BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They haven't been an A team for a few years now anyway.

Funny thing is if you took all the ex igloo players they would be the best in the age group.

The only thing funny about that is the comment. Rediculous statement. Stick to baseball.

You obviously don’t have a son on a top team or you would know there are 3-4 players on pack taz and express that were on igloo at one point.
Yup. Half the Igloo team left because of the coaching. One coach is great guy, one complete donk, and one Dad. The owner refused to change so the better players left.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M

Funny thing is if you took all the ex igloo players they would be the best in the age group.

The only thing funny about that is the comment. Rediculous statement. Stick to baseball.

You obviously don’t have a son on a top team or you would know there are 3-4 players on pack taz and express that were on igloo at one point.
Yup. Half the Igloo team left because of the coaching. One coach is great guy, one complete donk, and one Dad. The owner refused to change so the better players left.

Keep dreaming of “what could of been’ Wake up call. All but one of those players are role players on those teams, and some are less than that, so calm down. There is no “could have been”. They were what they were. An above average team that couldn’t win a big game simply because they weren’t good enough. Especially the offense. No weapons. No coach was ever going to change that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M

Keep dreaming of “what could of been’ Wake up call. All but one of those players are role players on those teams, and some are less than that, so calm down. There is no “could have been”. They were what they were. An above average team that couldn’t win a big game simply because they weren’t good enough. Especially the offense. No weapons. No coach was ever going to change that.

you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The kids that left that team from 3rd grade on would form the best team on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a top tier 2024 team. Not one word from the coaches or organization on recruiting. Not one. What should we expect? You would think for 4k a year there would be some direction. There is none. At the very least, what should be happening

Nothing, build your sons film for next spring/summer. And then there is two types of showcases, ones that everybody gets in, and be selective on those and the ones that require the club to get you an invite. Keep in mind the club can’t send all 20 kids to those elite showcases, so it can get awkward.

Thanks. Unchartered waters for many - would have assumed a little bit of help

Do yourself a favor. Talk to your son about different schools that will be a good fit for him, then go from there. In my opinion, placing lax before everything else is a mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to sure of your point but there are about 30 kids on Express the latter 10 don't step on the field unless they are up big. You could say that for the bottom 5 on Pack and Taz. Those kids would be better off playing for Express B, igloo, True blue etc. they may get a little more run.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to sure of your point but there are about 30 kids on Express the latter 10 don't step on the field unless they are up big. You could say that for the bottom 5 on Pack and Taz. Those kids would be better off playing for Express B, igloo, True blue etc. they may get a little more run.

You must not know the top teams. The ex igloo kids are among the top 2-3 players on pack, taz, express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most parents would rather their son hold their stick like a shepherd on the sideline and get a nonsense tshirt than have them play on the organizations second team. Because field time is just as good as practice lmao.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest recruiting/club question: My son has been on his clubs top team for years and is being actively recruited. Not by the best D1 schools in the country but D1 schools he can probably get into academically and probably play for at some point. However hes got friends on the second team who are getting D1 looks as well. What was all the chaos, stress, and money going towards if he could have played 1 tournament less per summer and fall, maybe miss a showcase or two and still get recruited by similar schools for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is a 2024 being actively recruited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think your son is getting actively recruited as a 2024 then you are crazy. Good luck with recruiting bc you are clearly delusional!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most parents would rather their son hold their stick like a shepherd on the sideline and get a nonsense tshirt than have them play on the organizations second team. Because field time is just as good as practice lmao.

I believe in getting game time experience, but what are people's thoughts on a situation when your son is on a second team but the other kids are not nearly as good and it affects situations like moving the ball around, etc.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest recruiting/club question: My son has been on his clubs top team for years and is being actively recruited. Not by the best D1 schools in the country but D1 schools he can probably get into academically and probably play for at some point. However hes got friends on the second team who are getting D1 looks as well. What was all the chaos, stress, and money going towards if he could have played 1 tournament less per summer and fall, maybe miss a showcase or two and still get recruited by similar schools for?

No college coach is actively recruiting your son or his friends if they are 2024’s. They are not allowed to speak with them until September of their junior year. Which would be 101/2 months from now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No college coach is actively recruiting your son or his friends if they are 2024’s. They are not allowed to speak with them until September of their junior year. Which would be 101/2 months from now.

Maybe he is just sharing his experience as a 23 Dad? Letting the 24s know to not go overboard?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe he is just sharing his experience as a 23 Dad? Letting the 24s know to not go overboard?

You are correct, not actively recruiting. But my son was at The Show 2024 showcase last weekend and the coaches were hawking some of the abundance of talent that was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Taz lost to Express this weekend and best dime no-name team. Any truth to that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it was a good game. Close to the real end with express winning 5-3. Both teams for the most part had their full rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone other than Igloo at the, Not So Elite 80 Showcase ? I heard that attendance was so poor there were some 2025's there. Maybe they are of age but sounds pretty bad, not cheap either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone other than Igloo at the, Not So Elite 80 Showcase ? I heard that attendance was so poor there were some 2025's there. Maybe they are of age but sounds pretty bad, not cheap either

Know a 24 that drove up from PA. Talent level not great but interaction with the college coaches was very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Know a 24 that drove up from PA. Talent level not great but interaction with the college coaches was very good.
I drove 15 minutes and was disappointed think about how they felt. I agree the coaching and interaction was nice but the talent level was not elite. We really had no choice and had to attend but wouldn't recommend it if you're an outsider.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I drove 15 minutes and was disappointed think about how they felt. I agree the coaching and interaction was nice but the talent level was not elite. We really had no choice and had to attend but wouldn't recommend it if you're an outsider.

Interaction doesn't get a kid recruited, and the $700+ fee is a total joke for AA to charge. he's a slime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there services out there that help with recruiting? Our travel team offers little to none....actually none. I get 4 or 5 emails a week from websites offering to help build an online profile to connect with college coaches....not sure where my name is out there for that. My son does play on an A team, and does well, but his high school doesnt have many kids that commit. Really just a confusing muddled landscape. Even a link to a good article on how to get started? To be honest, he will probably be D3 and I am very happy with that. We are in this for the friendships that develop, the rest is a bonus. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interaction doesn't get a kid recruited, and the $700+ fee is a total joke for AA to charge. he's a slime.

AA from Igloo is a lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there services out there that help with recruiting? Our travel team offers little to none....actually none. I get 4 or 5 emails a week from websites offering to help build an online profile to connect with college coaches....not sure where my name is out there for that. My son does play on an A team, and does well, but his high school doesnt have many kids that commit. Really just a confusing muddled landscape. Even a link to a good article on how to get started? To be honest, he will probably be D3 and I am very happy with that. We are in this for the friendships that develop, the rest is a bonus. Thanks.

Your director should be able to offer advice, at the very least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of recruiting services out there. My older kids use Connect lax. Check Wacky lax website. They have a page dedicated to Prospect days and showcases. They are some real good D3 showcases out there. Start making highlight film. and target the schools that your son is interested in. Hit their prospect days and get him registered for individual showcases that his target schools are at. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.siriuslacrosse.com/news_article/show/1194320 NAL last weekend....watched very good lacrosse with a ton of D1 coaches at almost every field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.siriuslacrosse.com/news_article/show/1194320 NAL last weekend....watched very good lacrosse with a ton of D1 coaches at almost every field

SIRIUS = CNN Club & Showcase Owners pushing there own players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"SIRIUS = CNN Club & Showcase Owners pushing there own players."

+1 Apparently most of the top ten players in the country all play for Team Slainte LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF this weekend in MD doesn't look to great...Where are all the teams???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most too banged up from football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams not invited.. Invite only. Will not get Invite if you can beat them..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most too banged up from football.

NHSLS is this weekend so kids are playing for their high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting websites are possibly good for getting looks from lower D1s, mid-lower D3s and D2s but not from the upper teams at all as those are usually through connections. ConnectLax, sports recruits, NCSA and captainU are some of the services with first two likely being the most used. If you don’t have connections, this is probably better pathway for the middle of the road players. If he is an above average player at his position unfortunately your best bet is to go through connections through your club team or high school contacts which maybe doesn’t sound like it’s a great option for you. If that is the case you are going to have to do all your own leg work such as going to prospect days, showcases and creating your own videos and emailing coaches on your own. Unfortunately without connections that pathway may prove to be difficult. Having connections or being the top player at the position is the easiest way to get recruited. Caveat: everything is on a bell curve as most players fall into these categories but there are obviously a few outliers every year who succeed despite not falling into these categories. Disclaimer: This is just an opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make zero sense..top teams are involved with NLF..They are all invited....clueless once again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clueless is you thinking all the Top teams are in the NLF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The recruiting websites are possibly good for getting looks from lower D1s, mid-lower D3s and D2s but not from the upper teams at all as those are usually through connections. ConnectLax, sports recruits, NCSA and captainU are some of the services with first two likely being the most used. If you don’t have connections, this is probably better pathway for the middle of the road players. If he is an above average player at his position unfortunately your best bet is to go through connections through your club team or high school contacts which maybe doesn’t sound like it’s a great option for you. If that is the case you are going to have to do all your own leg work such as going to prospect days, showcases and creating your own videos and emailing coaches on your own. Unfortunately without connections that pathway may prove to be difficult. Having connections or being the top player at the position is the easiest way to get recruited. Caveat: everything is on a bell curve as most players fall into these categories but there are obviously a few outliers every year who succeed despite not falling into these categories. Disclaimer: This is just an opinion

Thank you, will do ConnectLax and sports recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clueless is you thinking all the Top teams are in the NLF

The NLF is representative of all the top organizations which may or may not represent all of the top teams at any given grade level. In a general sense, it’s common sense to assume that most of the top organizations will have the top teams at every level. However, there can be and are outliers. But it is also common sense to assume that they are very few and far between. At the 2024 level I can think of only one team that is not in the NLF and that would be the Legacy Taz team. Legacy is a small and overall not all that successful organization, outside of a couple of teams. Therefore, it’s not NLF-worthy, based on their level of standard. But is definitely a top10 team in the grade. If you think there is another outlier, please name it and we’ll see if anyone agrees with you. I’ve been around these top teams for 9 years, and I can’t think of any others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://youtu.be/TtEeIlcPfqM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is 91 WP. What an embarrassment. They decided to hide out for the entire the fall. Great job promoting the boys in the biggest fall of their careers.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard