BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 112 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you have seen TLC play, you will notice #18, daughter of the former national team and Georgetown coach. Could easily start at middie or attack for any club in MD at the 27 age group.

I don't know anything about who they may have picked up, but if it is 3 or 4 solid players, they can be competitive in the bottom half and A in NGLL. (definitely a step above Integrity, FCA, SW, Hero's White, potentially more).

The team was formed in early fall, so they didn't even get a full season tryout to acquire talent. I saw their beatdown of AIM at Crabcake, you know that they can play at that level. I expect them to be at the level of the older TLC teams sooner rather than later.

Though there’s still a number 18, I don’t see this particular player (daughter of Georgetown coach, etc) on TLC’s current roster. Did she leave?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since club teams have decimated rec leagues/teams there is a need for TLC and clubs like it

There needs to be places for the girls who want to play lax but don’t want to or can’t play at M&D to play

Stop bashing them. The most serious girls play at the big three but there needs to be places for other girls to play

No one is “bashing” it’s just in response to the poster who has them as a solid A division team, which clearly is inaccurate.

They are a B team along with 12 other clubs in area that help grow the game, which is the goal.

Again, things change, players develop, players get burned out, these rankings are not in stone, just for discussion

At the high school level, TLC plays in the same bracket as the big three at Tournaments like G8, lax for the Cure, etc. . Same can not be said for teams like Coppermine, LBC, and NEMs which are not even invited to G8. Which is why girls who may be on these teams in 7th grade tend to move to clubs like TLC and Skywalkers by high school.

Toc is not competitive with the top 3 at higher levels. They are a second tier club. The can be in the top bracket but getting blasted by good teams won’t help them get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have seen TLC play, you will notice #18, daughter of the former national team and Georgetown coach. Could easily start at middie or attack for any club in MD at the 27 age group.

I don't know anything about who they may have picked up, but if it is 3 or 4 solid players, they can be competitive in the bottom half and A in NGLL. (definitely a step above Integrity, FCA, SW, Hero's White, potentially more).

The team was formed in early fall, so they didn't even get a full season tryout to acquire talent. I saw their beatdown of AIM at Crabcake, you know that they can play at that level. I expect them to be at the level of the older TLC teams sooner rather than later.

Though there’s still a number 18, I don’t see this particular player (daughter of Georgetown coach, etc) on TLC’s current roster. Did she leave?

"former" Georgetown coach. Not RF daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"former" Georgetown coach. Not RF daughter.

Right, sorry, meant to say former. I guess it's neither here nor there for now - just curious if this changes the outlook for TLC. Obviously not a TLC parent, but wouldn't mind seeing them succeed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC will succeed when the kids stop going to SW or M&D clubs etc.
The people that stay on TLC are taking advantage of that vacuum or they don’t like the current team of SW or M&D, or there is nowhere else for them to go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people that stay on TLC are taking advantage of that vacuum or they don’t like the current team of SW or M&D, or there is nowhere else for them to go.

If we are talking 2027, then there's a lot of improvement to be had at the SW. If I am the 16th kid on M&D or Coppermine, I'd go to SW without hesitation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we are talking 2027, then there's a lot of improvement to be had at the SW. If I am the 16th kid on M&D or Coppermine, I'd go to SW without hesitation.

You are right, I don't think they won a game this year, so I would say its better to start and get that experience than win a medal or T-shirt for watching the games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I agree with the comment about leaving other better teams if I was the 16th girl. Most teams that are successful play most of their girls through their 17-20 girl roster. I’d agree if over 20 girls, you are on the bottom and not getting PT but in that case are you really going to get it elsewhere too. I’d keep my daughter playing up on a better team for a more competitive experience. Work to to be the best rather than leave for a lesser team to be the best. Plus you get better playing with better players. The lessons from sports our kids can learn are the true measurement of growth along with performance on the field. SW and TLC will get better but M&D, Hero’s and a few others will increase the gap still.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I agree with the comment about leaving other better teams if I was the 16th girl. Most teams that are successful play most of their girls through their 17-20 girl roster. I’d agree if over 20 girls, you are on the bottom and not getting PT but in that case are you really going to get it elsewhere too. I’d keep my daughter playing up on a better team for a more competitive experience. Work to to be the best rather than leave for a lesser team to be the best. Plus you get better playing with better players. The lessons from sports our kids can learn are the true measurement of growth along with performance on the field. SW and TLC will get better but M&D, Hero’s and a few others will increase the gap still.

Disagree. The gap is larger at the younger ages when some kids have not mastered the ability to catch, throw and have the stick skills. As they get older, every kid learns to play the game. Just look at the scores from 2018-2019 with this age group then look at the score last spring summer.

ITs not about leaving a great club to be the top girl on an average club, its about getting valuable experience.PT is not even typically. You gotta get on the field, at the end of day. Go to where you can play and improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one leaves m&d unless they are getting no playing time. Coppermine is a different story. The top players there will move on the a Skywalkers or TLC when they get closer to high school and realize that there is a big recruiting advantage at one of the older clubs. I’ve only one girl and seen it happen to Redshirts, C2, and Green Turtle, all of which had very strong middle school teams for her graduation year until their star players went elsewhere.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one leaves m&d unless they are getting no playing time. Coppermine is a different story. The top players there will move on the a Skywalkers or TLC when they get closer to high school and realize that there is a big recruiting advantage at one of the older clubs. I’ve only one girl and seen it happen to Redshirts, C2, and Green Turtle, all of which had very strong middle school teams for her graduation year until their star players went elsewhere.

M&D rosters a ton of kids. Plenty of reasnn for the bottom half of that roster to look elsewhere. It's no fun sitting on the bench. A few of those Coppermine kids also moved to NEMS this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One Coppermine girl left for NEMS. But they picked up 4 really good new players. So not sure what you meant by a few? Plus times are changing so Coppermine will start to keep girls through HS. A few years ago girls left Coppermine after 6th grade and now they are staying and I heard they had a bunch tryout. NEMS got some girls that tried out for Coppermine and didn’t make Coppermine as did SW. They aren’t at the level of Hero’s or M&D yet but who really is? Good luck to everyone this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D rosters a ton of kids. Plenty of reasnn for the bottom half of that roster to look elsewhere. It's no fun sitting on the bench. A few of those Coppermine kids also moved to NEMS this year.

M&D 27's have 21 and 19 on their rosters. Doesn't seem like "a ton of kids." Both Hero's teams carry 20 each. SW has 21 and 18. Comparative to the other teams in the area that have posted rosters...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 27's have 21 and 19 on their rosters. Doesn't seem like "a ton of kids." Both Hero's teams carry 20 each. SW has 21 and 18. Comparative to the other teams in the area that have posted rosters...

M&D Black had 25 before tryouts and splitting it up with a Red team. I think that is what they referred to.

20-22 is sweet spot, especially with multi sport athletes who could miss time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One Coppermine girl left for NEMS. But they picked up 4 really good new players. So not sure what you meant by a few? Plus times are changing so Coppermine will start to keep girls through HS. A few years ago girls left Coppermine after 6th grade and now they are staying and I heard they had a bunch tryout. NEMS got some girls that tried out for Coppermine and didn’t make Coppermine as did SW. They aren’t at the level of Hero’s or M&D yet but who really is? Good luck to everyone this year.

Other than the Coppermine name, what relation will Coppermine North and Coppermine West have with Coppermine? Similar uniforms, etc?

Coppermine has yet to update rosters, still showing last year's. Obviously you are a Coppermine parent, so good luck to you guys as well. Always a solid team for our club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the push to grow enrollment, it appears Coppermine is following the True model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the push to grow enrollment, it appears Coppermine is following the True model.
What does that mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

I think its that Coppermine is trying to buy up or merge with smaller clubs to create many different "Coppermine" teams based on location in the same area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

I think its that Coppermine is trying to buy up or merge with smaller clubs to create many different "Coppermine" teams based on location in the same area.
Coppermine has only "merged" with Elite. Elite tried to merge years ago with Rip n Run (who then folded and all went to TLC White). So clearly, Coppermine is "merging" with a club that was already looking for a home for years. Coppermine is trying to build their name, they have the means to do it, so why not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

Coppermine has only "merged" with Elite. Elite tried to merge years ago with Rip n Run (who then folded and all went to TLC White). So clearly, Coppermine is "merging" with a club that was already looking for a home for years. Coppermine is trying to build their name, they have the means to do it, so why not!

In addition to this merger, which resulted in Coppermine North, they also added Coppermine West and are holding supplemental tryouts this weekend to field as many teams as possible in all 3 locations. I'm guessing that's what they meant.

As PP said, though, they have the means, so why not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

In addition to this merger, which resulted in Coppermine North, they also added Coppermine West and are holding supplemental tryouts this weekend to field as many teams as possible in all 3 locations. I'm guessing that's what they meant.

Exactly. It's not a bad thing. Just know what you're getting. It doesn't always have to be about fielding elite teams. It's good business, really. The lower level teams help reduce costs for the upper tier teams. Kids of all levels still need a place to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

out of curiosity, where is coppermine west playing out of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

out of curiosity, where is coppermine west playing out of?

Their 4 Seasons facility in Carroll County

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem like many schedule tournaments are posted yet. Have their been any games this fall? Anything noteworthy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem like many schedule tournaments are posted yet. Have their been any games this fall? Anything noteworthy?

Brackets for Young Guns, National Fall Lax Fest and Chesepeake invitationals are you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments don't start until the end of Oct and go into Nov

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited for the Fall Tournaments to start soon. Looking forward to see what impact TLC will make this year. Will Bethesda still be in the Top 3? Has NEMS made the roster changes to put them in the Top 3? Will Coppermine be able to complete with the Top 3 teams this year. Then curious to see MDU, Pride and SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited for the Fall Tournaments to start soon. Looking forward to see what impact TLC will make this year. Will Bethesda still be in the Top 3? Has NEMS made the roster changes to put them in the Top 3? Will Coppermine be able to complete with the Top 3 teams this year. Then curious to see MDU, Pride and SW.

Will get an initial sense of where TLC is after Fall Showcase where they get to play top 20 team in Southern zone in addition to FCA and Phantastix from Philly (who they lost to last year). I would expect them to at minimum go 3-1 with Southern Zone being a toss-up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will get an initial sense of where TLC is after Fall Showcase where they get to play top 20 team in Southern zone in addition to FCA and Phantastix from Philly (who they lost to last year). I would expect them to at minimum go 3-1 with Southern Zone being a toss-up.

TLC best win was to #39 FCA and they tied NXT who was ranked 28?

Am I missing a game?

Unless your kid is on TLC, what’s the interest here? Did they add some nice players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC is not going to be in the Top-3, someone is going to overtake them, not sure if its NEMS, Coppermine, Pride, but someone will.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. TLC added some nice players to the roster this summer. They should be much improved this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. TLC added some nice players to the roster this summer. They should be much improved this year.

Which club teams did they come over from? I guess historically, Coppermine and NEMS eventually make their way to TLC and Skywalkers?

IT will be interesting to see if that holds true with the younger group where both Coppermine and NEMS have had great success and young ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC is not going to be in the Top-3, someone is going to overtake them, not sure if its NEMS, Coppermine, Pride, but someone will.

At this point, Pride is likely a step abover NEMS and Coppermine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also remember this team was formed late Fall, didnt play NGLL and really got together in the summer. About half of last year's team is on their B team (white).

They also have probably one of the 5 or 6 best players (#18) at this age group in MD. If they could fill out their starting lineup, they could contend mid-table of A. They wont be close to Heros, M&D, Pride or NEMS. But they will compete will MDU, Integrity, and LBC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also remember this team was formed late Fall, didnt play NGLL and really got together in the summer. About half of last year's team is on their B team (white).

They also have probably one of the 5 or 6 best players (#18) at this age group in MD. If they could fill out their starting lineup, they could contend mid-table of A. They wont be close to Heros, M&D, Pride or NEMS. But they will compete will MDU, Integrity, and LBC.

You referring to a girl that was on Skywalkers last year?

Hero's and M&D are just in another tier of everyone else.
There really isn't much difference between LBC and NEMS or Pride and MDU.
LBC beat Pride
MDU beat NEMS
Pride tied MDU
Pride tied NEMS
LBC beat MDU

They are all really mixed in, and honestly, outside of Aces, Eaglestix, they can all hold their own against anyone else Nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did BLC lose players this offseason?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. She played for TLC last year and scored about half of their goals and took nearly every draw. Her mother was the former youth national coach and Georgetown coach. She's one of those players who you can already tell will play very high D-1.

A bit surprised she came back, but as long as they have her, they will be competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. She played for TLC last year and scored about half of their goals and took nearly every draw. Her mother was the former youth national coach and Georgetown coach. She's one of those players who you can already tell will play very high D-1.

A bit surprised she came back, but as long as they have her, they will be competitive.

😂 You can tell a ‘27 is gonna play high d1?! 😂

Petro couldn’t get hs freshmen recruiting right at Hopkins, but you can tell with 6th graders.

Classic BoTC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

😂 You can tell a ‘27 is gonna play high d1?! 😂

Petro couldn’t get hs freshmen recruiting right at Hopkins, but you can tell with 6th graders.

Classic BoTC!

Wasn’t my post but you can 100% point out the top players who likely are high D1 players in 6th grade. We are only a few years removed from 8th graders getting informal offers after all.

Also TLC wasn’t really competitive against anyone inside top-25 last year with her, why would that change?

Page 13 of 112 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard