BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do we expect any college coaches to show up in person at this Inside Lacrosse Elite Eight Midnight Madness event tonight?

No. They already have their lists, and it's very unlikely to change despite a great or weak performance. They will likely watch the live stream though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we expect any college coaches to show up in person at this Inside Lacrosse Elite Eight Midnight Madness event tonight?

No. They already have their lists, and it's very unlikely to change despite a great or weak performance. They will likely watch the live stream though.

I don’t know if they will attend but I do know that “their lists” will change consistently. Once that first player commits the coaches re-evaluate and prioritize.

When that first Top Tier kid Commits most likely 4 or 5 other programs just lost one of their highly ranked recruits that they were hoping to get. It goes on and on, it is very fluid and a coach who was not offering today may offer tomorrow if they miss on other players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know if they will attend but I do know that “their lists” will change consistently. Once that first player commits the coaches re-evaluate and prioritize.

When that first Top Tier kid Commits most likely 4 or 5 other programs just lost one of their highly ranked recruits that they were hoping to get. It goes on and on, it is very fluid and a coach who was not offering today may offer tomorrow if they miss on other players.

Yes, and the coaches are not allowed to be there because it is still the quiet period until 12 midnight. However, Spallina will be there watching because his sons are playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other good advice and/or tips from parents who have been through the recruiting process? All, is Greatly appreciated by us first timers.
Be patient. Don't compare your daughters process with anyone else. Everyone's process is different! Communicate back to all schools that have reached out - even the emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any other good advice and/or tips from parents who have been through the recruiting process? All, is Greatly appreciated by us first timers.
Be patient. Don't compare your daughters process with anyone else. Everyone's process is different! Communicate back to all schools that have reached out - even the emails.

Agree with ^. We had a very polite reply ready for the schools that my daughter knew she did not want to attend for reasons such as academic standing or location. I think it is only fair to let those schools know as soon as possible that you are not interested so they can move along.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with ^. We had a very polite reply ready for the schools that my daughter knew she did not want to attend for reasons such as academic standing or location. I think it is only fair to let those schools know as soon as possible that you are not interested so they can move along.

Thanks! Suddenly there has been a flurry of activity on my daughters account from schools she never contacted; yet not seeing activity anymore from the schools she's really interested in. Guess we'll know more tomorrow. We may go quickly from "So excited to hear from schools!" to "rather not play". Between this and stress of being back in person post COVID these will be some interesting times to navigate with 16 year olds. Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks! Suddenly there has been a flurry of activity on my daughters account from schools she never contacted; yet not seeing activity anymore from the schools she's really interested in. Guess we'll know more tomorrow. We may go quickly from "So excited to hear from schools!" to "rather not play". Between this and stress of being back in person post COVID these will be some interesting times to navigate with 16 year olds. Good luck to all!

We’ve had some weird stuff like that happen too. Hard to say what any of it means. We will find out in a few hours! Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please hear me out- What if you are not ready to commit and want to work on your form a little bit more, like one season more.
And as a 23 you're not ready to make a decision until next summer?
Will some schools still come back to you (I know that they wont wait for you to make your decision) or blackball you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would suggest keeping very detailed notes of everything discussed with coaches. And every single coach will ask your daughter if she has any questions, have a canned list of at least a dozen ready to go. "Uhm" or "NO" is not an acceptable answer. Prep your daughter on how to handle these calls prior to answering them. Have a calendar ready and if it is a college of interest, book the visit date, whether it is the coach coming to do a home visit or you going to campus and follow up with details later. Keep all doors and options open until you have other better options and offers in your hand, even if your dream school calls, you most likely will still need a visit with the coach to get an offer, so you never know. My daughter had a lot of phone calls starting exactly at midnight, the coaches want to express interest, get you pumped on their program, but are also in a bit of a hurry to make other calls. Call waiting beeps should be ignored, but that is stressful too, but they will continue to call back until they reach you. We were up to about 4-5:00AM taking calls, then it died down til about 7:30AM then got busy again. The next two days were mostly follow up calls and making arrangements. Most coaches send an email exactly at midnight if they are interested and call ASAP. A set time for a phone meeting can be set up by responding to the emails, that seemed the easiest way as your daughter may be taking other calls and the coaches may be making other calls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would suggest keeping very detailed notes of everything discussed with coaches. And every single coach will ask your daughter if she has any questions, have a canned list of at least a dozen ready to go. "Uhm" or "NO" is not an acceptable answer. Prep your daughter on how to handle these calls prior to answering them. Have a calendar ready and if it is a college of interest, book the visit date, whether it is the coach coming to do a home visit or you going to campus and follow up with details later. Keep all doors and options open until you have other better options and offers in your hand, even if your dream school calls, you most likely will still need a visit with the coach to get an offer, so you never know. My daughter had a lot of phone calls starting exactly at midnight, the coaches want to express interest, get you pumped on their program, but are also in a bit of a hurry to make other calls. Call waiting beeps should be ignored, but that is stressful too, but they will continue to call back until they reach you. We were up to about 4-5:00AM taking calls, then it died down til about 7:30AM then got busy again. The next two days were mostly follow up calls and making arrangements. Most coaches send an email exactly at midnight if they are interested and call ASAP. A set time for a phone meeting can be set up by responding to the emails, that seemed the easiest way as your daughter may be taking other calls and the coaches may be making other calls.
This is fabulous advice.
My bit to add is to have your daughter ask the coach how many 23s they are planning on recruiting for the class (i.e. 6 kids) and where she stands on their list. Prep her and make sure she asks bc that information is very helpful to know. Some coaches will not be straight up,but others will.
If your daughter's dream school calls-it doesn't bode well if she tells them or any bid dogs who are interested that she's just going through the process. You have to let the schools you are interested in that you are very interested in them. If your daughter doesn't communicate that-they may just move on.
ENJOY this time!! A coach told me that and I thought they were crazy-it's definitely stressful-but folks-this is it-this is what your daughter has put so much time and hard work for and you've shelled out lots of money for. Enjoy those official visits (Unofficials are fun, too). Enjoy being wanted. There's a great fit out there for every girl.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also say with all the excitement of being called, don’t get too upset if you don’t get any calls, it doesn’t mean you won’t, and doesn’t mean no one is interested in your daughter, as a HS coach I’ve seen too many times where a girl is expecting calls and get nothing and their whole demeanor changes, for 95% of the girls, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and the coaches are not allowed to be there because it is still the quiet period until 12 midnight. However, Spallina will be there watching because his sons are playing.

Thanks JS fanboy for his location update

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t expect the phone to ring.. the contact will be 99% text messages or emails.. 99.9% of girls WIIL NOT receive any offer tonight, tomorrow or the month of September.. the process is just beginning for your group not ending

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also say with all the excitement of being called, don’t get too upset if you don’t get any calls, it doesn’t mean you won’t, and doesn’t mean no one is interested in your daughter, as a HS coach I’ve seen too many times where a girl is expecting calls and get nothing and their whole demeanor changes, for 95% of the girls, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

Great post! Just so parents and kids don’t get discouraged and frustrated. The phone frenzy on 9/1 prob 5% of the girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! great game between YJ and TG! YJ almost pulled off the win...but fell short

I saw they brought CR in to get the win😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG is definitely a Thorn in YJs side, pun intended

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i agree, kinda like Jesters are a thorn in TG's side and why the heck aren't the Jesters there anyway? Didn't they just beat Monster, Skywalker and Top Gun at MidAtlantic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the mom of a 22, I can’t agree with this more. My daughter did commit but not immediately. Sept 1st is just day 1. Many of her friends from high school who are all from different clubs (and some are from the very top clubs in the country) only received emails and txts on Sept 1st. Some ended up at a Top 10 program in the end. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get a personal visit or call on day 1. Keep your daughter positive. There will be tough and stressful days I promise. It’s quite the roller coaster but worth it in the end.

Don’t expect the phone to ring.. the contact will be 99% text messages or emails.. 99.9% of girls WIIL NOT receive any offer tonight, tomorrow or the month of September.. the process is just beginning for your group not ending

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i agree, kinda like Jesters are a thorn in TG's side and why the heck aren't the Jesters there anyway? Didn't they just beat Monster, Skywalker and Top Gun at MidAtlantic?

they must be on carols poopy list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jerry stop posting on every thread about your club 🤦🏻‍♂️

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with all the results in from this summer its a bit disappointing that Inside Lacrosse calls it the elite eight - its not really the top 8 teams without Conn Grizzlies and Jesters Black here! Grizzlies have beat just about every team invited here and so have the Jesters.... makes no sense! It would mean so much more to the players and everyone else if it was really the best 8 teams. Top Gun got manhandled by Grizzlies both times they played this summer and they lost to Jesters. Monster and Skywalker lost to Grizzlies and lost to Jesters this summer. Heroes also lost to both Grizzlies and Jesters this summer. YJ lost to Grizzlies and lost to Jesters and then we beat them in a close game at Mid Atlantic Championship! My daughter is here playing w YJ so i'm happy but its not right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great question!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, Jesters aren’t a thorn in anyone’s side! Otherwise they would have been invited to the Elite 8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes they did
politics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will InsideLacrosse be ranking 23’s this year?
Will there be any watchlists coming out? Can’t believe my girl is a junior and there haven’t been any kind of rankings or watchlist for her class (Covid, I know)
I hope coaches look beyond UAAA and AS for girls to put on the lists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be any watchlists coming out? Can’t believe my girl is a junior and there haven’t been any kind of rankings or watchlist for her class (Covid, I know)

I think they do it in October after girls commit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, Jesters aren’t a thorn in anyone’s side! Otherwise they would have been invited to the Elite 8

They are Not there because of politics! If it were truly based on merit then Jesters and Grizzlies should be there. The politics are a Total disservice to girls lacrosse the teams, and the girls !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Grizzlies Girls did not want to go. They were one of the 8 teams originally invited. When they pulled out, Legacy was invited late instead of Jesters. Personally It is Ernie-meanie-mynie-mo between those two Only thing that should seriously be on your minds is what to do next with the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies turned down the Invite due to conflicts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not seeing anything on here I am assuming TG lost to MD united ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United?!
Sky walkers 0-3 even with no Grizzlies ?!
At least college coaches know there events don’t really mean anything...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't want their kids playing lax at midnight 4 hours from home on a school night? Crazy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't want their kids playing lax at midnight 4 hours from home on a school night? Crazy?

Haha, More like they wanted to make sure they were home for their 12:00 phone calls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traditionally Inside Lacrosse has put out their Junior & Senior “Young Guns” rankings in September. They originally ranked 30 players they then increased it to 40 players and eventually 50 players . Last year , I assume due to COVID they changed it up a bit. The dropped the “Young Guns” name and I believe they ranked the Top 20 or 30 (can’t remember).

Who knows what they will do this year.

Coaches put players on their list who they believe can help their program. It has nothing to do with UA or AS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United?!

You shouldn’t be worried about what other teams are doing. It’s September 1st it’s recruiting time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha, More like they wanted to make sure they were home for their 12:00 phone calls!

Why don’t they have cell phones?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United?!

You shouldn’t be worried about what other teams are doing. It’s September 1st it’s recruiting time.

Not worried about the girls - Its the mom's wounded egos from all of the "Lets Go!" overposting yesterday on socialmedia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traditionally Inside Lacrosse has put out their Junior & Senior “Young Guns” rankings in September. They originally ranked 30 players they then increased it to 40 players and eventually 50 players . Last year , I assume due to COVID they changed it up a bit. The dropped the “Young Guns” name and I believe they ranked the Top 20 or 30 (can’t remember).

Who knows what they will do this year.

Coaches put players on their list who they believe can help their program. It has nothing to do with UA or AS.

Inside Lacrosse will put the rankings out after the top girls commit. They’ll rank them based off which top schools they commit to they actually haven’t watched them play. Why you shouldn’t care about it to much. Most will be great players so will the most next 50 players that didn’t make list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not seeing anything on here I am assuming TG lost to MD united ?

Yes, in overtime. Was a fun tournament, my daughter answered calls from all the schools she was interested on the way home, and already has several official visits being set up. Such an exciting time for these young ladies. Good luck to all!

Page 6 of 34 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard