BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 34 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So your saying that Boston College, JMU and of course Navy and Army aren't big time schools? That is where the 2023 commits have come from thus far. Laughable... There were many more 2022 commits at this point. And many were able to get on campus and clinics prior to Covid's impact (Fall 2020, Winter 2021) so you can't use that as an excuse. I think there are going to be many surprises for the 2023 parents....
22's were not on campuses during recruiting last fall (Fall of 2020). Everything started shutting down the Winter of 2020. No coaches could come to any of their summer tournaments Summer 2020. That's why the 22 class recruited quicker. 23's have the ability to go to official visits, 22's did not

My daughter is a 22 and we did get to go to campuses before she committed. She committed on September 4th. She had a lot of interested at under armour summer of 2019 and also in the fall tournaments of 2019. We did clinics and admission tours during the winter of 2020 (before covid). ALthough coaches couldnt attend the summer of 2020, they did watch her highlight videos and watched her team play through live stream at some showcases as well as via her club games that were available on eventbeacon. The coaches had communicated with her club recruiting director prior to 9/1/2020 and she had even received emails from some interested schools asking for her resume, a recruiting questionnaire that was more indepth than the regular online one, etc... She knew where she was going on Sept 1st. It just took a couple days to nail down the specifics. Same for her friends/teammates. The 2023 class did have the benefit of coaches at their games and clinics on campus. It's been super slow so far for the 2023s compared to the 2022s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your saying that Boston College, JMU and of course Navy and Army aren't big time schools? That is where the 2023 commits have come from thus far. Laughable... There were many more 2022 commits at this point. And many were able to get on campus and clinics prior to Covid's impact (Fall 2020, Winter 2021) so you can't use that as an excuse. I think there are going to be many surprises for the 2023 parents....

Looks like the definition of “big time” has a different meaning to different people… IMHO Big Time would be Boston College, UNC, Maryland, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Florida, Virginia, Duke, Penn, Notre Dame, JMU, Penn State, USC, Stanford and maybe a couple of others. Army & Navy are in there own category for the incredible individuals who choose to go that route. Stony Brook is a Top 10 Program but is not for everyone.

Agree "big time" means different things to different people. There are Elite Teams, which many of those would be on the list. Drawing another analogy from FB, there are probably 5 "power" conferences in wlax (ACC, Big Ten, Pac 12, Ivy, CAA) and about a half dozen other schools from other conferences that fall around there. Your top 25 rankings each week will generally feature teams from these schools. Yes, some in the conferences are better than others and have year-in, year-out chances at a NC, but most would agree that if you are competing at the top of the league in these conferences, you are a top 25 team. So girls going to schools in these leagues have the ability to play on nationally ranked teams if things go well (even if not realistic odds to win a NC). That may be a better barometer of "big time", where those regularly competing for NC are likely "elite". "Big time" schools can get ranked and compete occasionally in the national mix, but the "elite" are there regularly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the definition of “big time” has a different meaning to different people… IMHO Big Time would be Boston College, UNC, Maryland, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Florida, Virginia, Duke, Penn, Notre Dame, JMU, Penn State, USC, Stanford and maybe a couple of others. Army & Navy are in there own category for the incredible individuals who choose to go that route. Stony Brook is a Top 10 Program but is not for everyone.

Agree "big time" means different things to different people. There are Elite Teams, which many of those would be on the list. Drawing another analogy from FB, there are probably 5 "power" conferences in wlax (ACC, Big Ten, Pac 12, Ivy, CAA) and about a half dozen other schools from other conferences that fall around there. Your top 25 rankings each week will generally feature teams from these schools. Yes, some in the conferences are better than others and have year-in, year-out chances at a NC, but most would agree that if you are competing at the top of the league in these conferences, you are a top 25 team. So girls going to schools in these leagues have the ability to play on nationally ranked teams if things go well (even if not realistic odds to win a NC). That may be a better barometer of "big time", where those regularly competing for NC are likely "elite". "Big time" schools can get ranked and compete occasionally in the national mix, but the "elite" are there regularly.

Let's keep some perspective folks. My kids were throwing the ball around in a local park last week and an older couple asked them what the game they were playing was called. For the majority of the population there is no such thing as big time lacrosse. Love the game, respect the game, enjoy the time you have left playing the game, most of all GET A THE BEST EDUCATION YOU CAN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number 1 recruit is the attacker from Grizzlies...and I’m a YJ parent. Perhaps YJ or Jester girl (or someone else) after that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. That list basically sums it up. Clemson’s New program could be financially Very attractive to some and on the other end, a Yale, Harvard or Brown education is nothing to sneeze at-but....but neither are Big Time Lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number 1 recruit is the attacker from Grizzlies...and I’m a YJ parent. Perhaps YJ or Jester girl (or someone else) after that.

I actually thought the #1 recruit was a middie from M&D Black who used to play for Heros. At least that is what was said on the UA Next Platform show that was on ESPNU last week. It had athletes from all different sports and there was a Maryland player from M&D who was touted as the number one 2023 women's lacrosse recruit. I had to research who she was and saw she played for M&D this year but had played for Heros Green years prior. I am not trying to be mean here - just what I saw last week. I had come upon the show by accident but found it to be a very interesting concept and great marketing by Under Armour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big Time…

ACC: BC, UNC, Syracuse, UVA, Notre Dame

B1G: Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State…Hopkins … (Michigan much improved, let’s see if they can consistently be Top 20)

Ivy: Princeton, Penn (Dartmouth looked good in 19’ let’s see if new coach can make it 3 Ivy’s)

PAC 12: USC, Stanford (can Colorado and Arizona State make the jump)

Patriot: Loyal (Navy has had a couple of great seasons)

CAA: JMU

AAC: Florida

AE: Stony Brook

Big East: Georgetown has dropped off over the years great school solid program, big time?? Denver has certainly been making noise.

There are somewhere between 15 & 20 “Big Time” programs. These are programs that are consistently Top 20 and in some cases Top 10.

We all know which programs they are, they are competitive among Top 10-20 programs each and every year. It is the exception not the rule if one of these teams is not ranked at the end of the season. We are not talking about the other way around. These are teams that consistently make the NCAA Tournament without having to win their conference, they are not a flash in the pan.

Not trying to knock or diminish any programs, just looking at history, results and reality. There are some programs that are positioned better than others to consistently crack the Top 20:
Michigan is my odds on favorite, they have all the pieces, just need to become more consistent at getting top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of big official visits going on this weekend and next. I think we will see a flurry of commitments. My daughter has 4 that she is deciding from. Hearing the same from several others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I think we will see a flurry of commitments. My daughter has 4 that she is deciding from. "

You're probably the dad I've been avoiding on the sidelines for the past 8 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's keep some perspective folks. My kids were throwing the ball around in a local park last week and an older couple asked them what the game they were playing was called. For the majority of the population there is no such thing as big time lacrosse. Love the game, respect the game, enjoy the time you have left playing the game, most of all GET A THE BEST EDUCATION YOU CAN.

Oh stop. We all know which programs are considered big time and just about all of them are excellent schools where a player can get a great education. Most understand that education comes first so when you look at the perennial Top 10 -20 programs (the big time) obviously the top recruits can select a school that has excellent academics as well.

There is always someone trying to diminish a player, program, school even the sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh stop. We all know which programs are considered big time and just about all of them are excellent schools where a player can get a great education. Most understand that education comes first so when you look at the perennial Top 10 -20 programs (the big time) obviously the top recruits can select a school that has excellent academics as well.

There is always someone trying to diminish a player, program, school even the sport.

Problem is that you can’t have real National Championship contender and a top 10 Academic school because you need to prioritize one or the other with exception of NU. You either choose a BC, UNC, MD, Cuse which are excellent schools and have a real strong shot at a NC in 4 years. Or you choose a Duke, ND, Stanford, JH, Princeton, Penn, who have top academics and a chance to break through to a final 4, and possible championship. I’m talking hypothetically for the absolute top recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually thought the #1 recruit was a middie from M&D Black who used to play for Heros. At least that is what was said on the UA Next Platform show that was on ESPNU last week. It had athletes from all different sports and there was a Maryland player from M&D who was touted as the number one 2023 women's lacrosse recruit. I had to research who she was and saw she played for M&D this year but had played for Heros Green years prior. I am not trying to be mean here - just what I saw last week. I had come upon the show by accident but found it to be a very interesting concept and great marketing by Under Armour.
Top 23 recruit is from CT Grizzlies, #2 from Skywalkers…no M&D Player even in the Top 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is that you can’t have real National Championship contender and a top 10 Academic school because you need to prioritize one or the other with exception of NU. You either choose a BC, UNC, MD, Cuse which are excellent schools and have a real strong shot at a NC in 4 years. Or you choose a Duke, ND, Stanford, JH, Princeton, Penn, who have top academics and a chance to break through to a final 4, and possible championship. I’m talking hypothetically for the absolute top recruits.

I would say if you are prioritizing winning a National Championship over a Top 10 academic school your priorities are screwed up. That said, you have no idea what programs out of that top 10-15 programs will win their first or be back for another. It took UNC 18 or 19 years to win their first, BC took a while, Been a long time since Northwestern, Princeton, UVA or Penn State have won. Syracuse has not won, Duke has never won, Notre Dame has not won, Stony Brook has not won. Obviously Stanford and Penn have not Won. JMU has Proven that if you can compete with the elite , you can win a NC if all the right pieces are in place. BTW, BC doesn’t win last year without their transfers and UNC had the most talented roster and didn’t get it done.
Seedling in the tournament plays a huge role as well.

The vast majority of top recruits go to those top programs every year, I would say if the stars align any of the top 20-15 programs could win.

I think for the majority of top recruits finances play more of a role than the chance at winning a NC. Also, keep in mind not all of the top recruits have the grades for all of the top programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 23 recruit is from CT Grizzlies, #2 from Skywalkers…no M&D Player even in the Top 20

That’s funny. Sorry, Skywalkers have no girls in the top 10. I agree with Grizzlies. Speaking of rankings, why are these girls not ranked?? Boys are! Horrible how girls are treated in sports. Lazy rankers will base it on where and when girls commit. What a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top recruit from grizzlies committed UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s funny. Sorry, Skywalkers have no girls in the top 10. I agree with Grizzlies. Speaking of rankings, why are these girls not ranked?? Boys are! Horrible how girls are treated in sports. Lazy rankers will base it on where and when girls commit. What a joke!

If the player is a top tier recruit they will be receiving offers from top 10 caliber programs shortly if they have not received them already.

The recruit rankings usually come out around this time of year and traditionally IL has done a great job.

BTW, does it really matter whether the list comes out a little before or after some kids commit to some of the top programs? If top 10 caliber programs are offering this early the player is obviously a top recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats.. she’s a beast and deserves it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was most likely between UNC and Stanford since she has sisters at both. Heard the sister does not love Stanford. Probably factored into the decision. You go to California for lax, and you disappear. UNC is a special place. Great choice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://lacrossemagazine.com/2023-girls/
Sorry, not sure why you are offended that a Skywalkers is 2nd in the 2023 class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She hasn’t done much all summer and disappeared in many games this summer including Elite 8. Please stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, there a few very good players on that list mixed with very average players. Most of the better players are not on that list. smh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break! That poll and publication is a total joke. I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity - even when you pay for it.

There are few local MD girls, naturally gifted, and aggressive girls on SW and I hope they start committing soon! I cant wait to see where my favorite goes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While that list has the Grizzlie girl appropriately list first, it is in no way even close to or suggest to be a “ranking”. Just a watch list. Not a single YJ Middie or attack. The YJ girl going to BC not on there an amazing an example, and I’m not even a fan of hers. The Jesters girl from TG was speculated on here for BC. This list-not ranking has her...about 10 names down.

Ultimately-each list consists of 1 name, that of your daughter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to register or apply to that list. that kid gets made fun of by girls on her team. she isn’t even top 5 on SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG lol… This isn’t even a ranking - just a 23 watchlist and a complete joke one at that. If you knew any of these 23’s you would know that! Inside Lacrosse will have the real rankings soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was most likely between UNC and Stanford since she has sisters at both. Heard the sister does not love Stanford. Probably factored into the decision. You go to California for lax, and you disappear. UNC is a special place. Great choice!

Actually, it was the other way around, was surprised a bit by UNC selection. Sister at Stanford redshirted as a freshman last year and will have a big 2022 season. If she did not like Stanford, than why no transfer portal? Some of us know the facts but you keep trying to tear down everything Stanford lax. That being said, cannot go wrong with UNC and congrats to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She hasn’t done much all summer and disappeared in many games this summer including Elite 8. Please stop

And my daughter helped that happen in one of the games - shut that publicity machine down- clap clap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it was the other way around, was surprised a bit by UNC selection. Sister at Stanford redshirted as a freshman last year and will have a big 2022 season. If she did not like Stanford, than why no transfer portal? Some of us know the facts but you keep trying to tear down everything Stanford lax. That being said, cannot go wrong with UNC and congrats to her.

Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And my daughter helped that happen in one of the games - shut that publicity machine down- clap clap
This hit a nerve with alot of people? Why's that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think because a claim was made that was pretty bizarre. Talk to me when the actual rankings come out. Until then, go away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there.

True. Stanford never had a legit chance at her. The cream of the crop athletes do not go there. It’s more for girls that are decent players but looking for super elite academics. The same type of player that commits to Princeton or Penn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Top recruit from grizzlies committed UNC

** "Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there."**

The jealousy never ends.... too many people with jealousy, bitterness and envy.... Tearing down players, programs, decisions in an effort to elevate your daughter, her program or her decision never works, it always makes you look small, weak and insecure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eh...you're probably her mom trolling for attention and accolades ... we cant wait to see where she lands!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eh...you're probably her mom trolling for attention and accolades ... we cant wait to see where she lands!
Nope, don't even know her. Just curious why so many got worked up by the statement? Interesting IMO. Honestly, I think it goes to show that "the best" may not actually be the best, and that there are plenty of girls out there that don't get the acknowledgement that are in fact "the best" - they just weren't "marketed" like some of these girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Top recruit from grizzlies committed UNC

** "Even as a great athlete and at a Great school but surrounded by people operating on another level and it must get pretty lonely. you never transfer out of some of the schools it just isn't accepted. Hopkins is probably the same. You can get in to play but your circle is small there."**

The jealousy never ends.... too many people with jealousy, bitterness and envy.... Tearing down players, programs, decisions in an effort to elevate your daughter, her program or her decision never works, it always makes you look small, weak and insecure.

Lol, Stanford dad. Nobody is tearing down the school. It’s the right choice for some. Also, nobody transfers out schools like Stanford, even if it’s not everything they thought it would be. There is life beyond lacrosse. Stop being so mad that top recruits aren’t choosing that school and be happy that your daughter is getting a great education. This is a lacrosse forum, not a “best school” forum. The lacrosse experience is a very real consideration for the very top players. That’s why they go to UNC, MD, and BC. They have better lacrosse programs while providing an excellent education. Seems like it’s you tearing down those schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Stanford never had a legit chance at her. The cream of the crop athletes do not go there. It’s more for girls that are decent players but looking for super elite academics. The same type of player that commits to Princeton or Penn.

Older sister at Stanford is literally cream of the crop. Best attack in the 2020 class (in spite of ILWomen having her as #3 attack, which is still elite) according to my daughter who has played with or against most of the top 50 girls at this point. Being on the west coast does make snagging the top players more challenging, but it is crazy to say they only get decent players. And no, I’m not a relative or Stanford parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, don't even know her. Just curious why so many got worked up by the statement? Interesting IMO. Honestly, I think it goes to show that "the best" may not actually be the best, and that there are plenty of girls out there that don't get the acknowledgement that are in fact "the best" - they just weren't "marketed" like some of these girls.

Ok there's another girl on that team with super-marketing mom too. Go home and play there. The girls will be much happier, plus its bad for their mental health just flying back and forth all of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think because a claim was made that was pretty bizarre. Talk to me when the actual rankings come out. Until then, go away

The only rankings that actually matter are out... and they are starting to be made public. The best players are being offered spots by the top programs. The best players will receive multiple offers from the best (Top 5 /10/15 programs). The best programs are fighting for the best players. It is very simple, if a player is not being offered by the top programs, the player is not a top recruit. Receiving an email, phone call or an invitation to visit a top program is not the same thing as receiving an offer.

Reading some of the comments posted makes it very obvious that there are many first timers and or parents who who have no clue as to how the recruiting process works for the top recruits. There are maybe 40 - 50 legit "top" recruits out there and the best programs are always in the mix trying to get them. No single team will get all of the players at the top of their list. This is not a random process, the coaches have their priorities and they have the players ranked and they know how much scholarship $$ they will allocate to players based on where the player ranks on their list (they are also trying to figure out merit $$ and or need based $$ so they have an idea of the net cost for these players). News Flash... The number 1 recruit at a particular program gets more scholarship $$ then the number 8 recruit. In some cases you will see a player commit to a top program (before higher ranked players on the coaches list) if that player is not asking for a lot of $$$. You never know the full story....

We are currently in the first round of recruiting for the top programs and for the top recruits. Yes, I know that all programs are recruiting but the best players do not really consider all programs. The top 10 - 20 or so programs are diverse in many ways and the top players usually find a home at one of those programs. This is not intended to knock any program but it is rare to see a player receive offers from say Northwestern, Boston College, North Carolina, Duke, Princeton Virginia, Penn etc... and then choose to go to a non traditional Top 10 - 20 program like Uconn, Delaware, Brown, Columbia, Boston University etc...(all of which a solid programs and schools)... it can happen but it is the exception not the rule.

This nonsense about which player is #1 is a joke, if a player is ranked in the Top 40 and is being offered a spot by top 10 caliber programs in the early rounds that player is legit.

After the top players are all off the board, we will hear parents trying to justify their daughters decision to go to a school that is not traditionally a Top 10 - 15 program. Some parents will try to bash or diminish schools or programs all the while trying to pump up their daughter, her decision and her school/program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That could be the single densest post that I have seen on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only rankings that actually matter are out... and they are starting to be made public. The best players are being offered spots by the top programs. The best players will receive multiple offers from the best (Top 5 /10/15 programs). The best programs are fighting for the best players. It is very simple, if a player is not being offered by the top programs, the player is not a top recruit. Receiving an email, phone call or an invitation to visit a top program is not the same thing as receiving an offer.

Reading some of the comments posted makes it very obvious that there are many first timers and or parents who who have no clue as to how the recruiting process works for the top recruits. There are maybe 40 - 50 legit "top" recruits out there and the best programs are always in the mix trying to get them. No single team will get all of the players at the top of their list. This is not a random process, the coaches have their priorities and they have the players ranked and they know how much scholarship $$ they will allocate to players based on where the player ranks on their list (they are also trying to figure out merit $$ and or need based $$ so they have an idea of the net cost for these players). News Flash... The number 1 recruit at a particular program gets more scholarship $$ then the number 8 recruit. In some cases you will see a player commit to a top program (before higher ranked players on the coaches list) if that player is not asking for a lot of $$$. You never know the full story....

We are currently in the first round of recruiting for the top programs and for the top recruits. Yes, I know that all programs are recruiting but the best players do not really consider all programs. The top 10 - 20 or so programs are diverse in many ways and the top players usually find a home at one of those programs. This is not intended to knock any program but it is rare to see a player receive offers from say Northwestern, Boston College, North Carolina, Duke, Princeton Virginia, Penn etc... and then choose to go to a non traditional Top 10 - 20 program like Uconn, Delaware, Brown, Columbia, Boston University etc...(all of which a solid programs and schools)... it can happen but it is the exception not the rule.

This nonsense about which player is #1 is a joke, if a player is ranked in the Top 40 and is being offered a spot by top 10 caliber programs in the early rounds that player is legit.

After the top players are all off the board, we will hear parents trying to justify their daughters decision to go to a school that is not traditionally a Top 10 - 15 program. Some parents will try to bash or diminish schools or programs all the while trying to pump up their daughter, her decision and her school/program.

Well said n informative
Thanks

Page 10 of 34 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard