BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 34 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definitely hope your daughter doesn’t end up at the same school as my daughter…lol. Your ego won’t fit in the stadium. My daughter actually did get to play her freshman year. She’s actually fairly well known in the women’s college arena and has gotten some good press in the lacrosse magazines this past season. She was super fortunate and she has worked hard to get there. She’s very modest though (as are we) and that makes her an excellent teammate. Remember, this is a team sport and in the end, every single player is replaceable, including my daughter. Remember that.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter will be making a visit this weekend, next weekend (2) and the second weekend in October for another. After this first round of top choices we’ll see where she lands. We had not been proactive reaching out to schools because we had no idea where she stacked up. I should say, I had an idea, and her club coach had an idea but you just don’t really know until the offers start coming in. There is a large swath of other schools that we might target if these first ones fall through. These are top 20 programs so I think she has a great shot with lower ranked programs if she doesn’t like these. It’s nice to see my daughter feeling so good about her future college options and even better hearing her on the phone with these coaches talking about the game. I know she’ll be so excited to bring. Her best to the college game.

Same for us! She really wants to see all her top choices before she decides. There will be no decision until early October. The coaches have been very understanding. I suspect that there are many other girls who are in the same boat as ours. Good luck!

Could these two posts by any more obnoxious?? Especially the first one. Totally not jealous - my daughter is older and already playing lacrosse at a top program. I actually came on here to see if there was any new commitment news - specific commitment news - not bragging about where someone was in the process. These parents have some serious self reflection to do. They will have a big wake up call once their daughter is at the college and they are sitting on the bench while all the other equally talented older kids play first. This is also part of the process of being part of a top program (and that’s ok). I would’ve never posted something like this back when my daughter was going through the process when other recruits and their parents could possibly feel that they were struggling w recruiting or “less than”. It can be a super stressful process for many and I just don’t see where posts like this are beneficial at all. Just say that your daughter is doing campus visits and will probably make her choice mid-Oct. I hope for your daughter’s sake the college coaches don’t see what type of parent(s) she has. That can really be a deal breaker. Lots of talented 23 kids to choose from. Player and parent character is usually part of their decision process.

You’re the one who sounds obnoxious. People want to their time to find the best fit. Why do you care so much? And you should hope my daughter doesn’t go to the school yours is at. Best players see the field as freshmen. I’m confident my daughter will be on the field, but she must earn it. Jrs. And Seniors don’t get a free pass. And FYI, the coaches all love us because we are honest and upfront about our expectations, as they are with theirs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Official visits are not camps. The recruit is no longer proving them self. They are given an itinerary for the visit which is designed to pull her in and impress. At this point they have been given an offer or will be given one during the visit. They want this recruit.

Exactly! And the top recruits are taking their 5 officials and then deciding. Camps are a scam. They may add 1-2 to a roster off camps, if even. They make money off a dream.

Painting with a broad brush.... you are correct though, for the top recruits there is no need to go to a camp at this stage of the game. However, if your daughter is not being pursued and being offered a spot going to a schools camp could be beneficial. Don't just go to any random camp though, if there is a particular school that your daughter is interested in try to see if there is genuine mutual interest from the coaching staff. Have your daughter email all coaches at the program and express her interest. Also, have her Club Director, high school coach and anyone else who has a relationship with the coaching staff (current players, former players etc..) to see if they have any interest in your daughter. Don't ask the coaches "should she go to the camp" just see if they know who she is on their list and if there is any interest. if the answers is yes than going to the camp might help.

Keep in mind, that right now many programs are fighting for the same girls, these are the players who are receiving offers, they are the players that the coaches have at the top of their lists. Coaches are casting their nets some smaller than others but they will all have to move down their list once girls start committing and coaches realize that they lost out on players that they wanted. In the past few months we have seen plenty of 22's committing to a variety of schools.

This is a process, not every player is going to receive offers from the likes of BC, UNC, Northwestern, Syracuse, Penn State, Princeton, Virginia, Notre Dame, Penn, Duke, USC, Stanford etc... Players should reach but be realistic, as the process continues players and parents will start to see what level the player is by the level of programs that are willing to make an offer. Remember, there is a lot of opportunity at schools outside the 10 - 15 traditional powers. Do your best to help your daughter navigate this process by stying positive and helping her to find a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonderful to see a few more of Long Island’s own committing this weekend. All great athletes and well deserved. Ian Proud of all you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for your prediction about the Jesters girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the first round of recruiting is underway - my D is getting all kinds of prospect mail. Just lots of ads for prospect days, not "personal" notes with the mail.
We have to go to these schools to even get considered or seen? "BU" wont take another step unless we go to the camp?

Schools wont be at any more tournaments or film is not good enough anymore? This hasn't even started yet and I'm ready to take a break from all of the mind games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

So wonderful when an "average" player commits to Syracuse. Guess the talent evaluators on here know more than the top college coaches in the nation. LOL Beware of Fake News on here from the haters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the first round of recruiting is underway - my D is getting all kinds of prospect mail. Just lots of ads for prospect days, not "personal" notes with the mail.
We have to go to these schools to even get considered or seen? "BU" wont take another step unless we go to the camp?

Schools wont be at any more tournaments or film is not good enough anymore? This hasn't even started yet and I'm ready to take a break from all of the mind games.

It's part Money Grab and part the Coach has other players ranked higher than your daughter. It has not even been two full weeks and only a handful of girls have committed. If there is a school that you know your daughter absolutely would like to go to and the coaches are talking to her and expressing interest but not willing to commit maybe go to the camp and make sure the coaches know that it is her top choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry not familiar with this sight. I was talking about the other Jesters girl who is going to BC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

So wonderful when an "average" player commits to Syracuse. Guess the talent evaluators on here know more than the top college coaches in the nation. LOL Beware of Fake News on here from the haters.

Agree, the recruiting process lets everyone know where players rank in relation to other players. The best programs make offers to who they believe to be the best players. Parents can complain about the Player Rankings, All-Star Teams, lists and everything else but in the we will know where a player stands based upon the caliber of programs that make offers.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Plenty of marketing behind some of these girls too. Not saying they are not great players! They are. But… let’s see how much they actually get to play at a Syracuse? How many girls on that Syracuse team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Congratulations to ALL the LI girls starting to commit to some awesome colleges. Hoping they all find schools that will be great fits. So many wonderful talented girl lacrosse players from LI! You go GIRLS! Good luck to all of you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Agree, the recruiting process lets everyone know where players rank in relation to other players. The best programs make offers to who they believe to be the best players. Parents can complain about the Player Rankings, All-Star Teams, lists and everything else but in the we will know where a player stands based upon the caliber of programs that make offers.

Don't give the college coaches too much credit. They make mistakes every single year. All of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Don't give the college coaches too much credit. They make mistakes every single year. All of them.

Unless of couse it was your kid LOL!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Plenty of marketing behind some of these girls too. Not saying they are not great players! They are. But… let’s see how much they actually get to play at a Syracuse? How many girls on that Syracuse team?

Just can't help yourself, can you? It never ends with some of you, the jealousy, bitterness and detest always comes through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Just can't help yourself, can you? It never ends with some of you, the jealousy, bitterness and detest always comes through.

Haters will detest. They should post their name so they can hang their head in shame and receive the public ridicule they deserve

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Yeah, okay. I guess that's why we see so much parity in DI women's lacrosse. The coaches at the best programs consistently identify and get the best players every year. If they were making a lot of mistakes it wouldn't be the same 10 - 15 programs always finishing the season ranked in the top 10 or 20. The reality is that there is a limited number of legitimate top tier talent and the large majority of that talent ends up at the top programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking about the other high ranked Jesters girl that committed to BC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter will be making a visit this weekend, next weekend (2) and the second weekend in October for another. After this first round of top choices we’ll see where she lands. We had not been proactive reaching out to schools because we had no idea where she stacked up. I should say, I had an idea, and her club coach had an idea but you just don’t really know until the offers start coming in. There is a large swath of other schools that we might target if these first ones fall through. These are top 20 programs so I think she has a great shot with lower ranked programs if she doesn’t like these. It’s nice to see my daughter feeling so good about her future college options and even better hearing her on the phone with these coaches talking about the game. I know she’ll be so excited to bring. Her best to the college game.

Same for us! She really wants to see all her top choices before she decides. There will be no decision until early October. The coaches have been very understanding. I suspect that there are many other girls who are in the same boat as ours. Good luck!

Could these two posts by any more obnoxious?? Especially the first one. Totally not jealous - my daughter is older and already playing lacrosse at a top program. I actually came on here to see if there was any new commitment news - specific commitment news - not bragging about where someone was in the process. These parents have some serious self reflection to do. They will have a big wake up call once their daughter is at the college and they are sitting on the bench while all the other equally talented older kids play first. This is also part of the process of being part of a top program (and that’s ok). I would’ve never posted something like this back when my daughter was going through the process when other recruits and their parents could possibly feel that they were struggling w recruiting or “less than”. It can be a super stressful process for many and I just don’t see where posts like this are beneficial at all. Just say that your daughter is doing campus visits and will probably make her choice mid-Oct. I hope for your daughter’s sake the college coaches don’t see what type of parent(s) she has. That can really be a deal breaker. Lots of talented 23 kids to choose from. Player and parent character is usually part of their decision process.

Oh, cut them a little slack... the have been much more obnoxious posts on this site. The parents and the kids who are getting attention are excited and while I agree that you should take others feelings into account I didn't think these posts were too bad. People should try not to offend anyone but people should also try to not be offended. I have seen direct attacks on individual players, the two posts you referenced were nothing like that.

Good luck to all.

Agreed. its only obnoxious if the kids start posting their visits to their social media like many football and basketball players do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I've learned so far during this recruiting time:

Camps were a waste of money and time. The camps my daughter went to did not really pan out the way we expected. While other schools that people said "they only recruit from camps" came on hot.

Some schools drag their feet a bit, not sure why. Kind of a turn off when you have other equivalent schools reaching out offering visits, while they just stay "in the loop".

I am surprised that more girls have not committed yet, but it is also refreshing that girls are not jumping at their first offer. This will benefit all, because the girls can see schools and then pick the one that they feel best suit their needs without feeling pressure seeing tons of others committing to the first school that offers.

The experience has been great and I am confident my daughter will find school that checks all the boxes if she is patient with the process.

How is everyone else doing?

Parent of a committed 22 and 24 so no skin in this year's game. One thing I will pass on is that our club recruiting director said that multiple ACC coaches have told her that this is the deepest recruiting class in the past 6 or 7 years. No ultraelite stars at the top, but more outstanding talent than she can remember.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top recruit from grizzlies committed UNC

Was most likely between UNC and Stanford since she has sisters at both. Heard the sister does not love Stanford. Probably factored into the decision. You go to California for lax, and you disappear. UNC is a special place. Great choice!

Actually, it was the other way around, was surprised a bit by UNC selection. Sister at Stanford redshirted as a freshman last year and will have a big 2022 season. If she did not like Stanford, than why no transfer portal? Some of us know the facts but you keep trying to tear down everything Stanford lax. That being said, cannot go wrong with UNC and congrats to her.

Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there.

True. Stanford never had a legit chance at her. The cream of the crop athletes do not go there. It’s more for girls that are decent players but looking for super elite academics. The same type of player that commits to Princeton or Penn.

Another person who just pops off with nonsense... I didn't know so I checked...

Below are the Final Rankings from 2019. Each year there are 48 All-Americans, I would say they would be the cream of the crop... to the right of each team is how many All-Americans the team had.

1 - Maryland - 7

2 - Boston College - 4

3 - North Carolina - 4

4 - Northwestern - 3

5 - Syracuse - 1

6 - Princeton - 3

7 - Virginia - 2

8 - Denver - 2

9 - Notre Dame - 3

10 - Loyola - 4

11 - Michigan - 0

12 - Stony Brook - 1

13 - Florida - 4

14 - Penn - 2

15 - James Madison - 1

16 - Navy - 1

17 - Southern California - 1

18 - Georgetown - 1

19 - Colorado - 0

20 - Dartmouth - 1

21 - Duke - 1

22 - Johns Hopkins - 0

23 - Stanford - 0

24 - High Point - 0

25 - Virginia Tech - 0

You may be correct in terms of Stanford not getting many high end recruits but they are a very competitive program that finishes in the Top 20 - 25 most years. I don't think anyone on this site puts The Cardinal up there with MD, BC, UNC etc... but they are certainly one of the Top 20 - 25 programs.

As for Princeton and Penn, they obviously hold their own and are arguably two of the Top 10 programs. Couple of surprises were Florida and Loyola with 4 AA's siting behind a number of teams that outperformed them that year.

Syracuse was a shock with only 1 AA, I guess they were a young team in 2019.

Denver and Michigan appear to be two of the up and coming programs.

Two Programs that each had an All-American but did not finish the season ranked were Hofstra and Towson.

Surprising that Penn State was not Ranked and did not have any All-Americans.

With the exception of Penn State it looks like the usual suspects finished in the Top 15 and had the lions share of All-Americans. The formula seems pretty simple, recruit the best players and you will have a very strong team.

Also remember that Stanford doesn't (can't) make academic exceptions that many other schools can especially in light of recent scandals. So like the Ivies, they are recruiting maybe 20% of top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What prediction?

Yeah, okay. I guess that's why we see so much parity in DI women's lacrosse. The coaches at the best programs consistently identify and get the best players every year. If they were making a lot of mistakes it wouldn't be the same 10 - 15 programs always finishing the season ranked in the top 10 or 20. The reality is that there is a limited number of legitimate top tier talent and the large majority of that talent ends up at the top programs.

Agree with that. My point is that the coaches miss a lot on the talent that isn't "top tier" - which is quite a large number of coaches and kids. I also think these Top 15 programs cast a wide net and snag some girls that were overrated and wind up not contributing. Look at Stony Brook and Syracuse for two prime examples.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think UNC and Maryland recruit a ton of players that have a ton of hype yet never see the field. Perhaps those players would have had a better college experience at a lesser name lacrosse school? Not that you hear them complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't give the college coaches too much credit. They make mistakes every single year. All of them.[/quote]

Yeah, okay. I guess that's why we see so much parity in DI women's lacrosse. The coaches at the best programs consistently identify and get the best players every year. If they were making a lot of mistakes it wouldn't be the same 10 - 15 programs always finishing the season ranked in the top 10 or 20. The reality is that there is a limited number of legitimate top tier talent and the large majority of that talent ends up at the top programs.[/quote]

Agree with that. My point is that the coaches miss a lot on the talent that isn't "top tier" - which is quite a large number of coaches and kids. I also think these Top 15 programs cast a wide net and snag some girls that were overrated and wind up not contributing. Look at Stony Brook and Syracuse for two prime examples.[/quote]

Exactly! Look at Charlotte North, unknown from Texas who left Duke because they stink and don't know how to coach, and explodes under the right guidance. Izzy Scane was recruited as a defenseman from the midwest that nobody ever heard of, and look at her!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think UNC and Maryland recruit a ton of players that have a ton of hype yet never see the field. Perhaps those players would have had a better college experience at a lesser name lacrosse school? Not that you hear them complaining.

Here we go again, what would make you post something so inaccurate?

UNC and MD do not recruit “a ton” of players. They go after a very small group of players and they bring in on average about 8 freshmen per year.

They do not recruit or offer spots or scholarship $$ based on “hype” the do it based off of what the coaches have watched with their own eyes, pretty sure they know what they like when they see it.

Most programs play between 15 -18 players in their competitive games, it doesn’t matter if it’s Marist or Maryland, Cornell or Carolina, not every player plays.

Also, keep in mind that not every recruit at a particular school is equal… the #1 recruit at Maryland is going to be better than the # 8 recruit at Maryland.

Just keep trying to make yourself feel better by trying to knock others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is BOTC censoring posts? I have noticed some of my posts have not made it to the board. I do not believe the posts were offensive and I certainly didn’t call any players out. Can one of the moderators or TM chime in and explain.

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—- “Exactly! Look at Charlotte North, unknown from Texas who left Duke because they stink and don't know how to coach, and explodes under the right guidance. Izzy Scane was recruited as a defenseman from the midwest that nobody ever heard of, and look at her!” —-

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh brother, the above post is complete nonsense, why would you post such BS?

Charlotte North was the # 20 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and was face guarded in her very first college game (as a freshman).

Izzy Scane was the #16 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and a US U19 Team Member. Also, Izzy was never a Defender.

To say Duke stinks is just silly, Duke is one of the 20 best programs, if they stink what does that say about the other programs?

Both of the players were obviously well know by the people that know.

Obviously the Duke & Northwestern Coaching staff’s knew who she was.

Pretty sure BC. Coach knew who she was.

I would recommend no posting for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, okay. I guess that's why we see so much parity in DI women's lacrosse. The coaches at the best programs consistently identify and get the best players every year. If they were making a lot of mistakes it wouldn't be the same 10 - 15 programs always finishing the season ranked in the top 10 or 20. The reality is that there is a limited number of legitimate top tier talent and the large majority of that talent ends up at the top programs.[/quote]

Agree with that. My point is that the coaches miss a lot on the talent that isn't "top tier" - which is quite a large number of coaches and kids. I also think these Top 15 programs cast a wide net and snag some girls that were overrated and wind up not contributing. Look at Stony Brook and Syracuse for two prime examples.[/quote]

Exactly! Look at Charlotte North, unknown from Texas who left Duke because they stink and don't know how to coach, and explodes under the right guidance. Izzy Scane was recruited as a defenseman from the midwest that nobody ever heard of, and look at her![/quote]

What????? they didn't spend a fortune doing every event under the sun. I'm baffled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very hard to listen to all the odd obsessions and chest pounding on these threads when it comes to choosing schools and putting other people’s choices down. Playing NCAA Women’s lacrosse is a balance of competition and academics, find your daughter’s balance.

The first list is the 2021 Final Coaches Poll Ranking. If Lacrosse is the most important thing to your daughter, stay high on the list, seems pretty simple. This is the list made by the coaches of all the teams, probably the best indicator you will find. Most of these teams are common to the top 20, there are a couple missing that sometimes you see in the top 20. There is movement every year, this is how they stacked up last year.

The second list is a 2021 Composite Academic Ranking list (TOP 20, some have no W Lax teams). If Academics is the most important thing to your daughter, stay high on the list, seems pretty simple. This list is a composed from many sources. There are many, many organizations that rank the academics, so depending on what list you look at (Forbes, US News, Fortune, CNBC, Niche etc…) you will find a different ranking. Very standard is the top 7 of the following list, stay at the top of any and all those lists. Again it is a composite ranking, it takes all the most popular lists, compiles all those results into one final list for 2021 (This list is much more stable that the lax rankings year to year).

The point to this post is stop trying to put other peoples college choices down because they don't align with your own, find your own balance.

2021 IWLCA Division I Coaches Poll – June 1, 2021

1 Boston College
2 Syracuse
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Stony Brook
6 Notre Dame
7 Florida
8 Duke
9 Loyola Maryland
10 Maryland
11 Virginia
12 James Madison
13 Denver
14 Rutgers
15 Drexel
16 Stanford
17 Johns Hopkins
18 Jacksonville
19 Temple
20 Massachusetts

2021 Top Academic Colleges Composite Ranking
#1 Stanford University
#2 Harvard University
#3 California Institute of Technology - Caltech
#4 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
#5 University of California, Berkeley
#6 Yale University
#7 Princeton University
#8 University of Chicago
#9 Johns Hopkins University
#10 University of Pennsylvania
#11 University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
#12 Columbia University
#13 Cornell University
#14 Duke University
#15 University of Michigan
#16 Northwestern University
#17 New York University
#18 Carnegie Mellon University
#19 University of Washington
#20 University of California, San Diego

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very hard to listen to all the odd obsessions and chest pounding on these threads when it comes to choosing schools and putting other people’s choices down. Playing NCAA Women’s lacrosse is a balance of competition and academics, find your daughter’s balance.

The first list is the 2021 Final Coaches Poll Ranking. If Lacrosse is the most important thing to your daughter, stay high on the list, seems pretty simple. This is the list made by the coaches of all the teams, probably the best indicator you will find. Most of these teams are common to the top 20, there are a couple missing that sometimes you see in the top 20. There is movement every year, this is how they stacked up last year.

The second list is a 2021 Composite Academic Ranking list (TOP 20, some have no W Lax teams). If Academics is the most important thing to your daughter, stay high on the list, seems pretty simple. This list is a composed from many sources. There are many, many organizations that rank the academics, so depending on what list you look at (Forbes, US News, Fortune, CNBC, Niche etc…) you will find a different ranking. Very standard is the top 7 of the following list, stay at the top of any and all those lists. Again it is a composite ranking, it takes all the most popular lists, compiles all those results into one final list for 2021 (This list is much more stable that the lax rankings year to year).

The point to this post is stop trying to put other peoples college choices down because they don't align with your own, find your own balance.

1 Boston College
2 Syracuse
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Stony Brook
6 Notre Dame
7 Florida
8 Duke
9 Loyola Maryland
10 Maryland
11 Virginia
12 James Madison
13 Denver
14 Rutgers
15 Drexel
16 Stanford
17 Johns Hopkins
18 Jacksonville
19 Temple
20 Massachusetts

#1 Stanford University
#2 Harvard University
#6 Yale University
#7 Princeton University
#8 University of Chicago
#12 Columbia University
#13 Cornell University
#14 Duke University
#17 New York University

Lol, I don't know where you got your academic rankings, but this is the gold standard that came out yesterday. Way off from your rankings.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. It seems that way. Elizabeth Warren style

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—- “Exactly! Look at Charlotte North, unknown from Texas who left Duke because they stink and don't know how to coach, and explodes under the right guidance. Izzy Scane was recruited as a defenseman from the midwest that nobody ever heard of, and look at her!” —-

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Charlotte North was the # 20 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and was face guarded in her very first college game (as a freshman).

Izzy Scane was the #16 recruit, an Under Armour Senior All American and a US U19 Team Member. Also, Izzy was never a Defender.

To say Duke stinks is just silly, Duke is one of the 20 best programs, if they stink what does that say about the other programs?

Duke gets smoked by other ACC teams, will be no different this year, they are definitely NOT the boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Boston College
2 Syracuse
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Stony Brook
6 Notre Dame
7 Florida
8 Duke
9 Loyola Maryland
10 Maryland
11 Virginia
12 James Madison
13 Denver
14 Rutgers
15 Drexel
16 Stanford
17 Johns Hopkins
18 Jacksonville
19 Temple
20 Massachusetts

#1 Stanford University
#2 Harvard University
#6 Yale University
#7 Princeton University
#8 University of Chicago
#12 Columbia University
#13 Cornell University
#14 Duke University
#17 New York University

Lol, I don't know where you got your academic rankings, but this is the gold standard that came out yesterday. Way off from your rankings.

Does it really matter which list ?? All of the universities on the lists are excellent.

At a quick glance it looks like a total of 16 schools that offer DI Women's Lacrosse made one or both of the lists that means if girls are looking to use lacrosse to help them get into a great academic school maybe 120 players from around the country will have the opportunity.

If the player wants to go to a Top 20 caliber school as well as play for a top 20 caliber lacrosse program your looking at approximately 8 (in a given year) schools approximately 60 players from around the country will have that opportunity.

If the player wants the opportunity to go to a top 10 caliber school and a top 10 caliber lacrosse program there are maybe 4 or 5 schools (in a given year)so you are looking at approximately 30 - 35 players from around the country.

How many Long Island players have a realistic shot at go to play at one of these schools?

The large majority of players will not be going to schools on these lists that is just reality.

Try to find the best fit, there are a lot of great opportunities out there.

Good Luck to All

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 Boston College
2 Syracuse
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Stony Brook
6 Notre Dame
7 Florida
8 Duke
9 Loyola Maryland
10 Maryland
11 Virginia
12 James Madison
13 Denver
14 Rutgers
15 Drexel
16 Stanford
17 Johns Hopkins
18 Jacksonville
19 Temple
20 Massachusetts

#1 Stanford University
#2 Harvard University
#6 Yale University
#7 Princeton University
#8 University of Chicago
#12 Columbia University
#13 Cornell University
#14 Duke University
#17 New York University

Does it really matter which list ?? All of the universities on the lists are excellent.

At a quick glance it looks like a total of 16 schools that offer DI Women's Lacrosse made one or both of the lists that means if girls are looking to use lacrosse to help them get into a great academic school maybe 120 players from around the country will have the opportunity.

If the player wants to go to a Top 20 caliber school as well as play for a top 20 caliber lacrosse program your looking at approximately 8 (in a given year) schools approximately 60 players from around the country will have that opportunity.

If the player wants the opportunity to go to a top 10 caliber school and a top 10 caliber lacrosse program there are maybe 4 or 5 schools (in a given year)so you are looking at approximately 30 - 35 players from around the country.

How many Long Island players have a realistic shot at go to play at one of these schools?

The large majority of players will not be going to schools on these lists that is just reality.

Try to find the best fit, there are a lot of great opportunities out there.

Good Luck to All

The only schools that offer top 10 lacrosse and top 10 academics are Northwestern. Oh yea, just one. Close contenders are Princeton, Penn, Duke. Close and looking in are Hopkins, Stanford.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke gets smoked by other ACC teams, will be no different this year, they are definitely NOT the boys!

Off the top of my head I seem to remember Duke losing to BC by 1, ND by 1 and Unc by 1 last year and I think they beat UVA, VaTech and Louisville…

I hope your not the same dope who never heard of Scane or North…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Off the top of my head I seem to remember Duke losing to BC by 1, ND by 1 and Unc by 1 last year and I think they beat UVA, VaTech and Louisville…

They also lost to UVA, doubled down by UNC, triple dowed by Cuse, double down by NW. Duke is not a top team, please face facts. They did not recruit well this year either, so it's not looking much better. Their two 2022 commits from LI did not even make the UA team. Now who sounds like the dope?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They also lost to UVA, doubled down by UNC, triple dowed by Cuse, double down by NW. Duke is not a top team, please face facts. They did not recruit well this year either, so it's not looking much better. Their two 2022 commits from LI did not even make the UA team. Now who sounds like the dope?

The US team selection was a joke!! We know there was politics involved in those!! To bring that up as an example is dopey!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU! Making the UA team DOES NOT mean you aren’t a TOP player..enough already! When are people going to realize UA isn’t what it used to be! By any means!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top lacrosse and academics is all well and good. Here is another list ,Top 20 party schools, some have pretty good lacrosse and academics as well!

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/top-party-schools/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU! Making the UA team DOES NOT mean you aren’t a TOP player..enough already! When are people going to realize UA isn’t what it used to be! By any means!

Lol, it kind of does. Especially because they were committed 22’s outplayed by ‘23s. Not a good look

Page 12 of 34 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard