (75+%) are indeed holdbacks.
We know this. Everyone knows this, except Crabs dad who has been on the team since inception. Not sure how he missed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know this. Everyone knows this, except Crabs dad who has been on the team since inception. Not sure how he missed it.

Can someone name me 1 elite team playing in HOCO that doesn’t have a holdback on the team? I’ll wait……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone name me 1 elite team playing in HOCO that doesn’t have a holdback on the team? I’ll wait……

There is a difference between having holdbacks one your team vs the idea of holding back being part of your clubs philosophy. It’s how they build .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of them we assume. But none at 75% or more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a difference between having holdbacks one your team vs the idea of holding back being part of your clubs philosophy. It’s how they build .

Ask any HS coach at any private school how they feel about holdbacks? They encourage it; it’s part of the lax culture unfortunately and isn’t going away. If you’re being honest with yourself every club coach would tell you the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None.......Any group of 22-25 13-14 year olds is bound to have one kid who was held back, at some time, for some reason.

I think the issue is the lying about it, like it doesn't exist and like it has no impact on how the game is played at this level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

First of all nobody is coming to BOTC with these fireworks and opinions and leaving. Lie #1.

The approx # of holdbacks on 26 Crabs (10-12) is well established. If it's not "a majority" it's darn close and varies with the daily game roster. Just because they are legit academic holdbacks in some cases, doesn't make them NOT holdbacks. Lie #2.

There is no common sense or math that would lead 2 rock star kids to fly all the way from FL to MD to play at #6-10 Crabs....but not fly another 25 minutes to LI to play for the #1-5 clubs if they are that good. And seriously, Sweetlax FL is #30? #40 in the country and these kids are just TOO GOOD for the SL squad? Seriously?
They just *can't* get exposure there, especially with unlimited parental funds? OK sure. Lie #3

There's a reason that most of the boarding boys at BL are 5'10" to 6'2" and I'm sure they are great kids but they are not primarily on chess scholarships. If you believe otherwise, that's on you. And if you think the common sense solution is to NOT send a boy in boarding school to the lacrosse club practicing *literally* on the same campus, I can't help you there either. Why would they have their sons drive to play on other squads when #6 in the USA is ON CAMPUS. Sure the relationship could be seen as problematic but it has also been set up as a common sense solution for those kids and their parents........if they can play at that level. Denying that is serious cognitive dissonance.

And yeah, we know, ML is an organization full of crazies. You just figuring that out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

The kid on your 26 team was playing for 2025 in 7th grade-ask his father. That would mean he was playing on age at that point in time. Now is playing down. We call that a holdback. Those two kids from Florida will be asked to board at BL at some point. They need to fill those 48 spots. Mac is a member of the BL Board of trustees and he will be leading that charge!!! Hold back Mac does not like to coach teams unless they have older, faster, stronger kids on them-this makes up for his shortcomings as a game day coach. That is why he did not coach the 2024 or 2025 kids in 8th grade. Those teams did not meet his criteria. He basically took their money, held his nose, and shunned them. He is back in the 8th grade coaching business again because there are multiple holdbacks on the team and they should be pretty good. Mac is very predictable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

LOL, that's a pretty long explanation for a simple youth lacrosse team. And you still can't win HOCO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

The kid on your 26 team was playing for 2025 in 7th grade-ask his father. That would mean he was playing on age at that point in time. Now is playing down. We call that a holdback. Those two kids from Florida will be asked to board at BL at some point. They need to fill those 48 spots. Mac is a member of the BL Board of trustees and he will be leading that charge!!! Hold back Mac does not like to coach teams unless they have older, faster, stronger kids on them-this makes up for his shortcomings as a game day coach. That is why he did not coach the 2024 or 2025 kids in 8th grade. Those teams did not meet his criteria. He basically took their money, held his nose, and shunned them. He is back in the 8th grade coaching business again because there are multiple holdbacks on the team and they should be pretty good. Mac is very predictable.

Sorry your kid was cut.......tell him to keep grinding; I know Koopers needs midfield help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

I 10000% call total BS. A year ago. 3 Crabs 2025 players reclassed - ALL ARE holdbacks. None of them were playing up. I know this because I know the families. No big deal but please don’t lie on here.

You are correct in saying none played up on 2025. They played on age when on the 2025 team. Now they are lax holdbacks on 2026. Decision made specifically for lax in 7th/8th grade timeframe. Let the truth be told....Don't lie on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

Sorry your kid was cut.......tell him to keep grinding; I know Koopers needs midfield help.

So your son had someone to play with @ Koopers. Wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

You mean keep grinding and have your kid “re-class” once or twice! Is your kid in age…. ?? Tell the truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

A few played “up” with the 25’s when there was no 26 team. Since there has been a 26 team, no player has played “up” on the 25’s. This guy should get his facts straight before rambling on about stuff he has no clue about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand the hold back BS on these boards. Your sons will always be playing with and against kids older and younger once they’re in HS or College.The sooner you get use to it the better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s part of the private SCHOOLS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t understand the hold back BS on these boards. Your sons will always be playing with and against kids older and younger once they’re in HS or College.The sooner you get use to it the better.

Ok, holdback parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are talking about at the youth ages and developmental ages up until HS! Should be more fair during those years!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talking about youth holdback Dad.

It never ceases to amaze me how you holdback apologists always want us to get used to playing against older kids while you want to get used to playing with younger kids.

You must have learned character education at some Miaa school . Is that one of the traits, only certain people are entitled to advantages others dont get. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are talking about at the youth ages and developmental ages up until HS! Should be more fair during those years!

One of the early MIAA holdback adopters was BL. Once King Crab set-up his shop @ BL the culture moved over to his club. He has always been a big proponent of trying to have more older kids on his teams than the competition he plays. He will take the older kids at any age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the early MIAA holdback adopters was BL. Once King Crab set-up his shop @ BL the culture moved over to his club. He has always been a big proponent of trying to have more older kids on his teams than the competition he plays. He will take the older kids at any age.

This began years before the MIAA was even in existence.
The school on Lake Ave used to have the reputation for being a soft landing spot for anyone who had academic or behavior issues or got kicked out of other local privates.
In order to ensure the kid was up to speed, (and get their tuition money's worth) BL admissions would ask those kids to repeat a grade.
BL flourished and often had good lax teams. The trend continued. holdbacks then became a more popular "thing." At BL and elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We hold back parents earn our right to hold back our son. We pay for it to the tune of $35,000 per year…. try that times multiple children. If you cant afford private school you probably shouldn’t be paying $2,000 for club plus all the other expenses involved. Very few MD public school lacrosse players play D 1. Save your money !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We hold back parents earn our right to hold back our son. We pay for it to the tune of $35,000 per year…. try that times multiple children. If you cant afford private school you probably shouldn’t be paying $2,000 for club plus all the other expenses involved. Very few MD public school lacrosse players play D 1. Save your money !!

Pro level troll lol! I don't know what's more amusing, these obnoxious fake private school dad posts, or the sadly not fake triggered responses of "A South River diploma is just as valuable as a GP diploma!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Says the super elitist Stunad! Isn’t US Lacrosse trying to make it more inclusive? Well, it’s going the opposite direction. Are you serious, “ if you can’t afford a private school, shouldn’t be playing club lacrosse”! What an elitist 💩! Maybe rules should change to stop the holdback advantage that you can buy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It never ceases to amaze me how you holdback apologists always want us to get used to playing against older kids while you want to get used to playing with younger kids.

You must have learned character education at some Miaa school . Is that one of the traits, only certain people are entitled to advantages others dont get. lol

All these parents of kids who whine about holdbacks reminds me of a infant with a dirty diaper that never gets changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All these parents of kids who whine about holdbacks reminds me of a infant with a dirty diaper that never gets changed.

Hilarious, Spoken like a spoiled child who thinks it is about him and his world. Only one that needs to be changed is you, as you have no idea how much you smell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious, Spoken like a spoiled child who thinks it is about him and his world. Only one that needs to be changed is you, as you have no idea how much you smell.
LI holdback Cop is at it again. Still cant understand how grade based sports work and all that. Spend some time on the LI express board discussing the good old "plan to do a pg year ploy." Love this guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This began years before the MIAA was even in existence.
The school on Lake Ave used to have the reputation for being a soft landing spot for anyone who had academic or behavior issues or got kicked out of other local privates.
In order to ensure the kid was up to speed, (and get their tuition money's worth) BL admissions would ask those kids to repeat a grade.
BL flourished and often had good lax teams. The trend continued. holdbacks then became a more popular "thing." At BL and elsewhere.

Oh yea it goes back to the MSA(pre-1994) days. Boys who got kicked out of Loyola & CHC for various reasons headed over to BL to be "reformed". Shriver & the faculty saw this as an opportunity to repeat a year to get things back on track whether it was needed or not as well as have lax players that were older and more experienced. Then it became part of the culture as the Crabs program began to flourish. Soon it was part of the school's culture and 7th & 8th graders were brought into the holdback picture. This started BL's dominance. The MSA/MIAA allowed them to play lax in the "A" conference, while they also allowed them to play other sports in the B conference-a discussion for another day. Somebody should interview Shriver & King Crab about their role in this whole evolution of the lax holdback.

Like Reply Quote
Page 124 of 128 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard