June 5th Showcases: Final Chance to Register 4 the CBLaxers UnD1sputed & LI Showcase! wee.CBLaxers.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/28/22 09:19 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 05/28/22 09:10 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/28/22 08:56 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/28/22 08:25 PM
High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
by Anonymous - 05/28/22 08:11 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,082
Posts336,388
Members2,444
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 89 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 88 89
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #348773 09/06/21 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is myopic, only if you are self-centered and untrustworthy. Perhaps you don't understand because you live your entire life in this manner. Is this comprehensible to you now, or should I explain it otherwise?

Fool. Get over yourself and your self righteous nonsense.

Watching Notre Dame Vs Florida State football, ND Quarter Back originally verbally committed to Notre Dame to play lacrosse , he then switched to go play football at Wisconsin, he lost his starting Job when he was injured, he transferred to Notre Dame and is The ND Starting QB.

Yes, he definitely should have honored his original commitment. Give me a break.

Next time a women’s lacrosse player switches from lax to football you can tell-post this…

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #348784 09/06/21 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another YJ 2023 to commit- BC

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348788 09/06/21 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought the Jesters girl would get that spot!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348791 09/06/21 01:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is myopic, only if you are self-centered and untrustworthy. Perhaps you don't understand because you live your entire life in this manner. Is this comprehensible to you now, or should I explain it otherwise?

Fool. Get over yourself and your self righteous nonsense.

Watching Notre Dame Vs Florida State football, ND Quarter Back originally verbally committed to Notre Dame to play lacrosse , he then switched to go play football at Wisconsin, he lost his starting Job when he was injured, he transferred to Notre Dame and is The ND Starting QB.

Yes, he definitely should have honored his original commitment. Give me a break.

This is not at all an example of what anyone here is talking about. First, he's a grad transfer - spent four years on roster at WI so how did he not honor his commitment? I don't know his intentions when he committed to UND for lax, but hard to hold it against someone for choosing a different sport with a full ride scholarship.

Don't make a commitment you don't intend to keep, or you hope not to keep. It's really that simple. There are valid reasons players decommit or transfer. Not a problem, sometimes happens, but players shouldn't commit to a program unless they have the best intentions to play there. Don't encourage your kids to commit when you plan to keep shopping around for something better. Besides, top programs are indeed recruiting top 2023s as of 9/1 and if your daughter is not hearing from those programs real soon, it most likely means you're not being realistic and using covid as an excuse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348811 09/06/21 07:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have seen her play, she is one of those kids who can choose where she wants to go as far as her play on the field. Have not seen her grades, but if she took care of business in the classroom, she truly can go anywhere she wants. Hold on and let’s see where she chooses.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #348819 09/06/21 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have seen her play, she is one of those kids who can choose where she wants to go as far as her play on the field. Have not seen her grades, but if she took care of business in the classroom, she truly can go anywhere she wants. Hold on and let’s see where she chooses.

She just lost a huge chess game! Great HS player, not sure about college.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348820 09/06/21 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She will go anywhere she wants. Not my kid. She has her pick.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #348822 09/06/21 09:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think this went through earlier. If it did or does I’m so sorry for the repost.

My daughter was on 2023 bandits, now 91. We weren’t overly happy with the coaching staff, but thought that staying at this point would be easier than trying to move her. She really wanted to stay with her friends as well so we made the choice to stay. Unfortunately, it is even more unorganized than in the past and there is no sign that the tournaments will be any better than we had with just bandits. We came back and paid under the impression that we’d have a full team even without having tryouts. Sadly many players who verbally committed to come back did not and it seems like numbers are getting lower and lower.

While my daughter and her close friends have paid, we are likely going to make the call to move to another club. My fear is that with one year left, this could hurt her. Friends from other clubs said that being on 91 of bandits was already a set back. So maybe moving is still a better option than staying on a tram falling apart with coaches and an organization we aren’t finding any success with?

Now that tryouts are over, I also fear that there aren’t any other spots left for her let alone her friends. Are there any 23 teams with open spots?

Im torn on what to do and would love advice from other parents in navigating this. Is it worth it to stick it out and risk this team folding (from talking to other parents it seems many are secretly planning their departure.) does anyone know of skilled 23 teams with spots open?

Any advice or input would help. This is my first run around with recruiting and my husband and I are worried.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348824 09/06/21 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately she will not be going to BC. Her spot was taken.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #348825 09/06/21 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to camp and official visit and her spot was swiped away, despite her hometown assistant coach vying for her. Don’t wait too long girls! That’s what happens!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #348827 09/06/21 11:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 22 just committed to Princeton. Let’s celebrate the accomplishment of those who go early and encourage t
Those who don’t to stay the course!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #348830 09/07/21 06:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you're telling me that BC is only taking 1 girl from the 23 class. Could you imagine of the coach is so crazy that she gets BOTH girls.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348831 09/07/21 06:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to camp and official visit and her spot was swiped away, despite her hometown assistant coach vying for her. Don’t wait too long girls! That’s what happens!

You sound like you know what your talking about where did your daughter commit to Oswego?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348833 09/07/21 06:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous statement. They take more then one of a position, but good try

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #348843 09/07/21 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous statement. They take more then one of a position, but good try

Sounds like someone is afraid of someone else going to BC. We all know if the Jesters girl goes there everyone else takes a back seat. Who doesn’t want the #1 recruit ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 89 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 88 89
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard